ALMOST UNFIXABLE.

بواسطة Iyanuoluwa-Temi

"Sometimes, you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself, and... المزيد

WELCOME!
ALMOST UNFIXABLE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS.
001 ‑ Hoodie Memories.
002 - Day Ones.
003 - The Jungle.
004 - Jidenna Leo Okojie
005 - Betrayal
006a ‑ Truth Part 1
006b - Truth Part 2
007 ‑ Out of Control.
008‑ No Control.
009 ‑ Broken Friendships and Daddy Issues.
010 ‑ I Don't Belong.
011 ‑ Triggers.
012 ‑ Her Attraction.
013a ‑ Therapy and Tutorials Part 1.
013b‑ Therapy and Tutorials Part 2
014 ‑ What doesn't Kill You...
015 ‑ ...Makes You Stronger.
016 ‑ Nothing Special.
017a ‑ The Paragon Part 1
017b ‑ The Paragon Part 2
017c - The Paragon Part 3
018 - Pettiness 1.0
019 - Bitch, Be Humble.
020 - Screw All Doubts.
021 - Pettiness 2.0.
022 - Lies and Deceit.
023 - Go To Hell.
024 - Therapy Session.
025 - Make Other Friends.
026 - Are We Friends?
027a - I've Got Your Back Part 1
027b - I've Got Your Back Part 2
028 - Miserable and Empty.
029 - Imperfections.
030a - On a Date Part 1
030b - On a Date Part 2
030c - On a Date Part 3.
031 - Something More.
032 - Shutter Speed and Small Talks.
033 - E Shock You?
034 - Temper Tantrums and True Friendships
035 - Attractions and Revelations
036 - More Revelations...
037 - ...and More Attractions.
038 - The Best Version.
039 - Beyond Chemistry.
040a - Family Dinner Part 1.
040b - Family Dinner Part 2
041a - Reliving The Past
041b - Revealing The Past
041c - Repressing The Past
042 - Ghost
043 - Machiavellian.
044 - No Capping.
045 - Secrets
046 - Everything and More.
047a - A Lesson on Closure Part 1.
047b - A Lesson on Closure Part 2
048a - Once Bitten, Twice Shy Part 1
048b - Once Bitten, Twice Shy Part 2
049 - A Best Friend's Role
050 - Team Silary
051 - I feel Sexy.
052a - Who is Faking Part 1
052b - Who is Faking Part 2
053 - Sleep Over Frenzy
054 - I'm Okay... Not
CHARACTER AESTHETICS 2.
055 - I Fucked Up.
056- The Awakening
057a - A Lesson On Forgiveness Part 1
057b - A Lesson On Forgiveness Part 2
058 - Want.
059 - Obsession
060 - Promises
061a - Her... Part 1
061b - Her... Part 2
062a - Take A Step Part 1
062b - Take A Step Part 2
063 - Heartbreak
064 - In Your Arms
065a - The Inevitable Part 1
065b - The Inevitable Part 2
066a - The Enemy of My Soul Part 1.
066b - The Enemy of My Soul Part 2.
066c - The Enemy of My Soul Part 3.
068 - The Forever Seal.
069 - It's Going to be a Great Year.
070 - Air of Confidence.
071 - The Breaking Point.
072 - Breakfast?
073 - "Study Sessions" and Awkward Family Introductions.
074 - Reassurance and Less Awkward Family Introductions.

067 - The Night of Indulgence.

1.7K 376 754
بواسطة Iyanuoluwa-Temi

(067 - The Night of Indulgence.)

Happy Belated Anniversary to Almost Unfixable 😭🔥.

Omo! It's been an interesting, emotional and eventful two years, and we are still counting. It's sort of bittersweet too because this is definitely the longest I've gone writing a story and as much as I'm excited, I'm also scared.

But it's okay, because I wouldn't want it any other way🥹❤️.

I want to thank everyone that started this journey with me and is still with me. I want to thank you for your love, your support, your understanding and patience because that's what has kept be going. Thank you so much for being there.

Also, happy belated birthday to my baby Rihanna_Adedeji . God bless you for me. I love you so much baby girl.

Sorry for not giving you guys a double update as promised. You will have to make do with this. I'll get started on the next chapter as soon as I can by God's grace.

Enjoy 🔥✌🏽.

𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐇𝐀
(Semeeha Iris Malik)

I was mindlessly scrolling through Instagram when my attention was drawn to the new notifications on my board; an absurdly large amount of notifications at that. When I tapped the icon and found myself in the notifications section, I saw it.

A surge of new followers.

The number had skyrocketed from 10.5 million that it was on a few days ago to a staggering 11 million.

It meant that I had gained 500k new followers in just less than seventy-two hours.

Most people would be shocked or thrilled by such a milestone, but for me, it didn't evoke any of those emotions. This was something that had become a regular occurrence since the day my lingerie shoot went viral.

Ever since then, my phone has been buzzing nonstop, and my follower count had climbed from a struggling 4.5 million that it was on for almost two years to 7 million in a matter of weeks, then 10.5 million... and now 11 million.

I had a feeling that before the next day, it would reach 15 million. And it won't even be a shocker.

Any other celebrity would see this as a big achievement, a cause for celebration or excitement. But deep down, I couldn't embrace that sentiment. The memory of the day of the shoot was still etched in my mind, haunting me relentlessly.

That man's touch, and Mother's consent.

It was something I couldn't shake off easily, and that was the terrifying part.

As the engagement on my page grew, so did the influx of comments. Alongside the "positive" comments, there were also "hate" comments, or at least that's how Mother labeled them. Many people claimed that I was too young to be posing for such pictures, let alone sharing them on social media for everyone to see, all under the guise of modeling.

@AdesuaGlow
This is absolutely inappropriate! How can she be wearing lingerie at her age? Where are her parents? They should be protecting her, not allowing this kind of content to be out there. It's disturbing and wrong.

@MamaBee
Ah ah! Wetin dis girl dey do? Na small pikin' she be, no be to dey wear dis kain clothes. Her mama suppose take control and guide her well. This tin no right at all.

@TraditionalValues
I totally agree! Our culture and values should be respected. This kind of behavior goes against our traditions and morals. We should be teaching our young ones better.

@ZaraZephyr
Hold on, let's not jump to conclusions. She is a model, and this is part of her profession. It's about artistic expression and showcasing fashion. We need to separate personal judgment from the professional context. Let's not be too quick to judge.

@LuxeLifestyle
@TraditionalValues I understand your concerns, but we should also consider her passion and talent. If she has the ability and drive to pursue a modeling career, we shouldn't hold her back based on age alone. Let's empower our youth to follow their dreams and make their own choices.

@EnigmaticGoddess
Art knows no boundaries or age limits. Models of various ages participate in different forms of media. As long as she is of legal age and is comfortable with it, we should respect her choices. Let's foster an environment of understanding and acceptance.

@OpenMindedObserver
While I understand the concerns, let's remember that everyone's path is different. If she has proper guidance and support, she should be allowed to explore her interests. Instead of criticizing, let's encourage healthy dialogue and respect each other's perspectives.

@NaijaVoiceOfReason
Abeg, this post no make sense at all. Na rubbish we dey support just to dey do like Western people. Wetin be dis lingerie shoot? E no good at all. Dem dey sexualize Semeeha. Na her mama suppose enter prison, no be so? Make we dey talk truth, e no dey right. We suppose dey protect our pikin' and our culture. Dis thing don pass boundary.

Those comments hit me hard, reinforcing the nagging feeling that something was deeply wrong with all of this.

But my mother seemed unaffected by the backlash.

Natasha Malik dismissed the negative voices, saying they were the minority and shouldn't be given any attention. Instead, she reveled in the attention my brand was receiving and the offers pouring in from lingerie and bikini clothing lines around the world.

She embraced it all, disregarding my discomfort.

But I didn't dare complain. I knew it wouldn't end well if I did.

I felt conflicted about the new direction my life and brand were taking. Indifference was far from what I felt. I despised how those pictures portrayed me, how they exposed me to the public eye. And the way it intensified my own insecurities about my body was overwhelming.

And don't even get me started on the process of the shoots.

I have encountered even more repulsive men than I could count in the past few weeks. They were eager to invade my personal space, touching me in inappropriate and degrading ways. The encounters left me feeling sick, and disgusted.

As soon as I get home after every shoot, I'd jump into the showers and wash myself thoroughly under scotching hot water, sometimes too roughly that I'd bruise my skin. But nothing worked because I still felt their hands all over my body.

Sometimes, I found myself throwing up frequently, not because I was bloated from stress eating, but because everything around me made me feel nauseous, even the mere thought of it.

Everything made my skin crawl.

But I was powerless. There was nothing I could do. The slap my mother gave me the last time served as a constant reminder.

So I stayed still, allowing those men to do whatever they wanted to my body all in the name of capturing the perfect pose, while Mother watched as she sipped Champagne or Rosé.

The people online were not the only ones who felt uncomfortable about the shoots. It seemed like my friends have also noticed the discomfort in the whole thing, especially Hilary and Dawn. They haven't stopped asking me if I was okay taking those sorts of pictures.

Of course, I can't tell them that I'm actually not comfortable with anything, so I just brush it off and act like I'm all cool with it.

Plus, Kizito seemed to still be in the category of people that like the shoots, coming to my aid several times whenever the conversation came up on the group chat, telling the girls that I wouldn't do something I'm not cool with and that I'm okay with the pictures.

He would hype me up, calling me Sexy Semmy.

Kiziboo 🥹❤️✨
I don't know why you guys are getting worked up 😂😂. This is her profession, shey you know? She is used to all of this.

Dawn❤️
Yes, it's her profession but there are some parts of it that you just need to be careful about... or better still, stay away from and not test at all. Lingerie shoot 🤨? That's pretty extreme for a teen.

Hilary✨💕
I'd have to agree with Dawn on this one. Everything about it seems one hundred percent inappropriate. It's just weird🙃.

Kiziboo 🥹❤️✨
That's just your personal opinion. I mean, Semeeha never said she was uncomfortable with it. Abi @semmybaby🔥🥵? Are you good?

Me
Well... yeah🤷🏽‍♀️. I'm not complaining.

Kiziboo 🥹❤️✨
See! She's not complaining.

Dawn❤️
(Tags me)
That's not the right answer to the question. You might not be complaining but that does not mean you are fine with it💀.

Hilary✨💕
(Tags Me)
In fact, whether you are fine with it or not, it doesn't diminish the fact that it's sending the wrong message out there. @Kiziboo🥹❤️✨you wouldn't know because you are not a babe 😑.

Kiziboo🥹❤️✨
But I have a babe naw 😂😂😂

Dawn❤️
Who you are probably supposed to be chatting with. You want her to snag one fine Arabian guy in Dubai and replace you with him bah? Get out of here! 😂

Kiziboo 🥹❤️✨
😂🏃🏾
(😂2)

Dawn and Hilary wouldn't budge on their stance and feeling about the pictures and the kind of attention they were getting online. Especially Dawn.

Sometimes I would wonder why she was so interested in protecting my dignity after I didn't stand up for her when it was my turn to protect hers. She pushed our strain aside and was so hellbent on making me admit that I was uncomfortable with the shoot, the pictures, and everything altogether.

But she was the last person I could admit that to... not after everything I told her about how she should be grateful people– men, were fawning over her magnificent body.

Now, I was in that same shoes. I'm feeling exactly how she felt. It was not a good feeling, no matter how much Kizito's words tried to make me feel good about it.

I shouldn't be shocked Kizito was hyping me up and had no problem with the lewd pictures. He seemed very interested in those kinds of pictures because it was something like it that his girlfriend always posted online, something he always praised her in the comments for so it made sense.

Now, what I wasn't sure of was if he actually like girls in lewd outfits, or if he was only trying to be a supportive friend. Either way, it fueled my ego... even if it was only for a moment.

But it made me feel good... briefly.

My phone buzzed again, but this time it was a WhatsApp notification. A message.

From Collins.

And as hard as I tried not to, seeing a message from him made me smile. So, I tapped on the notification, and it took me straight into his DMs.

Collins
Hey. What you are you doing right now?
4:30 pm

That was what his message read. Immediately, I got comfortable and started typing back.

Me
Nothing productive. Why? You want to give me a job? If you want to, it had better be worthwhile, Odion.
4:31 pm

Collins
😂 Well, how about I make your day a little bit more productive?
4:31 pm

My interest piqued at that and immediately, I sat up.

Me
What do you have in mind?
4:32 pm

Collins
I rather show you than tell you🌚. Meet me up at our spot in twenty minutes. Wear something very comfortable.
4:32 pm.

And as soon as I received that message, he was offline.

If it was an act from someone else, I would have found it so rude and not moved from the bed. If at all I really wanted to go, I'd have taken my sweet time to get ready. But this wasn't someone else, it was Collins... someone I have grown oddly comfortable with.

Maybe too comfortable even.

And the oddest part was that I didn't mind it.

I jumped out of bed and rushed into the bathroom for a quick shower. Soon, I was inside my closet, trying to pick out something nice to wear.

Something really nice... that would impress him.

I've always been conscious of my outfit, but it seemed like I got even more conscious when I started hanging out with Collins. There was something about him that made me extremely cautious about how I looked.

He was assertive, and I noticed that spending time with him, both online and offline. He paid close attention to me and didn't mind pointing out things he noticed. As much as I hated to admit it out loud, I valued his opinion about me more than anyone else's. His simple words had the power to break me down and build me up at the same time.

It was just as exhilarating as it was terrifying.

I settled on an outfit Mama Marie got for me on my last birthday. It was a simple knitted black bodycon gown that was almost to my ankle with had little slits at the sides and long sleeves.

When I had gotten this gift, I felt I'd never get to wear it because it felt too conservative. But now that my entire "business" was practically out in the public than private, I didn't exactly find any thrill in wearing revealing outfits like I thought I would... just like Gigi Esho did.

I slipped on the gown, smoothly easing into its comfortable material, and stood before the full-length mirror.

And I smiled in satisfaction.

For the first time in weeks, I genuinely liked the way I looked. I felt really comfortable with it. The outfit complimented me, not hugging my body too tightly but accentuating my slim figure and small curves.

I completed the look with a pair of white Nikes, adding diamond-studded earrings, a matching necklace, an anklet, and a few silver fashion rings on my fingers. I combed my hair backward, slicking it into a low bun.  Then, I took one last look in the mirror.

(Semeeha's fit 🥹❤️✨)

I looked good.

I felt good.

I looked beautiful... felt it even. For the first time in forever.

I threw on a grey fluffy jacket because of the cold weather, took a small white bag with a golden chain as its strap, and slung it over my shoulder. Excitement bubbled within me as I made my way downstairs,  bouncing over every stair, low-key eager to see Collins and whatever he had planned for today.

"Where do you think you are going?"

My heart sank as soon as I heard that voice, freezing me in my steps. Goosebumps sprouted on my skin, and a cold shiver ran down my spine. I hadn't expected my mother to be around. She had traveled to Abuja to prepare for the upcoming fashion show, the one I was supposed to participate in.

The show that she said could secure my spot in the industry for life.

I didn't think she'd be back so soon because of how seriously she took it. She wanted everything to go perfectly. I didn't expect her to be here.

Slowly turning around, I came face to face with Natasha Malik. She was coming out of the kitchen, her chiffon bubu gown flowing behind her like water, and a glass of red wine clasped in her manicured fingers. Her heavily made-up face intimidated me—neatly drawn brows, bronzed cheekbones, and deep burgundy matte lipstick.

Meeting her death glare, I quickly looked away, feeling uneasy under her intense gaze.

"I want to believe you heard my question," she said, her tone eerily calm, taking a sip of her wine.

"I-I'm going out," I stammered, trying not to sound monotonous.

Mother remained silent for a moment, still sipping her wine, but her disdainful gaze spoke volumes. I felt self-conscious, adjusting my jacket as if it could protect me from the heat of her glare. However, it was like lasers piercing through the fabric, incinerating me.

"I taught you better than to have less style than that outfit, Iris," she remarked, gazing at my outfit with irritation.

"It's comfortable," I explained, subconsciously tugging on my outfit. "And it's cold." I chipped in, reminding her of how harsh the weather was this time of the year.

But her disgust didn't dissipate; if anything, it intensified.

"Well," Another voice came; Mama Marie's as she emerged from the kitchen, a sweet smile playing on her lips.

"I think you look really lovely, Semeeha," She said to me, completely countering my mother's disapproval of the outfit without batting an eyelid. Her words made me smile and eased my nerves if only a bit.

"Thank you, Mama," I whispered, and Mama Marie smiled back at me. Mother glared at her, but Mama Marie continued setting the table and giving orders to the other maids. If she could feel Mother's death glare on her, she sure as hell didn't act like it.

Mama Marie was the only one in the house who could stand up to Natasha Malik. Their dynamic was different, maybe because they had known each other for years before I was born or because Mama Marie was older. Despite being the employee, Mama Marie held her ground against my mother.

Mother turned back to me, her irritation still evident. "Do not embarrass me wherever you go. If I hear or see anything I shouldn't, you are finished. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Mother," I replied in obedience, nodding doggedly.

"Get out," she dismissed me, walking toward her room.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, meeting Mama Marie's eyes. Her smile held a tinge of sadness and pity, making me uncomfortable. I looked away from her and walked out of the house, wanting to escape that suffocating atmosphere.

Just as I walked out the gate, I spotted Collins' motorcycle breeze through the small gate that led to the street and our spot a few blocks away from my house. My mood automatically changed, a smile stretching at the corners of my lips.

He was the one that decided not to stop in front of my house whenever we had to hang out. When I asked him why, he questioned me back with this; "will your people be okay with that? and added, "the last thing I want is to get you into trouble".

I wasn't sure what he meant by that, or maybe I was and was only scared to indulge in the conversation any further because it might lead to something else. So I didn't bother asking what he meant.

As I said, Collins is assertive. He is already unto some things about me that he wasn't supposed to know and I don't want it going beyond what he has already assumed.

I was only playing safe.

I started walking up to him as he parked, watching him throw his leg over the seat to get down before removing his helmet.

His eyes immediately rested on me and his lips tugged in a lopsided grin as he watched me make my way toward him. His gaze on me suddenly made me feel shy, and I averted my gaze from him, finding everywhere else more interesting to look at. But that didn't stop me from feeling his gaze on me.

It felt so different from the way Mother's eyes felt on me. It was so much different than the way she looked at me.

It felt better. It was– is better.

"Wow,"

I heard him mutter when I got to him, and I could feel his eyes raking through my body, taking me in. I mustered all the courage I could to look at him, mustering the sassiest demeanor ever could give with my hand folded across my chest.

"What?" I asked him, eyebrows tugged up in question. His eyes raked through my body again and I could feel the heat of his gaze coursing through my veins, sparking up my blood.

He met my eyes again, his lips still tugged in a lopsided grin.

"I don't think I've ever seen you in a dress," He answered with a soft laugh in his voice, mimicking my stance.

The sassiness I had tried to put up evaporated into thin air as soon as he said that, and my smile disappeared. The way he said it, and the laugh came off as mocking. And it felt like he didn't approve of my choice of outfit just like Mother didn't.

"What do you mean by that?" I cocked my head to the side, growing defensive.

The grin on his lips didn't falter. If anything, it stretched further up his face till it transcended into a full-blown laugh. And I stood there, wondering what in the hell was so funny. I suddenly felt so conscious, wanting nothing more than to run back into the house and change.

Or better still, never come out again.

"What's so funny?" I queried, a frown contorting my face.

"You." He answered between laughter and my frown only deepened.

When his laughter subsided, he shook his head, placed his helmet on the seat of his motorcycle, and moved closer to me till he was standing right in front of me, barely inches away from me... towering over me. His eyes didn't leave mine for one minute.

I swallowed involuntarily.

"Do you always have to imagine the worst about everything?" He asked me, his voice in a whisper.

His question had me on a chokehold, and I was utterly dumbfounded because I didn't have an answer to it. I tried to look away from his scrutinizing gaze, only that he wouldn't let me.

Collins brought his hand beneath my chin and tilted my head back in place, looking at him.

Then he smiled gently... sweetly.

"You look beautiful, Semeeha. Really beautiful," Collins's voice came out in a breathless whisper, each word settling right in my heart, not just my mind. His words tugged on my heartstrings, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still.

I blinked, trying to process what he just said.

"That was what I meant." He finished with a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips, his eyes holding mine with a depth of sincerity that I couldn't ignore.

A rush of warmth spread through me, starting from my cheeks and spreading throughout my entire body. It was as if his words had ignited a fire within me, filling me with an overwhelming sense of joy and appreciation. I could feel my face glowing, and my heart pounded in my chest.

His compliment, delivered with such genuine admiration, made me feel seen in a way I hadn't felt before. It wasn't just about my appearance; it was about something deeper, something he noticed within me.

I felt a sense of validation, as if all the doubts and insecurities I had about myself had been brushed away with those simple words.

At that moment, I forgot about everything else—the fashion show, my mother's disapproval, and the pressure to succeed in the industry. All that mattered was what he said, and the way he looked at me while he said it, the sincerity in his voice.

I could see the truth in his eyes, the way they sparkled with a mix of tenderness and admiration. It felt as if he saw right through me, understanding parts of me that I hadn't fully grasped myself. It was both exhilarating and terrifying to be so vulnerable in front of him, yet I couldn't help but crave more of that feeling.

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips, and I felt myself blushing even more. My heart fluttered like a thousand butterflies taking flight inside my chest. It was a feeling I couldn't contain, a mixture of excitement, happiness, and a newfound sense of self-assurance.

His words had unlocked something within me, something I had kept guarded and hidden away. I wanted to thank him, to express how much his compliment meant to me, but the words caught in my throat.

Instead, I simply held his gaze, hoping that he could see the gratitude and joy in my eyes.

At that moment, I realized that his opinion mattered to me more than anyone else's. His simple words had the power to make me feel beautiful, not just on the outside but on the inside too.

And it felt good to feel that way for once.

"Thank you," I croaked out when I finally found my voice, a shy smile playing on my lips. His smile widened

"Don't I get a compliment back?" He asked, his brows wiggling with tease. I laughed lightly, but let my eyes take him in.

Damn. I thought as I allowed my eyes to rake through his body.

Even with the cold weather, Collins looked insanely hot. He had this effortless charm about him that always drew me in, and today was no exception. He wasn't going for the typical edgy biker look, but he managed to bring the heat in a way that left me mesmerized.

He wore a charcoal gray pullover that hugged his torso just right, showing off his well-defined muscles without being too tight. The fabric seemed to emphasize his strength and masculinity, and I couldn't help but admire how effortlessly cool he looked.

His trousers were a relaxed fit, not skinny like most bikers would wear, but they worked perfectly for him, and the black Timberland boots on his feet completed the look, adding to his rugged and adventurous aura.

Collins managed to look hot without trying too hard. It was as if he effortlessly commanded attention, making it impossible for anyone to look away. He was the epitome of cool and confident, and being around him always left me with a mix of excitement and nerves.

Which is why I'd never openly admit to him how good he looked.

If I ever do that, make I bend!

"You look okay," I said instead, punctuating with a nonchalant shrug. His teasing look transcended into a smirk.

"You lie, Semeeha," He said easily, debunking what I said. "And we both know that you lie," He added, confidence oozing in his tone. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," I scoffed. "So where do you want to take me?" I asked, excitement making its way to my chest. Collins chuckled, feeling how eager I was.

"I told you," He started as he climbed back on his motorcycle. "I'd rather show you than tell you. So, you have to hop on." He cocked his head to the side as a way to tell me to jump on.

"I still feel this thing is a death trap," I said as I made my way to the sidewalk, knowing that it would add a few extra inches to my height and help me climb on.

"You should have gotten used to it by now." He laughed. I rolled my eyes again but couldn't fight the smile making its way to my lips.

Then, he held out his hand to me.

"Come on," He whispered.

I took it, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness as he gently hoisted me up to sit behind him on the motorcycle. My heart raced as I settled down, my body pressed close to his.

Collins turned to me, his eyes meeting mine with a warmth that made my cheeks flush. He reached for the spare helmet, carefully placing it on my head and adjusting the straps to ensure a perfect fit. His touch was gentle, and his fingers lingered for a moment longer than necessary, sending shivers down my spine.

"Are you comfortable?" he asked, his voice soft.

I nodded, unable to find my voice as I held onto him, my hands finding their place around his waist. I could feel the strength of his body, and it was both comforting and exhilarating to be so close to him. My head rested against his shoulder, right at the side of his face.

"Good," he said, his breath brushing against my ear as he leaned closer. "Hold on tight."

His words sent a jolt of electricity through me, and I tightened my grip on him, his strong back pressed against my chest, feeling a rush of adrenaline as the engine roared to life beneath us.

As we rode, I could feel the vibrations of the motorcycle. The wind rushed past us, and I could feel the thrill of the ride coursing through my veins. With each twist and turn, I held on tighter, trusting him completely to lead the way.

The wind tousled my hair, even through the helmet, and the world seemed to blur around us as we sped along the road. It was an exhilarating feeling, and I couldn't help but let out a laugh of pure joy.

Why do I suddenly feel so excited?!

Collins turned his head slightly to glance back at me, a grin spreading across his face. "You like it?" he asked, his eyes filled with mischief.

I nodded, unable to wipe the smile off my face. "I love it," I replied, my heart singing with the thrill of the ride. Collins navigated the streets with skill, and I couldn't help but admire how effortlessly he handled the motorcycle.

Shebi, you called it a death trap before na. My subconscious mocked me and I laughed, pressing my face into his back.

As we rode through the city, the lights illuminating our path, I felt a sense of freedom and liberation. It was as if we were in our own little world, the noise of the city fading into the background. I couldn't stop the buzzing excitement in me, anticipating even more what Collins had in store for today.

Collins took me to a part of Lagos I have never been before, and that's saying a lot because I have used every part of Lagos for at least a photoshoot, even the trenches.

Yet, I have never been here.

We got to big gate, and as soon as we rode through the gates and zoomed into the streets, I was in awe, captivated by the ethereal scene unfolding before me. It was already evening and given the kind of weather we had at this time of the year, darkness came earlier than usual, giving the streets a more fascinating view.

The street lights lined up at the sides bathed the road in a soft, golden glow, casting intricate patterns of light and shadow on the asphalt. The warm illumination created a magical ambiance, making it feel like we were entering a realm of dreams.

But what truly stole my breath away were the pine trees that lined the sides of the street. They were adorned with colorful string lights that danced like fairy lights, creating a mesmerizing and almost otherworldly effect. The vibrant hues of blue, green, red, and purple shimmered and twinkled like tiny stars, transforming the simple pine trees into enchanting pillars of light.

As we rode past the pine trees, I felt like I was entering a wonderland. I had to pull the lid of my helmet to have a better look, my lips gapped in utter fascination.

"What is this place?" I asked, my voice coming out in barely a whisper that I wasn't sure Collins heard me.

"It's called The North Pole," He answered me, an indication that he heard me. He swerved his lid up as well, smiling at me from over his shoulder. "It only opens once a year, during the Christmas period." He added, and a grin stretched further up my lips.

Now that explains why I haven't seen this place before. I thought.

As we continued our ride, Collins suddenly veered into a different direction, and my heart skipped a beat with curiosity. As we turned a corner, an awe-inspiring sight unfolded, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Oh my God!

We had arrived at a Christmas-themed park, and it was nothing short of magical. The air was filled with the scent of pine and sweet treats, and my eyes widened in wonder as I took in the breathtaking scene.

The park was adorned with countless twinkling lights, draped over trees and bushes, creating a symphony of colors that danced in harmony with the gentle breeze. It was as if the stars had descended from the sky to light up the earth.

In every direction I looked, I saw scenes of enchantment. Elaborate decorations in the shape of snowflakes, reindeer, and ornaments adorned the park, casting a spell of wonder over everyone who wandered through.

The sight of a towering Christmas tree at the center of the park made my heart soar and tears well up in my eyes. It stood proud and majestic, adorned with glistening baubles, ribbons, and a radiant star at the very top. The tree seemed to reach for the heavens, its branches stretching out as if to embrace the entire world in its warmth.

Colorful fairy lights intertwined with the branches, creating a mesmerizing kaleidoscope of colors that reflected off the faux snow-covered ground below. It was like walking through a dreamscape, where reality and fantasy merged into one.

Children's laughter echoed through the air, filling me with a sense of innocent joy and excitement. Families strolled hand in hand, their faces lit up with smiles as they marveled at the enchanting displays. It was a scene straight out of a Hollywood holiday movie, and I felt like I had stepped into a magical world.

"Oh my God," My words came out in a breathless gasp. Collins chuckled, and found a spot to park his bike. We highlighted and I wouldn't stop gapping at the sight around me, trying to take everything in all at once, I'm making sure to imprint it all in my mind.

"You like what you see?" Collins asked, standing beside me. A light laugh escaped my lips.

"I love what I see." I corrected him, not taking my eyes off my surroundings. He laughed.

"And you haven't even seen the best part," He said, his smile not faltering. "Come on." He took my hand and I let him.

He led me toward a large building that stood at a distance, almost at the center with the Christmas tree. And as soon as we walked into the building, my breath caught in my throat for the hundredth time tonight, and my eyes went huge.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing - a breathtaking ice rink that seemed to have emerged straight out of a fairytale.

The interior was transformed into an ethereal wonderland. The air was crisp and cool, and the scent of freshly shaved ice mingled with the aroma of hot cocoa, creating a delightful atmosphere that filled my senses.

Above us, faux snowflakes gently drifted down from the ceiling, adding to the enchanting ambiance. The sight of the delicate snowflakes twirling and swirling in the air made me feel like I was in a dream, where winter's magic came alive.

The ice rink itself was a sight to behold. It shimmered under the soft glow of pretty lights, casting a mesmerizing dance of colors across the surface. It seemed like a canvas of ice, waiting for stories to be sketched upon it by those who glided gracefully over its smooth surface.

The rink was dimly illuminated, creating an intimate and magical setting that made the whole experience even more enchanting. The soft glow of the lights gave the place an otherworldly feel, as if we had stepped into a realm of pure enchantment.

The surrounding walls were adorned with intricate ice-themed decorations, glistening in the warm light. The patterns of snowflakes and icicles seemed to dance and shimmer, creating an illusion of movement that made me feel like I was surrounded by a winter's dream.

Soft music played in the background, a delicate melody that filled the air with a sense of serenity and peace.

"An Icerink?" I gapped in utmost shock, looking at Collins in disbelief. My mouth was wide open like someone about to catch a fly.

"It's Christmas," He answered, with a shrug, fighting back a smile by biting down on his lips. His eyes scanned the mildly packed room before settling it back on me.

"Plus, I like clichés." He added with a grin, not fighting his smile anymore.

A hearty chuckle left my lips, followed by a shake of my head. I allowed my eyes to feed on the beauty and etherealness of this place one more time.

Everything looked and felt magical.

And fucking expensive.

I quickly turned to Collins.

"This place would be mad expensive." I said, and he nodded.

"It is." He affirmed, casually chipping in the horrendous price tag to every ride in this place. My eyes widened like saucers.

"And we are still going in?" I questioned incredulously, but he didn't seem fazed by my shock. Instead, he chuckled.

"I didn't bring you here for sightseeing, Semeeha. Of course, we are going in," He answered.

Ehn! I stared at the dark-skinned boy like he just grew an extra head.

"Don't worry about the price. I've got it covered." He added, punctuating that statement by holding up two tickets. I didn't even know that my eyes could get any wider than it was right now.

"What the hell, Collins!" I shrieked, slapping him across the arm.

"Ouch!" He winced, pouting at me as he rubbed the spot. But that didn't stop me from finish him another one. "Hey!"

"Why would you spend such an amount on stupid ice skating!" I screamed at him, my eyes blazing. But of course, Collins found my outburst funny as he burst into laughter.

"Relax, Semeeha," He said to me between laughter. "Today is the first day of this year's opening. Everything is free... apart from food or snacks sha." He smiled.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips at that. No matter how rich I am, I can't let someone spend that much money on me just so that I could have fun.

"Thank God," I voiced. "You shouldn't be spending that much money on me just so that I can have fun," I voiced out my thoughts. Collins gave me a look.

"Why not?" He asked. "This is not the first time. Besides, I don't mind it so far you have fun." He stated matter-of-factly, his eyes steadily on me. I held his gaze for a moment before looking away, a soft smile that I couldn't help playing on my lips.

"Stop doing that." I shook my head.

"Stop doing what?" He asked, and I wasn't sure if he was feigning obliviousness or actually oblivious. Still, I decided to indulge him.

"Stop being so considerate and sweet," I answered him. He didn't say anything back, just cocked his head and continued to look at me. "There is no reason for you to be."

A small smile quirked at the corners of his lips.

"There is every reason for me to be, Semeeha," He countered me gently. "Every reason." He repeated.

I stared back at him with furrowed brows, wondering what he meant. But I couldn't think for long because he took my head and led me toward a direction.

"Let's get you in ice skates." He said.

"I don't know how to skate." I told him.

"Then, I'll teach you." He smiled.

We went somewhere inside the building that looked like a locker room, meeting several people putting in their ice skates and leaving. There was a rack full of them at a corner and we picked our choice, Collins going for a black and me, a white.

Then we settled on one of the benches to wear them.

Collins didn't waste so much time taking off his timberlands and putting on his skates, while I struggled to unlace my Nikes. He saw me and chuckled at my slowness.

"Let me help with that," He offered.

Before I could protest and tell him that I'd got it, he was already on his knees in front of me, picking up my leg and setting it on his knee.

"Collins..." I began to protest, wanting to take my leg off him, but he wouldn't let me, holding it back in place.

"It's okay," He assured me with that charming smile of his. "Let me."

And I let him.

With gentle hands, he untied the laces of my Nikes, his fingers brushing against my ankle, sending a tingle up my spine. I couldn't help but feel a rush of warmth at his touch, and my heart skipped a beat.

Where did that come from?

He slowly slipped my Nikes off, and I couldn't help but notice how he took his time as if savoring the moment. His eyes met mine for a brief second, and there was something in his gaze that made my cheeks flush. I quickly looked away, trying to hide the sudden surge of emotions swirling inside me.

What's happening to me?

"Here, lift your foot," He said softly, his voice so tender that it made my heart flutter. I obliged, raising my foot as he held my ankle delicately in his hands.

Then, he carefully slid the ice skates onto my feet.

"There you go," He said, looking up at me with a satisfied smile. "You look amazing."

I couldn't help but smile back at him, feeling a warmth spread through my chest. He stood up, still holding my hand in his, and gently pulled me up to my feet. I wobbled slightly, trying to get used to the feeling of the skates, and he steadied me with a firm grip around my waist.

"Steady now," He said, his voice soothing. "I've got you." He whispered. A breathy laugh escaped my lips as adrenaline pumped through my veins, filling me with anticipation.

"Thanks," I said to him and he smiled back in response.

He steadily led me out of the room and back to where the ice-rink was, where a bunch of people were already skating. Then he turned to me.

"Are you ready?" He asked me, excitement glistening in his eyes. It was almost as if he was more excited about this than I was, and that's saying something because I was super excited.

"I'm not sure. I might fall on my butt a couple of times," I joked and he laughed.

"Don't worry about that," He said. "I'd catch you." He added, holding my gaze intently as he did. I rolled my eyes comically, averting my gaze from his but I couldn't stop the smile from stretching further up the corners of my lips.

"Of course you would," I muttered, more to myself than to him, but the free in that graced his face told me he heard me.

"Come on." He whispered, holding both my hands in his.

With a gentle tug, he started gliding backward, guiding me along with him. His hands were warm, a complete contrast to the coldness of mine. I stumbled at first, my legs wobbling like jelly, but he kept a firm hold on my hands, keeping me steady.

"I've got you," He reassured me, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Just follow my lead."

And so, we glided onto the ice, Collins skating backward while holding my hands, pulling me along with him. The ice was smooth beneath our feet, and I couldn't help but giggle as we moved gracefully together.

This felt so fun!

"Keep your balance," He said, guiding me gently. "Just relax and let the skates do the work."

I tried my best to follow his lead, but my legs felt like jelly, and I stumbled a couple of times. Each time I fell, Collins was quick to catch me, his laughter ringing in my ears.

"You're doing great," He said, a playful grin on his face. "You just need a little more practice."

I rolled my eyes at him but couldn't help but laugh. "No whine me, abeg," I teased.

"Haba!" He exclaimed dramatically, that playful grin still playing on his lips. "Whine you kee? No naw!"

"Get out," I tried to smack him but ended up stumbling again, falling smack on my butt in the middle of the rink. He quickly rushed to my side, his laugh echoing.

"Are you okay?" He asked, trying to hide his laughter.

"Yeah, yeah," I replied, laughing at myself. "I'm fine."

"See how God used to vindicate his children. You wanted to smack me, now see you on the floor. Isn't God wonderful?" He teased me. I scowled back at him, but was still laughing.

"Help me up jhor!" I snapped at him. My outburst made him laugh even more, and I joined him.

Soon, he helped me up and we continued skating... or rather, he was skating and I was trying so hard not to embarrass myself.

After a while, I got tired and told Collins to go ahead and skate without me, while I sat back on one of the benches and watched him.

And I enjoyed every bit of watching him. Something was mesmerizing about the way he moved, so graceful and confident.

He glided effortlessly through the slippery ice. He wasn't doing anything acrobatic or flashy, but the way he skated had me in complete awe. It was like watching a dancer on ice, his movements fluid and elegant. He seemed to glide on air, leaving a trail of magic behind him.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched him, my heart swelling with admiration and fascination. It was evident that he was having fun, his eyes shining with excitement and his lips curled into a contented grin.

The other skaters on the rink even noticed him too, as a few of them stopped in their tracks just to watch him, children calling their parents' attention to him, telling them they wanted to do what he was doing.

You will break your leg o.

I cheered him on, my voice blending with the sounds of laughter and music in the air. He glanced over at me, and our eyes met. My lips widened in a big smile.

"Where did you learn to do all of that?" I called the question out to him as he skated back to me, unable to hide the awe in my voice. He shrugged back in response, a modest smile playing on his lips as he sat down beside me.

"I'm a dancer, Semeeha," He reminded me. "Ice skating is just an extension of dance. It has to do with synchronized movements, nothing too technical." He stated. I scoffers

"You are just being modest," I said to him and he only chuckled back in response. "You are multitalented, Collins. You should be boasting about the insanity of your craft and not selling yourself short.–"

"And neither should you." He interjected softly, keeping his eyes squarely on me. He didn't have to spell it out for me to know what he was talking about.

This boy. A small laugh left my lips, and I shook my head slowly.

"This isn't about me, Collins," I told him.

He had a way of doing that, making everything about me. And as much as I'd have loved the attention a while back, there was something a lot deeper about the way he chipped me in, something that always had me thinking critical thoughts.

Thoughts I wouldn't normally think about or indulge in.

Collins looked at me for a moment, smiled, and shook his head as well.

"You are right. It's not." He agreed easily. Then his expression transcended to a more teasing one. "This is more about you complimenting me for the first time ever–"

Oh my God. I laughed, facepalming.

"– So you think I'm multitalented?" He continued speaking, faux shock and awe in his tone. "I'm finally getting on your good side, ain't I?" He was grinning from ear to ear and I couldn't stop another laugh from escaping my lips.

"Get over yourself already." I shoved him, laughter in my voice. He joined me laughing and we continued laughing till I felt so lightheaded and free.

The feeling was exhilarating.

When our laughter subsided, Collins was already looking at me, still smiling like he had won a million dollars.

"What?" I asked, laughter still in my voice.

"Are you having fun?" He asked me.

"Yes," I answered in a heartbeat, and his smile widened. "Yes, I'm having so much fun, Collins," I admitted with all sincerity.

There was no point trying to act like all this was beneath me. Truth be told, I haven't had this much fun in a very long time. I don't think I can remember when last I actually had fun during the Christmas period. But this? This was it for me, and I wanted to relish the feel of it for as long as I could.

I didn't want tonight to end.

"I'm glad you are," Collins whispered, something that sounded like a mix of appreciation and pride in his tone. Then his lips stretched in a big goofy grin. "Now, how do you feel about hot, spicy suya!"

A light bulb immediately went off in my head and a shriek left my lips before I could stop it.

Today just keeps getting better and better!

Collins led me to a bamboo shack that sold Suya, Asun, and all sorts of assorted meats. And despite my repeated pleas and threats not to, he ordered five thousand naira worth of suya and two cocktail drinks for the both of us.

I would have told him I wasn't eating again, but I couldn't resist the aroma of the suya that came from everywhere. Besides, I was hungry.

When the waiter brought everything we ordered to the table on a tray, Collins unwrapped the suya that was in its signature newspaper package, opening it up to my gaze, and immediately my mouth began to water.

(Suya!😭🤤🔥)

The Suya was garnished with onions and cabbages. The pepper wasn't there yet, but it was inside a plastic bottle so that we could sprinkle the amount we wanted on the suya. It looked so delicious and I had no doubt that it tasted just as delicious as it looked.

"This smells so delicious," I said, the smiles on my lips widening every second.

"Wait until you taste it," Collins was grinning. "The Suya here will take you to heaven and bring you back, I swear." He hyped and I giggled.

"I promise, I'll pay you back."

The grin on his lips disappeared, replaced with a look.

"Semeeha, we will fight o." He chided me playfully and I laughed. "I was the one that offered to take you out. I have no issue spending the money. Besides, how much is Ten Kay?" He brushed it off with a wave of his hand.

I smiled in appreciation.

"Thank you," I told him, and I meant it. The grin appeared back on his lips.

"Let's dig in." He said, picking up the bottle of pepper and sprinkling it all over the suya.

"More," I told him when he didn't sprinkle quite enough. He looked at me incredulously, laughed a bit, and added more pepper like I wanted.

Omo, my mouth will be on fire tonight.

But that's the beauty of Suya.

We dug in, stabbing the pieces of meat with a toothpick and bringing it to our mouths. The moment the succulent piece of suya touched my tongue, a burst of flavors exploded in my mouth.

"Mmm!" I couldn't help but moan out, surprised by just how delicious it was.

Collins chuckled beside me, "I told you. Suya here is the real deal." His eyes sparkled with amusement.

"Oh, my goodness! This is amazing!" I managed to say, still savoring the rich and spicy taste.

The suya had the perfect balance of heat and smokiness, and I couldn't get enough of it. I could feel the spiciness lingering on my tongue, making it even more delectable. I fanned my mouth occasionally, trying to cool down the delightful heat.

"Here," Collins offered me my cocktail and I smiled in appreciation, taking a sip, letting the sweet and tangy flavors complement the spiciness of the suya. It was a perfect match, like a dance of flavors in my mouth.

"Oh, this is so good!" I couldn't stop saying, even though my mouth was full.

Collins laughed, watching me enjoy the suya with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Well, I'm glad you're loving it." He said, and I nodded vigorously, an indication that I was really loving it. The spiciness of the suya made it addictive, and I couldn't stop myself from taking one bite after another.

As I continued to eat, a small voice of guilt nagged at the back of my mind. I knew I wasn't supposed to be indulging like this, especially with Mother's strict dietary rules. If she saw me stuffing my face with suya and drinking cocktails, she'd be furious.

But tonight, Mother wasn't here to watch over me, and for once, I wanted to let go and enjoy myself. This moment of indulgence felt liberating, like breaking free from the chains of expectations and responsibilities that made me act like someone I wasn't.

I sipped my cocktail again, relishing the way it balanced the spiciness of the suya. The combination of flavors was heavenly, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of rebellion in savoring every bite and sip.

Collins noticed the contemplative look on my face and raised an eyebrow. "Everything alright?" he asked.

I smiled at him, feeling grateful for his company and this delightful adventure.

"Everything's perfect," I replied, taking another bite of suya. "I just... I can't remember the last time I had Suya."

I wasn't sure what made me admit that in front of him, but I did. Maybe it was the taste of the suya and the sugar from the cocktail that was getting to my head. But what I said was enough to stop Collins from eating.

He dropped his toothpick, bobbed his head to the side, and watched me.

"You haven't had Suya in a while?" He asked, and I nodded wordlessly, taking more Suya. "Why? It's not like it's scarce." He said. I didn't say anything for a moment, only taking the straw buried in my cocktail between my lips and sipping on it.

When he continued looking at me, that inquisitive and curious gaze trained on me, I knew he wasn't going to say anything else till I answered his question.

"I can't have it." Was my simple response, punctuated with a nonchalant shrug. Then I continued to eat.

"You can't have it or you are not allowed to have it?" He questioned back, his eyes still trained on me with an insinuating undertone to his voice. I stopped short to look at him, blinking back because I wasn't sure what to say to counter him.

But the fact was that there was no use countering him or being defensive because that will only point to the fact that he's unto something. Instead, I averted my gaze from his.

"What do you think?" I asked instead.

"What do I think that what?" He questioned back.

"What do you think is the answer to that question?" I clarified.

"Only you know the answer, Semeeha," He answered me, his voice gentle. Then he dabbed the sides of his mouth with a serviette, smiling. "Mine would just be mere speculations and assumptions."

"And what are your speculations and assumptions?" I asked again. I had no idea why I was indulging him. Indulging him was dangerous, it could lead to me saying things I wasn't supposed to say, lead to him finding out things he wasn't supposed to.

But I couldn't help myself because I valued his thoughts of me... and I wanted to know them into-to.

Collins chuckled lightly, his eyes still on me.

"I thought my opinions didn't matter," His eyebrows tugged up in tease. A small laugh left my lips, and I rolled my eyes.

"They don't," I refused to admit that they do matter, and a scoff-like laugh left Collins like he knew I was lying. "It doesn't mean you shouldn't say them," I added, trying to feign nonchalance.

He laughed again.

"Look, whatever my assumptions or speculations are," He began to speak, and I listened. "You have every right to indulge in a moment– no matter how brief– that makes you feel like you.–

–And if right now is that moment, indulge all you want, Semeeha. As long as you are happy, that's all that is supposed to matter." He whispered that last part, the breath of his words flowing through me and into my soul.

I am happy... right here, right now.

And just like Collins asked me to, I indulged as much as I could.

I ordered another round of Suya, which I paid for this time, and ate till I was satisfied. Not till I was bloated, because I didn't feel bloated, stuffed, or fat.

I felt completely and utterly satisfied.

It was already 9:30 pm by the time Collins rode me back to the estate, and thankfully, the gates weren't locked get.

"I thought you didn't want to get me into trouble." I teased when he didn't stop at our spot, but rode all the way to the front of the house. He laughed, helping me down.

"I have to make sure you get home safe." He answered, his grand gesture making me roll my eyes. I'm sure if I rolled my eyes one more time today, they would fall out.

We stood in comfortable silence for a moment right in front of the house, me looking at everywhere that wasn't Collins' eyes even though I was hyper-aware of his eyes on me.

As much as I didn't want to admit it, I hated that the night was coming to an end, hated that the fun was all over. I didn't want to be home, because I'd only be reminded of my inhibitions and insecurities.

But Collins doesn't need to know all that. He already knows too much.

Way too much.

"Did you have fun?" He broke the silence, his voice in hushed tones. I lifted my head and finally met his eyes, seeing the small smile still playing on his lips and my lips automatically mimicked it.

"I did," I admitted. "I had so much fun tonight, Collins. Thank you for taking me out." I said to him. His smile widened.

"You know," He began, his voice suddenly husky. "This is about the fifth time you'd be thanking me today." He noted and I laughed, the sound echoing through the quiet street.

"You've been counting, uhn." I bobbed my head to the side and peered at him. He shrugged, smiles still tugged at the corners of his lips.

"It's an amazing milestone." He chipped and I laughed again.

"It's been an amazing evening, but I have to go," I said when my laughter subsided. He nodded, a soft glimmer in his eyes. "Good night, Collins," I whispered, my heart a mixture of excitement and nervousness as I turned around to leave.

But before I could take another step, his warm hand gently closed around mine, stopping me in my tracks. I turned to look at him, and there he stood, close and alluring, his voice a husky whisper that sent involuntarily shivers running down my spine.

"How about a good night hug?" He asked.

My mind raced with conflicting thoughts. Although it seemed hard to believe, I felt rather awkward holding boys. Apart from Kizito, I didn't have much experience touching them, not to talk of holding or hugging them, and I didn't know how to act around them.

And, this was Collins. With him, it's like my entire being has automatically been wired to do everything that would impress him, yet, my heart struggled to find the right response.

He seemed to sense my hesitation and smiled sweetly, his eyes filled with tenderness and a glimmer of understanding.

"Relax," He whispered as he pulled me in, his voice like a soft caress that tugged me closer to him. I allowed myself to be drawn in, and with every step, my heart beat faster.

Barely inches away from him, I felt the warmth of his presence enveloping me. His hands wrapped around my waist, drawing me closer, till he was hugging me, and for a moment, I wasn't sure how to respond. My hands remained at my sides, unsure of where to place them.

I hope I don't do something to embarrass myself.

But Collins wasn't deterred. His touch was gentle yet firm, and he repeated the caress on my back as if trying to soothe away my uncertainty. His touch was reassuring, and with each gentle stroke, I felt myself relaxing into his embrace, my nerves giving way to a growing sense of comfort.

Then, I finally let myself go and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him close and burying my face in his chest.

His scent enveloped me, and I reveled in the feeling of being held by someone who obviously cared and had absolutely no problem showing that he did. My heart swelled with tenderness, and I admitted to myself that it felt nice to be hugged by someone.

A friend.

(A/N: Friendship kee you there 😑)

I couldn't remember the last time someone hugged me like I wanted it.

Like I needed it.

It was unlike anything I had ever known.

And I closed my eyes and basked in the feeling.

He held me tight, and I buried my face in his chest, feeling the rhythm of his heartbeat. It was like a soothing melody, calming my nerves and filling me with a sense of belonging. His touch was tender yet firm, conveying a sense of protection that I had never experienced before.

But when I felt his lips brush against the top of my head, a rush of mixed emotions surged through me. It was a gesture I had experienced before, but with him, it felt entirely different. The warmth that spread through my body was indescribable, and it made my heart flutter in a way I hadn't anticipated.

Only Kizito had ever done that to me, but with Collins, it felt like a whole new world. Collins' kiss was gentle and tender, and it ignited something deep within me. It was as if he was trying to convey all his emotions through that simple act.

It was all so new and overwhelming.

Unsure of how to process these newfound feelings, I pulled away slightly, my mind racing with confusion.

I think it's time to stop.

"I-I have to get inside," I stammered, my voice trembling with uncertainty.

What the hell is wrong with me? I don't stutter!

Collins, still holding that sweet smile on his face, nodded understandingly as he released me.

"It's okay," He said gently

There was a twinkle in his eyes that I couldn't quite decipher, adding to the whirlwind of emotions inside me. The way he looked at me made my heart race, and I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking. I looked away, trying to hide the turmoil within, and muttered my last good night.

"Good night," I muttered.

"Good night, Semeeha," He whispered back, his voice still husky. I quickly rushed in without taking as much as a glance back.

As I walked into the house, I tried my best to push the overwhelming feelings away. I told myself I was overthinking things, that it was just a hug, just a simple gesture of friendship. Collins was a friend, nothing more. But my heart knew otherwise, and the warmth of his kiss on my head kept haunting me.

"You're overthinking it, Semeeha," I whispered to myself, trying to convince my mind to believe the words. "It was just a hug, nothing more. Don't read too much into it."

I tried to focus on other things, on the fun evening we had, on the suya that still lingered on my taste buds. I distracted myself with anything I could find, hoping to drown out the thoughts that were threatening to consume me.

As soon as I got to my room, I picked out my phone and went back on Instagram, trying to distract myself.

And I was able to get the perfect distraction.

Another Lingerie picture from a shoot I did recently had already been posted and my phone started blowing up with notifications as soon as I turned on my mobile data. It was so much that it began to hang at some point.

I didn't even want to see all the comments I was getting, didn't want to see which people were hyping me and the ones that were totally against the post. I only cared about one person's comments and I was desperately looking for it.

Till I found it.

And my lips stretched in a wide grin.

Kizito never disappoints.

@_manlikekizito
@_officialsemeehamalik Fuck! How are you so hot😭🥵🔥.

(A/N This boy is not okay😑)

Just like every other time, he commented on the post, calling me sexy, and beautiful, making me forget the turmoil in my mind about Collins and making me focus directly on him again just like I've always had.

It was only a fluke. Me thinking about Collins the way I was. My mind belongs to Kizito.

Completely

But there was one thing that Collins said tonight that stood out to me.

Indulge.

There was something I've been wanting to do for a while now and I haven't had the boldness to. But this was the night of indulgence and I wanted to see what result indulging in this would get me. I might regret it tomorrow, and if Kizito lashes out, I have a way to get myself out of the mess.

But I have to try first.

Fuck, Semeeha. What do you think you are doing? That tiny voice was back, chiding me. But I shook my head to drown it all out.

Nothing is going to stop me from doing this.

Making sure my door was secured and locked, I went into the bathroom and stood in front of my mirror. I took deep breaths, telling myself I was just testing a theory and wasn't doing anything wrong. What happens after, I'll fix it. But my mind won't be at rest till I test this out.

So, I stripped myself of everything I had on, all the way till it was just my bra and panties left.

I swallowed.

"You are only testing a theory, Semeeha," I told myself. "You are doing absolutely nothing wrong." I tried to convince myself.

With that, I held my phone high up to the mirror level.

And took a shot of myself.

Just. Like. That.

𝐀/𝐍

👀

Hehehe. *claps hands together like a typical Yoruba mother*

I don't even know what to say again at this point. Wait, did Semeeha just take a picture of herself in bra and pant 👀. For what, ngwanu? Fun kini? Because I'm not understanding.

Let me give her a benefit of doubt. Maybe she wants to use it as a screensaver 🤷🏽‍♀️.

So after the fun filled and magical night Collins gave her, ending it with a sweet hug, all it took was one nonsense comment from Kizito on her post to scatter her head again 🙆🏾‍♀️. Omo, if this is not witch craft, I don't know what it is. Kizito has done efo for this girl.

But Kizito sef dey vex person 😑.

Sha, let's continue praying for Semeeha. The Bible says the prayer of the righteous availeth much... or not👀, abi am I quoting it properly like this.

It is well o.

Oh, and I'll be posting the picture Semeeha took of herself on the group chat. If you are not on the group and you not an active reader (as in, you don't vote or comment), don't bother asking me for the link to the group. I'll ignore you.

P. S. The next chapter will be BEAUTIFUL!

Till then, kisses💕

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

8K 1.4K 10
~ SEQUEL TO TOO MANY BROKEN THINGS ~ The beginning of the new school term is far from anticipated when a number of final year students are planning t...
124K 30.2K 59
(Book Two) "I've been looking for you for two years now. Luckily for me, I saw you at the beach party which a friend hosted. It also broke my heart...
319K 32.7K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
21.3K 4.4K 64
[COMPLETED] This is the story of a young lady who found herself being the only child of her parents which seems normal at first, but it comprised of...