The Avengers Weakness

Skylar_Rhodes_ द्वारा

Penny is Peter's ½ sister. They have the same mother, but different dads (their mom died in her sleep suddenl... अधिक

Story Info:
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Authors Note
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Authors Note
Chapter Fifteen and Author's Note
Chapter Sixteen
Penny Art is done!!
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-Four
Author's note
Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
A/N
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
A/N
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Fanarts:
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Author's Note
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty-One
More Fan Art!
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty

509 8 0
Skylar_Rhodes_ द्वारा

Friday afternoon Pietro ran out of the building, he dumped his stray papers, empty pens and other items he wouldn't need for the next school year into the trashcan by the door. He jumped up and down in his spot and picked up Penny, placing her on his shoulders. He spun around, laughing happily, making the others laugh at the action. Penny gripped onto his arms, which were holding onto her wrists so she wouldn't fall.

"P-Pietro put me down." she giggled.

"Why would I do that princessa? We're free! We're free!" he repeated in a sing-songy voice.

The brunette giggled, "Wanda's right you're so dramatic."

He jumped down the steps and she tightened her grip on the boy's arms, "Well, who else would give my lovely little sisters and brother the dramatics they deserve?" he asked in a sing-songy tone.

Wanda laughed and playfully smacked her brother's head, "Did you really throw out all your papers?" she asked.

The ash-blond laughed, "Yes I did little witch," he replied, "I don't need it anymore."

The younger girl rolled her eyes, "You could've saved them." she replied.

He laughed and shrugged, "Eh." he replied.

Penny tightened her grip on the boy's arm, "D-don't drop me!" she giggled.

Pietro shrugged, "Don't worry princessa, I got you. We have so many plans for the next week."

Penny laughed and nodded, "My party next Saturday, shopping on Monday after mom and Nat get off of work, Steve says you have a doctor's appointment next week too. Mom and Dad are taking us to Coney Island...I haven't been to CI in a long time...Is it still fun?"

Pietro laughed, "It's amazing princessa, you'll love it. I promise." he replied.

The brunette nodded, "Okay."

Pietro bounced a little more with each step, making the younger girl tighten her nervous grip on his arms, "You got quite the grip there princessa," he teased, "don't worry about falling." he assured.

"I just don't want more stitches..." she replied softly.

He laughed, "I know that princessa, but don't worry. I'm not going to drop you," he replied, grinning at her even though she couldn't see it, "I know that you're excited that you get your stitches removed when we get home."

The younger girl nodded, "Yeah..."

"So don't worry, you're in perfectly safe hands."

She nodded, slightly loosening her grip on the boy's arms, "Okay...I trust you."

"Good, now what's this I hear about a pool party after the big party?" he asked.

"Oh...I've never had a pool party before...Dad said I could get anything I wanted and I said I wanted a pool party...I don't have any bruises to cover any more or cuts so I can do one now. He said it was fine, but I still had to have the big party." she replied, deflating slightly at the mention of the party.

The boy laughed, "Well, I think that it's a great idea."

"Really?" she asked.

He nodded emphatically, his ash-blond locks bouncing at the action, "Yes, all the more freedom for me to throw you into the pool princessa."

Penny laughed, "Hey!" she squeaked in protest.

"Don't worry princessa, I'll be gentle."

"Maybe I'll throw you in the pool." she countered, huffing slightly.

The boy laughed, "As if princessa." he replied.

Wanda laughed, "You never know P, Penny might be stronger than she appears." she replied, winking at the brunette on her brother's shoulders.

"I have confidence that Penny can throw you in the pool P." Peter replied as he walked over to the three of them, "I have faith in you princess." he announced.

Penny giggled and nodded at her brother, "Why thank you Petey."

He nodded at her and shot her his classic impish grin, "You're very welcome." he replied.

Pietro spun around and started walking backwards towards their normal place to where Happy picked them up, "I think I'll keep you here till Grumpy arrives." he announced.

The brunette giggled, "Okay..." she softly replied.

Josh walked past the group, "You having fun up there kiddo?" he asked, noticing Penny planted on Pietro's shoulders.

The brunette nodded, "Hi Josh, Hi Caroline." she waved.

The dark-haired girl waved at her, "Hi Penny." she replied, with a soft smile.

Josh patted Pietro's arm, "See you at swim practice P." he replied.

Pietro grinned, "I'll kick your ass again this year, Reynolds." he teased.

The dark-haired boy laughed, "Yeah right. Linnie and I are going to practice our butts off this summer, Right Linnie?" he asked, looking towards his raven-haired younger sister.

The younger green-eyed teen grinned, "Definitely." she responded.

Pietro laughed and winked at the dark-haired girl, "Well Caroline..." he replied teasingly, "may I say you look as pretty as ever." he complimented.

The girl's olive toned cheeks darkened slightly and she smiled a little.

"Are you going varsity this year?" the blue-eyed boy asked.

The girl nodded and grinned at the ash-blond, "You know it."

Josh's eyes darted between the two, seemingly realizing their flirty behavior, "Watch it man." he half-teased.

Pietro laughed at his friend, but kept his gaze on the dark-haired teen.

The teenager smacked her brother's arm, "Josh!" she fussed, her cheeks darkening slightly.

He laughed at her, "We better go Lin, mom's waiting for us at the parlor. We're celebrating." he announced.

The girl nodded, "See you guys around," she replied.

The group waved the pair off; Peter turned his attention to the older boy and grinned cheekily, "Pietro..." he called teasingly.

The older teen's ears started to redden, "Shut up small fry." he shot back, knowing that Peter had probably finally realized the teen's feelings for the raven-haired teenager.

"You like Caroline!" The brunet announced, semi-loudly, he was grinning brightly at the teenager.

Pietro glared at the teen, "You're such a little shit."

Peter grinned cheekily, "I know." he shot back.

Happy pulled up a few moments later, he stepped out and opened the doors for the six teens. Pietro moved his arms under the brunette's arms and carefully set her back down on the ground. He rolled his shoulders and stretched a little before climbing into the front seat; he was grinning brightly. Penny giggled and climbed into the backseat, even though Kate tried her best to deter the brunette's attempts. Kate sighed and climbed in next to her, gently throwing her arm over the younger girl's shoulders.

"We've had quite the year haven't we little P?" she lightly whispered as Yelena, Peter, and Wanda climbed into the middle seat.

The younger girl laughed, "Yeah...we have...but it hasn't been all bad." she replied.

Kate nodded, "No it hasn't." she replied, resting her chin on top of the younger girl's head.

An hour later, Penny was back downstairs in the medbay with Tony and Peter. Bruce was the only doctor left at the time, Helen had left to go to another conference in Somalia while Stephen was back at the sanctuary. The doctor was prepping her and himself to remove her stitches. The brunette was already changed into a hospital gown, her legs were lightly swinging over the edge of the table.

Bruce placed a set of scissors and tweezers on the table next to her, while he grabbed some alcohol to sterilize the equipment, "Hi Penny," he greeted quietly.

"Hi Mister Banner," she greeted.

He gave her a soft smile, "You ready to get these stitches out hun?" he asked.

She nodded, "Yes sir." she replied, returning the smile.

"Alright then," he replied, "this is going to feel a little cold." he warned.

The younger girl nodded, "It's okay, I've done this before." she replied, shrugging silently.

The scientist nodded and gave her a sad smile, "I know..." he replied softly, "Do you want anything for the pain? We have lidocaine shots for this." he reminded, "It'll help with any pain you feel, and it numbs the area."

She shook her head, "No...I'm okay. I don't like lidocaine, it makes me feel fuzzy headed and it burns really bad. I get a rash."

"Sounds like you might be allergic..." he replied softly, "but I understand. You ever tell any other doctors how it makes you feel?"

She nodded a little and gave a little shrug, "I did...but my aunt and uncle always told them that I was making it up and that the only medicine I had a reaction to was penicillin and medicines like it."

He nodded, "I'll add it to your file, when you say burn, how bad is it?" he asked, trying to figure out how bad the possible allergy was.

She winced slightly when he started rubbing the alcohol swab against the slightly pinkened skin of her abdomen, "Worse than the feeling when it goes in, I know it's supposed to burn as it enters your system but its different..." she sucked in a slight breath at the stinging cold sensation that was spreading around the area of her stitches, "it turns red and it burns for hours, it doesn't stop after a few moments like it's supposed to. It feels like I'm on fire."

"That sounds like a minor allergic reaction." he replied, "So no anesthetic and no pain medicine?" he repeated, looking up at her through his glasses.

She nodded, "Please."

He gave a slight nod, "Okay."

She gave him a small reassuring smile, "Don't worry, I'll be still Doctor Banner, I've done it before. It doesn't hurt that bad, just a little pressure and a tugging sensation." she replied, giving a slight shrug.

He laughed lightly, "You're a very strong young lady Penny." he complimented, he bent over and picked up the surgical scissors and tweezers he needed, "I'll start pulling out the stitches now." he announced.

She nodded, "Okay." she turned her head so she wasn't able to see it in her peripheral vision.

He started snipping away at the stitches that were over the slightly reddened skin, before setting them down and gently pulled the stitches out with a set of tweezers. Penny tensed slightly, and Peter held onto her hands, his head turned away from the sight of Bruce pulling stitches out of the skin over her upper rib cage. Tony patted the fourteen year old's arm and offered her a small smile.

"You're doing great kiddo." he complimented, "I'll get you ice cream when you're done."

She nodded, "Okay."

"Mint chocolate chip and cookie dough?" he asked, as he attempted to distract her.

She grinned and nodded a little.

He smiled softly, "I'll take that as yes, you want me to go get it now or wait till Brucie's done?" he naked.

She gripped into his hand with her free hand, "Please stay." she asked, her big brown eyes boring into him.

He patted her hand, "Don't worry kiddo, I'll stay."

She flashed him an uneasy smile, "Okay...thank you."

He gently kissed her cheek, "No problem kiddo."

Ten minutes later, Bruce finished removing the stitches. He started gently pressing on the healing laceration, his fingers methodically moving along the healing skin as he checked to see if it was fully healed.

He nodded, "You appear to be fully healed on the outside. Your scans show that you are healing well on the inside," he announced, pausing slightly as he straightened his posture, "I still need you to take it easy." he smiled at her, "However, I think you can still continue with your plans for the weekend, just don't go throwing yourself off the high dive board." he teased.

She laughed, "Yes sir."

He handed her her clothes, "Well, we'll leave you for a moment so you can put your dress back on."

"Okay, thank you."

The other three left the room so the younger girl could pull her dress back on. A few minutes later, Penny slipped off of the hospital bed and pulled the curtain open, the other's turned their attention to the fourteen year old. Peter walked over to the younger girl and hoisted her onto his back, the younger girl let out a high-pitched laugh and the two adults smiled at the pair.

"You're on the mend princess," the sixteen year old announced, "Let's go get that ice cream."

Tony watched the pair leave, a loving smile on his face, "Thanks for the help Brucie," he announced, clapping the man's shoulder, "but I better catch up with those two before Peter takes her upstairs and finds no ice cream for Penny."

Bruce laughed, "Alright, just keep me in the loop." he replied.

The billionaire nodded and started walking after his two kids, "Wait up there underoos, we're going out!" he called.

The boy's eyes twinkled, "You hear that princess, we're going out!"

The fourteen year old laughed, "Yay!" she cheered, "Are you serious dad?" she asked, looking at him.

The billionaire laughed, "As serious as that piano in your room, kiddo."

The younger girl grinned, "Awesome."

He kissed her cheek, "Love you hun," he replied, before turning his attention to Peter and giving him ruffling his hair, "Love you too underoos."

Peter grinned at the man, "Love you too dad." he replied, giving the man a tight hug.

Penny nodded, "Love you."

Tony clapped his hands together, "Why don't we go get your kids some ice cream." he announced, "Celebrate you getting your stitches removed."

Penny nodded and gave him a thumbs up.

Saturday afternoon Pietro, Peter, Clint, and Steve were all sitting in the living room playing several rounds of Mario Kart. Peter stood up on the couch and jumped up and down excitedly after he'd won his fourth round in a row.

Pepper walked by and motioned for Peter to sit down, "Sit down sweetie, no standing on my couch." she reminded.

The brunet grinned, "Sorry mom," he replied, sitting back down as his ears turned red. He turned his attention to the others "Rematch?" he asked, raising an eyebrow slightly.

Pietro nodded along with Clint, "You're so on little brother." the ash-blond replied.

Steve shook his head, "I'm going to let Sam sit this on in."

Sam pumped his arm up in the air, "I'm going to kick your but kid." the man replied.

Peter flashed him a grin, "You're on metal-man." he replied, his eyes twinkling with anticipation.

The man laughed, "Taking after your old man huh kid?"

Peter flashed him a grin, "Who better?" he asked.

Tony walked in and ruffled the boy's hair, "That's my boy." he announced.

Peter shot him an impish grin, "Love you dad."

Tony patted the back of the boy's head, "Love you too underoos."

Steve pushed himself up from the couch and stretched himself out, "I'm going to check on Wadna. She's downstairs with Loki in the training rooms."

Pietro gave him a thumbs up, "Okay old man, make sure you pull her pigtails for me." he called as the man started walking towards the stairs.

Steve rolled his eyes at his son, "I'm not pulling your sister's braid son." he called back.

The ash-blond shrugged, "Worth a shot." he muttered.

Steve shook his head as he walked over to the stairs, he walked downstairs to where the redhead was practicing her powers with Loki. He saw his redheaded daughter tossing her characteristic red mists at a practice dummy near the wall. She spun around, throwing another orb at the dummy, making it fall over. He heard light clapping from the corner and looked over his shoulder to see Penny. He furrowed his brow slightly, what was she doing down here?

He walked over to the younger girl, "What are you doing down here hun?" he asked.

"Watching Wanda and Mister Loki." she replied, her eyes not leaving the pair.

He nodded, "Having some fun?" he asked, noticing how entranced she was by watching them.

She nodded, "I like to watch, I can learn." she replied, slightly mumbling the last part.

He nodded slowly and furrowed his brow, slightly confused by what she meant; Wanda turned around and grinned at her father. She disappeared quickly, followed by a red mist appearing in front of him, she was grinning brightly when the red mist faded. He stepped back and looked at her, shaking his head silently.

"Hi jellybean." he greeted, a fond smile gracing her lips.

She grinned at him, "Hi dad, whatcha doing?" she asked, using her arm to wipe away the slight sweat that was collecting on her brow.

He laughed, "Checking in on you. How's practice going?"

She grinned brightly, "It's going great."

"That's great...your brother told me to pull your pigtails." he replied, pointing to the twin braids that were draped over her shoulders.

She gave him a skeptical look, "I'll send him to Timbuktu." she replied.

"Don't ship your brother off jellybean," he sighed, knowing that the redhead had actually done it before and hadn't bothered on bringing her blue-eyed twin back for several hours, "I told him I'm not going to do it."

She nodded, "Good. Because I will do it or to Siberia, but I haven't really decided yet." she finished, shrugging slightly before reaching for the bottle of water that Loki was offering her.

He kissed her cheek, "Well, I'll let you get back to it, but I'm taking the two of you out for dinner tonight. I want to introduce you to someone."

She nodded at her adoptive father, "Okay, where are we going?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Daniel NYC." he replied.

She nodded, "I'll dress up then, you better tell P to shower. I can guarantee he didn't get one after his spar session with Pete."

He laughed, "Thanks for the heads up jellybean."

The eighteen year old laughed, "Will you ever stop calling me that?" she asked.

He shook his head and grinned, "I don't think so. You'll always be my little jellybean Wanda." he replied affectionately.

She let out an amused laugh, "I'm not a little girl anymore dad...I was never a little girl."

He kissed her cheek again, "You'll always be my little girl jellybean." the blond man replied, purposefully repeating the nickname that the redhead secretly loved even if she didn't understand why he called her by it.

She shrugged, "I guess I can live with that."

He laughed, "You have no choice." he teased.

She shrugged him off, "Are we finally meeting Sharon?" she asked, smirking lightly at him.

He blinked slowly at her, "Uh h-how'd you know um how'd you know about her?" he asked, he was slightly taken aback by her question.

The redhead grinned at her adoptive father as she walked back over to Loki, "I can read minds dad," she remind, "your thoughts have been really loud lately. You've also been really happy lately and I for one am really happy for you."

He smiled at her, "Does your brother know?"

She laughed, "And miss the opportunity of seeing the look on his face?" she asked, indicating that she hadn't told him anything.

He laughed, "You really want to take him by surprise don't you jellybean."

"As much as he drives me crazy? Definitely." she replied, grinning largely, her accent growing slightly thicker.

He waved slightly as he walked towards the elevator, "I'll let you continue with your practice." he announced.

"Thank you dad," she called, waving the blond man off, "I'll be ready by five. Don't worry about a thing! It'll go great. We'll love her!" she replied, half yelling her response, even though she knew he could hear her talking with her normal pace.

He smiled as he stepped into the elevator, "I hope so."

A few hours later, Wanda was adjusting the curls she had put into her hair in her mirror before clipping a section back with a delicately studded hair pin. She sat down on her bed and slipped on her heels, she stood up and tightened the corset of her ruffled black dress. The redhead checked her makeup one last time before putting on her earrings; she looked herself over in the mirror one last time before walking back over to her bed and sitting down, pulling out a Harry Potter book she was rereading at the moment. There was a knock on her door, pulling her attention away from the book she was reading yet again; she sat up from laying on her stomach and turned around, using her powers to open her door. She saw her twin in her doorway, he was still holding his band up from knocking on her door. The ash-blond walked in her room when she motioned for him to come in. He was dressed in a pair of black dress slacks and a white dress shirt. He had a black blazer draped over his arm and his shoes were still untied. She laughed at his slightly disheveled appearance and closed her book.

"Can I help you with something Dash?" she asked, her grin never leaving her face.

He held out his tie to her, "Can you do my tie again little witch?" he asked, a slightly embarrassed smile on his lips.

She nodded and stood up, "Always do." she replied.

"Thanks. I can't ever get it right." he replied, his lips tugging down into a frown as he thought about how he always failed getting it right.

She let out a low laugh and pulled the silky material from his hands, "It's a good thing I know how to do it then." she teased softly, pulling it through his collar.

"I guess so," he replied, tilting his head down to watch her hands, "You know what we're doing tonight with pops?" he asked.

She nodded, "Yes, lift your head up." she replied, gently pushing his chin back up with her manicured index finger.

"You going to tell me?" he asked as she started looping the silky material around itself.

She shook her head, "Nope. I want to watch you suffer." she replied with a small grin.

He groaned, "So cruel witchy." he replied.

She laughed and pulled his tie tight, "Pay back P." she replied, her green eyes twinkling.

"It's no fun when you do it." he replied, looking down slightly, watching her straighten his tie.

She shrugged and dropped the silky material, patting his chest gently so she could straighten it, "It is for me. Anything else?"

He shot her a playful smile, "You know me so well witch...you mind fixing my hair?...Those fancy little braids you like so much?" he asked, flashing her a charming smile.

She grinned at him and slightly rolled her eyes, "Definitely," she replied, "sit at my vanity, I'll get your brush."

He pulled it out from his pocket and sat down at the vanity, "Already have it." he announced.

She plucked it from her twin's hand and ran it through his messy hair, "You really should get a haircut P." she announced.

He shrugged, "Maybe later, but I like the braids," he replied.

She laughed and started brushing his slightly shaggy locks, "You just like me messing with your hair." she teased, knowing that it was one of his favorite things that she did.

She didn't realize that he knew it was one of the only ways that she preferred to show physical touch. The ash-blond had realized a long time ago that his twin was mostly fine with receiving signs of physical touch or affection, but when it came to giving it, she almost always tensed up. It had taken her a while to get used to being on the receiving end of getting hugs or the small kisses on the cheek or forehead that Steve often gave her; it gave him yet another reason to keep his hair a little longer than the average teenage boy.

The ash-blond grinned at her in the mirror, "Maybe." he replied.

She rolled her green eyes, the topaz flecks in them flickering slightly. Ten minutes later, the top half of his hair was neatly pulled back into a twisted ponytail with a few small braids in it. He stood up and looked at himself in the mirror.

He did a little spin before bowing dramatically in front of the redhead, "I feel absolutely beautiful, little witch." he dramatically announced, his blue eyes twinkling.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head at him, "Pete's right...you really should change your middle name to Drama King." she teased.

He spun around to look at the redhead, who was sitting back on her bed again, "Of course I'm not as beautiful as you Wands." he complimented.

She laughed, "Always so dramatic and charming P." she replied, "but thank you."

He grinned at her.

She looked down at his face and slightly crossed her arms, "Now tie your shoes."

He sighed and bent over to tie them, "There's no pleasing you witchy," he teased.

She playfully smacked the back of his head, "Careful." she warned.

He stood up, rubbing the back of her head, "Remind me to thank Nat for showing you NCIS ...You really seem to like Agent Gibbs." he mumbled. He slipped his blazer on and held his arm out to her, "Pops is waiting downstairs, shall I escort you down?" he announced.

She nodded and slipped her hand around his arm, "That's sweet of you P...thanks." 

He patted her hand and flashed her a charming smile, "Maybe I'll get on your good side yet witchy." he teased.

She rolled her eyes, "I doubt it Dash, but you're working on a great start."

The ash-blond grinned and nodded his head.

Two hours later, the four were walking back to their cars. Steve was leading Sharon to her car, the twins following behind them. She turned around and looked at the twins, giving Steve a quick kiss on the cheek.

"It was nice to meet the both of you." the dirty-blonde woman announced.

Wanda smiled at her, "It was nice to meet you too, Agent Carter."

Pietro gently took the woman's hand and pressed a light kiss against the back of the woman's hand, "The pleasure was mine Miss Carter." he offered.

The woman laughed and looked at Steve, "You weren't lying when you said he was charming." she announced.

Pietro grinned at his father, "You talk about me pops?"

Steve chuckled, "I have two great kids, of course I talk about the both of you." he replied, reaching out to tousled the loose ends of the teen's hair.

Wanda let out a small laugh and grabbed her brother's arm, "I'll take Pietro back to the car dad, let you two have a moment alone." she replied, winking lightly at her father.

The man chuckled again and nodded, "Alright, I'll see you two in a few minutes." he replied, tossing her the car keys.

"Come one Dash," the redhead called, tugging the ash-blond behind her.

"See ya pops!" the teen yelled, waving at the man.

Sharon let out a small laugh, "You were right, they are great kids." she replied, leaning against her car, her arms slightly crossed over her chest.

Steve smiled at her, "I'm glad you think so. I'm glad this went so well." he replied, letting out a shaky breath; the idea that the three wouldn't get along had been playing tricks on him almost all night long.

She smiled up at him, "Me too...you know I've known you for a while but I haven't seen you this happy in a while." she replied, letting one of her arms fall to her side.

He gave her a small smile, "I'm just glad my three favorite people are finally together."

She laughed, "Well, I like them and look forward to getting to know them."

"Glad to hear it."

She leaned forward and pressed a light kiss against his lips, "I better get back to Director Fury." she whispered, not wanting to leave this moment.

He frowned slightly, "Well I'll let you get back to work sweetheart." he replied, opening her car door so she could climb into the vehicle.

She slipped into her car, "Thank you for this." she replied, "It means a lot that you wanted me to meet the twins."

He smiled brightly at her, "I love you, drive safe."

She smiled at him, and linked her fingers with his that were resting on the side of the door, "Love you too, you drive safe as well." she replied, "I'll try to call you tonight."

He nodded and kissed her cheek before shutting her car door; he waited to drive away before walking over to his own car where the twins were waiting for him. Pietro looked at him and wiggled his eyes suggestively, the blond man rolled his eyes and Wanda glared at her brother, smacking him roughly against the back of her head. He hissed a little and rubbed the back of his while cutting a glare at his twin, who was grinning proudly to herself. The ash-blond slipped into the front seat, viciously rubbing the back of his head.

"Why are you so strong witchy." he grumbled to himself.

She smiled at him, "When you stop being an idiot maybe I won't be as strong." she shot back.

He turned around and looked at her, "I'm not an idiot." he replied indignantly.

Steve sat in the driver's seat, "Alright you two." he teased, he aimed to put an end to the bickering before Wanda kept to her promise from the afternoon.

Pietro huffed and crossed his arms over his chest; he slouched in the seat..

Steve looked in the rearview mirror and saw the redhead smirking at her brother and laughed, shaking his head lightly while they started driving towards the compound again. The redhead crossed her legs and pulled out a book from under the seat and started reading.

"You're going to get sick of jellybean." he warned.

She shook her head and flipped the page, "No I won't...you're thinking of Kate." she replied.

The blond nodded, "Alright then." he replied, he looked over to Pietro who was sleeping against the window, "It always amazes me at how your brother manages to fall asleep in the most random places." he announced, laughing slightly.

She looked up from her book and shook her head, "That's Dash for you....Sharon was nice. I like her." she replied quietly.

He laughed lightly, "Glad to hear that jellybean, she really likes you too."

She grinned, "That's good. She has good intentions." she replied, turning her attention back to her book.

He sighed a little, he didn't approve of the redhead relying on her powers when she met people, "Wanda sweetie, you can't use your powers on people." he replied.

She shrugged, "Wanted to make sure she was good for you...it's a force of habit. I got used to using it to see what people aimed to do. Force of habit." she replied, repeating the last phrase again.

He nodded, "I understand, but you're safe now and not everyone is going to harm you or anyone else." he paused and looked at her, "But she had good intentions?" he asked.

The redheaded teen nodded at him, a small smile on her lip, "Yeah she did. She really loves you dad." she replied.

She saw the man smile in the rearview mirror.

"I haven't seen you smile like that since you adopted me and P." she announced.

His smile grew slightly, "Best day of my life." he replied.

A small smile started playing on her lips, "Glad to hear it dad. It was the best day of my life too."

He nodded, "Well I'll let you get back to your book jelly bean." he caught the cover of the book in his rearview mirror, "Harry Potter again?" he asked.

She nodded, "Yep." she replied, flipping another page of her book.

The blond chuckled, "Haven't you read that what three times?"

"Seven." she corrected, "But I like it. I like to read things like this over and over again, I know what's coming."

He nodded, "Aspergers thing?" he asked, remembering that one of the SHIELD doctor's he'd taken the twins too had diagnosed the younger of his two teenagers with the disorder.

She nodded, "That's what they say. Same thing with t.v shows." she replied.

He clicked his tongue against his teeth, "Does it ever bother you?" he asked, wanting to know if it was difficult.

She shook her head, "It's really mild, only small things."

"That's not so bad." he replied.

She pursed her lips, "Yeah...not too bad. Pietro's isn't as bad either, he's more social, his ADHD is worse. But he controls it."

He nodded, grinning slightly, "Glad to hear it...you know your Uncle Buck used to insist that I had it. It wasn't a big thing in the forties but after we woke up and met up again, he heard about it and said it was all me."

The redhead laughed, "I'd believe it...you tend to be extremely reckless." she replied.

"I've gotten better." the man announced, quickly defending himself..

"I know...I read your reports...all of them."

He nodded, "Why'd you do that jellybean?"

She shrugged and flipped another page in her book, "Was bored."

He smirked, "Well what'd you figure out?"

She looked up at him, her light green eyes making direct contact with his pale blue ones, "That you're a great soldier and a great team leader. That you care about those who are close to you and you'll do anything to protect them. You're loyal and intelligent, have a lot of knowledge about war plans and about different art periods, and you enjoy drawing."

"All that from reading my files?" he asked.

She nodded, "Yes, I also watched your behavior...I watch everyone."

"You're a very observant jellybean." he complimented.

She shrugged and flipped another page of her book, "It's ingrained." she replied.

He gave her a small laugh, "I guess that's a good thing."

"I guess so." she replied, her tone was calm as she continued reading.

"We're almost home jellybean, I'll let you get back to your book." he replied.

The redhead nodded, "Okay." she replied.

Steve diverted his attention back to the road and silence settled in on the car other than Pietro's snoring from the passenger seat. Ten minutes later, the family of three pulled into the compound's garage. The blond soldier leaned over to his son and started tapping on the boy's shoulder.

"Alright son, time to get up." he announced.

Pietro groaned, his eyes still closed, "Five more minutes." he moaned sleepily.

"I got this," Wanda replied when the teenager started snoring again.

"Jellybean...." he called in a warning tone, he knew that on occasion the redhead had been know to teleport her twin into the pool to wake him up if she didn't smack the back of his head first.

She laughed lightly, "Don't worry dad. I'm just going to teleport him to his bed. We'll just pray he doesn't ruin his clothes." she replied,

He nodded, "Alright then...Anyways, you think you can get his tie off?" he asked, he didn't want the boy to strangle himself in his sleep because he went to bed with a tie.

"Got it." she replied, loosening his tie and pulling it off, "There we go."

The redhead flicked her hand towards the ash-blond who was still snoring with his head against the window; a red burst of light surrounded him and he suddenly disappeared. The redhead stepped out of the old car and walked over to the elevator, she was too tired to walk up all the stairs. The blond man stepped in next to her and patted her arm gently.

"You still taking his tie up to him?" he asked.

The redhead nodded, "And I'll take off his shoes, they're new and I don't want him to ruin them." she replied.

He nodded slightly, "Okay...Sleep well jellybean." he bade.

She gently kissed his cheek, "Night dad."

He kissed her cheek as he returned the favor, "Good night jelly bean."

She grinned at him, "You too." she replied.

The redhead stepped out of the elevator and walked down the hall to her twin's room that was located across from her own. She carefully opened his door and slipped into the room, trying her best not to wake him up. She placed his tie on his dresser and walked over to the boy's bed. She quietly untied his shoes and pulled them off; placing them at the foot of his bed, ignoring his messy closet. She couldn't understand how he could live in all the mess of his room. She shook her head as she walked over to where his head was and unbuttoned the top button of his dress shirt so he'd be able to breathe easier while he slept. She brushed his hair out of his face, a few shorter strands had fallen out of his pulled back hair. She reached down to the foot of the bed and tugged up his fuzzy blanket over his frame and pressed a light kiss against his temple.

"Sleep well Dash..." she whispered, "I undid the top button so you'd breathe better...I know how you get when you sleep." she replied, gently patting his cheek.

The ash-blond snored loudly in her ear and rolled over onto his stomach.

She laughed quietly and adjusted his blanket, "Love you too P. Good night."

She pulled the door shut behind her and slipped across the hall to her own room. She pulled off her heels and used her powers to teleport her clothes into the dirty clothes basket by her closet. She walked over to her bed and pulled her nightgown over her head. She sat down on the bed, pulling the blanket over her legs and grabbed a make-up wipe from off of her nightstand. She started rubbing the wipe over her face, effectively wiping off her makeup. She used her powers to teleport the dirty wipe to the trashcan by her vanity and turned her lamp off before slipping into a deep sleep.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

171K 3.9K 135
(Female reader x Wanda) Similar to Bucky you have a meatal arm, the brainwashing trauma etc. You are sent to kill the Avengers, you find out you have...
327K 7.1K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
23.3K 1.1K 48
Natasha thought that they were in the clear; free to live as they pleased. Then Shield did some digging into Peter's past that turned her world upsid...
80.8K 1.5K 38
This story starts off during Avengers Age of Ultron and continues till the end of Civil War. Y/N Rogers is the daughter of Steve and Peggy. She was b...