Just One Chance

Por dreamerlass

MS Dhoni saves a young girl's life, while on official army business. The girl has suffered a lot because of t... Más

Background of the Story
Introduction
The Unjust Society
Her Saviour
Welcome to Ranchi
Meeting her Idol
Meeting the Crazy Rabbit
Her First Success
CSK's New Cheerleader
First Milestones
Overcoming Challenges
A Special Request
Training with the Boys
A Special Player Indeed
Making Waves
First International Tour
India Debut
Lockdown Diaries
Dark Clouds and Silver Linings
Working Harder
A New Dawn
Yeh Toh Bas Shuruat Hai
Stars on the Rise
New Beginnings
A Special Farewell
Scripting HerStory
Personal Milestones
Starting Her New Life
New Roles, Same People
Going Public
Rising through the Ranks
Moving Forward
The Conquest Continues
Prank or Disaster
New Experiences
The Planned Addition
Caring for Loved Ones
Her First Real Birthday
Reckless Kids
New Obstacles (Future TS Part 1)
Fighting Back (Future TS Part 2)
Comeback (Future TS Part 3)
Overprotective Brother
Never Prank the Kid

Maiden India Call-Up

1.6K 124 56
Por dreamerlass

Hey guys 👋🏻

Thank you for choosing to read this story

Last time I had asked about changing the schedule for updating this story, but I didn't receive any response for that.

So here's another idea that I've been thinking about but if there's no response again then I'm going to continue my schedule of posting just about once a week.

I will definitely post on Sundays as usual and can also post on either a Wednesday or a Thursday, depending on my schedule.

Now to lighten up the mood here is a funny video

Honestly what I really want to know is that how has this happened to him so many times?

PS: One more incident isn't even shown in the video so here's a clip of that one

The above song is 'Fateh' from the movie 'Shabaash Mithu'

If you like this story then please vote, comment and share with your friends

~~~~~~~

Looks like the best friends are going to make their debut soon

How will the experience be for both of them?

~~~~~~~

Around the end of the year 2018, Shubman gets his maiden India call-up and Siya was most excited about the news.

Shubman was due to play his first international match around the start of the new year in New Zealand, which also happened to be the place where he had made his Under-19 World Cup debut.

Siya was delighted to see Shubman receive his ODI cap from her brother, before the start of the fourth ODI match of the series.

Shubman seemed to be upset after he got out cheaply, but Siya knew that her brother will take care of him until she could call him up once the match was over.

Mahi did his best to cheer up the young boy by even joking about how his debut match was a much bigger disaster.

(This is a real incident and Shubman even talked about it quite recently in an interview. I would have put the video here, but for some reason Wattpad doesn't allow you to put Youtube Short video links.)

After the match when the team got back to the hotel, Shubman received a call from his best friend, who talked to him about how it was alright to have a bad day because not all players start their career with a huge bang.

Siya also told her best friend that she had the utmost confidence that he would turn things around for himself and prove his worth soon.

The efforts of the Dhoni siblings turned out to be fruitful because Shubman felt much better about his debut performance and he was ready to wait for the next opportunity to showcase his talent.

~~~~~~~

A few months after the domestic season was officially complete, Siya was once again playing at a local club game with her brother watching from the side lines.

Mahi was quite surprised to see some BCCI officials at a local club game in Ranchi but assumed that they might be a part of the talent spotting division.

He hoped that the committee was able to help many more cricketers like they had helped him catch the eye of the national selectors back when he was giving his cricketing career one last shot.

What Mahi didn't know was that those officials also included the selectors of the women's team and that they were actually at the game to watch his sister play.

~~~~~~~

The selectors were quite surprised to find out that Jhulan and Mithali had both suggested to look at the same player, who also happened to be the star player of the Jharkhand team.

They were all quite impressed with Siya's batting prowess and understood exactly why BCCI has granted her special permission to train with the Under-19 boys.

The assessment of her talents by the senior players seemed to be absolutely right because the young girl didn't seem to break much sweat while hitting all around the ground and tearing apart the bowling attack of the opposition.

Siya also seemed to be extremely calm in pressure situations, an important characteristic for a player that has to play the role of a finisher in the team.

After the match was over the selectors went to talk to Siya, who was busy having some fun with her brother near the boundary ropes.

They were mildly surprised to see MS at the ground because they hadn't expected to see him there, even though they had been told by the BCCI officials about Siya being his younger sister.

One of the selectors approached them and asks, "Miss Siya, can we have a few minutes to talk to you personally?"

Siya looks slightly confused and replies, "Sure, but whatever you have to talk to me about can be said in front of my brother."

Another selector says, "That's perfectly alright with us. Allow us to introduce ourselves first. I am one of the selectors for the Indian Women's Team and these men are all my colleagues. You have caught sight of a few senior players who believe that you deserve to be a part of the national side. We even came here today to watch you play on their insistence, after scouting you with a few others from the recent domestic tournament."

MS replies, "By senior players, you mean Jhulan Goswami right? She's been asking about Siya since her debut season a few years back."

The selectors looked mildly surprised and one of then says, "Actually Mithali Raj also suggested that we look at Siya, after she spotted your sister training at the NCA. How did you know about Jhulan?"

MS replies, "Dada is mentioned it once."

Another selector says, "So coming back to the point, we have been looking for a player that can try to compliment Harman as a power hitter or perhaps play the role of a finisher. After watching Siya play, we feel that her inclusion in the team will strengthen the batting line up."

MS listened to everything very carefully and replies, "All this is fine, but I have one request. Please arrange a proper and fair selection trial for all the hopefuls, before selecting anyone of them for the team."

The selectors looked slightly confused, so MS explains, "I don't want anyone to question Siya's selection, especially her teammates. No one should accuse my sister of being selected just because of her last name. That is the reason why I've always made her use her first name behind her jersey. I know that her last name is the first thing that people would notice after her selection. I can't control the media, but the players should not be thinking the same."

The selectors agreed to the request and promise MS that they will arrange the selection trials soon for all the hopefuls for the Indian Women's Team.

~~~~~~~

Almost a month later, the girls had all assembled at the NCA ground for the selection trials, that would determine who would be selected for the Indian team.

Siya had travelled to the NCA alone because her brother wanted to avoid being spotted by anyone there.

Rahul Dravid had been asked to oversee the trials because he was the Head of Cricket at the NCA, which was a relief for Mahi because someone he trusted was there to take care of his little sister.

Some ex-players were asked to judge the candidates for a fair and unbiased trial because even the selectors were a little biased towards Siya.

Dravid was not judging the players, so he would give tips to the players sometimes in the middle to improve their game and also for avoiding injuries on the field while fielding.

Siya had not met her Jammy Bhai before the trials because her brother had ordered her to act like all the other hopefuls to avoid any accusations of favouritism.

The girls were tested for their fielding ability along with their batting ability to ensure that the player who is selected at the end will be a great asset to the team because fielding was also a very important aspect of the game.

During the selection trials, Siya outperforms all the other girls and is declared to be the best one of the bunch of hopefuls.

Her fielding attempts were appreciated by everyone, especially the excellent throws to the player standing next to the stumps, along with some direct hits.

Siya's batting style was quite unorthodox as per normal batting standards, but there was no doubt about her getting the desired results in the form of boundaries.

She was even excellent as a slip fielder, a position which demands some really quick reflexes to take successful catches.

The girls all congratulate her for performing well when one of the ex-players comes forward and says, "Congratulations Miss Siya. We have only seen your first name being mentioned even during many domestic matches. Is there any reason for this?"

Siya looks towards her Jammy Bhai first, who nods to tell that it's okay for her to say her full name now.

She then turns back to the curious ex-players and replies, "There is a reason why my full name hasn't been mentioned in the records. Only the selectors of my state team knew my name up until a few years ago."

Another ex-player asks, "If you don't mind, could you tell us your full name?"

Siya nods and replies, "My full name is Siya Singh Dhoni."

The girls all look at her shocked, so Siya continues, "I wanted to be treated like a normal player by the cricket board, so even the selectors of the Women's team didn't know my full name until about a month ago. I was just a batter from Jharkhand that wore the number seven for them."

Dravid comes forward and hugs the little Dhoni and says, "I hope this answers your question about why I wasn't judging the players in today's trial."

The ex-players smile and one of them replies, "It certainly does, but I think all the girls here know that the selections that happened here were done fair and square, so hopefully there will be no hard feelings."

The girls all nod in agreement and congratulate Siya once again for getting selected.

~~~~~~~

Soon Siya receives her maiden India call-up and is also invited to meet her teammates, before the start of the training camp for their upcoming series.

The first person that Siya meets upon her arrival is the captain, who was waiting to meet the girl she had heard so much about.

Mithali was a little surprised to see a very young player enter with the selectors, but she still moves forward to welcome their new batter.

Siya was slightly shocked to see the legendary Mithali Raj waiting for her arrival in the hotel reception.

Mithali says, "Hello Siya. Congratulations on being selected for the Indian Team."

Siya replies, "Thank you ma'am. It's an honour to be selected."

Mithali says, "Please don't call any of us ma'am. You can call us Didi or something like that."

Siya smiles and replies, "Okay Didi."

Mithali says, "Alright then let me introduce you to the rest of the team. They are waiting for us in the team room."

Siya is then led to the team room by her captain, where some players were busy in playing some video games, while others were gossiping.

Mithali says, "Okay girls, all of you come here, there is someone you all need to meet. Harman, I want that game to be switched off right now."

Everyone sits in a circle near the captain, while Smriti and Harman are pouting because they had to stop their game in the middle.

Jhulan asks, "Mithu, kisse milwana hai hume?" (Mithu, who do you wantto introduce us to?)

Mithali smiles and replies, "Our new player for this series. So everyone meet Siya and for those of you who don't know she plays for Jharkhand in the domestic circuit."

Jhulan asks, "Is she the player I had told you about?"

Mithali nods and replies, "Yes and she has been selected after a proper selection trial organised by the board. Surprisingly she is the same player that I had spotted at the NCA."

Harman comes forward and says, "Hello Siya, I'm Harmanpreet Kaur. I'm excited to watch you play because Paaji has told me quite a lot about you."

Siya asks, "All good things I hope?"

Harman chuckles and replies, "Waise Paaji kabhi kisi ki buraai toh nahi karti hai (Paaji doesn't sayanything bad about anyone), but she's spoken quite fondly about your batting skills."

Like this everyone comes forward and introduces themselves to Siya one by one.

Jhulan is the last one to come forward and when she's about to introduce herself Siya says, "Jhulan Di, you don't need to introduce yourself. My brothers told me about you and Mithali Didi, when I told them that some boys told me that girls can't play cricket. Dada even told Bhaiya that I caught your eye during my debut season."

Jhulan smiles and replies, "Well I'm glad to know that I was able to convince you to take up the sport, even if you chose the bat instead. Just out of curiosity, who is your Dada?"

Siya smiles cheekily and says, "Jhulan Di, I think that there is only Dada in cricket."

Smriti looks surprised and asks, "You and your brother know Sourav Ganguly?"

Siya replies, "He is our Dada. Bhaiya holds him in the highest regard and so do I."

Harman looks perplexed and asks, "What is your Bhaiya's name?"

Siya replies, "We call him Mahi at home."

Jhulan seems intrigued to know more about their new player and asks, "What is your full name Siya?"

Mithali adds, "Even I want to know this because only your first name is written in your official records."

Siya smiles proudly and replies, "My name is Siya Singh Dhoni. Bhaiya didn't want anyone to question my spot on the team, so he had requested the board to not mention my last name in the records."

Smriti asks, "You are MS Dhoni's younger sister?"

Siya replies, "Yes. Bhaiya is the one who trained me with some help from Dada, Sachin Paaji, Jammy Bhai and Cheeku Bhaiya."

Mithali says, "Now I understood why the selectors didn't tell me much about you, even when I asked them. Well regardless of who your family is, I'm glad to have you in my team. Your records are incredible and I hope you can continue performing the same way in the international circuit as well."

Siya replies, "I will do my best Didi."

The girls all start talking about random things to build a bond with their new player.

Smriti and Harman enjoy playing video games with Siya the most because the young girl was like an expert in all the games that they had.

~~~~~~~

A few days later after a round of shooting promotional ads for the upcoming series, the team sat down together to give their measurements for their new jerseys.

This is when the team first realised that there would be a clash in the jersey numbers because both Siya and Harman sported the same number on their respective jerseys: Number 7.

Normally in a case like this, the junior would have been told to choose a different number, but Harman had different plans.

Siya was about to change her jersey number when Harman suddenly asks, "Siya, what will be your name on the jersey?"

Siya looks confused so Harman explains, "You've always worn jerseys with your first name till now, so I want to know if you are planning to continue that practice."

Siya says, "I will wear a jersey with my last name only like everyone. I got my first name written till now so that people wouldn't find out about my family."

Harman nods her head and replies, "Well then, I will change my jersey number to 8. That is my birth date, so it makes more sense for me to wear the number 8."

Siya looks confused and says, "But Harman Di, I don't mind changing my jersey number. Why should you have to change your number?"

Harman replies, "I am changing my jersey number because I feel that the jersey with the name 'Dhoni' on the back deserves to sport the number 7, regardless of the person wearing said jersey. So I will change my jersey number to 8 and you will keep the number 7."

Siya is touched by the gesture of her senior and hugs her tightly, while Harman chuckles and caresses the young girl's hair.

The team soon joined in on the hug before being told to their captain to finish up their work soon.

Jhulan was feeling extremely proud of her little Harman who had grown up to become a wonderful captain and a great senior to all her juniors.

~~~~~~~

The team soon started preparing for their upcoming ODI Tri-Series against England and Australia, with England being the host country.

The girls were all fired up to give their best against the best teams in Women's Cricket.

Siya was extremely excited about making her India debut in the same year as her best friend and couldn't wait to play in her first international match.

~~~~~~~

How was the first meeting of Siya and her teammates?

PS: The tri-series mentioned here is completely fictional.

Let me know what you guys think ✍🏻

Please vote

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

85.7K 3.9K 71
Shubman gill: well i never knew what love was until i met you. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• You: you are the definition of love for m...
4.3K 423 11
•────────•💫💖♛💖💫•────────• It's a totally fictional story created by me on shubsara its my first try towards this type of story hope you will li...
6K 401 16
" 𝙝𝙪𝙢 𝙩𝙤𝙝 𝙛𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙝𝙤 𝙜𝙮𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙠𝙞 𝙖𝙖𝙠𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙣 𝙙𝙚𝙠𝙝𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙣𝙖 𝙟𝙖𝙖𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙤 𝙖𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙠𝙝𝙩𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙚 " ~...