Fate/Tyrants

Od King_In_The_Storm

(A reboot of Fallen Prince) The third born prince of Ravenhill feels uneasy in his own home. when he hears ru... Viac

Prologue
Chaper 1 - Sword of Selection
Chapter 3 - Journeying Knights
Chapter 4 - Orkney
Chapter 5 - To Battle
Extra Chapter #1
Chapter 6 - Two Years Later
Chapter 7 - Quarrel
Extra Chapter #2
Chapter 8 - The Black Knight
Chapter 9 - Affection
Chapter 10 - The Star
Chapter 11 - The Strong
Chapter 12 - Immortal
Chapter 13 - The Sixth Victory
Extra Chapter #3

Chapter 2 - Prince and King

415 9 4
Od King_In_The_Storm

"You fool."

Merlin was chastising Sir Kay. He had caused some trouble with a young man. It ended in a duel that Kay lost. That young man turned out to be a prince from a small kingdom in Gaul. Arthur, or Artoria, had just pulled Caliburn from the stone, and Kay had offended a foreign prince. This was not something they could deal with right now if the prince held a grudge.

"What made you think you could talk to a stranger like that!" Merlin worried, "You are supposed to be a knight."

She sighed. It wasn't like her to get emotional, but the worry she felt was for the sake of Artoria, now Arthur, who would become king.

"I didn't know he was some prince from Gaul. How could I have?" He defended himself, "They just seemed like foreigners meddling in our business."

"And what of it?" It was Arthur who spoke this time, "What right did you have to pester them? They were causing no trouble and even kept to themselves."

For the first time, Kay seemed to have lost an argument. He looked down, almost upset. Almost.

"We should speak to them before they leave." Arthur said, "Apologize for the trouble."

There was a glint in her eye. She wanted to meet them. It was an obvious thing to see, at least to Merlin. Artoria wanted to recruit them. What a king she had raised up.

-------

Terran, Halsted, and Valentine had begun to pack up their things the following morning. They felt it best to leave as soon as possible after the trouble from the previous day.

"It's so early." Valentine complained, "The sun is hardly even up."

"It was you who suggested leaving early." Halsted chastised him, "If you didn't want to get up, then you should've kept your mouth shut."

"Don't speak badly to me, Perugias." Val said, "I'm your elder, you know."

"I don't particularly care about a one year difference." The dragon responded with a rare smirk on his face, "It only means I'll outlive you."

Valentine made an incredulous face, seemingly offended about his friend's playful words.

The two continued bickering in this way while Terran looked over a map. He wanted to explore the whole island, but he knew about the possibility of conflict now that someone existed who could challenge the monstrous Vortigern. It would probably be best if they left. But there were places he wanted to see, such as Orkney and Londinium.

The young prince huffed in annoyance. He had traveled to Britain originally because of the rumors of the sword in the stone. Now that he has witnessed it being pulled, he couldn't see the rest of the British isles. He didn't want to immediately go back home, but he wasn't sure where to go.

He didn't have much time in his own head before their camp was approached.

"You here for another duel?" Valentine mocked, "You even brought back up this time. A child and a succubus. What band of warriors you seem to be."

"Valentine." Terran said, his voice holding a warning tone, "There's no need to use such ugly words."

Valentine became quiet at his princes' words. The serious tone, as well as the more polite words he used, told him that Terran planned to take care of this personally.

The prince rolled up his map and put it into his traveling bag. He turned to face the three people who approached them.

"I do hope you aren't here to cause more trouble." He said, "I thought a duel would have been sufficient."

"I would like to apologize on my companions' behalf." The small blond boy said, "My name is Arthur Pendragon."

"Pendragon." Terran thought aloud, "Like the late King Uther."

"Exactly."

It was the white-haired woman woman who spoke this time. Her pink eyes seemed to show some level of a mischievous nature. She was the woman Valentine was adamant about being a succubus. She was certainly beautiful.

"It was you who pulled the sword." Terran motioned towards the sword of selection that now rested in a sheath on Arthur's hip.

"Right again." The succubus cheered.

"Oi, why don't you let your new king speak up." Valentine's more natural happy nature was replaced by mistrust. A frown graced his lips, and his visible eye was narrowed in suspicion.

Terran kept quiet. He observed them. The seemingly arrogant Kay was also quiet, seemingly trying to blend into the background. The succubus looked to the young king, who in turn spoke to the young prince.

"I'll apologize for Merlin as well." Arthur said before turning towards Valentine, "She has good intentions, I assure you."

Of course Terran had heard the name Merlin before. She was a famous magician who had also been associated with Uther Pendragon.

"It's hard to believe that," Val said, "She reeks of magic and flowers and trickery."

Valentine's smiling eye glared at his fellow mage. His distrust is clear. For a moment, Terran considers his friends words. It was clear that she was inhuman. Her bright pink eyes and pointed ears were proof of that. But Valentine himself was only half human, so that couldn't be his friends reasoning. He usually trusted Val's judgment, but this woman seemed okay.

On top of Terrans' own opinion, Halsted had remained stoic and quiet. If the dragon had felt anything was off, he would have already taken action.

"And what's wrong with flowers?" Merlin asked playfully, "Most people find them quite pleasant."

"That's what you took from that?" Valentine was clearly annoyed. It wasn't often that he was seen being dead serious.

"That's enough." Terran tells his friend.

Terran sighed and turned back to Arthur.

"It seems it's my turn to apologize."

"No." Arthur said, "Though rude, your friend had a point. I should be the one speaking."

He looked pointedly at Merlin, who still wore a natural smile but took a step back.

"In fact, why don't we speak one on one." Arthur suggested, "We may accomplish more that way."

Terran took a moment to think. A one on one conversation with heir of Uther Pendragon. At the very least, it would make for an interesting story.

"Very well." He decided, "Lead the way."

-------

They traveled a short distance away so that their companions couldn't hear or interrupt them. They stood on a hill, where the wind blew gently.

"I'm no fool." Terran claimed, "You wouldn't approach us if you just wanted to apologize. Especially after it was settled with a duel."

He had known that much from the start. This small king wanted something more.

"You're correct." Arthur said, "I have proved myself the heir, but I possess little to no support. It will be a difficult journey for me, even with Merlin's aid."

The young blond held a look of determination. The look of a man with ambition, although Terran thought he seemed too beautiful to be a man.

"What I need is supporters." Arthur stated, "And knights."

Terran understood what he wanted perfectly. He wanted Terran to join him. But perhaps he wanted more than that.

"What you want is a follower who has a big name." Terran guessed, "It isn't me you want, but my name."

"That's only a bonus." He claimed, "Sir Kay isn't the most talented fighter, but he is better than average. When I heard how easily you defeated him, I became interested in making you one of my knights."

Terran almost took this to heart but didn't fully trust Arthur's words.

"You should understand, I'm a third son who left home for my own reasons. Even if I accept a position as one of your knights, you won't receive any support from Ravenhill," He said, "Nor will I ask for that support. Your conquest and my homeland have nothing to do with each other."

Arthur seemed to take in his words, an understanding look in his eye made Terran feel a little relieved.

"That's perfectly acceptable." He said, "I wouldn't wish to put your home and people in danger. Perhaps as a prince, it is your duty to keep them out of harms way. I, too, want to protect my people."

What determination, Terran thought.

For a moment, the prince admired Arthur. Even though the blond seemed younger and was smaller than him, Arthur stood out from other people. Terran had spent the whole of his life around lords and ladies. He had observed them at parties, dances, and tourneys. Some of them could even be called impressive. Charisma, strength, talent, and ambition. He had seen many nobles with these qualities.

But none of them seemed to come close to Arthur Pendragon.

"It is my intention to unite all of Britain. I swear that I will overthrow Vortigern and become a king worthy of this country." The king said, "I will make it as close to a paradise as I can."

Terrans' golden eyes widened. A paradise? Such a place could only exist in legend and myth. But Arthur's emerald eyes told him that everything he said, he meant.

"That's... quite ambitious." He thought aloud, "I didn't expect that. And you swear? Why would you swear such a thing to a foreigner who has no stake in your country."

"Because you have a noble soul." Arthur had been observing him as much as he had been observing Arthur, "I can tell that you have the makings of a great knight. As a foreigner, your influence will be directly influenced by your own prowess and deeds. I believe Britain will need men like you."

A great knight? He could swing a sword, but did that give him the makings of a knight?

Britain had turned out to be far more interesting than he initially thought. This Arthur seemed to be pulled directly out of a storybook. His dream for Britain and its people seemed farfetched, but perhaps it would be this man to make fantasy into reality.

Terran let out a long breath and closed his eyes in thought. Was this what he had been looking for? Was this the adventure he desperately sought? Did he have any right to be a knight of Britain?

My own prowess will determine my position, he thought, How far will this king make it?

Perhaps it would be best to go with him after all. At the very least, this young boy seemed the better option compared to what he had heard of Vortigern. And if he said yes, he could ensure that Arthur's dream comes true. The people of these British isles would likely be happier for it. All people deserve a good leader, he decided.

He opened his eyes and gave his answer.

"Very well, I will act as your knight." He said, "At least until Britain is united and you are its king."

_______

First I got a wife, now I got a lover? I got Percival as well, so I'm kinda happy even though I hardly have any saint quartz left.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

34.8K 1.3K 21
Thirteen-year old Squires Lancelot and Gwaine dropped Merlin off at a safe place. They began their journey back to their kingdom but were attacked by...
206 0 11
Uther Pendragon is once again ruler of Camelot. But when Merlin's magic is revealed Gwaine and Lancelot both take the blame to protect their freinds ...
19.4K 806 13
Lancelot should enjoy finally being a knight of Camelot but his previous experience means he's having a tough time settling down. Lancelot wasn't exp...
6.9K 322 22
After being revived by his foster father, Diarmuid learns of his treasonous acts and decides to leave Hibernia for sure. Still longing to be a knight...