【miss the mark】| Crosshair x...

由 defiantminstrel103

𝚌𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. Rylann Tetra, Shaak Ti's padawan, is stationed on Kamino to her disl... 更多

Intro
【miss the mark】
【Rylann】
【Crosshair】
01 | Temple Matters
02 | Into Kamino
03 | Guessing Games
04 | Hitting Walls
05 | Scheming
06 | Stunned
07 | Mindset
08 | Mindgames
09 | Carry the Weight
10 | The Medic
11 | Kitchen Plans
12 | The Collaboration of the Century
13 | The Master's Return
14 | Project Conduit
16 | Planning and Schemes
17 | Surprises
18 | The Gift
19 | Omega
20 | Old Tally
21 | Hawk, Nova, Phoenix
22 | Premonition
23 | Doctor's Orders
24 | Teachers and Students
25 | Fight or Flight
26 | Flying Lessons
27 | Reannor City
28 | Gerasko
29 | Flighted Minds
30 | The Mission
31 | To Mandalore
32 | The Capital
33 | Technical Difficulties
34 | Wynn Avunn
35 | The Shot
36 | For What It's Worth
37 | Pros and Cons of Being Arrested
38 | Decisions
39 | The Fight
40 | Goodbyes
41 | Greetings
42 | The 501st
43 | Duty Calls
44 | New Students
45 | Distractions
46 | Mentors
47 | Lessons of Forms
48 | Inquiries
49 | Echoes of the Past
50 | Sil's Plan
51 | Unfinished Business
52 | Freeing
53 | Answers, But Not Really
54 | No Need To Ask
55 | Recollections of Old
56 | Answers, But Definitely More Confusing
57 | Worst-Case Scenario
58 | Encouragement
59 | The Reality of Losses
Author's Note
60 | Looking for Masters
61 | Only For You
62 | Rylann's First 79s Experience
63 | Get A Kriffing Coaster
64 | Oh, How The Tides Had Turned
65 | Then Do Something About It
66 | Trials
8 months later...
67 | Undercover Investigating
68 | How To Almost Die Three Times, A Crash Course With Rylann
69 | The Ultimate Payback
70 | Talks of Proposals
71 | Flying, Smelly Boots
72 | Tears or Rain. Maybe Both.

15 | Confrontation

756 32 44
由 defiantminstrel103

22 BBY, Month 6

Rylann

Rylann luckily avoided her master at lunch but only because Shaak Ti was absent. She must be resting in her room, Rylann thought, chewing her noodles absentmindedly. 

"Credit for your thoughts?" Crosshair said, looking at her quizzically.

She looked down at her food, stirring it for no reason. "I felt Shaak Ti's presence enter the city." Crosshair looked guilty for a second before straightening his face. Rylann's jaw dropped. "So you did see her!"

He furrowed his brows, jaw clenching. "I was asked not to tell."

"For someone who puts a wall around their feelings you really wear it well," Rylann teased before sighing and setting down her fork. She ran her hands through her hair. "I guess it was inevitable anyway. She saw us training?"

Crosshair just nodded.

"What'll she do?" Wrecker asked, slurping a noodle up as it slapped against his face.

"Probably just talk me out of it and verbally reprimand me," Rylann answered with a shrug, pushing her food back. "Well, as I am no longer hungry, I must face my master." She got up and started to take her plate to the bins.

"Good luck," Crosshair called after her.

Rylann shot him a smirk as she looked back over her shoulder. "I don't believe in luck."

【 ⌖ 】

Rylann could feel Shaak Ti before she knocked on the door. Shaak Ti must have been in one of her contemplative moods because there were a lot of unfiltered feelings rolling through the door and into the hallway.

Ry knocked three times, stepping back to allow for space in case Shaak Ti came to the door. Instead she heard a muffled, "come in," which Rylann obeyed immediately. Upon entering the room, Rylann noticed the unpacked bags thrown on the couch and her master sprawled across the loveseat.

Shaak Ti peeked her eyes open, letting out a sigh as she sat up straight, fighting off a yawn. "So, you already know."

"You know, too," Rylann said, defenses rising within her. "Here comes the part where you tell me that I need to remove myself from the Batch and focus on training the 'Jedi Way,' right?"

"On the contrary," Shaak Ti stated, rising to her feet as she tiredly shuffled over to the kitchen, the tea kettle whistling from the stove. "Tea?"

Rylann paused before nodding. "Yes, please."

All was quiet as Shaak Ti poured her freshly brewed tea into the mugs, handing one to Rylann who still stood by the door. "Would you like to sit?"

Rylann just shrugged. Better than standing. Shaak Ti sat at the loveseat across from Rylann who sat on the couch. There were a few moments of silence before Rylann couldn't take it anymore. "So, the training. Thoughts?"

"Protocol and tradition call you training with them unorthodox," Shaak Ti admitted, blowing the tea to cool it off, not meeting Ry's eye. Rylann gritted her teeth. She knew this would happen. But before she could speak, Shaak Ti inhaled to say more: "But I see progress in your abilities as well as fighting against real firepower—in a way."

Rylann could only nod. She was at a loss for words. She hadn't expected to see her master admit that someone against the normal tradition worked.

Shaak Ti pursed her lips, eyes flicking up to Rylann's, searching hers. "You seem to work well with them," she paused as if thinking over her words. "What do you know about them? The Batch as you call them."

Rylann stalled. She didn't know exactly what answer Shaak Ti was looking for, so Rylann decided to cover all bases. "I know they are defective clones with different abilities and that they just got their own special unit once they graduate."

Shaak Ti picked up a tablet off of the cushion beside her. "Read this," she said, tossing it over. Using the force, Rylann slowed it down, catching it to read.

Clone Force 99's 4th Examination Results

Physical Test

All passed with average of 98.89%

Intelligence Test

All passed with average of 83.99%

Strategy Test

All passed with average of 85.64%

Ingenuity Test

All passed with average of 92.3%

Discipline Test

All failed with average of 42.6%

Rylann looked up, Crosshair's face coming to mind. Did "discipline" mean the practical torture he went through? "What is the Discipline Test?" she asked, praying it wasn't what it sounded like.

"It is to see how well they listen to authorities and directions given," Shaak Ti said. Rylann's eyes shot up to meet her master's.

"Not even the Jedi?" Rylann asked, brows furrowing. Shaak Ti shook her head. "I know they don't like regs, but they like me, so I don't understand."

"That's just it, Rylann," Shaak Ti let out a tired laugh. "I don't understand either and it's making me think up ideas that are—well, outside the box."

Rylann's fingers wrapped around her mug, hugging the warmth that seeped from the tea within. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I think I want you to lead them," Shaak Ti stated before chuckling. "I know I had to get used to the idea of you being a General, but I honestly couldn't imagine you with any other squadron."

Rylann was shocked. This was definitely not how she saw this meeting going. She just sipped her spiced tea in thought. "I would like that," Rylann started, before frowning as steam swirled across her vision. "If I graduate."

Shaak Ti shot her a look. "You will graduate," she stated with finality. "You've grown so much in just a week—I'm sure you will be the level of a Jedi master in the four remaining months."

"Four months," Rylann breathed out as she shook her head. "It's too soon but not coming fast enough."

Shaak Ti chuckled. "I also will talk to the Council about sending you on test missions to get you used to working together."

Excitement surged within Rylann like the waves outside. She could work side-by-side with her friends. "That would be nice."

"It wouldn't be easy," Shaak Ti warned. "I want you to be taught their ways and you can teach them yours."

"What can a Jedi teach a clone?" Rylann asked not understanding. "What am I gonna do? Teach them to use a lightsaber?"

A whisper of a smile emerged on Shaak Ti's lips. "It's up to you, but be creative. I want you to be the best clone force in the galaxy."

Rylann let out a guttural laugh. "Getting unorthodox?"

"Whatever it takes to beat Obi-Wan," was all Shaak Ti said.

Before Rylann could question that statement, Shaak Ti was off the love seat and heading to her room. 

...................................................

A/N:

This is a bit shorter than usual, but it finished a thought and that's all that matters!

Fun fact: I don't think Rylann would drink Caf. She's more of a spiced latte person (like Chai Tea latte). 

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

5.4K 146 28
*I do not own any Star Wars characters or the Star Wars storyline, I own my stories and I used a collage app for the cover* The book we've all been w...
7.4K 318 23
After hearing word that her best friend is still alive, the powerful force user Sarah joins the Clone army once more. But as the war's end approaches...
188K 7.2K 81
• A Galaxy Divided by War• ~ The Bad Batch. Hunter. Tech. Crosshair. Wrecker. Echo. A group of elite defective clones, fighting their own way through...
184K 6.2K 122
I'm obsessed with TBB (Dad Batch). This show means everything to me and I'm so sad it's over. I entered high school with the batch and I ended high...