* ˚ ✦ sidelines then skatepar...

Par dinglethepringle

"people have fears... maybe yours is snowboarding." that was 6 years ago. "you know how to skate! i wanna s... Plus

disclaimers
snowfall on a hot night
awesome for the first time
undesired hero
adam, the madator of love
passionate dancing night !
steamy mystery skating ?!
the road that led me here
we don't balance out
the fated tournament
we were special back then
dab not needing words
king vs. nobody
our infinity

comort can replace medicine

70 6 0
Par dinglethepringle

Ayaka sat across from Nori at the library table, textbooks and notes spread out between them. Nori frowned in frustration as she attempted to solve a math problem.

"I just don't get it," Nori muttered, tapping her pen on the paper. "I've been stuck on this question for hours. My dads gonna kill me if I fail my next test."

Ayaka leaned in closer to take a look at the problem. "Let's see," he said, scanning the page. "Why are you struggling?"

Nori pointed to a part of the equation. "I don't understand how to simplify this fraction."

Ayaka nodded. "F-First you need to find a common denominator for the two fractions in the numerator..."

As Ayaka spoke, Nori's eyes widened in comprehension. "Oh! I see it now!" she exclaimed. "Thank you so much, Ayaka!" She started writing down the first parts of the equation, then did the rest, ultimately solving it.

"No problem." Ayaka sighed out. He felt a pound from behind his eyes, and held back a groan. "Let's—move on to the n-next question."

As they continued to work, Nori asked Ayaka about his own studying techniques. "How do you manage to remember everything so well, Ayaka? You always seem to know the answers."

"I just—I don't know, I just do. I don't think it's—very difficult." he said. "But you can organize everything—then break down the information into smaller, manageable parts."

Nori nodded, jotting down notes as Ayaka spoke. "I'll have to try that," she said.

As the hours passed, the two worked steadily through their homework, with Ayaka patiently explaining concepts and Nori eagerly soaking up the knowledge. By the time they were finished, Nori felt much more confident in her abilities and thanked Ayaka profusely for his help.

"I couldn't have done it without you," Nori said, beaming. "I'm really glad we're friends."

Ayaka stood up. "Glad I could—help. Let me know if you need anything else."

Nori nodded, gathering up her books. "I definitely will. Thanks again, Ayaka." she said and left the library.

Once she was out of the sight Ayaka groaned, slumping forward in his seat resting his head on his arms on the table. Don't get him wrong, he had no problem tutoring Nori, very sweet girl, but it was just his headaches. Every stump Nori seemed to come across made Ayaka's head pound more, knowing he would have to explain it all over again.

As he was sitting there, trying to ignore the throbbing pain that spread throughout his head, his phone started to ring. He fumbled through his bag to find it, hoping it wasn't an urgent call. When he finally found it, he saw that it was his mom calling.

Ayaka sighed as he answered the phone. "Hi," he said, trying to keep his voice even.

"Hi, angel," his mom replied. "How was it?" she asked, referring to the tutoring session.

"Mm, 's fine." Ayaka sighed out.

"Oh, what was that for?" Nanako asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Do you have another headache?"

Ayaka shook his head, even though his mom couldn't see him. "—N-No," he lied. "Just—tired."

"I don't know whether or not I should believe you." Nanako said with a sympathetic frown. "Maybe you should come come home and rest," she suggested. "I can come pick you up if you want."

Ayaka hesitated. He didn't want to leave school early and miss any important classes or assignments, or leave Reki and Langa without saying anything. But the pain in his head was becoming unbearable.

"I-I don't know," he said. "I'll tough it out."

Nanako didn't sound convinced. "So you do have a headache. Ayaka, you don't have to push yourself so hard. Why don't you come home and take a nap? I'll pick up some new medicine and something to eat."

Ayaka thought about it for a moment. "Okay," he finally agreed.

"I'll be there in about half an hour. Just wait for me outside."

Ayaka hung up the phone and let his hand go limp.

————

Langa was in the habit of checking his phone during the breaks between his classes. As soon as the professor dismissed the class, he would reach into his pocket and pull out his smartphone, scrolling through any notifications and messages.

Good thing he did, because he saw a text from his mom not to long ago.

Had to pick up your brother early today, he had a headache :(
Can you also see if your guys' little friend can come over? Ayaka was asking for him. Reki?

Langa's face remained unfazed, but he did get a little saddened when he found out Ayaka had been picked up early for a headache. He shut off his phone and turned to Reki, who was sketching something down.

"Hey, Reki,"

Reki hummed without looking up from his drawing.

"You free today? Ayaka wants you to come over."

Reki looked up from his notebook at that, slightly surprised. "R-Really? Um," he coughed into his fist. "I mean, sure," he said, more 'cooly'. "Why? Everything alright?"

"I don't think he explained much. He has a headache—he just asked for you."

Reki's cheeks flushed red and he turned away, an embarrassed look on his face. "Okay, cool, cool." he said. "Did he—want me to bring anything? Food or something?"

Langa shrugged. "I don't know."

"Okay," Reki whispered. "Okay."

————

"I'm home," Langa said, opening the door and walking in, Reki trailing in behind him.

Did mom go back to work? Langa wondered to himself as he looked around. He turned around toward Reki, who seemed awkward and out of place. Disclaimer, he had never been to the Hasegawa household before.

Langa's phone dinged.

And I went back to work! See you when I get home!

He put his phone away. "Let's go see Ayaka. He's probably in his room."

Reki nodded and put up a thumbs up.

Langa made his way down the hallway, leading Reki towards Ayaka's room. It was a cozy space with a large window that looked out onto the street below. The curtains were drawn and the lights were off.

"Ayaka, I'm home. Reki's here." Langa said.

The hand that was covering Ayaka's face lifted up, Reki and Langa being able to see the obvious discomfort that was crossing his features. "'Kay." Ayaka weakly got out. He was dressed out of his school uniform, in a baggy t-shirt and probably sweatpants.

T-shirt.

Ayaka was used to getting headaches from time to time, but when he got them, he really got them. They were intense, throbbing pains that seemed to radiate through his entire head and make it difficult to focus on anything else.

It wasn't just the pain, either. He would often experience other symptoms along with his headaches, like nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and dizziness.

Reki was still, feeling more awkward about being in Ayaka's room.

Langa stepped forward going over to him. "Did you eat anything today?"

Ayaka grit his teeth.

"No."

He had also just vomited as soon as he got home, so his stomach was not welcoming any food at the moment.

Reki walked over, lightly placing his hand on Ayaka's shoulder. "How you feel?"

Ayaka let out a deep breath. "Bad." he groaned out, turning away from him and closing his eyes. "The worse."

Reki couldn't help the smile that made its way on his features. "I've been there,"

Langa watched the two, then started to slowly walk out of the room, shutting the door behind him. He kept his hand on the door for a moment, before taking his hand back and going to his own room.

Reki took his hand away from Ayaka's shoulder and pulled out a seat from the latter's desk, sitting on it. "Is there—anything I could do to help?"

"Be here."

Reki's heart pounded and his cheeks flushed. He nodded. "I can do that." he mumbled, eyes subconsciously drifting down to Ayaka's arms.

He had thought he had seen them before, but now it just confirmed it.

Reki felt a pang of sadness in his chest.

For a moment, he didn't know what to do. He felt a wave of emotions washing over him, and he wasn't sure how to express what he was feeling. He wanted to help Ayaka, to make things better for him, but he didn't know where to start.

As he sat there, lost in thought, Ayaka stirred beside him. He opened his eyes and looked up at Reki, his gaze that held his discomfort, also held a soft and gentle look. For a moment, they just looked at each other.

"They're old, Reki." Ayaka whispered. "It's better. Promise."

Ayaka reached out and took Reki's hand. He gave it a gentle squeeze, as if to say, 'I'm better'. Reki felt a lump form in his throat, and he squeezed Ayaka's hand back.

Reki had already done so much for Ayaka, without even realizing it.

————

"How's Ayaka doing?" Nanako asked a bit after she got home, being greeted by Langa.

"He's with Reki, he was just in bed."

Nanako hummed, going around the kitchen and openings various drawers and then the fridge. "Can you see how he's doing, please? I wanted to check in on him, but I'll do it in a bit, I just have to get everything for dinner ready. Ask him if he'll be hungry soon."

Langa started to walk away, when Nanako stoped him again.

"And say Reki can stay for dinner if he wants!"

"Okay." Langa called out over his shoulder.

He knocked on the door.

No answer.

Then again.

No answer again.

Langa hummed quietly to himself as he opened the door to Ayaka's room.

He was—surprised, he supposes, to find Ayaka, asleep, with his head resting on Reki's chest. Reki was fast asleep, one of his arms wrapped around Ayaka's taller frame with his other hand being placed gently on the back of his head, cradling it, as softly as he could've without hurting Ayaka even more.

For a moment, Langa stood there, unsure of what to do. He didn't want to wake them up, but he also didn't want them to sleep on empty stomaches. He slowly walked over to the bed and stood there for a moment, watching as the two boys breathed softly in unison.

Langa had to note that was probably the most content he had ever seen Ayaka sleep, so he decided to leave them be. He sauntered out of the room, quietly closing the door behind him. He felt a sense of peace settle over him. He knew that Ayaka was in good hands with Reki, and he felt grateful to have such a caring-...

What was Reki really to Ayaka?

He was just a friend—or was he? Did friends hold each other like that?

Nanako turned off the sink from washing her hands, and turned to Langa. She swatted her hands into the sink to get access water off. "What'd they say?"

"Uh..." Langa glanced at the ground, before looking back up.

"They're not hungry."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

31.1K 1.1K 7
❝I thought you hated me?❞ ❝I never did❞ 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 (𝗮𝗱𝗷.) 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗯𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁, 𝗿𝗲𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 ━━━━━━━...
281K 12.6K 27
- she's a mystery he wants to uncover - - - word count: 30k+ highest rankings: - #1 in reki - #1 in joe - #1 in skating - #16 in cherry - #3 in...
14K 682 13
Langa has known since he first met Reki that he wanted to always be by his side, no matter what that meant. Unfortunately, with deep attachment comes...
72.8K 2.5K 16
'I wish I could live another life. Maybe one where I have some friends.' For as long as you could remember, you had been alone and unable to make an...