their lost girl

De EmmaJJxx

14 years ago two year old Violet King was kidnapped from her family sending them spiralling as they search th... Mai multe

Characters
lost
Family?
the almost escape
pity
blame
warmth
scars
no where to hide
insanity
blood
secrets
bruises
grateful
truth
Guilt
horrors of the past
alleyway
"it was my fault"
bittersweet
sunny days & cloudy nights
all too well
school
charity case
some friends
"my babygirl"
the calm before the storm
wounds
are we out of the woods?
my love
gunshot
"my little flower"
hope
uncertainty
I promise...
birthday
the text
evermore
the moon
beautiful lies
do you get Déjà vu?
run fast for your mother
ghost of you
hide and seek
shadows
monsters
missing piece
target
the pawn
heaven or hell
double-cross
A dream and nightmare
until nightfall

the light at the end of the tunnel

19.9K 487 76
De EmmaJJxx

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING

-BLOOD/GORE/ DESCRIPTIONS OF VIOLENCE

Violet's POV

I always wondered how I'd die, would it be at the hands of Jay? Or Robert? Or would life just become too much?would it finally break me?

So when my eyes fluttered open and I was met by the sun shining down on me, I just hoped I had died peacefully.

For now I could be with the ones I had lost.

My eyes closed and opened as they adjusted to the bright sun which warmed my skin. A melody filled my ears, somebody humming angelically as I pulled myself forward.

"Mama," I whispered.

"My dove," she replied as she gently cupped my face with her hand.She was sitting knelt down on the grass next to me. I melted into her touch as a lone tear escaped my eye.

"Don't cry baby" She hummed as she placed a violet flower into my hand. I felt the lightness of the flower in my hand and the freshness of it filled my nose.

"You wanna know why I named you Violet?" She asked as she wiped the tear from my face.

"As long as you can find yourself, you will always be able to see the beauty in the world" she whispered as she held my hand.

"Am i?.. Am I dead?" I stuttered as tears blurred my vision. "Is Nico here?please i need to-" i panickedly mumbled as i felt my breathing become shallow and rapid.

"No Violet, you aren't dead" She replied as she gracefully stood to her feet.

"But there is somebody that wants to speak to you" She hummed and she helped me to my feet. I looked around as my eyes took in the beauty of the scenery, any fear I had faded as I looked at the green grass that surrounded me which was filled with blossoming flowers and large lush trees.

"Raven!" A feminine voice yelled from across the field. From over the hill a girl walked over. She wore a blue  dress with her hair loose, the waves of her hair cascading down her shoulders.

"Camilia," I whispered as I ran over to her.

"Look at you all grown up" She exclaimed with a smile as she pulled me into a hug.I pulled back and looked at her trying to not let the tears fall from my eyes.She looked the same as she did almost three years ago,age did not seem to weary her.

"That brother of mine has been up to all sorts of nonsense huh?" she joked as a smile tugged at her lip.

I weakly smiled back as tears began falling from my eyes.

"Awe don't cry Vi, it's okay" She replied as she wiped the tears from my cheek.

"I'm sorry.I didnt know- im so sorry" I whispered as tears continued to fall.

"No please Violet don't cry. Malik blames himself for what happened and it has broken him. Please not you too" She whispered

"It's not Malik's fault or your fault for what happened.It's only his fault" Her light brown eyes flickered into the distance.

"That's why I need you to escape, I need you to live" Her soft gaze fell back onto me.

"My flower, it's time for you to go" My mum whispered as she walked over to Camilia and I.

"I love you" my mum whispered as she kissed my forehead.

"I love you too," I replied as my voice began to break.

"Look after my baby brother" Camilia said as she pulled me into a hug.

"I will" I whispered as the light began to fade into darkness.

I jolted awake gasping for air as I scrambled against the cold basement floor. I closed my eyes again feeling disorientated wondering if this too was a dream, I listened to my heartbeat in my chest as I pinched my arm. I sighed deeply, I wasn't sure if waking up or having died would have been better, because at least in death I'd be away from this nightmare.

The eerie silence of the basement caused me to shiver. I looked up the stairs,to the steel door, noticing that the light was still shining under the door. It was disorientating being stuck in complete darkness, I couldn't remember anymore how long I had been stuck down here. It could have been hours or days I wasn't sure. The memories of the dream played around in my mind as I remained in silence, my back aching against the cold basement floor.

I remained on the floor,  the aches from my numerous injuries kept me awake.The sharp pain from my ribs would grow everytime i would take in a deep breath and my forehead throbbed as blood still lightly trickled down.I knew my injuries were bad, i knew if i didn't escape then i would succumb to these injuries that's if Jay doesn't kill me first.

I knew I needed to escape, for Camilia and my mum who lost their life because of Jay; for Malik, my father and my brothers who remained alive but fragmented from their loss, I couldn't let Jay take more from them, I couldn't let him take me too.

As I laid on the icy basement ground devising a plan of escape I was snapped out of my thoughts by the light pitter patter of footsteps from above me. I took in a harsh breath as I listened to the sound, a pair of footsteps except they didn't sound like Jay.The footsteps sounded light and systematic as if carefully planned. Before long the footsteps sounded close as if outside the steel door, I scrambled to my feet as I crouched down between the mattress and the wall.I could see the bottom of the wooden staircase but the door was out of my eyeline.I pushed myself closer to the wall as i heard the click of the steel door followed by the creaking of the stairs.My body began trembling uncontrollably unnerved by the unknown identity of the mysterious figure.

"Malik"I whispered as I saw him descend to the bottom of the staircase, his tall figure illuminated by the soft glow of the light.He held his gun in his right hand pointing it around the basement but he lowered his gun after he heard my whisper.

I pulled myself out of the makeshift hiding spot as my eyes welled with tears as I looked at him.His gaze softened as his eyes fell on my weakened trembling body.

"Lettie" he whispered as he rushed over to me. I ran into his arms feeling them wrap around me.The place I felt safest was here, in his arms.Even down in this basement I felt safe because his arms were around me.

Tears streamed down my face as I held onto him tightly, not wanting to ever let go again.

"You're okay, you're safe now" he repeated as he gently ran his finger through my knotted hair, which was slightly matted by the dried blood.He pulled away from the hug as he leant down to my height, his nose against mine.

"Nico, is he?-" I stuttered, unable to finish my sentence as he ran his thumb lightly over the injury on my forehead, he frowned as he saw the blood continue to trickle down my head.

"He is alive" Malik replied as if reading my thoughts.I let out a deep breath of relief feeling my tense body begin to relax.

"I thought I lost you," he whispered as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I'm here" I replied, his lips only centimetres from mine. My breath hitching as my eyes fell to his lips.

"I love you" he whispered as a smile tugged at his lip. I wasn't sure what compelled me but I kissed him, I kissed him like I had a minute to live, I kissed him like I needed him and in that moment I did need him.He kissed me back and our lips intertwined as my heart raced.

"I always loved you" he whispered as I pulled away from his lips.

For a moment, just a moment I forgot just where we were, I forgot the horrors of this basement but I was snapped back into reality by the creaking of the wooden stairs. Instantly my eyes race to the source of the noise but suddenly my ears are filled with a sharp noise as Jay raises his gun and shoots.Malik pushes me away as the bullet buzzes past my head and into Malik's shoulder.

Malik stumbles as blood begins to pour from his shoulder.He drops his gun and it crashes to the basement floor with a thud.Before i have time to react i watch Jay raise his gun again and point it towards Malik's head.

I tackle Jay as we tumble down the staircase landing on the cold basement floor, he is unrelenting as he knocks my face with the end of the gun which causes my head to fly backwards hitting the hard basement floor. Jay pins me to the floor choking me with one hand with the gun pointed to my head now.I gasp for air as i feel my throat being crushed by his callous hand, i reach my hand behind me as i feel Malik's gun that lays on the floor, i grab it with my shaky hand as Jay continues to choke me, the life beginning to drain from my body.Using the little strength i have left I pull back on the trigger and point it to Jay's head before releasing  the trigger.The sound of my gunshot and another shot echo around the basement as Jay's body grows limp on top of me, i push his body off me as Malik comes rushing over.Blood still pouring from his arm as he kneels down next to me.

"You got shot" I whisper as I pull up his shirt sleeve revealing the bullet, he smiles weakly.

"You saved me" he whispers as he brushes a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I guess we are even now" I mumble, my stomach being swarmed by a sudden sharp pain causing my hands to grip on my stomach.

The smile which once tugged at Maliks lips now fades completely as his eyes fall to my stomach. I look down to my stomach noticing the blood seeping through my jumper, the room begins to spin violently as a bitter lump forms in my throat.

"I dont- i dont feel okay" i mutter as my head begins feeling heavy as my body begins to feel limp.Malik places his hands behind my head protectively as he brings my head to his lap.

"It's okay, you are gonna be okay" he whispers as his voice breaks.His eyes open wide as his gaze remains on my stomach.

"You are safe" he stutters as he tries to apply pressure on my stomach, his hands shaky.I feel the colour drain from my face as i look up into his eyes, his light brown eyes remind me of hearth, everlasting and warm. His eyes were red and glossy as tears began to stream down his face.

"I love you too" I whisper as I reach my shaky hand to his face.

"I always loved you" I mumble as my vision begins to fade.

"No no Violet, stay with me" He pleads as he gently places his warm hand against my cheek. My eyes begin to flutter shut as they roll back, the light blinding my vision.

"No no keep your eyes open, look at me.Please" Maliks voice breaks but his words fall onto deaf ears as I allow the warmth of the light to consume me.

"Get away from me!" I scream though my voice comes out hoarse.I jolt forward hearing the gasps and cries of people around me followed by loud beeping from machines which surround me.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

630K 16.4K 53
Kalina never knew much about her family, only that she had brothers, a mother and a father who never wanted her. After the abuse her mother put her t...
3.6K 90 25
Kelsey was living her best life till now with her mother, her stepfather and her stepbrother. However, her life comes crashing down when her family i...
475K 13.3K 38
15-year-old Alexandra 'Lexi' DeLaCruz-DeLesco has had a not so pleasant life- to say the least. She was abused by her foster 'parents' until they got...
Resilience De Swati

Ficțiune adolescenți

4.7M 135K 88
[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli She has experienced more pain in her 15...