Be My Girlfriend

De Seventeen_AJ

"I need you to stop bullying Reese." Oh, so it was because of her friend. "I-I will do anything, just make it... Mais

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52

12

7.3K 250 16
De Seventeen_AJ

Jo's P.O.V.

"Hi, Bestie." I greeted Reese when she opened their door for me. She gave me a small smile and gestured for me to come in.

"Oh, hello Mrs. Curtis." I greeted her Mom when she came out from the kitchen.

"You're just in time, Jo. Come you two, dinner is ready. Also, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Summer? I sound so old whenever you call me Mrs. Curtis." She winced at the mention of her formal name.

I chuckled at that.

We sat at the dining table and waited for her Dad to join us.

"Did Reese tell you that she was planning to transfer school, Jo?" Summer looked at me before looking at Reese who was eating in silence.

"She wasn't giving us any reasons so maybe you know something?" 

"Mom!" Reese almost yell at her Mom.

"Oh honey, I just find it weird that you will transfer when the school year just started." she continued.

"Also, you love your school, and I cannot believe you will leave Jo there for what, for nothing, you just feel like moving?" Summer ignored the glare from Reese and continued with her speech.

"Did something happen at school, Jo?" I could hear the worries in her voice. 

I seemed to choke on my food as she was staring at me along with Mr. Curtis.

"Nothing happened, Mom. and stop interrogating Jo, you're scaring her." Reese came to my rescue.

"I'm not interrogating your friend, honey. I was just asking her questions that you won't tell me."

Mr. Curtis averted her eyes and focus again on his food. He's a quiet man but I know he was worried too about Reese.

I as well averted my eyes from Summer who was still giving me a look.

If Reese has no plan to tell her parents, who am I to do so?

When we finish with our food, Reese pull me by my hand into her bedroom, she locked the door behind us.

"Is that necessary?"  I asked her wondering.

"My Mom is so nosy. By the way, why are you here?" She sat on her bed and browse the magazine that was on top of it. I sat beside her.

"You don't have to transfer schools." That earned me a questioning look.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She closed the magazine and moved her foot up to the bed and cross it, leaving the other down.

"Well, I found a way to stop the bullying, Reese. You don't have to transfer, I took care of it."

"Again, what's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, I took care of it."

"Josephine Karen Thompson!"

"Hey, what are you fully naming me for?"

"What did you do, Jo?"

I let out a deep sigh.

"I talked to Brittany, I made a deal with her." 

"And?" Reese was becoming impatient.

"Well, in return for the bullying to stop... I, umm... I agreed to be..."

"Ohh my god, Josephine! Spill it out."

"I agreed to be her girlfriend!"

I saw how Reese's eyes widened in slow motion, her mouth forming an 'O'

"Oh, my g- what???" I swear I heard her voice echoing in the four corners of her room.

"Oh my god, Jo. Why would you do that?" She slapped my arm multiple times causing me to scream in pain. I shielded myself with my hands eventually taking hers to stop.

"I... I don't want you to leave the school, Reese. You're my best friend and I will be too depressed if you're not there." I looked down at our hands and continued.

"We're supposed to graduate together, you're supposed to help me with my valedictorian speech, you're supposed to be in the crowd when I deliver it, you're supposed to mouth it with me if in case I get nervous and choked up at the stage..." I didn't notice my voice cracked and tears brimming my eyes.

"Ohh, Jo..." Reese pulled me in for a tight hug. My arms flew to give her the same pressure and buried my face in her neck.

I let out a soft sob when I felt Reese stroking my back. After a few seconds, she pulled me away to face her.

"But, Jo..." I didn't let her finish and shook my head.

"Reese, it's okay. It's just for the school year, just right after graduation, even breaks are excluded. So, it's fine, It's gonna be fine, I swear! I can handle Anderson." I assure her giving her my firm voice.

"You'll come tomorrow to school, right? I asked her when she kept her silence.

"I don't know, Jo. I think I'll skip this week."

I looked at her with sad eyes. In a way I understand her, she cannot show her face at school after what happened in the morning. I nodded at her and squeezed her hand.

"It's okay. You rest the whole week, rest your body and mind."

"Umm... Reese, there's more." I contemplated how will I tell her about the kiss I shared with Brittany.

Reese's brows are furrowed, waiting for me to speak.

"I... I kissed her..." Again, I watched her shocked face even exaggerating to fan herself. I don't know if I will laugh at her reaction or calm her.

"Oh. My. Fucking. God." She exclaimed when she recovers.

"How the hell did that happen? Details, I need details. And don't you dare leave anything behind, Josephine!" It scares me a little bit whenever she calls me by my full name.

"Well, she was the one who kissed me but then, I found myself kissing her back."

"You've never kissed anybody, how would you know to kiss back?"

"Hmm... I don't know, when she was kissing me, I just knew."

"Interesting." Reese brought her hand to her chin and rubbed it slowly.

"But wait... Why did you kiss her back?" I stared at her and absorbed her question, 

"To be honest, I've been asking myself that ever since. I don't know why I reciprocated it."

"Did it feel good?"

"At the time, yes." I love how I can be honest with Reese about anything, I know that she will never judge me or even make a side comment, if she has to tell me something, she would tell it to my face.

"So, do you like girls now? Or... just Brittany?"

I was dumbfounded by what she just said. Do I like Brittany? Or any girl for that matter? I mean, I haven't had any romantic feelings towards anyone, boy or girl, so how would I compare it, what would be my base to know that?

"I don't know, Reese. I'm actually... confused." She nodded at me.

"When she was kissing me, I felt things that I never felt before. It was like, I was in another dimension, and I  didn't want her to stop. And when she stopped and let me go, I felt emptiness embrace my whole being." Reese stared at me with amazement.

"Wow!" She exclaimed.

"Are you in love?" It was my turn to stare at her.

"What?"

"Well, the way you describe the kiss, you sounded in love."

"Reese!"

"What?"

"I'm not in love, okay? It was, it was my first kiss, maybe the first kiss was meant to be like that." I told her not even convincing myself.

Me? In love with that she-devil? Duhh!!!

Reese was giving me a meaningful look, I know she wanted to tell me something but stopped herself to do so, I didn't push it because I'm not sure if I was ready to hear it.

"So, what are you gonna do tomorrow when you see her?"

What am I gonna do tomorrow when I see her? 

I have no idea.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

477K 6.7K 51
The night after her parents death, she's forced and threatened by the Queen at the age of ten to get engaged to the princess whose father is the murd...
1.1M 44K 35
I was only 7 when I met her, but we had an instant connection. We were inseperable. She was always happy and joyful around me, but me on the other ha...
1.9M 44.6K 67
Have you ever felt so broken that you couldn't pull yourself out of bed and continue to live your life like you used to. A simple task such as tying...
512K 20.6K 39
I glanced down to her lips but then I scooted away while clearing my throat. She hmm'd, "You tried to kiss me again." I shook my head and said "Nope...