Love me •|Billy Hargrove|•

Por SuperRandomThings

Cassidy, or Four, is a 17 year old girl from Hawkins lab. After her escape, she started living with Hopper an... Más

•|1|•
•|2|•
•|3|•
•|4|•
•|5|•
•|6|•
•|7|•
•|8|•
•|10|•
•|11|•
•|12|•
•|13|•
•|14|•
•|15|•
•|16|•
•|17|•
•|18|•
•|19|•
•|20|•

•|9|•

1K 23 4
Por SuperRandomThings

A.N.- this chapter has a lot of POV switches and it's because Cassie and Billy are apart for most of it. I just felt Billy's side of the story should be told too so you guys can get a better feel of how I changed his personality and how he acts without Cassie there. Anyways enjoy<3

Eleven steps through the door, black smudged under her eyes. Her clothes are different too. Dark. Her curly hair is slicked back.

Mike comes forward, looking at El. They stare at each other longingly. A sigh of relief comes from me. They're finally reunited.

"El," Mike whispers, stepping further towards her.

"Mike," she says, engulfing him in a hug.

I look over to Hopper, who has a strange look on his face.

"Is that..." Max starts. The boys nod.

"I never gave up on you," Mike says with a smile, pulling back. "I called you every night. Every night for..."

"353 days," Eleven finishes. "I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay," he asks her with sad eyes.

"Because I wouldn't let her," Hopper tells Mike. Mike looks at me and I nod sadly.

I step towards my sister and Hopper.

"The hell is this? Where have you been?" Hopper asks her.

"Where have you been?" She asks with an attitude.

I step closer and she looks up, grabbing onto me. I pull her into a hug, only for big arms to be placed around the both of us.

Hopper kisses the top of her head then mine.

"You've been hiding her," Mike interrupts.

"You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike yells pushing at Hopper. "You've been hiding her too Cassidy. You didn't think you should say anything!" He screams at me. I lower my head with a sad frown, and Billy steps forward.

"Let's talk. Alone," Hopper says, grabbing Mike by his shirt.

Mike and Hopper walk into the other room. I can here them yelling at each other.

Mike's yelling turns into crying.

"El, are you okay?" I ask, bending down a little to her level. She nods. She looks up at Billy. "Hello, Four's friend."

"Hey," Billy says awkwardly with a smile.

I step away from her so the boys can hug her. "We missed you."

"I missed you too," she replies to them.

I lean back into Billy, who pulls me into him. He drops his chin onto my shoulder, gun leaned against the wall behind us.

"We talked about you pretty much everyday," Dustin tells her.

"They did," I say. A happy tear falls down my cheek, only to be wiped away by Billy's thumb.

El reaches forward and touches Dustin's front teeth. Dustin recoils. "Teeth. You have teeth."

Dustin laughs. "Oh. You like these pearls." He makes his purring noise, causing me to laugh.

"Eleven," Max says, stepping forward.

"Hey. Um, I'm Max," Max smiles at her, sticking her hand out. "I've heard a lot about you."

El pushes passed her. I step forward and touch Max's shoulder. "She'll get used to you. Just give her time." Max has a hurt look on her face but nods.

El hugs Joyce next. Eleven asks to see Will. They leave for a moment before going into the kitchen. I follow Joyce and El as they look at the paper on the kitchen table.

"Does gate mean like, the one at the lab?" I ask looking at El. I've been so overwhelmed I haven't even thought about it.

"You've opened this gate before right?" Joyce asks Eleven.

"Yes," El whispers.

"Do you think if we go back there, that you guys could close it?" Joyce asks. I nod slowly, looking over to El. El looks forward in silence but I know her answer. The answer is yes.

"We can do it," I tell Joyce, prepared to do whatever need done.

Everyone steps up to the table, circling it.

"It's not like it was before. It's grown a lot. I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs," Hopper says, talking about the gate.

"Demo-dogs," Dustin says, looking up at Hopper.

"What?" He asks like Dustin just spoke a new language. Technically it is new, produced from the dark depths of Dustin's weird teenage mind.

"I said Demo-dogs," he repeats. "Like demogorgan and dogs. You put them together. It sounds pretty badass," Dustin continues. I shake my head.

"How is this important right now?" Hopper asks angrily.

"It's not," Dustin says looking down. "I'm sorry."

"We can do it," I say looking up at my adopted father. El nods beside me. I can see Billy tense up on my other side.

"You're not hearing me," he tells me.

"I am hearing you. We can do it," I tell him more sternly.

"Cass," Billy starts with a worried look. I look at him with a "shut the hell up" look.

"Even if they can do it, there's still another problem," Mike starts. "If the brain dies the body dies."

"I thought that was the whole point," Max says.

"It is but if we're really right about this. I mean if El and Cassie close the gate and kill the Mind Flayer's army..." Mike is interrupted by Lucas. "Will is apart of that army."

"Closing the gate will kill him," Mike concludes.

A silence spreads over all of us. Joyce moves from the table towards Will's room. We all follow.

"He likes it cold," Joyce says staring at the open window.

"What?" Hopper asks, confused.

"That's what Will kept saying to me," Joyce nods over and over as she speaks.

She runs over and closes the window. "We keep giving it what it wants."

"If this is a virus and Will's the host, then..." Nacy trails off.

"We need to make the host uninhabitable," Jonathan answers.

"So if he likes it cold..." Nancy starts.

"We need to burn it out of him," I finish.

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time," Mike tells us.

"Yeah. Somewhere far away," Dustin adds.

"My house," I suggest. "He's never been there."

Hopper nods and picks Will up, spouting directions at Jonathon while they walk out of the house.

I stand outside with Billy, Mike, and Eleven.

"Cassidy," Billy grabs my face, forcing eye contact. "Please be careful."

"I will. I always am," I smile at him.

"No, Cass. This is different. I need you to come back okay," he says. His eyes are a little shiny. Only the slightest bit though.

"Billy, are you okay?" I whisper. I'm purely paralyzed. I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

"It's just... I need you to be okay for me," he whispers back. My eyes flicker to his lips.

"I will be. This isn't the last time we see each other. Just in case though.." I stop talking and stand on my tippy toes, throwing my arms around his neck. Our lips connect. He kisses back immediately as I shut my eyes.

"Ew. No. Stop," Hopper yells causing me to detach. "No more of that. Let's go girls."

El hugs Mike one last time. I smile at Billy, a hard blush taking over my cheeks.

"See you later. I promise," I tell him before going to the car and getting into the front seat. El is already in beside me.

We take off down the driveway. I look backwards at Billy, who has a strange look on his face.

"So what, we're just not going to talk about it," Hopper says to El. El just looks at him.

"Oh I don't know," Hopper starts. "I'm just curious why you all of a sudden look like an MTV punk. I'm not mad kid. I just want to know where you've been."

Suddenly, it clicks. Her door was closed for a reason the past few days. She wasn't even there. She hasn't been there at all.

"To see Mama," El says. My heart leaps at the unfamiliar word. I have no idea who my mother is, but I do know she gave me away to the lab freely. No force was needed.

"Okay," Hopper says calmly. "How'd you get there?"

"A truck," she answers.

"A truck?" He asks surprised.

"A big truck," El clarifies.

"A big truck?" Hoppers voice rises. "Whose truck was it?"

"A man's," she answers casually.

"A man's!" Hopper's voice is agitated.

"Okay. So let me get this straight. A man in a truck drove you to your mama's and then what? Your Aunt Becky gave you those clothes and makeup?" Hopper is starting to get mad.

"I shouldn't have left," El says looking at him.

"No this isn't on you kid. I should have been there. Your sister should have been there," he says looking at me. "Where were you when she left."

"With Dustin," I say. He keeps staring at me. I look at my hands in my lap. "And Billy."

"So you've been running around with that punk while your sisters been by herself?" Hopper asks.

I can't find my words. It's like they've all left my head.

"Yes but..." I'm interrupted by Eleven.

"He's nice. He spent the night when you were gone," Eleven says trying to help the situation.

"He what!" Hopper yells, looking at me with wide eyes.

"We didn't do anything. He stayed over because it was late, and he didn't want to go home. And after that we helped Dustin with his pet demogorgan that started this mess," I tell him defensively.

"You are definitely getting your car keys taken away," he laughs. "Give them to me."

"It's at Dustin's. I left my car there with Billy's Camaro," I say.

"The shithead drives a Camaro too. That's great," Hopper's hands flex against the steering wheel.

"This is you and Eleven's conversation. Keep me out of it," I say, turning my body towards the window.

He sighs roughly. "I shouldn't have lied to you about your mom, Eleven or about when you could leave. There's a lot of things I shouldn't have done."

Hopper takes a shaky sigh. "Sometimes I feel like I'm just a black hole or something."

I tune out of the conversation. I think of Billy. The kiss, the way he was there for me. The way he helped the boys even though he didn't even know them. It warmed my heart to see him so willing to protect us.

"Who's Sarah," I hear Eleven ask.

"Sarah? Sarah's my girl. She's my little girl," Hopper says. I look over. His eyes are watery.

"Where is she?" El asks softly.

"Well, that's kind of the thing kid. She uh, she left us."

My heart breaks. I can tell just by his face that she had passed away.

"Gone," El whispers.

"The black hole got her. I've just been really scared it would take the two of you too," Hopper says sadly. "I think that's why I get so mad. I'm so sorry, girls. For everything. I could be so... so..."

"Stupid," El finishes for him. A tear falls down my cheek.

Hopper grins. "Yeah. Stupid."

El reaches out and holds Hoppers hand.

"I've been stupid too," she says.

"I guess we broke our rule. I don't hate it by the way. This whole look. I do however hate that boy, Cassie," Hopper speaks to us. I laugh a little.

"You'll get used to him," I whisper, looking up.

I wipe my tears as we drive in comfortable silence.

Billy's POV

The kids are all arguing. Steve just stuck the demo-whatever into the fridge, the possible love of my life is risking her own for everyone, and I don't have my cigarettes.

Mike is talking about setting a fire or something to get the monsters away from Cass and them, and Steve is going momma bear on him.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Steve starts clapping to get the kid's attention. "This is not happening!"

"No. No. No. I promised I would keep you shitheads safe and that's what I plan on doing," Steve yells, hands on his hips.
"We're waiting here until they say we're good. Understand that." Steve now has a dish towel in his hand, he's shaking it at them.

"Steve," the curly headed kid Dustin starts.

"I need a yes," Steve demands.

"Kids. Don't forget to say yes ma'am to Harrington," I smart off, leaning against the wall.

"Do you agree with us, Billy?" Dustin asks.

I shrug a little. "I think we should help the girls out. I got my car earlier. We can take it." I pull my keys out.

"Let's do it," Maxine says. Part of me wants to glare at her but the other part sees no point in it. We all go outside getting into the car.

"No. No. Stop," Steve tries to tell the kids as they climb in.

Cassie's POV

I jump out of the truck, starring at the lab. My heart drops. This time when I look at it, I have time for the memories to come back. The pain and torture I had to deal with.

Hopper takes a gun, from the back and walks up to us. "You girls let me do the heavy lifting up front. Save your strength."

I wring my hands together and nod.

"You guys okay?" Hopper asks. I nod, starting to walk. El nods too, following.

Billy's POV

I speed down the road as Lucas gives me directions from the passenger seat. Steve is freaking out from the backseat.

"Billy! Oh my god! Slow down! Please!" Steve screeches, gripping the back of my seat.

"Shut the hell up, Harrington," I yell, pushing on the gas.

"Left. Left!" Lucas screams. I take a sharp turn and Harrington screams.

I pull into a field, stopping in front of a big hole.

"Ah!" Steve screams. I put my hand on his chest as he flies forward over the middle console, shoving him back into the seat.

"See. You survived," I say, getting out of my car.

The boys and Max run to the back, getting out there supplies as bitch boy Harrington whines.

"We could have been killed from that driving. How do you even have a license?" His voice is whiny and annoying.

"Shut the hell up and help," Dustin yells at him. I smirk at the kid. He's not too bad. We pull out tins of gasoline, walking to the big hole in the ground.

"We are not going down there right now. I made myself clear!" Steve yells, moving towards the hole.

I put my hand on his shoulder, pinning him against the car. "Help or stay out of the way. If I can make this safer for Cassie, I'm going to, and you aren't going to mess it up."

He stops yelling and just stares at me.

"Steve, I know your upset and you told Nance you would keep us safe, so here," Dustin hands him the bat with nails as he speaks. "Keep us safe."

We all tie bandannas around our mouths to not breathe in the air. I slide on my sunglasses.

I throw a rope down, tying it to my car after. I make sure each kid and Steve gets down there before using the rope and getting into the hole.

It's dark and musty. The kids shine their flashlights around as we walk further into the tunnel.

"I'm pretty sure it's this way!" Mike yells, a self created map in his hand.

"You're pretty sure or you're certain?" Dustin asks.

"I'm 100% sure. Just follow me and you'll know!" Mike yells at him.

"Woah. Woah. Woah. Hey, hey, hey. I don't think so," Harrington says, starting up with his babysitter shit. "If any of you little shits die down here, I'm getting the blame. Got it, Dipshit? From here on out, I'm leading the way. Come on, let's go!"

I scoff and roll my eyes, giving Dustin a small push for him to speed up.

"Hey-" he starts.

"Shut up and move before Harrington loses his shit," I tell him. He laughs a little which makes my smile. I wonder why.

Cassie's POV

We walk through the empty hallways. Hopper is slightly infront with a gun and flashlight.

We take a turn and start to go down stairs. The hand rails are bloody and slightly dented. A shiver goes up my spine.

"Stay here," Hopper tells us, walking down the stairs.

I can here him speaking to someone, meaning there is a survivor.

I move down the stairs, El right behind me. He's bent over a guy in a lab coat, tying his belt around the guys wounded leg.

"Oh yeah I've been meaning to tell you. This is Eleven and Cassidy or Four. Girls this is Doc Owens," Hopper introduces. "They've been staying with me for about a year now, and they're about to save our asses."

I smile awkwardly at the man on the floor, not quite knowing how else to react. He continues to ask the man to help El lead a normal life after this is all done. The guy nods.

Billy's POV

The walking is still going on. Every step I take, there is a squishy sound under my boots. There slime dripping from the ceiling probably ruining my curls.

"Guys keep moving," Harrington orders.

Dustin is stopped starring at the ceiling. I look up and see something pulsating.

"Ugh," I whisper. "This place is disgusting."

It then makes a screaming noice spewing an ash like substance at us. I recoil swatting it away. Dustin falls on the ground screaming.

I pull him up and he starts to run, falling again. I refrain from laughing as everyone runs over.

Steve pushes through the kids. "What happened?"

"It's in my mouth! Shit! It's on my mouth!" Dustin screeches, voice cracking with every word. "It got me and Billy. I got us."

"It's okay," I say slightly irritated. I pull him to his feet slapping his back as he coughs dramatically. "We're fine. You're fine. I'm fine. Everything is fine."

"God," Harrington says, obviously annoyed. The kids mutter things mostly along the lines of Dustin being an idiot, and we go back to walking. We don't walk very far before we stop. Steve's flashlight is pointing up.

"Alright Wheeler," he says. "I think we found your hub."

It's a room like place, surround by different tunnels. Each one, I assume, leading somewhere else.

"Drench it," I say, spreading gasoline onto the ground. Everyone follows, shaking the gas tins around the place.

When we're down we climb back into the tunnel we came from.

"You guys ready?" Steve asks. The kids nod.

"Light it up, Harrington," I tell him as he flicks the lighter open. He throws the flame onto the ground sending the place up in flames.

The fire engulfed vines squeal and wave around violently. I hope this is helping her.

"Go. Go. Go," Steve and I start yelling, pushing the kids to run. We start hauling ass the other way, not looking back.

"Let's go!" I yell as I pass Dustin.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" He yells.

I huff and slow my pace to make sure he stays safe. Cass would have my head if her favorite got hurt.

Cassie's POV

Suddenly, Demogorgans start to run and screech. Something's going on but I have no idea what's happening to them.

Jonathan's voice comes over the walky telling us that Will's good, and we can try to close the gate.

I wring my hands stepping onto the cord elevator. It takes us down into the earth where the gate is. My heart races as my anxiety starts to get the best of me.

"We can do this," I whisper to myself.

I feel a large hand touch my shoulder. "You two got this. Deep breaths and get it done." Hopper says. I nod and lift my head, shaking out my hands.

The cord elevator slowly stops as Hopper lets pressure off the lever. The gate we need to close is bright red on the inside. Bright red light. It fades the further you get to the edges that we need to pull closed.

I grab Hopper's hand and Eleven grabs mine. I squeeze both of them, letting out a shaky breath.

Billy's POV

"This way!" Steve yells, leading the kids to where ever the entrance is. I'm running when I hear someone fall. I stop abruptly as Mike screams. Those stupid vines are wrapping around his leg as he lays on the ground.

I sprint towards him as Mike screams for help.

I kick at the vines with my boot heel, hauling Mike to his feet. Something squeals and I look over, letting go of Mike's arm.

"Dart," Dustin says. I scream inside my head. We need to get out of here not have a damn reunion. Dustin steps forward.

"Dustin, get back," I say, voice rising. Everyone is yelling at him to stop and step away from the thing.

"Just trust me," Dustin says, moving forward slowly.

"Hey. It's me. It's your friend, Dustin," he starts taking his facial gear off.

Dart steps toward him as he crouched down. He foot taps impatiently. I want to grab Dustin, throw him over my shoulder, and get the hell out of here.

"Will you let us pass?" Dustin asks it. It growls at him. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about the storm cellar." He then reaches into his backpack. "You hungry?"

He gives the thing a Three Musketeer before waving at us. While the thing eats it, we each run past it, into a new tunnel.

We're back at the rope and there are monsters growling.

"Dammit. Guys let's go!" Harrington and I pick up Max, pushing her up towards the top of the hole. We do each kid the same way. They pull themselves the rest of the way up.

It's just me and Harrington left. Shadows of the demo-dogs running towards us cast across the wall. I feel my heart drop.

They start to run at us, but then go around us. It's like we aren't even there. I wobble as they brush against my legs.

"She's doing it," I whisper, as I pull Steve towards me and out of the way.

Cassidy's POV

I can feel blood running from my nose. A figure appears as the gate is closing. It's a big shadow. It looks like what Will drew.

The Mind Flayer

Screeching noises come from inside but I push harder. I can feel Eleven's powers easing from the sight of the shadow, so I try to make up for it.

I can taste a little bit of blood as it goes into my mouth. I ignore it, pushing myself harder.

I think of Billy and how I would feel if he was hurt or how I would feel if someone ever tried to hurt Dustin. I channel the anger.

I feel blood come from my other nostril too. I runs down my face is bloody rivers.

The walls are coming together. There's sudden gunfire behind me from Hopper. I ignore the way the elevator shakes as things jump onto it before getting shot off.

I start to think about how I would feel if I ever had to lose someone important like Dustin or Eleven or even Billy. I wrap my anger up and force it through my mind. I start to feel stronger, more powerful.

Black smoke starts to come from the gate. It isn't fire it's too controlled. The smoke has life.

I shove out my second hand, screaming in anger. I feel lighter. Like I'm not touching the ground, and it's true. I'm not. I yell harder as I push harder, pulling the two sides together.

It's almost done. I see Eleven fall as I keep pushing. With a final scream, the gate closes, and I fall to my knees. The world goes black.

Billy's POV

The lights of my car start to glow brighter when we're all out of the hole. I shield my eyes, looking away. The lights start to dim.

"They did it," is all Mike says. I sigh in relief.

She did it

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

11.9K 260 30
Two seemingly broken people seem to find something truly amazing within one another in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana. What started out as annoya...
8.6K 93 21
[DISCOUNTINUED] Contains some spoiler for Stranger Things Season 4 (this is not a canon story) Valerie Hale- the summer of 1963, a seven-year-old Val...
472K 10.6K 34
'I live in a man's world, and it's hard to thrive in a world that isn't designed for you' 'She's...too good for someone like me' (Steve Harrington x...
1.1M 17K 63
19 year old Samantha Mayfield has dealt with every monster that has decided to visit Hawkins, Indiana. She is constantly sacrificing everything to pr...