Rebirth of Poisoned Empress...

By alyun100719445

Shen Liang was beautiful and cold like jade, but he was also extremely cruel to his enemy. Pei Yuanxian who k... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Untitled Part 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128

Chapter 62

1.8K 59 2
By alyun100719445

As the Qin empire's wealthiest family, the Murong Manor was also located in the inner city, but in the southern region. The area it comprised did not lose to any high-ranking official's manor and the level of luxury was unmatched by many others as well. No one knew the extent of the family's wealth. They only knew what the family lacked the least was money. Several promising generations after generations only added to their massive wealth, but along with that wealth, was trouble. Just the current Murong Family's head served as a prime example. 

"Master, there is someone outside who claims to be here to collect a debt. He said to tell you 'half a month's time has came,' and that you would naturally understand."

Ever since the Blood Jade Linglong had been used and his wife's condition only worsened, Murong Hai himself had aged rapidly. He guarded his wife all day, for fear that his wife would disappear the moment he laxed his guard. When he heard the steward's report, Murong Hai raised his head. His dull eyes were bloodshot: "Half a month?"

"Father, it should be Shen Liang," seeing that he had seemed to have lost his soul, Murong Hai's eldest son, Murong Yu reminded him with melancholy. Tears welled up in his daughter, Murong Jiang's eyes as she threw herself into the arms of her second brother, Murong An. She suppressed her sobs and only unleashed her tears in silence.

"Oh. Everything should have been prepared. Handle the matter for father," Murong Hai finally recalled the matter and said to Murong Yu feebly. He turned his head back around ad held onto his wife, Murong Yun's hand tightly. He had fallen into a coma once again. The doctor said that it was highly likely for Murong Yun to pass away in his sleep. Thinking back, Murong Hai thought of all he had encountered countless obstacles and troubles in his life. No matter how difficult or turbulent the situation presented itself to be, he had always been able to face it without the slightest furrow in his brows. But now, he had been rendered to a state that he felt his heart would stop beating anytime from fright.

Murong Hai's memories recalled that Murong Yun had been his personal servant when they were young. They grew up together, studied together, and faced countless endeavors together. He really couldn't imagine his future without him. If he lost Murong Yun, how was he supposed to live out the rest of his life?

"Father... this child will go now," after some hesitation and looking at his father's weary expression, Murong Yu's heart tightened. He didn't cry like his younger sister, but instead swiftly turned away and left in long strides. 

Simultaneously, in the Murong Manor's hall, Shen Liang was tasting the gragrant tea brough up by the servants. Yaoguang and Qi Yue stood behind him in an orderly manner. The moment Murong Yu came in, he stopped involuntarily. That blatant red... was this really the poor child they had seen at Luofengju? Wasn't his change a bit too severe for half a month's time?"

"Young Master Murong?" Shen Liang's gaze swept to him inadvertently. He placed the teacup down and called out to the young master tentatively.

"En." Murong Yu finally reacted and entered the call. He then cupped his hands and stated, "Murong Yu, the eldest son of the Murong Family greets Young Master Shen. How have you fared?"

"In the time we haven't seen each other, Young Master Murong is still as handsome and courteous as ever," Shen Liang gave him a light smile. He wasn't in any hurry to state the intentions of his visit. 

But the other party was. Right after seating himself, Murong Yu directly stated: "My apologies, Young Master Shen, but some matters have arisen in the manor. We most likely will be unable to entertain your visit. The linen you seek has been packed and stored in the southern Murong storage. Why don't I call forth someone to bring you the items?"

"No hurry. I heard the Blood Jade Linglong has not only not helped the madame's conditions, but also worsened it?"

"You..." hearing Shen Liang's words, Murong Yu was stunned. His expression immediately darkened, "How much do you know."

Since the Murong madame's kidnap, the entire manor's servants had been looked into and investigated. They were sure that there wasn't a single servant left who harbor evil intentions. That was also why Murong Yu dared to speak about the linens Shen Liang wanted from them blatantly in their front hall where many servants were still present. But their dad's illness, that was kept a secret. How did Shen Liang know about it?

"I believe those who should know about already do by now," Shen Liang was smart. He could tell at a single glance that Pei Yuanxian's source of information wasn't righteous and through means that could be disclosed. But before Murong Yu's face darkened even further, he took the initiative to state: "Perhaps I can help cure the madame's poison? Just not sure whether Young Master Murong would be willing to believe me?"

The Murong Family's wealth was a powerful weapon. Shen Liang did not covet it, but he doesn't want it to become someone else's capital in the fight for the throne either. Ever since Pei Yuanxian mentioned the matter with Murong Family's madame's condition worsening, he had already planned to pay the Murong Family a visit. The day after bidding farewell to Pei Yuanxian, he immediately had Qi Xuan pay a visit to the outer regions of the Imperial City to ask for the same poison Murong Yun was suffering from from Lei Zhen. The master who taught Qi Xuan martial arts had it delivered the next day. Shen Liang had been researching and conjuring an antidote for it the past several days.

"What?!" If Murong Yu was stunned before, then he had completely lost his composure now. Murong Yu materialized before him and demanded in a trembling voice: "You... you, you know that the poison my dad suffers from is..."

"Duoqing, correct?" seeing that Murong Yu had a hard time even mentioning the poison, Shen Liang finished his sentence for him.

Murong Yu's eyes widened: "You truly know how to cure the poison of Duoqing?"

If so, then his Dad could be saved. Father wouldn't be so decadent anymore. Heaven knows how he and his siblings had been deathly afraid that with his dad threatening to leave any moment, his father would follow their dad to their deaths as well. As their parents' children, they knew better than anyone how loving their parents were. They couldn't leave each other's side at all!

"Whether or not it can be cured still requires me to take a look at the madame's current condition," without taking the pulse and seeing the symptoms for himself, Shen Liang would not feed them any guarantees.

"... A moment, please," after a deep gaze, Murong Yu ran out of the hall with his image long forgotten. Shen Liang could understand his state of mind. He didn't express any shock. It was only when a haggard Murong Hai, who had lost weight and the figure befitting of the master of the Murong Family in the short time of half a month, stumbled in that Shen Liang was truly shocked. Just how affectionate and deep did his love had to be to torture such a man into this state?

In his previous life, although he did love Qin Yunshen at the beginning, no matter how deep his love was for the other party, he still wasn't able to maintain it after years of indifference. In the following years, rather than saying that Shen Liang loved Qin Yunshen, it would be more accurate to say that Shen Liang had resigned hismelf to his fate. Afterwards, when he became the empress, he naturally became the mother of the country and bear a sense of mission and responsibility for the common people of the empire. Hence, he had given his entire life to love, but had never been truly loved.

"Young Master Shen, can you truly rid my wife of the poison?" Murong Hai stumbled before Shen Liang as he demanded in a hoarse and eager bloodshot gaze. The current him did not care about Shen Liang's identity or how such a young fifteen-year-old had the skills necessary to cure such a poison. He wouldn't give up even the flimsiest hope presented to him, even if he had to exchange the entire Murong Family for it. 

"I should be. I had already told Young Master Murong that I would need to see the madame first before guaranteeing anything." Shen Liang was not a cold-hearted person. He was moved by Murong Hai's evident love and concern for his wife and was straightforward with his words.

"Alright. We'll head over now. As long as Young Master Shen can save my wife's life, the entire Murong Family will be under your command from now on," even with his mind occupied entirely by his wife's wellbeing, Murong Hai still knew that there was no such thing as a free lunch in this world. For Shen Liang to be here at this time, he must have his own requests. But it didn't matter. For him, there was nothing more important than his wife.

"Let us see the madame first," Shen Liang didn't accept his promise. He only stood up with a smile. The group moved quickly to the main courtyard and to the residency where Murong Hai and Murong Yun lived together. Murong An, the brother-sister pair were still waiting in the room anxiously. When they saw the group enter, the two hurriedly came forward. But Shen Liang only nodded at them as a greeting before his gaze moved to the pearwood bed.

The haggard Murong Yun laied there quietly. His pale face seemed to have been kissed by Death. His breathing was uneven, at times long and at times, short, threatening to completely stop any moment. His figure was thin to the point that his skin wrapped around his bones, making them even more prominent. He looked like a dead body at first glance. Three years of torture had completely worn his body and health down.

"Young Master Shen..."

"I'll take a look first," Shen Liang raised a hand to interrupt Murong Hai. He headed over and took a seat at the edge of his bed before extending his hand out and resting his long, slender fingers lightly on Murong Yun's wrist to take his pulse. Murong Hai's family waited with held breaths, synonymous to death row prisoners awaiting their execution dates.

The pulse fluctates from fast to slow. At times, it would jump around, but other times, it would simply stop. There would be eight beats between breaths, which was a manifestation of the decline of a person's lifeforce. Shen Liang's brows couldn't help but furrow. He ascertained his findings again before retracting his hand.

"How is it? The madame, he..." seeing this, Murong Hai demanded a response from Shen Liang anxiously.

Shen Liang raised his head and shook his head to state: "It's a dying pulse."

Thud!

"Father!" 

Murong Hai immediately lost his footing and fell down. Fortunately, Murong Yu and Murong An hurried forward to catch him. Borrowing support from his two sons, Murong Hai shook off the fright in his heart and looked at Shen Liang, as though begging for the slightest hope: "Young Master Shen, is my wife truly beyond saving?"

After his words, the formerly majestic, powerful, authoritative man actually began to shed tears before the public.

Anyone who saw would feel distressed. The most painful matter in this world was parting that segregated two in life and death. Murong Hai was currently going through that now.

"The occurence of dying pulses usually arise from the extremes of both positive and negative lifeforces. The body's yin and yang energy are in turmoil and threatens a person's life. But Murong Master, I never said this was beyond saving," Shen Liang had only shook his head because it was indeed a tense and difficult situation. But that didn't mean there truly wasn't anything he could do. What were they so impatient about?

"Truly? hearing this, the Murong Family of four all gazed at him with excitement and exclaimed simultaneously. Their eyes were filled with ecstasy. During this brief period of time, they had invited just about every renowned physician in the Imperial City. Even those who were reserved as Imperial Physicians had been bribed to pay a visit and quietly give Murong Yun a look. Shen Liang was the only person who had told them Murong Yun could be saved. They were both frightened and ecstatic. Frightened because the faint glimmer of hope could be extinguished any second.

"En. I wouldn't use this matter to kid around," meeting their expectant gazes, Shen Liang nodded at them with a light smile: "Although the madame has a dying pulse, the reason for it is due to the poison of Duoqing. If the poison of Duoqing can be extracted and cured, then with the right medication, there's still saving. The rest would have to left for recuperation. With Murong Family's capital and financial resources, it should not pose a problem. As long as my orders are followed and the Murong madame cooperates fully, then I can guarantee there won't be any problems for decades to come."

"Tru...truly?" everything seemed like a dream. Murong Hai choked up and burst into tears. His Yun'er could still be saved. He would be able to live for a few more decades even. They would be able to grow old together.

"En. Truly," Shen Liang understood his emotional state and didn't think it was embarrassing for such a grown man to cry. In fact, he even felt slightly envious of the Murong Yun lying on the bed. For him to meet such a sincere man, his life could be considered worthwhile. 

"Thank, thank you Young Master Shen. Thank you," Murong Hai sobbed. The equally grateful Murong children all expressed their continuous gratitude as well. Their dad could be saved. Their family would still remain whole. Shen Liang was not only their dad's savior, he was their entire family's saving grace. In this life, they would spend their entire lives paying their respects to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 70.1K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
280K 32.2K 81
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. 🔥❤️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...
419K 12.6K 37
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...
4.1M 169K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...