La Carlota 1: Reaching the Sun

missgrainne द्वारा

Living at the top of the hill where everything seems away like the blazing sun in La Carlota, Terra Charlotta... अधिक

SYNOPSIS
PROLOGUE
1 ~ AZUCARERA
2 ~ TROUBLE
3 ~ INSPIRATION
4 ~ RESPECT
5 ~ SPONSOR
6 ~ KISS
7 ~ FRIEND
8 ~ PICTURE
9 ~ HOT
10 ~ COURT
11 ~ CHOOSE
12 ~ OVERNIGHT
13 ~ PROUD
14 ~ MISS INTRAMS
15 ~ CELEBRATION
16 ~ BOYFRIEND
17 ~ OFFERS
18 ~ GIRLFRIEND
19 ~ APARTMENT
20 ~ BABY
21 ~ INTIMACY
22 ~ CROWN
23 ~ LOVE
24 ~ SHOT
25 ~ MARRY
26 ~ TRIGGER
27 ~ GONE
28 ~ DREAM
EPILOGUE

29 ~ SUN

37.9K 2.5K 304
missgrainne द्वारा

This is the final chapter. Next update will be the Epilogue.

Even though my updates were slow and inconsistent, I am delighted that I have finally reached Grego and Charlotta's happy ending. I hope you'd learn something by reading this story.

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

LOOKING back to her journey as a beauty queen, from the start and until it ended with a blast, made her realized that her life before wasn't that really cruel. Maaaring papahirapan ka sa una, ngunit darating din ang tamang araw para bumawi ito sayo.

After winning Miss Globe Philippines, she represented the country internationally and fortunately, she was crowned as Miss Globe.

It was clear that all her winnings, all the crowns that she wore, and all the success are really meant to happen. It just that people have to learn being forbearing, especially if it's about reaching their dreams.

She was already at the limelight back then. There were a lot of offers and business proposals that knocked on her door. Ang iba ay napagbigyan niya, ngunit hindi ang mga pang matagalan na kontrata. Because it wasn't the life that she dreamed for. She don't want to be in showbiz industry. It was not part of her goals.

One of the dreams that she successfully reached was to make people realize that no matter how difficult the life would be, in spite of the rocky road, and regardless how challenging it was to aim for something impossible, you need to endure the miseries, you have to deal with the disappointments, and most importantly, you have to strongly carry all the burdens just to survive that chapter of your life.

She believed that there's always a break in the clouds. When patience, hard works, and perseverance combined, a big chances to get what you're dreaming for would be possible.

A crown on her head may be a sign of success, but for her it was also a powerful symbolic of being courageous to inspire others, specifically, women and children despite of all the stormy seas she had been through.

To represent the Philippines on international beauty pageants is an honor for her. It happened in the most perfect time of her life. Though, she did not choose to be at the limelight, her advocacy to help the children to pursue their studies and to dream for their future continued.

Aside from that, Charlotta don't want to make Grego waits anymore. Iyon din ang isa sa matinding dahilan niya kung bakit naging kuntento siya na irepresenta ang Pilipinas ng isang beses lang. Alam niyang marami rin ang nanghinayang dahil mas pinili niyang huwag nang sumali sa iba pang pageants, pero mayroon din nirespeto ang desisyon niya.

Can you believe that a few months after her reign as Miss Globe, Grego Almendarez really made sure that they are going to have their first baby even though they are not yet married?

Charlotta is spending time with Chantria and Yusef in Café Caliente. To see her friends doing good with their lives made her feel happy for them too. Yusef is successful with his gown boutique and Chantria was helping his father to manage their real state business.

Ilang buwan na rin nang nakabalik siya sa La Carlota. Nabisita niya na rin ang Sitio Verde. She became very famous when she crowned as Miss Globe. Mahal na mahal siya ng mga taong nakapaligid sa kanya at iyon na siguro ang pinaka nakakamanghang bagay na nangyari sa buhay niya. Ipinagpapasalamat niya iyon ng husto.

"You know what, I am super happy that you're back now. We really missed you!"

"Na-miss ko rin kayo ni Chantria, Yusef. I am gonna use this moment to thanks both of you for your support all through out my journey as beauty queen. I am blessed to be friend by both of you."

"Aw, that's so sweet, my dearest queen," Chantria embraced her.

"You're indeed a beauty with a heart and brain, Charlotta." Yusef smile and hugs her too.

"Kaya hindi na talaga pinakawalan ni Grego, e. He really made sure that you're his by impregnating you."

Charlotta laughed heartily. "He admitted, it was his plan. He can't wait anymore."

"Napigtas na ang pisi ng kanyang paghihintay. It was expected though. Sa tagal niyo ba naman, mas nakakalungkot kung hindi ka niya a-anakan. Mabuti na rin 'yan. Excited na akong makita ang magiging ina-anak namin, Charl."

"I can still continue helping the children and inspire them to study even though I did not continue my career in Manila. Tutulungan ko sila Miss Netta na mamahala sa Hermosa at pati na rin sa foundation ni Tita Fauna."

Saying Fauna Almendarez's name still brought a sadness on her. Nakita niya rin sa dalawang kaibigan ang kalungkutan. Sariwa pa rin sa kanya ang pagkawala ng babaeng itinuring siyang anak kahit hindi sila magkadugo.

"It's still make me sad," Chantria sighed.

"I feel the same," si Yusef. "I already talked to Netta though, I'd like to be their major sponsor with dresses and gowns."

Charlotta's eyes sparks like a pretty stars. "Wow, that's a good news! It will help a lot, Yusef. Thank you!"

"For Tita Fauna."

Ang hindi inaasahang dagok na 'yon sa buhay nila ay talagang nagkaroon ng malaking epekto sa kanya. Grego wasn't very vocal about it but she knew how devastated he was. The thing that comforts them is the fact that the killer was arrested and already behind the bars.

It was Alena's ex-boyfriend. He's a drug addict. When Alena's proved that he was, she broke up with him. At hindi iyon matanggap ng lalaki kaya ginawa ang lahat para maibalik si Alena kahit pa buhay ang kapalit.

They should put a blame towards Alena. Inaamin niya na sobrang siyang nagalit nang malaman na ex-boyfriend nga ng babaeng 'yon ang bumaril at gumawa ng kaguluhan sa gabing dapat ay masaya at payapa. But she can't just allow her emotions ruin her focus especially that she was about to start her journey in Binibining Pilipinas.

Eventually, as the case went going, Alena reported to the police that she was physically and mentally abused by that man. It was also her reason why she ended their relationship. Alena left the Philippines after she paid the damages and also asked for forgiveness.

Naalala niya pa noong araw na binisita siya nito sa Maynila. Charlotta was very busy but she still found a time to talk with Alena.

"Charlotta," pauna nito, pilit man na nilalakasan ang loob, nakikita niya pa rin sa mga mata ang takot at pagsisisi. "It was not my intention to ruin that night. Hindi ko gusto ang nangyari kay Tita Fauna-"

"She's gone!" her voice raised a bit because she's really hurt deep inside. "Why do you need to show your face here? Alam mong nasasaktan pa rin ako, bakit kailangan mong magpunta pa rito at ipaalala sa akin ang pagkawala niya?"

Sariwang-sariwa pa talaga ang sugat sa puso niya. She treated Fauna Almendarez as her mother, the reason why it was so difficult for her to accept that she's no longer there to support her and to make her feel like she's a very special daughter.

"N-nandito ako para humingi ng tawad, Charlotta. Sa lahat-lahat." Napayuko ito at humikbi.

Kumurap siya upang sana pigilan ang kanina pa nagbabadyang mga luha.

"Kung may labis na nasasaktan man sa pagkawala ni Tita Fauna, si Grego at Tito Filbert 'yon. Sa kanila ka humingi ng tawad, Alena. Kahit hindi na sa akin."

"I already did. But... they are too revengeful to even think about forgiving me."

"Forgiveness is hard to give. It was the life of the woman that they loved the most who your ex-boyfriend took."

Alena wiped her tears. "Alam ko. Pinagsisisihan ko ang nangyari. Kung sana ay nakinig ako sa kanya, hindi siguro aabot sa ganito."

"What did he tell you before that?"

Humugot ng buntonghininga ang babae sa harap niya. Alena remained beautiful but her aura screams sadness and loneliness.

"He threatened me to kill whoever is close to me if I didn't come back to him. He knew Tita Fauna because I told him that she was my inspiration-"

Charlotta gasped.

"He knew Grego because he believed that we had a relationship before. Hindi ko inaasahan na gano'n siya ka-baliw para totohanin ang mga babala niya sa akin."

Nanghihina na napaupo si Charlotta. Her fingers were shaking and she can feel the sharp thing that was hitting her heart. She can't help but to think... what if Grego was the one that got shot? But, was the gun pointed at him first? Right? Then his mother came to save him!

"His target was Grego?" she assumed. "But Tita Fauna..."

"He got jealous when he saw me w-with Grego..."

Mariin na napapikit si Charlotta. Kasabay no'n ay ang tuluyang pagpatak ng mga luha sa kanyang pisngi.

"Sana ay mapatawad mo ako, Charlotta. Hindi lang dahil sa nangyari kay Tita Fauna, pati na rin sa mga maling nagawa ko sayo noon."

She couldn't speak or may be she don't want to say more words because her heart is beating painfully at that moment. She could surely forgive Alena for whatever she's done with her before, but it's hard for her to open her heart and mind for forgiveness when it's about the life of the woman that she admired and loved the most.

"Just a one night, Grego. Sige na..." lambing niya sa lalaking mahal habang nasa opisina sa azucarera.

She knew that he will be busy that day but she still visits him to tell him that she wants to spend a night in Sitio Verde. Matanda na ang lola Salma niya at ayaw niya nang pababain pa sa patag para lang magkita sila.

"Sasamahan kita."

Unti-unting lumapad ang ngiti sa labi niya. "Kaya ko naman ang mag isa."

"I won't allow you to go there alone..." he paused and looked on her stomach. "Oh, you're not alone anymore by the way. I won't really allow you to go up in the hill without me."

Charlotta took a few step forward until she's standing beside Grego's swivel chair. He always smells nice that she got addicted. Hindi niya alam kung dahil ba buntis siya o kahit noon pa ay nahahalina na siya sa amoy ng lalaking mahal.

He's on his navy blue polo shirt, pants and boots. He's naturally good looking but his aura and body built is what made him more vigorous.

"Come closer," then he held her wrist and let him sit on his lap.

Charlotta giggles. "My stomach is getting bigger."

They are both staring on her baby bump. She's wearing a dress that made her stomach noticeable. Hindi na rin naman nila itinatago ang pagbubuntis niya. Sa katunayan nga ay kalat na 'yon sa publiko, showbiz news at social media.

And since she's popular, people also dig to whoever is the father of her baby. Their photos together became a hot topic before. Even their relationship from the start. People gets inspiration from their love story.

Wala pa naman siyang kinakausap patungkol sa tunay na kwento ng pag-iibigan nilang dalawa kaya lang ay dahil marami ang nakakakilala sa kanya, ang iba ay nagbigay ng opinyon kaya nalaman ng fans niya.

"Are you sure you don't want to get married yet?" he's caressing the engagement ring on her finger using his thumb.

"We will after I give birth."

Grego really wanted to marry her, but it came to her mind that she wanted to give birth first. Though, having a big stomach looked good on her, but she wanted to wear her dream wedding gown.

"We can do a civil wedding first. Then we will get married again... with you wearing your dream wedding gown. How 'bout that?"

He always has an option. Maganda ideya rin 'yon. Pwede rin naman na gano'n muna ang gawin nila. Grego really can't wait anymore. Gustung-gusto na talaga siyang maging asawa sa ligal na paraan.

"That will be fine-"

"Then let's get married tomorrow."

Tumawa siya at napapailing. "Bukas agad?"

"We can do it tonight. I'll call the judge. I have our papers ready already."

That what made her laugh more.

Grego Almendarez has nothing to prove anymore. She knew from the beginning that he truly loves her. She knew that she's the only one that he wanted to be with even until their next life.

Habang pinagmamasdan niya si Grego, hindi niya maiwasan ang magbalik tanaw.

Dati, simple lang naman ang mga pangarap niya.

Una; makapagtapos ng pag-aaral.

Pangalawa; magkaroon ng kaibigan.

Pangatlo; sana ay wala nang mang away sa kanya at huwag nang maliitin ang mga taga Sitio Verde.

Pang-apat; sana ay mapansin siya ni Grego Almendarez.

She viewed him as a mesmerizing sun in La Carlota that is impossible to reach.

So, to be noticed by him and to be his friend was something that she didn't really assume to happen. To know that he liked her was another story to tell. But what really amazed her the most was the fact that they became a couple and until that very moment she still have him.

She didn't expect that the fate has other plans for her and her dreams. Those dreams are bigger than what she thought.

It felt like the fascinating sun just fell on her hands when he told her that he loves her.

It was more than her dreams. It was beyond her imaginations. It was surreal. Who would've thought that she can reach that sun? That it is also possible to touch and feel? That the sun is also wanted to be with her? To touch and feel her?

Noong gabi na rin 'yon ay ginanap ang kasal nila. It happened very privately inside Almendarez's mansion. Yusef and Chantria were there too. Grego's father and her lola Salma as well.

Wearing an off shoulder laced dress in ivory color, open toe sandals, with her hair is a loose bun, while holding Grego's hand to slide a ring, Charlotta's mixed emotions are making her eyes in tears.

"I thought I couldn't reach you..." her voice cracked. "I thought you would remain unreachable..." she had to pause because she started sobbing.

Grego gently wiped her tears using his thumb with a small loving smile on his lips. The way his eyes sparks with adoration is really making her believe that he's damn so in love with her.

"... you were like a sun to me; mesmerizing, admirable, and impossible to reach. You didn't know how happy I was the first time you noticed me and when I became your friend. Kuntento na ako sa gano'n. Masayang-masaya na ako na napansin mo ako. Pero, 'yong kasiyahan na 'yon ay lalo pang nag apoy nang malaman kong gusto mo rin ako..."

His eyes squinted with a ghost of smile on his lips.

"I wanted to tell you how blessed I am that I have you. My friends right here are the witnesses how you changed my life. I wanna take this moment to tell you how grateful I was because I got the chance to be with you. May you always remember that I will love you in every possible way that I could. I promise to be a kind of wife that you deserve to have," she said with all her heart and slid the ring on his finger.

After they sealed their kiss, the people their clapped their hands.

It was very intimate which she preferred. Nang lumalim na ang gabi, nagpaalam na ang dalawa nilang kaibigan.

"Deserve ninyo ang isa't-isa," maligayang sambit ni Chantria.

"This is how I imagined the two of you. Finally, it happened as I expected ever since," Yusef said who seemed to be the fan of their love story.

Nagpasalamat siya sa mga kaibigan at hinatid ang mga ito ng tanaw palabas sa pinto ng mansyon.

"I'll just talk to the judge," Grego said then kissed her lips.

"Ihahatid ko sila sa silid niya."

Tumango ang asawa niya at tinignan kung nasaan ang lola nila. Naka-upo ito sa sofa at masayang pinagmamasdan silang dalawa.

Charlotta walked towards her grandmother and sit next to her.

"La..."

"Apo," wala pa ay nakita niya agad ang nagbabadyang luha sa gilid ng mga mata nito.

Her pregnancy hormones was the one that can make her more emotional. Kaya tuloy hindi niya rin maiwasan ang mahawa sa lola niya.

"Inaasahan ko na ang bagay na ito dahil ipinagpaalam ka na sa akin ni Grego kahit noon pa man. Pero iba pa rin kapag nasasaksihan ko nang harap-harapan ang pagmamahalan ninyo. Labis akong nagagalak na kayo ang nagkatuluyan."

Hinawakan nito ang mga kamay niya. "Terra, apo ko, ito ang pangarap ko para sayo noong malaman kong may relasyon kayo ni Grego. Pangarap ko na siya ang makatuluyan mo dahil alam ko na mabuti at totoo ang intensyon niya sayo. Alam ko na malalim ang pagmamahal niya dahil nasaksihan ko iyon simula pa no'ng una."

Pinagmasdan niya ang magkadaupang palad nilang mag lola. Against her milky soft skin is a wrinkled dark brown skin. Ang isa sa palatandaan nang mahabang buhay at mahabang pagdanas nang paghihirap.

"La, paulit-ulit ko po kayong papasalamatan. Masaya po ako na narito ka at nasaksihan mo ang pagmamahalan namin ni Grego. Sa sobrang saya ko po sa nangyayari sa buhay ko, hindi ko na alam kung ano pa ang hihilingin ko o kung may hihilingin pa ba ako."

Ngumiti ito kaya nangulubot lalo ang balat sa gilid ng mga maluha-luhang mga mata.

"Deserve mo ang lahat ng magandang bagay na nangyari sayo, Terra. Dahil mabuti ka. Ginto ang puso mo. Proud na proud ako na ikaw ang apo ko."

"Salamat po, lola Salma."

Nagyakapan silang mag lola. Napapikit siya at dinama ang pagmamahal ng matanda. Na isa sa naging ilaw niya noong mga panahon na nahihirapan siya sa sitwasyon niya.

"Nakatitiyak ako na masayang-masaya rin si Madame Fauna kung nasaan man siya. Dahil alam ko rin na ito ang pangarap niya para sa inyong dalawa ni Grego."

Charlotta's tears rolled down her cheeks more. Mas lalo niyang ipinikit ang mga mata at nakita sa balintataw ang magandang mukha ni Fauna Almendarez, nakangiti sa kanya.

"Tita..." she whispered then realized she should addressed her mother in-law the way it should be that she's now married to her only son. "Mama..."

It was an overwhelming feeling. Kahit pa ang kalungkutan at kasiyahan ay naghahalo dahil wala roon ang ina ng asawa niya. Siguradong mas masaya kung naroon ito. Kung pwede lang na iyon ang hilingin niya, ay gagawin niya.

Nang tuluyan silang mapag-isa ni Grego sa silid nila, naramdaman niya ang hindi maitangging kapayapaan sa puso niya.

Resting her head on his chest, while his arms are wrap around her, Charlotta closes her eyes and feel the tranquility of being with the man that she love the most and the only man that she will love until the moment that she was no longer breathing.

"You were the one that's impossible to have, Charlotta," his low baritone soothes her.

"Huh?"

"You said, I was like a sun; mesmerizing, admirable but hard to reach..."

"Yes, I said that."

"But you didn't know that you were like a sun rays to me; I may feel and touch you, but there's no guarantee that I will have you every time I want to."

She looked up on him to see his face, but what she got is a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I was always patient when it comes to you and I think I will always be. Para akong naghihintay palagi sa pag sikat ng araw para makita ulit kita. Tahimik na nag-aabang kahit isang sulyap lang. I've waited for the day to come that I can finally feel your hands on mine, for real. You were out of my league, it was difficult to have you, but I was fortunate enough that I managed to reach you and be mine."

He is her sun and she is his sun rays who was always waiting for her. One is unreachable and the other one is reachable but still impossible to make it stay. The good thing is, in real event, they can always be together even though the sun sets.

"Terra Charlotta Almendarez..." the solace on his voice put a smile on her lips. "You are the greatest gift of my life that I will cherish every single day."

She embrace her husband more and feel the beating of his heart against hers.

"May you always keep in mind that I will love you as long as the sun blazes in the sky. I will stay by your side like a knight to the queen. As long as my heart is beating, I will love and adore you, my wife..." he whispered wholeheartedly and kissed her lips.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Solandis 1: Flame of Desire missgrainne द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

2.6M 116K 47
Valeska Leigh Dampierre's life is in trouble because of her mother's greediness. Left with no other choice, she accepted a job to dance in a bachelor...
Temptation Island: Broken Ties Maki De Luna द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

4.6M 190K 39
Cecelib x Race Darwin x Makiwander Temptation Island's Monasterio Legacy
523K 30.3K 18
The future of Grande Cruises and the first-born son of the billionaire shipping magnate--Clinton Grande has learned to carry and control the weight o...
24.3M 710K 34
She was kidnapped by the mafia prince, Lander Montenegro, at the age of five. He stole almost half of her life, so it's only fair that he repays her...