The villainess and the crown...

Por laurenhouser908

Two best friends get reborn into another life together. One becomes the Villainess and one becomes the crown... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1: Alister's Awaking
Chapter 2: Elisia Awakens
Chapter 3: Elisia's outing
Chapter 4: Alister's Party Panic
Chapter 5: Elisia's promise
Chapter 6 Elisia's Villians Vow
Chapter 7 Party Time Part 1
Chapter 8 Party Time Part 2
Chapter 10 Knight's School?
Chapter 11 Training
Chapter 12 Doctor's Deep Dive

Chapter 9 Party Time Part 3

5 1 0
Por laurenhouser908

                                                                                           Elisia

I danced with Alister, Dimitri, and a few other men, but I've been unable to approach Keeper. He's been standing with Father Gothi this whole time watching everyone dance. It's honestly heartbreaking. I don't know if the father isn't letting him dance or if he just hasn't asked anyone. But I'm going to ask him to dance worst comes to worst he says no because Father Gothi won't let him. However, since I'm of high status it'd be disrespectful to my family if he said no.

I take a deep breath and cross the dance floor towards him. When our eyes meet he starts walking towards me as well. My heart beats through my ears.

We meet halfway through the crowd.

"May I have this dance?"

"You want to dance?"

We say at the same time. A blush goes across both of our faces. He takes my hand.

"I've been waiting for the chance to ask you to dance all night," Elisia says as they move to the beat of the song.

"I have been too, but every time I find you someone beats me to it," he says laughing lightly.

"Well, I'd be glad to have a dance to dance with you," I say giving him a soft smile. He blushes once again.

"Thanks. I wanted to thank you for your words earlier but in all honesty, I'm glad to be thought of as something of use," he says not meeting my eyes.

"Well, you're a person not just simply a thing. Remember that, the church isn't the only thing out there for you," I say looking him in the eye trying to make sure he knows that.

"But without the temple, I'd still be in spring alone and starving if not dead. You wouldn't understand," He says softly.

"You're right, I don't understand. But see it from my perspective too. You seem swallowed up by the temple. They treat you like you're some reborn creature transformed from the hands of the evil springs. They treat you like you're less because you were born in spring. They don't treat you like you belong here and that I understand," I say as he spins me. He stays silent for a few more moments longer.

"I don't care how they treat me as long my sister's belly is full. I'll take much worse than this so I'm glad I'm just a trophy," He says still not looking me in the eyes.

"I understand more than you think I do. Feeling like you have to prove something because of the way you're born, but you don't. I can't fully relate to your situation but I can sympathise. I know what it's like to be judged for the way you look or the way the power you hold makes you look," I say bowing softly to him as the song ends.

"Just remember you'll always have at least a friend in me, and that you are your own person. You don't owe the temple more than what you've given," I say as we part.

"I'll remember that thank you, Your Highness," he says bowing.

"Please, just call me Elisia, we're friends after all," I say smiling shyly. He said nothing more as he went back to his place next to Father Gothi. I sigh heavily as Father Gothi gives me a look that could kill. He doesn't like that I danced with Keeper.

I look around the room to find somewhere to hide for the rest of the event. It's roughly 9 pm still about 2 hours left in the party but most people will start leaving soon.

I go to the balcony to rest a bit. I open the door and see a girl dressed head to toe in black. She looks like a glass doll but goth. She was no older than ten. This is Penny the King's youngest kid.

"Mind if I take a break out here with you, Your Highness?"

"No, please do, I was getting bored anyway," Penny says.

"I like your outfit," I say leaning over the balcony.

"That's a first, but thanks anyway. I like yours too," Penny says her hands in a glove made of dark lace.

"So, not a fan of parties either?" I say shrugging.

"God, no at least not this one. The most exciting thing was you being a terror on the throne," she says bored.

"Well, I'm glad I helped entertain you," I say.

"So, why'd you do it," Penny asks.

"I want to be a knight and the only way I know how is to be such a bitch I make father put me in there. I'll annoy him to the point he loses his mind. I want him to do it because of me so he can eat his own words." I say shrugging.

"That sounds fun. What do you think of marquess Piper?" she asks. I groan.

"I think he's a fool letting that girl into her family," I say rolling my eyes.

"I agree. I've heard she's spending a lot of his money. I've also heard from the maids that she's a terror but in a bad way. That's why the Marquess didn't bring her," Penny says fanning herself with a lacey fan.

"I'd believe it, she seems like a bitch. I don't believe that she is the angel everyone thinks she is. I think she's after something, but I dunno what," That's a lie I knew exactly what she wanted, a reverse harem. She wasn't going to get it now.

"I heard she's already enrolled for the Knights academy," Penny said looking over at me.

"She may be enrolled but I'm going to make it and she won't," I said gripping the railing tightly.

"I see," Penny said smiling. Penny and I spent the rest of the night talking shit about the rest of the higher nobles.

"There you are your highness," someone said both Penny and I turn to look at each other confused.

I gesture between us, "Is that for me or for you?"

She glances behind us and sighs.

"For me, I think," she says and turns around. I laugh as I see the person's face go into shock as he realizes I am also standing there.

"Oh, your highness I didn't see you there," the man says I can't see their face, but Penny knows who it is without even seeing them.

"Your father is making preparations to leave," the man says. I groan that means I've lost my gossip partner and now I have to go to the royal family and bid them good evening.

"I'll follow you out," I say, bowing to her slightly. She rolled her eyes but went out anyway.

"You're a weird one," she said with a giggle.

"Indeed, I am," I say following her out. Upon getting closer I see a man in his older years his brown hair greying slightly his most distinct feature was his neat and tidy moustache.

An older man with greying brown hair and a well-kept moustache

"Mr Richfield, where is Father?" Penny's voice was more of a command than a question. Without another word, Mr Richfield took both of us to the king.

"Ah, if it isn't the life of the party," the king said as I approached. I bow deeply to him.

"If that's what you think your majesty then I accept your words humbly," I say still bowing.

"Why, of course! I've seen the high duke so Flustered before. It was honestly quite amusing." he said with a wide smile.

"Thank you, your majesty," I say coming up from my bow.

"Please feel free to come to the main place at any time, I think you and our court jester would get along amazingly." I blink surprised. An open invitation to the palace? I did this so Elisia's father would be outraged, I didn't think in a million years it would score me points with the king.

"Thank you for your kindness, your majesty, I shall take full advantage of that promise."

"Please do." He ended our conversation with that and left to give his farewells elsewhere. I look to the crown prince.

"Good to see you again your highness," I say bowing to him.

"You as well, Elisia," he said. That irked me. How dare he call me by my given name and not my title! We aren't that close. It is customary to say call me by my name first then the other party would say the same thing back if they were friends.

"I hope you enjoyed the party," I say standing once more.

"I did for the most part."

"Good, I shall see you soon," I say almost rolling my eyes at him. He sure is different before the main story starts he must really mature when he starts the academy.

"I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other much more often." As he says that he starts to walk off and gives me a relaxed wave.

I look to the younger prince. He seems frozen in shock. I laugh lightly.

"It's a shame I didn't get a dance with you today, your highness. You seem like a much better dancer than your brother," I say laughing as his cheeks turn a bright red colour.

"Thank...you," he says meekly not meeting my eyes. He was so cute. I just wanted to pinch his cheeks.

"I hope you had a good time," I said bowing to him. He started to get further flustered.

"You don't need to do that! Call me Brandon, please!" he said in a rush his face getting a deeper red. I raise an eyebrow at him. He sure was a shy one. He didn't know how to interact with a woman in men's clothing. He did kind of seem a bit conservative in the game, but here he was asking to call him by name.

"Sure thing, Brandon," I say. I'll give it to him he's still young no need to be as strict with him. Plus, he's so freaking cute. He reminds me of Oli. I say his name and he rushes off. I giggle he is something.

"Your highness, lady Penny," I bow to her.

"No need for that, Call me princess Penny. I'll be sending you a tea invitation soon so accept it. I'd like to continue to speak to you about the matters we were discussing earlier," She says walking away without another word.

"Quite the group aren't they?" I jump as someone sneaks up behind me. I turn to see Dimitri and Dakota.

"Good to see you two again," I say with a heavy sigh.

"You as well, your highness," Dimitri says.

"I'm beat," I say crossing the ballroom to lean against a wall. The twins follow me.

"I bet," Dakota says laughing.

"So, your highnesses, how are you two?" I ask feeling at ease with the two of them.

"I'll be better when we leave," Dakota says sighing.

"Yeah, I feel that," I say leaning heavily against the wall. My right arm started to throb after maybe the 2nd dance. This suit is hot as hell too. I feel like I'm sweating off a couple of pounds.

"You look tired." I jump and spin around and see Ollie standing there looking up at me with a blank stare.

"Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear, Oleander," I say shoulders slumped.

"You're welcome, all of our fathers have called for us," Ollie. Dimitri rolls his eyes earning a jab from Dakota.

"Lead the way," I say gesturing with my left arm. Ollie rolls his eyes and walks over to father.

"There you children are, it's about getting late. Most of the other guests have left. I think it's our turn to leave as well," Duke Marcus Evergreen said. His wife's doll-like gleam broke for just a second and I saw something warm yet calculated about her look. It was something close to pity.

"They seem to have quite a fun time," Father says looking at me with anger-laced eyes. He wanted to play these games I would bite.

"Yes actually, I did have a great time. This outfit was much better for parties than a dress. I could really follow the dance without those bothersome layers in my way," I say with a bright smile. At that father's face starts to turn red.

"I agree, that outfit is quite something," Duke Marcus says making my heart flutter softly. Father's face was getting angry.

"I'm so glad you could make it here with your busy schedule. I hope to see you soon, duke Markus and duchess Talia," he bows, Alfonse and everyone else in my family bows as well. I wait until they come back up to bow to him. He nods at me with a small smile.

"And much to the same to you, High duke Reygnheart. It was a pleasure to be formally introduced to you high duchess Nivia, young lord Oleander, and young lady Elisia," Duke Marcus Evergreen said also giving a bow. His family followed in tow.

Duke Marcus Evergreen walks off with his wife.

"I'll see you two soon! I'm close to getting into knight school I can feel it," I whisper to the twins as I wave to them.

"I can guarantee you'll get in. You're working really hard," Dakota said as the twins leave. Dimitri looked oddly pale at my words but said nothing more as he waved goodbye. I smile softly as they leave.

"So, which one of them is the one you have a crush on?" Ollie asks from out of nowhere. I blink at him confused.

"Neither," I say shaking my head. Dakota was gay and Dimitri wouldn't even dream of dating me. He's more into bashful women.

"Then why are you smiling like that?"

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like that," he said pointing to a mirror close by. I cringe my face is plastered with a wide grin.

"Oh," I say wiping the smile off my face.

"So which one and be honest," he says. I look over his shoulder and see the rest of the family leaving the room.

"Neither like I said."

"I won't tell them. I dislike them as much as you. well except mom. She's a bit smothering but good."

"I'm not lying, don't like either of them," I say blushing and getting flustered.

"Then who? I know you like the church's boy, Klaus Keeper, and don't you dare try to deny it, who is the other?" He drills me. Was it that obvious? I sigh with defeat.

"You're right about that one, but the other isn't one of the twins," I say looking away and towards the floor, "It's their dad. Duke Marcus Evergreen."

"Really? but isn't he old?" Ollie asks.

"I mean yeah older than us but not that old," I say looking away.

"Yeah sure, I think the oldest prince is good-looking," he says walking away. I watch him go flabbergasted.

Did Ollie just confess to me that he was gay?

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

319K 9.3K 25
Jody was reborn into a mob character in one of her favorite novels. She doesn't even realize until she witnesses the heroine in action. Ever since th...
4.4K 213 12
As an avid- but pretty unsuccessful- writer of fantasy fiction, I know that dragons are pretty much the pinnacle of existence. I dare anyone to argue...
1.5M 66.6K 34
The villainess who has reborn five times just wants to rest in peace. I am Odette, I was once an heiress who had it all, be it money, status or fian...
10K 408 29
Siri Walker is a 26 year old woman and a lawyer. She is an orphan and lives in New York. One day after winning a case she was returning home with her...