A Rejected Princess (Complete...

By Mys_AJ

"I, Alpha Asher Reed, reject you as my mate and Luna." He didn't blink. He didn't show a spark of remorse. He... More

A Rejected Princess
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Author's Note
Epilogue
Sequel
Spin-off

Chapter Thirty-Nine

248K 7.2K 868
By Mys_AJ

Asher

Eve plopped face-down on my bed. I sat at the edge of the bed and gently rubbed circles on her back. "Eve. Talk to me," I begged.

After Dr. Nale told her about his theory, Eve claimed that she was tired. I can tell that this is stressing her out. We were supposed to have fun on this trip, but now we're dealing with a witch casting a spell on our child that doesn't exist. Yet. "I hate witches," she mumbled into the pillow. "Why can't people just leave me alone?"

I gently pulled her off the pillow to reveal her red-eyes and tear stained face. "I'm sorry, Eve. I really am. I wish none of this was happening," I said softly. I brushed her hair off of her sticky face and held her to my chest.

"We can't have a kid," she whispered.

I sighed and kissed the top of her head. "We can have kids, just not right now. We'll undo the spell, I promise. I'll find a way to fix all of this," I declared. My heart shattered to pieces as she silently cried herself to sleep. I moved out from under Eve and pulled the blanket over her.

I kissed her forehead before quietly leaving the room. I walked to my office where Dr. Nale and Brian were still sitting of the couch. "How do we undo the spell?" I asked, getting straight to the problem. The sooner we figure all of this out, the sooner my future family will be made and safe.

"Only the witch who cast the spell can undo it," Dr. Nale informed me. "But if the witch dies, then the magic disappears, undoing the spell."

I nodded in understanding. "So I just have to kill the witch," I stated.

"But what if they were different witches?" Brian asked. "Sure, they did the same spell, but what if they really thought all of this through? What if they used different witches so if one dies, the other spell is still intact?"

My gut dropped. I thought this would be easy, but if Brian's right, then this could get a whole lot more complicated. Plus, we can't just go around killing witches. Dr. Nale sighed. "That is possible, but we can just think about this situation like there is only one witch. When the witch is dead, then you guys should feel the spell being lifted. If only one of you feel it, then we just look for the other witch. For now, we just deal with one," he suggested.

Brian and I nodded in agreement. "But where do we start? We don't have any leads," I stated.

"Didn't he work with rogues?" Brian asked. "That could be our lead. Barely anyone associated with rogues."

True. Everyone stays away from rogues. They are traitors, 85% of the time. I just work off of the majority. Basically, all rogues are dangerous until proven safe. It's general knowledge. All supernaturals know this. "Why would a witch and rogues even agree to work together? Witches usually don't even get along with werewolves," I voiced my thoughts.

"The both must get something out of it," Dr. Nale said. "So for now, let's make a plan."

"We can see if Eve knows anything," Brian suggested. "Maybe she actually saw him. We can ask about any tattoos or his hair color, things like that."

I nodded in agreement. "I'll do that later, I think she needs to rest," I said. Brian and Dr. Nale nodded in understanding. "We can go talk to a few covens and ask about anyone that would do something like this."

"That's smart. I have a few friends who are witches. I can make a few calls and tell them that we will be visiting," Dr. Nale stated.

"Alright. What do we do next?"

*****

Two hours later, we created a whole plan. In the morning, I would ask Eve about the witch, then we would travel around and ask the witches. We would work on leads that we got from them, and talk to packs about other rogues who worked with witches.

Hopefully, we would narrow the suspects down to a few dozen by then. It could possibly take weeks to even get another lead, but we're gonna start as soon as possible.

I slipped into my bed where Eve was still peacefully sleeping. I wrapped an arm around her waist and she instantly snuggled into me, softly purring. I kissed her temple before drifting off to sleep.

I woke up as Eve started wiggling under my arm. "What are you doing?" I asked sleepily.

"I have to pee, but your arm is heavier than the Hulk," she whined. I chuckled and moved my arm. Eve bolted to the bathroom and shut the door.

"Why the Hulk?" I asked curiously. "That's so random."

She emerged from the bathroom and started doing her hair. Don't ask me what hair-style she did, because I really don't know. She was just twisting and turning her hair. "Cause he like so hot with all his big muscles," she said dreamily.

A growl escaped my lips and I jumped of the bed and towards Eve. "Mine," I grumbled while tightening my grip on her. Gavin was mad about her statement, partially controlling my actions. "You can't like other people. You're mine," I whispered in her ear.

Eve giggled and pushed me away. "I was kidding. Why would I like a green guy?" she said. Eve walked closer to me and went on her tippy-toes so our lips were millimeters apart.

She softly brushed our lips together before rushing out the room. I heard her laughing to herself as she ran downstairs. "Tease!" I shouted as I ran after her.

I found her frozen in the kitchen. Women surrounded her and they all talked really fast and really loud. I chuckled and Eve's head snapped towards me. 'Help me,' she mouthed. I shook my head and started to walk away.

'Please, Asher,' She begged though the mind-link.

I almost went back. Key word: almost. I simply said 'Revenge'. Then went upstairs. I took a quick shower and got dressed for the day.

I literally bumped into Brian on my way out of my room. "Hey, man," I greeted him.

"Hey, Ash," he said. "Did you ask Eve about that witch?" he questioned.

Crap. "I kinda forgot," I sheepishly answered. Brian rolled his eyes at me and continued walking down the hall. I went downstairs once again and found Belle, Eve, and Peyton animatedly chatting on the couch. They were sitting on the cushions right next to each other. I quietly walked towards them and jumped onto their laps. My feet were on Peyton, my mid-section on Belle, and my head rested on Eve's lap.

"Asher!" they shouted in unison and attempted to push me off. "Why are you so heavy?!" they exclaimed.

"Why are you talking at the same time?!" I said, mocking their voices.

They all stopped pushing me and I smiled to myself, thinking that they gave up. "Asher," Eve whispered. I was face-down, so I couldn't see her, but she sounded sad. "Baby, you're hurting me," she informed me.

I instantly jumped up and knelt in front of her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I was just messing around. I didn't want to hurt you, I swear-" I cut myself off when I realized that the girls were laughing at me. I sent Eve an accusing look. "You lied," I huffed.

Eve rolled her eyes and pecked my lips. "Does that make up for it?" she asked. I shook my head and she kissed me again, but longer. "What about now?"

"One more time," I mumbled. She laughed and pressed our lips together.

"Gross!" Belle shouted. "I do not need to see my brother making out with his mate!" she grumbled before walking away with Peyton.

I laughed. "I think Belle was a little uncomfortable," I stated.

"Nah, really?" Eve said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at Eve and sat next to her with our hands connected on my lap. "So, we came up with a plan to undo the spell," I informed her, attempting to sound casual about it. She got excited, but I continued quickly so her hopes don't get too high. "But we don't have many leads."

Her face instantly fell. "So the plan won't work?" she asked quietly.

"It might work, if you can help us," I said. She cocked her head in confusion. "Did you see the witch that was with the rogues?" I questioned.

She thought about it for a second before slowly nodding. "He had dark hair and he's about your height and he looked kinda pale-ish."

I nodded, mentally taking notes. "Did he have any birthmarks or tattoos or scars? Anything that would make him stand out?"

"On his palm, there was a roman numeral two. It looked like a burn, but it also looked like a tattoo. It was like sticking out of his hand, but it was black," she explained.

A burn that looks like a tattoo, that's the weirdest thing ever. "Anything else?" I asked.

"His eyes," she said with a shudder. "They were grey. Not a speck of any other color. Just the black pupil and the completely grey iris."

Grey eyes. "Okay so, this witch has dark hair, about my height, has the number two on his hand, grey eyes, and his skin is like Edward's from Twilight," I stated.

Eve laughed and nodded her head. "Does that help?" she asked softly.

I quickly nodded my head. "Yeah. We were working off of basically nothing, now we have a description," I said proudly.

She brightly smiled, making Gavin howl in the back of my head. "So what's the plan?" Eve questioned. I quickly explained the plan about Dr. Nale and I traveling around packs and witch covens. "Y-you're l-leaving?" she asked with a frown on her face.

A single tear rolled down her cheek and I cupped her face and wiped it away with my thumb. Our new bond was making us more sensitive to each other. It would take a while to get back to normal. "Just for a while. I have to undo this spell. We can talk everyday, it'll be like I never even left," I said with a small smile. Eve still frowned and looked down at her lap. I watched as tears dripped from her face and onto the couch. I sighed and lifted her head up. I wiped her face before holding her to my chest. "I have to do this. It's for our future family, for us," I said softly.

"But you can get hurt."

"I'll be careful. Besides, no one would dare to mess with these guns," I joked while flexing my muscles.

A small smile spread across her face. Mission accomplished. "Actually, I think Hulk's 'guns' are bigger," she teased.

"Hulk's not even real," I grumbled. He's some mutant comic. How do you turn into some huge thing, but the waistband of your jeans still fit? The pant legs rip off, but the waistband stays on your body. That's just dumb and extremely unrealistic.

Eve giggled. "Neither are werewolves," she said jokingly before we both started cracking up. "So when are you leaving?" she asked seriously after we caught out breath from laughing.

"In a few days," I answered sadly.

Eve frowned, but gave me a tiny smile. "I guess we'll have to make the best out of these few days then," she stated.

I nodded in agreement. "These are gonna be the best few days of your life," I proclaimed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

770K 25.9K 41
Ava Anderson is a 17 year old who enjoys reading fiction stories, she loves reading about wolves a lot and all that reading keeps her busy and entert...
34.7K 1.5K 30
~Complete~ (This is the first time I am writing a story. I don't have any experience of writing a book but I will try my best to make less mistake an...
28.4M 1M 59
Highest Rank: #1 in Werewolf | A Featured Wattpad Novel Her mate didn't want her, so the Alpha King claimed her. WARNING: multiple chapters are PRIVA...
10.7M 331K 34
As an Omega, the lowest-rank werewolf in any pack, Claire is confident her smoking hot Alpha can't be her mate. But she's wrong -- not just about him...