A Tale of Two Sisters || Tang...

بواسطة Disneyfan_1235

Rapunzel has dreamed of seeing the floating lights, for years - Y/n has dreamed of one day finding her long-l... المزيد

☀️ Origins and Obligations ☀️
☀️ Mother Knows Best ☀️
☀️ A Thief and Some Thugs ☀️
☀️ Dances and Lanterns, At Last ☀️
☀️ Happily Ever After ☀️
💖 Kingdom Of Corona 💖
🍬 Meeting Vanellope 🍬
👑 A Tangled Wedding 👑
👑 A Golden Coronation 👑
🌻 First Season Introduction 🌻
🌻 Meeting the Alchemist 🌻
🌻 Rapunzel's Enemy 🌻
🌻 Fitzherbert P.I. 🌻
🌻 Best Birthday Ever 🌻
🌻 Challenge of the Brave 🌻
🌻 Cassandra v. Eugene 🌻
🌻 The Return of Strongbow 🌻
🌻 In Like Flynn 🌻
🌻 Great Expotations 🌻
🌻 Under Raps 🌻
🌻 Pascal's Story 🌻
🌻 Angry and Red 🌻
🌻 The Wrath of Ruthless Ruth 🌻
🌻 Max's Enemy 🌻
🌻 The Way of the Willow 🌻
🌻 Queen for a Day 🌻
🌻 Painter's Block 🌻
🌻 Not in the Mood 🌻
🌻 Quest for Varian 🌻
🌻 The Alchemist Returns 🌻
🌻 Secret of the Sundrop 🌻
🌕 Season 2 - Intro 🌕
🌕 Trust in the Alchemist 🌕
🌕 Beyond the Corona Walls 🌕
🌕 Crashing a Wedding 🌕
🌕 The Return of Quaid 🌕
🌕 Goodbye and Goodwill 🌕
🌕 The Forest of No Return 🌕
🌕 Freebird 🌕
🌕 Vigor the Visionary 🌕
🌕 Keeper of the Spire 🌕
🌕 King Pascal 🌕
Important Story Update

🌻 Attila The Bun 🌻

883 23 20
بواسطة Disneyfan_1235

[In Corona Village]
"Nothing makes me happier than a dream come true!" Rapunzel says, smiling as she stands near the red ribbon, ready to cut it with scissors.

It's a wonderful day, for the princesses! And for Attila, the pub thug who bakes delicious cupcakes! It's the grand opening of his new bakery! Despite wearing a mask, Y/n knows Attila is beaming. It's been his dream for as long as he can remember. Giving treats to one and all, sharing his love of sweets and everybody that Attila knows is there.

"Especially when that dream belongs to a dear friend, like Attila. So let me be the first to welcome.. Attila the Bun Bakery.. to Corona!" Rapunzel says, then cuts the long red ribbon with the scissors.

Rapunzel cuts the ribbon, but nothing happens. Nobody else is there, except for the Snuggly Duckling gang, Cassandra, Eugene, Y/n and Rapunzel - Varian couldn't make it, unfortunately.

Attila doesn't seem to care though, as he pulls out the speech that Y/n and Rapunzel helped him plan the night before. "Ahem. My mom always said that you can only get what you want out of life, by using the three C's: Crime, Carnage and Crime." He says. "I don't remember that part.." Y/n whispers, to Rapunzel. The older sister shrugs, with a smile.

"But thanks to Rapunzel, and her dear sister Y/n, who helped make all this possible.. I've learned there's a fourth C: Kindness." Attila continues. "Aw.." Y/n says, as she and Rapunzel smile at the skilled baker while his thug friends cheer.

"Uh.. 'Kindness' doesn't start with-" Cassandra points out, but Eugene shakes his head at her.

"Now, who wants a treat?" Attila asks, holding a large plate of cupcakes that are laced with pink icing, topped with bimberries. "I do!" Y/n says eagerly, raising her hand with a smile. Attila hands the youngest princess a cupcake, and she pays him.

"You know I love the cupcakes you bake! They're even better than the chef's, in the castle." Y/n says, then her eyes widen. "But don't tell him I said that." She whispers. "You're secret is safe with me, Little Princess." Attila assures the smiling fourteen year old, as Rapunzel steps forward. "One bimberry butternut, please." Rapunzel requests with a smile, taking a cupcake and paying Attila.

The rest of the thugs hurry over for cupcakes, but Attila stops them. "Hey, hey. Guys, come on. You've gotta pay for those, you know. I'm running a legitimate business, here." He tells his thug friends.

Not having any money, Big Nose puts his cupcake back on the plate, uneaten. Attila then turns to Hook Foot. "Hey! You know I'm good for it, right?" He asks, with a grin. Attila's dark grumble makes him and Vladimir return their cupcakes, uneaten.

"I want a cookie and a croissant and a baumkuchen and a muffin, and-" A little boy tells his parents, as they walk down the path together. Attila turns his attention to them and walks over, to be friendly as he holds out his plate of cupcakes.

"Good afternoon. Can I interest you in-" Attila tells them. "Mommy, look! Big, scary, no-faced man!" The boy cries, wrapping his mother in a tight hug. "Look, mister. We don't want any trouble." The father stutters, before the family trio takes off.

"Oh, let 'em run! You know, once word gets out about how good your baking is.. no one is gonna care that you are.. you." Eugene tells Attila. "That's not nice, Eugene.." Y/n says, crossing her arms at her brother-figure. "Besides, it's still early. Most people don't even like sweets in the morning." Rapunzel states, confidently.

"I want something sweet this morning!" They hear a child say. Rapunzel spoke too soon. It doesn't help that Attila the Bun is just opposite Uncle Monty's sweet shop. And all the people are more interested in his sweet shop, than Attila's bakery.

The sweet shop door opens, and the kind man (who doesn't like Rapunzel) steps out. Y/n clearly remembers how Rapunzel attempted to get Uncle Monty to like her didn't work out. So the two stay distant, giving each other dry nods of acknowledgement or blunt conversation.

However, that negative acknowledgement is definitely not the same for Y/n, who Uncle Monty adores - kind of like a granddaughter, or a niece.

As soon as Uncle Monty, Eugene and the pub thugs cheer him over while Cassandra and Y/n smile at him, with the youngest princess waving at him. She glances at her older sister, who sends him the biggest 'If looks could kill you' glare.

Uncle Monty walks over, with a friendly wave. "Hiya, kids!" He greets. He and Rapunzel then glare at each other coldly, face to face, making Attila look at the two in confusion. "Rapunzel." Uncle Monty greets, bluntly. "Montgomery." Rapunzel greets back, with an equally cold tone.

"What's going on?" Attila asks Y/n quietly, gesturing to Rapunzel and Uncle Monty. "They don't like each other, I'll explain later." She whispers. He nods.

"I just came by to wish my new neighbor good luck, and to be one of his first customers!" Uncle Monty says, gesturing to the cupcakes. This doesn't really surprise Y/n - Uncle Monty is perfectly kind to pretty much anybody that isn't Rapunzel.

"Wow! Oh, my goodness!" Uncle Monty says, smacking his lips at how delicious the cupcakes look. "I believe I will try one of these bimberry butternuts." He says, handing Attila the money.

Attila lets out a small chuckle. "They're my speciality! I grow the bimberries myself." He explains, as Y/n hands Uncle Monty a cupcake.

"Here you are, Uncle Monty." Y/n says. "Why, thank you, princess." The sweet shop owner replies with a smile, before taking a bite of the cupcake. After a couple of seconds, he grins and hums in delight. "Attila, these are bimberry terrific!" He compliments, popping the rest of the delicious treat in his mouth before walking away.

Rapunzel continues to glare at the sweet shop owner. She still can't help, but find their rivalry frustrating - Uncle Monty is the kindest, sweetest man to everybody in Corona.. but not towards her.

"Hey, Feldspar! You've simply got to try one of these bimberry butternuts! They're out of this world!" Uncle Monty tells the red-haired, lisping, Coronian shoemaker, before entering his shop.

"Oh, thanks, Uncle Monty! I certainly wi- woah! Oh, my! Oh, help!" Feldspar yelps, at the sight of Attila who only gives him a wave. "Oh, my- help! He's a giant man!" Feldspar panics, then runs away.

Attila looks down, sadly. "Don't you worry. Attila the Bun is going to be just as successful as the Sweet Shoppe. If not, more so!" Rapunzel assures him. "Uh-huh, and we'll all help! Right?" Y/n asks. The pub thugs cheer in agreement and Ulf claps.

"Hey, who can float me change for a carp?" Shorty asks, pulling a carp (fish) out of his white beard. Y/n shakes her head, almost gagging at the rotten fish.

Everybody splits off into different areas of the village. Eugene and Ulf try giving out free samples, with Eugene debating on whether he should break out his smolder (if he still can).

Hook Foot and Vladimir try a less positive technique - threatening people into buying their friend's treats. But this is immediately shut down, when a Coronian royal guard sees.

[Outside The Attila The Bun Bakery]
Y/n and Rapunzel try a tactic of the older princess' choosing, that her little sister is certainly reluctant about - wearing cupcake costumes, like mascots.

Attila helps Rapunzel into her costume, while Big Nose helps Y/n into hers. The youngest princess gives a little sigh, as she tries to move around the large costume. Rapunzel, however, seems to enjoy being the bakery's mascot.

"What is more welcoming for a bakery, than a pair of giant cupcakes? Hello!" Rapunzel says, as Uncle Monty watches from his shop window in disbelief.

Rapunzel reaches into her costume, and pulls out a small silver bell. "Now, to get people's attention." She declares. Y/n looks at the bell, wide eyed. "Uhh.. Rapunzel? I wouldn't." She advises, as Attila gasps. "Rapunzel, no! Not bells!" He tells her.
"Milton hates bells!" Big Nose adds, also wide eyed.

The brown goat, Milton, jolts up from his nap at the sound of Rapunzel ringing the bell. Bleating angrily, he charges towards her. "Milton, no! Down, boy!" She tells the goat, but then screams and runs when it continues to chase her in a swift rage. "Seek higher ground!" Rapunzel says. "Hi, ground.." Shorty mumbles, resting on the bakery windowsill.

"This could not get worse.." Y/n mutters with a hand on her face, standing by the bakery with a sigh. "Y/n, is that you in there?" A familiar voice asks, making the youngest princess' eyes widen.

Y/n figuratively bites the bullet and turns around to see her alchemy-obsessed best friend standing behind, puzzled by her cupcake costume.

"Varian!" Y/n blurts out, wide eyed, then clears her throat. "Hi." She greets casually, with a wave and a smile. Varian gives a small chuckle. "Hi. What are you doing? And why are you in a cupcake?" He asks, gesturing to the large pink cupcake costume.

Giggling awkwardly, Y/n feels her face heat up. "Uh.. it's to help my friend Attila with his bakery.." She explains, gesturing to the bakery behind her. "See, he isn't getting any customers so we're trying to boost business for him." She tells him, taking off the cupcake costume. She wears her regular blue dress underneath the costume, just like Rapunzel is wearing her purple beneath her costume.

"That makes sense.." Varian chuckles. "So, where's this 'Attila'?" He asks. "That's him, over there." Y/n answers, pointing to the helmet-wearing pub thug, running with Rapunzel and Big Nose. The young alchemist narrows his eyebrows, in disbelief. "Him? The guy with the helmet covering his face? He owns this bakery?" He asks. "Uh-huh! He's nicer than he looks, I promise." Y/n tells him, with a nod.

"Alright, I trust you." Varian tells Y/n, turning to where Attila, Big Nose and Rapunzel are. "Where are you going, Var?" She asks. "I'm going to go buy a cupcake. And since you're out of that costume, I figured you deserved a little break." Varian replies.

When Milton, the goat, isn't angry by the bell anymore, Varian approaches Attila to buy a cupcake. "Hey, can I buy one of those?" Varian asks, pointing to the cupcakes. "Oh, hey Varian!" Rapunzel greets. "Sure. Take a bimberry butternut. They're my specialty!" Attila offers, holding the plate out to the young alchemist.

"They are! He grows the bimberries, himself and they taste delicious." Y/n tells Varian, nudging him with her elbow playfully. He hums, intrigued, and takes a bite of the cupcake after paying for it. "Oh, wow! These are really good!" He compliments, with his mouth full. "I told you!" Y/n giggles.

Varian smirks, then pays for another. "Here. For you." He tells his best friend, handing her the other cupcake. "Aw, thanks Varian!" Y/n replies, taking it with a smile. "I've got to go home now, before my dad kills me. See you later!" Varian says.

"You've got icing on your cheek." Y/n tells him. "Huh?" Varian asks, then wipes it off, flushing a little embarrassed. He then chuckles awkwardly, before leaving. "Later!" He says, with a wave. Rapunzel waves to him. "Bye, Varian!" Y/n replies, waving to her alchemist friend as he runs home.

[A Little Later]
Attila sits by his bakery and holds the money in his hand, as the others approach him. "So.. how did we do, today?" Rapunzel asks. "Okay.. just a minute.." Attila tells her, then proceeds to count the coins. "..nuts. I lost count." He admits, looking down.

"Oh, here. Let me count, for you." Eugene offers. Atilla hands Eugene the coins and he proceeds to count them. "That would be five." He concludes, counting the one Uncle Monty bought, one each that Y/n and Rapunzel bought and two that Varian bought - one for him, and the other for Y/n.

"And me and Vlad been punching people all day." Hook Foot tells them, punching his fist. "And, nothing!" He concludes, with a shrug. "People just don't respond to threats, like they used to." Vladimir states, then scoffs. "People.." He states, shaking his head in disbelief.

Over at Uncle Monty's Sweet Shoppe, people groan and frown at his announcement of it being the time for his shop to shut, but the kind man chuckles, having compassion for those who want something sweet before dinner. "Ah, what the heck? Come on in!" He tells them, with a smile. "Thanks, Uncle Monty!" A boy says, as other people cheer.

Attila's shoulders slump and he looks at the floor, sadly. "Oh, I know what you're thinking, old friend. Sure, the Sweet Shoppe is a Corona institution. Monty.. Monty is a pillar of the community. Not to mention, hmm! His candy? Truly, it's as if magical sugar fairies descended from the heavens and sprinkled blessings on all of us. We are transformed by Monty, and all that he makes and the fructose of his life." Big Nose tells his thug friend, trying to cheer him up. Attila stands up and rests a hand on his plate of cupcakes in disappointment.

Rapunzel clears her throat firmly, silencing Big Nose. "Ahem! What Big Nose is trying to say, Attila, is never give up on your dream." She advises. Y/n holds her older sister's hand as they both smile at Attila. "Y/n and I believe in you." Rapunzel tells him.

Attila shakes his head. "I don't know, princesses. Maybe it was dumb to think a guy like me could ever be good enough to pull of something like this." He states, picking up one of his cupcakes.

Glancing over at Uncle Monty's Sweet Shoppe as the kind shop owner assures his customers that there are plenty of treats for everybody, Attila shakes his head in defeat. "Maybe some folks just ain't allowed to have dreams." He concludes, crushing the cupcake in his hand. The icing drips from his glove and the bimberries fall on the floor, as Y/n and Rapunzel look at him pitifully.

[The Next Morning, In Corona Village]
"I was up all night and I think I came up with some really neat, bell-free ideas to help Attila the Bun." Rapunzel tells Y/n and Eugene, confidently.

Eugene chuckles as his girlfriend's energy. "Wow! You are really committed to this." He realises. "I'm just tired of cutting ribbons and hosting parties and making appearances." Rapunzel points out. "A little something new in life would be exciting." Y/n adds.

"Well, Blondie, Kiddo, a statesperson's work is never done." Eugene tells them. "Being a statesperson is fine, Eugene. But I want to do things that really matter, to the people of Corona. Like, helping Attila." Rapunzel replies.

Rapunzel then pauses and turns to her little sister, when she gasps. "Y/n, what's-" She asks, before she sees for herself. "Oh, no!" Rapunzel says, noticing Uncle Monty's Sweet Shoppe in a complete wreck.

The shop is in a terrible state. It looks as though somebody has broken into it. "Poor Uncle Monty.." Y/n says, shaking her head in sorrow for him having his shop in such a complete mess. Rapunzel holds her little sister's hand comfortingly, as Eugene kneels down and picks up the Sweet Shoppe sign, wide eyed. "What.. happened?" He questions.

The three of them look at the shop, stunned. The display window is shattered, the door is broken, the sign has been smashed, and worst of all, Attila is led to a jail cart with chains on his wrists. "Excuse us, princesses." A guard tells Y/n and Rapunzel, as Attila is escorted to the jail cart. "I'm innocent, princesses! Innocent!" He tells them, sincerely.

"He's under arrest for vandalism. It-It's the Captain's orders." Stan explains. Y/n and Rapunzel stare in shock and disbelief, as Attila is forced into the cart. Stan notices their saddened expressions for Attila. "I'm sorry, princesses.." He tells them, before joining the other royal guards.

After the guards lock Attila up, Y/n and Rapunzel look at each other before approaching the door of the cart and watching Attila through it. "Guess it was right." He sighs. "Some folks just ain't allowed to have dreams.." He concludes. Rapunzel lets go of the bars on the door as the cart is pulled away by horses. Noticing her teary eyes, Rapunzel pulls her little sister in for a hug as they and Eugene watch the cart go, still shocked about what happened.

[Later, In The Castle Hallway]
"Dad, we know Attila is innocent! He wouldn't have done any of this!" Rapunzel pleads, as she and Y/n walk through to the throne room with their father.

"If the evidence is sufficient enough, then that's all I need to here girls." Frederic states, firmly but turns to his youngest daughter as she and Rapunzel approach the throne room. "You are not be involved in this, young lady." He tells her.

"What?" Rapunzel and Y/n ask, simultaneously. "This is a serious matter, Y/n. And you're just too young." Frederic says, with a hand on the youngest princess' shoulder. "But, Daddy, I have to. Rapunzel is, and we both know Attila didn't do it." Y/n says.

"Rapunzel is going to be queen, someday. I'm allowing her and Eugene, since this will be practice for her if she ever has to deal with a situation such as this." Frederic says. "But, Daddy-" Y/n pleads. "That's enough, Y/n. Children have no place in court." Their father tells her firmly. Rapunzel looks at her little sister sympathetically, before she and their father enter the throne room with Eugene.

Y/n frowns, leaning against the closed door of the throne room with her arms crossed. "I'm not a child.." She whispers to herself, sadly.

[A Few Minutes Later, In The Throne Room]
Rapunzel and Eugene wait patiently in front of Frederic and Arianna, with the guards and Attila to determine whether he is innocent or guilty.

"Court is now in session. His Majesty, King Frederic presiding." Nigel announces. "Attila didn't do it! Y/n and I know he didn't!" Rapunzel states.

"I'm sorry, your highness.." The Captain says, beside Rapunzel. "..not only does Attila have motive and no alibi, the evidence is overwhelming. There were two puncture marks in one of Monty's syrup vats that matched the horns on Attila's helmet exactly. When we went to question Attila, I found one of Uncle Monty's stolen secret family recipes stuck to the bottom of his boot. Not to mention, moments before the vandalism was reported, two of my men happened to see Attila in the area. When they called to him, he ran off? Why would an innocent man run?" He questions.

Rapunzel looks at Attila, who looks down sadly. "I'm sorry.." Frederic says, glancing up from the paper that Nigel holds out for him. "..but after reviewing the evidence and his previous record, I have no choice, but to exile  Attila to the prison barge of the lost sea." He concludes.

"No!" Y/n whispers sadly, listening in from the other side of the throne room doors. "This is crazy! He's innocent. Ugh, there has to be a way we can prove it!" Rapunzel says, determinedly. "I don't think we're gonna have time." Eugene tells her.

"Time.. time.." Y/n mutters to herself, then gasps. "Onus procedendi!" She realises. Immediately entering the throne room, despite her father's orders, she runs to her sister. "Y/n!" Frederic scolds. "Rapunzel, onus procedendi." Y/n reminds her sister. "Oh, of course!" Rapunzel says.

"What?" The Captain questions. "Uh, your Majesty, I would like to cite onus procedendi." Rapunzel tells her and Y/n's father. The Captain looks confused. "Wait, what is that?" He questions. "Ssh! It's Latin. Smart people talk. She'll go slow." Eugene remarks.

"You've really never heard of onus procedendi? The Captain of the royal guards?" Y/n asks, crossing her arms at him in disbelief before turning to her father. "Rapunzel and I have been reading all about Corona Law." She tells him. The king looks at his youngest daughter, in surprise. "You've been what?" He asks, as Arianna smiles proudly at her.

"It's true! And by onus procedendi, Attila can be granted a twenty four hour period to prove his innocence, provided that he retained the sponsorship of a statesperson. And I'm pretty sure that my sister and I being princesses qualifies us as statespeople." Rapunzel explains, proudly.

"They are correct, your Majesty." Nigel chimes in, as Rapunzel high fives her little sister proudly.

"Uh.. very well. Then you both have twenty four hours to prove his innocence, princesses." Frederic tells his daughters, who smile and curtsy politely before they leave the throne room hand in hand.

"You know, you should open a book sometime. It's really, really fun. Shapes make letters, letters make words, words communicate thought! Circle of life." Eugene tells the Captain with a shrug, making Y/n laugh as he follows the princesses out.

[Tuesday, 08:23pm, The Snuggly Duckling]
Y/n, Rapunzel, Cassandra and Eugene make their way to the Snuggly Duckling to check if any of the other pub thugs can help prove Attila's innocence.

"Everyone, listen up!" Rapunzel calls, gaining their attention. "We need to prove where Attila was last night. Can anyone give him an alibi?" She asks. Every pub thug stands up and raises their hand.

"I'm sorry. Can anyone give him an alibi without lying?" Eugene asks. They all sit down and lower their hands. Vladimir stands up again, but then sits down under Rapunzel's frustrated glare.

"That's the thing. Attila won't tell anyone what he did last night." Hook Foot tells them. "Only that he didn't do what they said he did. You know, Attila is actually a very, very private person. He's painfully shy." Big Nose adds.

Rapunzel raises an eyebrow, and Y/n narrows hers in confusion. "Attila doesn't seem that shy." She points out. "Ever wonder why he wears that helmet?" Hook Foot asks. "I just assumed he was repugnant." Eugene answers. "Well, obviously there's that too." Big Nose states.

"All right.." Rapunzel sighs. "If no one can vouch for Attila, then we're going to need hard evidence. I think it's time we checked out the scene of the crime." She suggests.

[Tuesday, 09:09pm, Uncle Monty's Sweet Shoppe]
Y/n, Rapunzel, Cassandra and Eugene investigate Uncle Monty's Sweet Shoppe, for evidence. "I closed a little late last night, and there was nothing out of the ordinary. But when I came in this morning, well.." Uncle Monty tells them.

Rapunzel gives the kind, shop owner an expression of pity for once. "I'm really sorry about your shop, Uncle Monty." Y/n tells him, sadly. "Oh, it's alright, Little Princess. I was thinking of remodeling, anyway." Uncle Monty replies, sweeping the floor.
"Although I suppose a few months ago, that thought never would've crossed my mind." He adds, straightening his Gopher Grab framed ribbon.

Rapunzel takes one look at the first place ribbon prize, then turns around to walk elsewhere. However, she jerks back with a gasp because she's gotten her foot stuck in a large sticky puddle of melted chocolate. Pascal, after leaping off of Rapunzel's shoulder, also gets stuck in it.

Eugene chuckles. "Are you sure you don't want to rethink the whole 'barefoot' thing?" He asks Rapunzel jokingly, before he helps get her foot out of the chocolate while Y/n helps Pascal.

"Yep." Cassandra confirms, after measuring the two holes on the barrel. "These are about as far apart as the horns on Attila's helmet." She concludes.

After picking up a note, Eugene laughs proudly. "Hey! Here's Monty's secret recipe for blondies, Blondie." He jokes, showing her the recipe.

As Y/n helps Pascal onto Rapunzel's shoulder, the oldest sister looks outside with a raised eyebrow. "What is it?" Eugene asks. "The door shards.. they're all over the sidewalk." Rapunzel identifies.

"But.. they're all outside. Shouldn't they-" Y/n asks, confused. "Yeah. Attila really did some damage, huh?" Cassandra asks, with an amused chuckle.

Rapunzel and Pascal send the Lady-in-waiting cold glares. "I mean.. uh, someone! Someone did some damage." Cassandra corrects, but it doesn't change their unimpressed expressions.

"Wow, smell that?" Cassandra asks, sniffing the air to change the subject. "Something in here really stinks, huh? Yeah, all the uh.. syrup in here must be.. going bad." She tells them, uncomfortable with Rapunzel's glare. "Hey, Cassandra. Uh, let's go see if we can find someone to remove that foot from your mouth." Eugene remarks, grabbing her shoulders and escorting her out of the shop.

"Listen, princesses.." Uncle Monty says. Y/n and Rapunzel turn to him. "..what you're both trying to do for Attila is incredibly noble. But, it's not looking good for him." He tells them, shaking his head.

Rapunzel hands Uncle Monty his recipe. "I know it's not, but Y/n and I are standing by him. That's what friends do." She tells him, then turns to her little sister. "Come on, Y/n." Rapunzel says, holding her hand. Y/n waves to Uncle Monty, before they leave.

[Wednesday, 03:59am, Rapunzel's Bedroom]
Y/n yawns, with the palm of her hand over her mouth, as she sits on Rapunzel's bed. The princesses and Eugene have been up all night, trying to figure out how to prove Attila's innocence.

"Ugh, something's missing." Rapunzel states, narrowing her eyebrows at her corkboard of plans and evidence. "Yeah, sleep." Eugene answers, laying on the large blue sofa in Rapunzel's bedroom, with his eyes half open.

"Blondie, it's 04:00am. Even Y/n's nodding off, over there." Eugene tells Rapunzel, gesturing with his thumb to the sleepy fourteen year old princess who has fallen asleep in her older sister's bed with her grey squirrel friend snoozing softly beside her.

"Eugene.. why don't you go get some rest, too?" Rapunzel asks, rearranging the papers on her corkboard. "No! No.. we are in this.. toge-" Eugene tells her firmly, but then immediately falls asleep. Rapunzel smiles, drapes a blanket over his shoulders, then gives him a small goodnight kiss.

Smiling in adoration at her little sister sleeping on her bed, Rapunzel lays Y/n on her pillow comfortably, letting her sleep in her bedroom.

"Rapunzel?" Rapunzel hears a small voice mumble. The oldest princess turns to her little sister. "Will we be able to help Attila?" Y/n asks, hopefully. Rapunzel sits by her little sister on the bed and holds her hand, comfortingly. "I promise." She assures her, with a smile. Y/n smiles back.

"Leave the rest to me, now. You need sleep." Rapunzel tells her little sister, after wrapping her in a warm hug. "I trust you.." Y/n mumbles, smiling a little at her older sister before sleep takes over. Rapunzel smiles softly at the youngest princess, gives her a goodnight kiss on the forehead then heads outside, with Pascal, to think.

Rapunzel sits on the fountain with Pascal snuggling against her knee, comfortingly. She smiles down at him, then sighs with a frown. "I don't know, Pascal. Maybe there is no way to prove Attila's innocent. Or maybe, he's not innocent." She admits.

"Oh, he's innocent all right." A voice states, making Rapunzel gasp. She looks around, anxiously. Pascal quickly hops upon her shoulder, also frightened. "Who's there?" She asks, startled. "Attila couldn't have been responsible." The voice tells her.

Rapunzel glances over at a figure standing on top of the castle's garden wall. Holding the lantern in front of them, the oldest princess sees who it is. "Old Lady Cr-" She asks, but then quickly corrects herself. "Ms. Crowley?" She asks, with a smile.

"I saw that halfwit plucking flowers from my garden right about when they said the shop was vandalized." Ms. Crowley explains. Rapunzel stares at the elderly woman in surprise, unsure whether to believe her or not. "You.. saw Attila picking flowers?" She asks. Confused by her reaction, Ms. Crowley frowns. "What did I just say?" She remarks.

"Do you think you could testify before the king, tomorrow?" Rapunzel asks the elderly woman. "You bet I could!" Ms. Crowley replies.

Pascal gives a happy squeak and Rapunzel gasps, overjoyed. "Oh, thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I know a lot of people give you a hard time, but I just knew deep down that you were-" She tells Ms. Crowley, beaming happily.

"I'm only doing this 'cause I wanna see that knuckle-dragging sod-horse get what's coming to him! No one messes with my plumbagos!" Ms. Crowley snaps, before sliding behind one of the trees and blowing out her lantern. "Okay, then.." Rapunzel replies, a little weirded out.

[Wednesday, 09:15am, The Throne Room]
Cassandra, Eugene, Rapunzel and the pub thugs meet in the throne room with the king, the queen, Uncle Monty, the Captain, the royal guards and Attila to determine whether he is innocent or guilty. Luckily, due to Rapunzel's instance, Frederic allows Y/n to stand by her older sister this time.

"Your Majesty, you have seen that the evidence undeniably places blame on Attila. Unless evidence to the contrary comes forth, I see no need to carry on." The Captain states. "I do." Rapunzel chimes in, stepping forward and raising her hand. "I call, to the stand, Ms. Hortense Q. Crowley." She declares.

However everybody, besides Y/n and Rapunzel, murmur in uncertainty as no one is actually aware of her real name. Even Y/n and Rapunzel's mother and father exchange uncertain shrugs. "Uh.. Blondie? You really shouldn't just be making up people. This is a court of law.." Eugene mutters.

"Wow.." Y/n mutters in disbelief, as Rapunzel groans. "Ugh! Old Lady Crowley?" She clarifies. "Oh!" Everybody says simultaneously, nodding in approval. The throne room doors burst open and Ms. Crowley appears, with her usual blunt expression. "Of course.." The Captain mutters.

[Wednesday, 09:27am, The Throne Room]
"That's right. I saw Attila that night. He was picking my precious plumbagos!" Ms. Crowley tells them.

"So, Dad, I think we can all agree that it's impossible for anyone to be in two places at once. The defence rests." Rapunzel states proudly.

"I just have one question. Old Lady- er, Ms. Crowley. Would you be so kind as to point to the man you saw picking the flowers?" The Captain asks. "Of course I can!" The elderly woman snaps, irritably. "That's him, right there!" She identifies, pointing at Big Nose. "Huh?" He asks, looking up from the small bouquet of blue plumbagos be was sniffing.

Y/n and Rapunzel gasp in shock, and Big Nose begins to cry. "I couldn't help myself! I'm a sucker for plumbagos." He admits, guiltily.

"Ms. Crowley, you told me you saw Attila the other night." Rapunzel recalls, gesturing to Attila. "That's not him?" The elderly woman asks. Y/n and Rapunzel shake their heads, and Y/n looks down sadly, hoping Rapunzel has more evidence - if that's all they've got, then Attila is doomed.

"How should I know?!" Ms. Crowley snaps, getting in the princesses faces. Y/n and Rapunzel flinch. "Those boys all look the same!" Ms. Crowley states, storming out of the throne room.

Rapunzel looks at Attila apologetically, as he sighs in defeat and Y/n exchanges pleading glances with her older sister and her father. Alas, it's no use. They don't have any more effective evidence.

"Then, I am afraid I have no choice." Frederic says, looking down with closed eyes before facing them all. "Attila will be exiled to the prison barge of the lost sea." He concludes, firmly. Y/n's eyes widen, as Pete and Stan escort Attila out of the throne room.

"Attila!" Rapunzel exclaims, running after him with wide eyes. Y/n gets a little teary eyed as she and her older sister watch their friend be led off, in chains, by the guards. For something they know he didn't do. "I am so sorry!" Rapunzel calls. The door closes in her face, stopping her from following them.

Rapunzel turns to her little sister, who sniffles sadly. "Oh, Y/n.." Rapunzel says pitifully, then approaches her little sister for a hug. Before she hugs her, Y/n looks up at her older sister in disbelief. "You promised.." She reminds Rapunzel, in a sad whisper. The oldest sister sighs guilty, and the two princesses come together in a warm hug.

[Wednesday, 01:48pm, The Dining Room]
Both girls are glum. Very glum. Rapunzel feels disappointed with herself. Not only did she let Attila down, but she also let her little sister down, too.
She made a promise. But, she couldn't keep it. However, little does anybody know, this tragically won't be the last time she makes that mistake.

Y/n feels very sad. One of her dear thug friends, who (like the rest of them) have proved that people shouldn't be judged by appearances, is going to be taken away to a prison barge for something that she, and her older sister, believe wasn't his fault. And worst of all, he doesn't believe in dreams anymore. He won't be able to run his bakery, like he's always wanted. The bakery that would have housed his delicious cupcakes, which are the youngest princess' favourite food of all time.

The two princesses sit at the dining table, not touching any of the delicious food. Not even the strawberry cake, which they love eating together. Even Bucky and Pascal aren't eating. Not even the bimberries, which they love so much.

"Girls, you gotta eat." Cassandra encourages. "How can I eat, at a time like this?" Y/n mumbles, pushing her plate of cake away from her. Then, she sighs and puts her head on the table in defeat.

Cassandra pats Y/n on the back, as her older sister nods. "Right now, Attila is being put on a ship that will take him away forever." Rapunzel states. "Don't remind me.. even though it's all I'm thinking of." Y/n says, still with her head on the table miserably.

Throughout the four hours and twenty one minutes between Attila's trial and lunchtime, the two princesses were just as depressed. Y/n stayed in her room, with Cassandra trying to cheer her up while the youngest princess cried into her pillow. Not even offering to take her to Varian's house worked. She was just too upset to do anything. Meanwhile, Rapunzel was trying to convince their Father to give Attila another chance - it didn't work.

"Look, Blondie.." Eugene says, with a mouth full of food. Then he swallows it before talking, again. "..I know you and Y/n try to see the best in everyone and I think that's great. But sometimes, you know, people let you down. Not us, but other.." He continues, then belches loudly. "..people." He concludes. Cassandra groans, in disgust. "You stink." She tells Eugene, holding her nose.

Rapunzel then gives a sharp gasp and immediately sits up, snapping out of her glumness. "Stink! That's it!" She concludes. "What's it?" Y/n asks, still with her head on the table. "You'll see! Come on!" Rapunzel says, pulling her little sister up.

[Wednesday, 02:02pm, Outside]
(And 00:27 seconds)
Y/n and Rapunzel quickly make their way through Corona, on Maximus, to stop the Captain before he sends Attila away forever. "Come on, Max! Fast as you can!" Rapunzel urges the white male horse.

"This will take you to the prison barge. You should be there in three days time." The Captain tells Attila, gesturing to the large ship beside them. The former thief/baker looks down in defeat, and proceeds to be escorted upon the ship. "Wait!" Y/n calls. "Don't leave!" Rapunzel adds.

The Captain's eyes widen and he, Pete and Stan turn around to see Y/n and Rapunzel riding up to them at full speed with Y/n's long golden streak and Rapunzel's long golden hair fluttering in the wind as Maximus runs faster. "Princesses?!" The Captain asks, stunned to see them. "Princesses?" Attila, on the ship, asks with hope lacing his voice.

Rapunzel hops off of Maximus and tosses her long golden hair. It lassoes around a wooden pillar, allowing Rapunzel to try and pull the ship back towards the docks. Y/n follows this up, lassoing her long golden hair streak around the same pillar. Although the wood creaks at the strength of their hair, the sisters tug with all of their might.

"Come on, Maximus!" Y/n says, and the white male horse helps to pull the hair while the Captain remains puzzled. "Princesses, we've been through this!" He tells them, sternly. "I'm sorry, Captain, but we're making a huge mistake!" Rapunzel insists.

"Just please, give us one more chance!" Y/n pleads. The Captain is eventually won over by their pleading faces and helps pull the ship back towards the docks. Y/n looks at him in surprise, but with all of their struggle, the ship returns.

[Wednesday, 02:28pm, The Docks]
"You have two minutes." The Captain tells the princesses, sternly. "That's all we need." Rapunzel replies, as she and her sister finish braiding her long hair. "Captain, Attila did not break into Monty's that might." Rapunzel states.

"Okay. So, who did?" The Captain asks, unimpressed. Y/n crosses her arms, with a smug smile. "Nobody." She answers, with a proud nod. "Huh?" The Captain asks, confused.

"The broken door pieces being outside on the sidewalk really confused me. Why would they be outside, instead of inside? That would mean somebody broke out of Uncle Monty's shop, instead of breaking in." Y/n points out. "That doesn't make any sense." The Captain states.

"Yeah. After listening to her explanation, I didn't think so either. Until I noticed that the door had a bell." Rapunzel states. "A bell? Princesses, where is this going?" The Captain asks, still unimpressed.
"I believe I can answer that!" A voice calls.

Y/n, Rapunzel and the Captain turn to see Shorty being hauled towards them by Cassandra and Eugene. "Look what we found at Monty's." Eugene says, gesturing to Shorty. "Just like you said, girls." Cassandra adds, smiling at the princesses. "Great, who's next(?) The mime(?)" The Captain remarks.

Shorty is released from the duo and the tiny drunkard staggers over to the Captain. "Two words, Admiral: sugar fairies." Shorty states, proudly.

"I once lent a walnut to a sugar fairy, and she never returned it. So I figured Monty's sugar fairies might know how I could get it back. 'Course, it was about then, I remembered it wasn't a sugar fairy that borrowed my walnut. It was a squirrel." Shorty explains, then he notices Bucky sitting on Y/n's shoulder. "That squirrel! And I let him keep it." He identifies, pointing to the small grey mammal.

"Bucky?" Rapunzel questions, turning to the grey squirrel on her little sister's shoulder. He nods, to confirm. "Bucky, why did you borrow a walnut? You don't even like walnuts." Y/n recalls.

"It wasn't for him, it was for that cat." Shorty states, simply. Y/n narrows her eyebrows, in confusion. "What cat?" Cassandra asks. "The weird goggle boy's cat. He ran out of apples, so he wanted the walnut." Short answers, proudly. "Weird go-" Y/n asks, then she realises and facepalms.

"You mean Varian?" Y/n asks Shorty. "Yes, my queen." He answers, grinning proudly. Y/n sighs at what has become her recurring nickname from Shorty, now. "Queen?" Rapunzel questions, in a whisper. "Don't." Y/n whispers back. She nods.

"And, raccoon. Ruddiger, not a cat." Y/n adds, before turning to Bucky. "You gave Ruddiger a walnut? That's so nice!" She praises. The small squirrel gives a cute toothy grin.

"Anyways, we ate. After our snack, Milton thought it would be prudent to take a nap. I wholeheartedly concurred. But then, the bell rang." Shorty continues. "I don't get it." The Captain states, bluntly. "Milton hates bells." Rapunzel clarifies.

"Luckily I recalled Rapunzel's advice earlier and sought higher ground, where I resumed the aforementioned nap." Shorty states. "That's why it smelled so bad in there." Cassandra remarks.

"I object!" Shorty states, pointing at Cassandra.
Then he sniffs himself, making him gag and cough.
"Withdrawn." He immediately corrects.
Cassandra rolls her eyes.

"So the goat obliterated the door, from the inside? And where is this goat, now?" The Captain asks. "Oh, probably not too far. Never is." Shorty answers, whistles slightly. "Goat." He calls, simply.

Milton immediately snaps awake from his nap in one of the dock boats and he rushes to Shorty's side. The tiny drunkard then gives the goat a hug. This makes Y/n smile and she gives Milton a hug.

"You see, Captain? It wasn't Attila's helmet that punctured Monty's chocolate drum. It was Milton's horns." Rapunzel says, kneeling down beside the goat. Shorty then gives Milton a lick, to everyone's disgust. "Mm, I love me some goat." Shorty states.

The Captain stares down at them, unimpressed. "Then why did we find stolen recipes on Attila's boot?" He asks. "Those recipes got tossed all over. Even onto the sidewalk. Attila must've stepped on one, just like Pascal did, and then it came unstuck back at his bakery." Rapunzel suggests. "That's a bit of a stretch." The Captain states.

"Everyone who was near the scene of the crime, check your boots." Rapunzel instructs. Everybody obliges and, sure enough, they have more recipes stuck to the bottoms of their boots/shoes.

"Captain?" Y/n asks. "Huh?" The Captain asks. Rapunzel points to his boots, silently telling him to check. He groans, then checks his boot. Sure enough again, there's a recipe under there.

After a moment of silence, the Captain comes to a conclusion. "Uh, clearly there's been a mistake. Attila, you're free to go." He tells him.

Everybody cheers, as Pete removes the chains from Attila's wrists. Rapunzel applauds, giving Attila a hug and then he lifts the youngest princess into the air, making her giggle as everybody celebrates.

[A Few Minutes Later]
Everybody makes their way back to Corona.
Some on horses and Shorty on Milton.

"I can't thank you enough, princesses. Almost everyone gave up on me, except you two." Attila tells Y/n and Rapunzel. "Aw, you're welcome. I guess when we really believe in something, we don't give up on it. Conviction." Rapunzel states.

"Hey, conviction could be your fifth 'C'." Y/n tells Attila, making him chuckle. "Yeah. Too bad it starts on a 'K'." He replies. Y/n shrugs, in response. "'Conviction' doesn't start with a-" Cassandra points out, but Eugene shakes his head at her.

"Attila, I have a question. Where were you that night?" Y/n asks, curiously. "You won't tell?" Attila whispers. Y/n and Rapunzel shake their heads. "Okay.. I was afraid Attila the Bun was a mistake. I don't know nuthin' about runnin' a business, princesses. I just wanna bake. That's my dream. But everyone was so proud, and I didn't wanna let anyone down. So sometimes, when I get stressed, I sneak out to my bimberry patch in the woods and I sing to them." Attila admits.

Rapunzel smiles at Attila. "Well, your secret is safe with us. It's just too bad about the business part. If only there were someone in Corona who could help out with that." She tells him.

This makes Y/n get an idea.
"Maybe, there is.." She suggests.
Rapunzel smiles proudly at her little sister.

[Later]
"And it is with great pleasure I reintroduce to you Monty's Sweet Shoppe with Pastries by Attila!" Rapunzel declares, before cutting a red ribbon in front of the shop which is now Uncle Monty's and Attila's. The large crowd of people cheer and applaud, as the two shake hands.

While Rapunzel stands in front of the shop, Y/n stands with the audience and feels a tap on her left shoulder. She turns to the left - nobody there is responsible. She then turns to the right - her alchemy-obsessed best friend stands beside her.

"Hi!" Y/n greets, hugging him. "Hey, Y/n." Varian greets, hugging her back. "Bimberry butternut?" She offers, holding a cupcake out to him while holding one for her. "How did you-" Varian asks. "Attila let me have two for free. Call it a 'Thank you' for buying me one before." She replies, with a smile.

"Thank you." Varian replies, taking the cupcake. "You're welcome." Y/n replies, taking a bite out of her cupcake. A cheeky smile then appears on her face. "There's icing on your nose." She tells Varian.

The young alchemist chuckles. "I haven't even taken a bite out of-" He points out, but gets interrupted when Y/n playfully dabs some of the pink icing, from her cupcake, upon his nose.

This shocks Varian at first, but then he sends his best friend a playful glare. "You will pay." He remarks jokingly, then readies himself to throw his cupcake at her. Y/n giggles, before running carefully through the crowd of people with nearly-blushing alchemist playfully chasing after her.

"Here, Monty. I tracked down all your recipes for you." Attila says, handing the recipes to Uncle Monty, who looks at them with narrowed eyebrows. "Wait, are you still upset?" Attila asks. "Oh, no, son. It's these silly glasses I'm always forgetting to put on." Uncle Monty answers, then puts on a pair of circular glasses.

"Rapunzel, I'm proud of the way you represented Corona today." Frederic tells his oldest daughter. "Thanks, Dad. But it wasn't all me-" Rapunzel points out, then pauses when she scans across the area, looking for her little sister. She eventually spots her, wiping the pink icing off of Varian's nose with a tissue. Rapunzel can't help, but smile.

"Uhoh, someone's gonna be queen before you." Eugene jokes, to Rapunzel who nudges him in response. "Very funny, Eugene(!) She's just a kid." Rapunzel replies, smiling at her little sister.

"Monty, I can't thank you enough for giving me this chance." Attila says. "It's what friends do!" Uncle Monty replies, pulling off his glasses. "Now, come on. Let's give you the grand tour. I got new counters, new shelves, I even got a new door chime." He tells Attila, approaching the door.

"Yeah, I see-" Attila chuckles, before he realises. "Uh, wait a minute. Door chime?" He asks. "Hey, everybody. Who wants a treat?" Uncle Monty asks. He pushes the door open and the bell jingles.

"Uhoh.." Y/n says, in realisation. "What?" Varian asks, confused. Just as expected, Milton jolts up at the sound of the bell and bleats angrily. The alchemist's eyes widen. "Oh." He acknowledges. Hand in hand, he and Y/n both run out of the charging goat's path, as does everybody else. Luckily, Milton doesn't trash the shop again.

Question Of The Chapter!
Favourite Underrated Tangled Song?
My Answer: The Buddy Song! I absolutely adore this duet between Eugene and Lance.
And the harmonies? Perfection!
Yours?

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

2.6K 49 18
A long-lost princess and a long-lost Alchemy with the longest hair imaginable named Rapunzel and The science Alchemist named Varian, has spent their...
8.7K 152 16
(aka "Alone?") I adopted this fanfic from @CartoonsAreAmazing. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Varian has been groomed and abused by...
23.4K 946 45
-Y/n was the beloved princess of Corona, positioned perfectly to inherit the throne- until Rapunzel returned, taking everything she had, leaving her...
3.3K 35 1
Rapunzel along with Judy return to the kingdom of Corona, only to find it is taken by a old enemy. Now Rapunzel have to use her inner strength to sa...