crimson veil of the moon

By vanaaa___

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng drifted centuries apart from each other when one of them dies protecting the other how... More

prologue of questions
unveil-I
unveil - II
he of the many masks
uncomprehending him
noticeable sentimentality
concealed thoughts
us in a wicked pretense
eclipse of you
darling of the heavens
you are my eternity
caped flames
enamour of paradise
melody of tragedy
day of prophecy
sleep of death
Haunting silence
demolition of the soul
tragedy of existing
tragedy of existing-II
us withered in ashes
monarch of the shadows
sword of a thousand twilights
monochrome cape of lies
dethroned devotion
invisible museum of lurking shadows
yearning of the moon
ballad of the heavenly emperor
crimson veil of the moon
divinity under influence
silent cry
a misty memory
scarlet clouds
detest devotion
act:IV
youth in hell
art of the fallen
sunset of the soul
crimson against twilight
fallen for pain
pretense-I
pretense-II
pretense-III
pretense-IV
pretense-V
unveil: no devotion
faint of heart
dear ghost
crimson veil of the moon
alternate ending- I
alternate ending-II
alternate ending-III
alternate ending-IV
alternate ending-V
alternate ending-VI

ghostly devised

214 17 10
By vanaaa___

"LIAN!!!" 

Ah, it's Shi QingXuan, do i seriously need to pretend again? I'm too tired for this shit, i'll let it slide today. 

"Hey, Shi." a soft smile appeared on my face. 

"Do you know there is a dance competition taking place within two weeks?" He said with eyes shining like those of a star. 

"I do not and don't want to." I said as i proceeded to take my seat for the boring ass lecture that was about to begin. 

"Oh come on, let's participate, we will have a blast together!!!" 

"Why are you getting so pumped over a dance competition? No way. Is He Xuan participating in this stupid competition?" 

"H-HOW DID YOU COME TO THAT CONCLUSION?" a visible smirk appeared on my face, he is too predictable.

"Because i am your friend-"  just before i could finish that sentence, god i have been interrupted like a billion times already. 

"Good morning students, well before we begin the lecture today, as you might have been informed of the upcoming dance competition, i have chosen six students from this class, before any of you start complaining I have consulted with your dance teacher Mr. E-Ming and he very well agrees with my choices, so i shall hear no objections to this, 

These students can meet up with Mr. Ming, after i announce their names, i ought to receive the signatures of your parents on these forms by the end of the week, alright so first off we have Shi QingXuan." Ms. Huang asserts. 

 Of course he is chosen, he must be dying out of excitement but weirdly enough i felt happy for him. 

"He Xuan." 

Wow, i didn't see that coming at all. 

"Wei Wuxian." 

"Who is that Shi?" i whispered.

"You have never noticed him? you are living in delusions Lian, this guy is if not the most ecstatic we have in our class." 

"Ah really, well what a pain." 

"Lan WangJi." 

I'm sure i hear hooting at the back, must be those chicks crazing over this guy. 

"Hua Cheng." 
My eyes widened upon hearing his name, he dances? I immediately find myself tracing him in this class of rats, and i spot him sitting at the back ,near the corner, his beige hood covering his silky hair, he looked sculpted, yet his presence was unfelt but i could sense it. He is like a ghost. 

"My My, aren't you a little shook to hear his name Mr. Lian?" 

I pay no heed to Shi QingXuan's comment, I just keep staring at him, unintentionally.  

"Now last but not the least, Xie Lian." 

Did she just say my name? What the fuck, i've never attended a dance class once in my life, how the fuck did i get selected. I instantly revert my gaze back to Ms. Yushi, ain't no fucking way i am dancing. 

"Sorry to interrupt Miss, but I have never once attended the dance class, how is the possible i get selected for this competition, I am certain there are candidates much more talented than me." i say.

"Well Mr. Xie, if that would have been the case Mr.Ming, would have briefed me about it but he did not, and i did make myself clear that i would hear no objections." 

"But-" 

"I will hear nothing Mr. Xie, now all the selected students please make your way to the dance room, and fill out these forms." 

I instantly slam my fist on the table though it didn't get much attention, i could see that asshole Hua Cheng smirking, this bitch. 

"well well Lian, calm down, it's just a dance competition." 

It's not you dumbass, this is terrifying for me, this is my worst nightmare, not only did Hua Cheng see me cry in the morning, now i have to dance in front of him? THIS IS BULLSHIT FUCK MY LIFE.

"It's not, and i won't participate in this good for nothing competition, i will make sure of it, as of now i will tolerate this crap." Nobody knows even i don't know how i was able to contain my anger.

"Now, Now, Let's leave, we can talk in the dance room." 

"yeah whatever." 

I still feel his gaze upon me, what a fucking creep. As i walk through these empty corridors, the silence, it's good, it's therapeutic but this motherfucker Wei Wuxian had to ruin it.

"OMG!!! LAN ZHAN WE HAVE BEEN SELECTED, ALL THAT PRACTICE DIDN'T GO IN VAIN!!" 

Oh utterly shameful human, you have torn my ear drums apart. 

"You know i don't give a shit about your excitement, keep your loud ass shut." He Xuan says in his dominating tone. 

"Oh just when i had lost all hope that every one here is without a brain, you prove me wrong." I reply. 

"YA!! Lan Zhan look they are all teasing me." not this bitch making those puppy eyes and latching onto this guy who is definitely a mime. I practically gag at the sight and so did someone else.

"One more word and i will dig your grave here." Hua Cheng commands. 

Ah, i might actually be falling for him. 

Just as we enter the dance room, we find it empty, oh good heavens, god bless the heavens. Finally some peace at last. 

"Are you serious? we walked all the way just to find an empty room." Shi QingXuan says visibly melancholic, i don't know why. 

"What you being sad for? It's better this way." i reply, as i sat down on the floor, letting out a sigh of relief. But this Hua Cheng proceeds to sit near me. 

"What are you doing you fucking creep?" 

"You don't own this now do you?" 

This bitch.

"Do whatever you want." 

"Oh come on guys, you guys are such cockblockers, we're here to dance so let's dance." Wei Wuxian says jumping around in excitement. 

"You know words like 'cockblocker' i thought you were an elementary school kid." i say. 

"You know it's not actually a bad idea, that's what we're here to do and i wish to not waste my time." Lan Zhan spoke. 

"Oh, you actually have a mouth, interesting." He Xuan says. 

"Okay can we like stop, this is getting out of hand and Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji aren't wrong, we have been selected for a competition, we should at least try and make an effort." Shi QingXuan replies, weirdly enough he sounds like a leader. 

"Do whatever you'd like, just don't disturb me." 

"OKAY!! now that's settled He Xuan and Shi QingXuan would you want to dance in pairs or as a group?"

"I prefer pairs." He Xuan spoke, despite the no-fucks given attitude of his, he still manages to put Qing Xuan in weird trance every time, i wonder how that works, maybe he has a thing for bad-boys. 

"Alright then, Me and Lan Zhan, and you and QingXuan can work as pairs." 

"S-sure." Shi QingXuan replied. 

After an hour of constant of noise music and their senseless dancing, the hour of hell was over. And before realizing it, i was dead asleep, how do i always sleep in these situations?

As i wake up, i found myself staring at him, still in half-asleep state, it took me a second to realise i was laying on Hua Cheng's lap, fuck off. 

Of course i jolted awake.

"Why do you always wake up like a maniac?" 

"That's what happens when i wake up to a ghost." 

"I'll take it as a compliment." again he smirks, his bloody smirks. 

"Anyways since everyone is gone, i shall take my leave too, i don't even know what time it is." just when i was trying to leave, he held my wrist again, something about his touch stirs a sensation into me that i am unable to comprehend, the only thing i do is just feel his gentle touch. I look at him. 

"Dance with me." 

Unusual request like his unusual self. 

"i can't dance." 

"You don't have to do much, just trust me." 

That's one thing i can't do, i don't trust anyone. 

"I don't want to waste my time." i try to escape his grip but i can't. 

"Lian, just this once." his voice sounds desperate. 

"only 5 minutes." 

He smiles,"that's more than enough." 

He takes out his phone and plays an unfamiliar song but it sounds soothing. He slowly holds my waist taking soft turns. 

"Which song is this if i may ask?" 

"fallingforyou, now just trust me and let yourself let loose." and that is what i do, i let myself trust him, i mean it's just a dance. (you guys can play the song now, just to add to the mood hehe)

He lets his hood down, his strands of hair slightly covering his ghostly sculpted face, i find myself moving to his body, slowly and steadily, with each move, i find my heartbeat growing faster, his soft breaths are bathing me, his poetic eyes are latching onto my soul, i am dissolving in his mystique, his king sized frame overbearing my desires,  what is this yearning ?This is a fatality. 

That's when i feel his lips connecting with mine. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 138 5
If Xie Lian made a different choice. (In a similar style to 'Call me home' if you liked that story maybe you'll like this one? This was written as a...
4K 374 18
This story line start where 'Fire Fly' end, as Immortal Lan Yi predicted that Wangxian couple will be ascended Godhood within six month. When the sa...
15K 486 10
A Canon Divergent HuaLian fic set during/after S2 E5 of the Donghua! Xie Lian can't bare the sight of Hua Cheng left looking so sad as he stands in h...
67.3K 2.9K 33
Dream series Season #1 A story wherein Hua Ying ran away from the ghost and heavenly realm and cut off all his contacts with his parents (Hua cheng...