A Journey I'll Always Remembe...

Da unknown8363

(Y/N) is the daughter of Bilbo Baggins, she is a curious, kind and loyal young lady who has always wondered w... Altro

Life In The Shire
The Encounter With A Wizard
Unexpected Company
Feasting With The Dwarfs
A weird night
I'm going on an adventure!
Trolls
On the run from Orcs
Rivendell
Thunder Battle
Goblin Town
Back together once again
Out of the frying pan and into the fire
Seeking Refuge
Mirkwood
Caught In A Web
Stuck In A Cell
Our Big Escape
Lake-Town
A Night of Love and Dancing
Being Left Behind
The Beast has woken
Healing Kili
Lake-Town has fallen
The Aftermath Of The Dragon
The Kings Sickness
Decisions And Caught
A Wall Devides Us
Training
He Will Have War
Standing Down
Apologies And Forgivness
I Can't Do This
Off Too War
Ravenhill
The End Of The Bloodline
The Final Goodbyes
A Mended Heart
The End of a Journey
Back To Where It All Began
Receiving A Letter
Back On The Road Once Again
Back To The Lonely Mountain
Meeting The Family
The Funeral
Going Back To Lake-Town
An Eventful Night
The New King
Before The Big Day
Till Death Do Us Part
Spreading The News
EPILOGUE
AUTHORS NOTE

Going Back Home

486 12 3
Da unknown8363

I woke up to be blinded by the sun, i squinted and covered my eyes. However, when I rolled over I was met with a wide, empty bed, but I could tell he was still in the room by the way his boots walked along on the woods. Kili was awake but I didn't want to open my eyes just yet. I laid on my stomach, put one hand under my pillow and bent my other knee so I was spread across the double bed even with my hobbit frame.

"Morning, my One." I heard Kili from across the room. I mumbled back some form of a "no" and tried to bury myself deeper into the quilt. I could hear him walk over to the bed and drop down beside me. I turned my head and prided my eyes open, Kili was squatted down next to the bed and was already looking at me.

"We have to leave soon." He said quietly. I groaned and rolled onto my back. "Must we leave so early? Just 5 more minutes." I swatted the air. Kili chucked. "It's nearly 10 o'clock, I have given you way longer than 5 minutes. I've found you some food, everything's packed and the ponies are outside waiting."

Ugh he's right. I should get up now. Using all my body strength I pulled myself up and sat up, propping myself up by my elbows. I adjusted my eyes to the light beaming in through the window.
I brushed a hand through my hair and sighed when I felt it tangled and sticking up in different places. The last thing I wanted was a mirror right now.
"I'll leave you to get ready, if you need me I will be somewhere near here." Kili kissed my head and walked out, closing the door behind him. "Bye." I waved after him.

Once he was gone I stepped out of bed and stretched my arms above my head, andthrew my arms down before dragging myself over to the mirror. I inspected my face, and I looked like i'd been out the whole night. "God." I wore the same outfit as yesterday but this time I didn't put on my tights and gloves, I just folded them up and put them in my satchel. I also pulled my hairbrush out my bag and attempted to brush the knots out. I flinched when it really hurt, but after a long time of brushing I finally managed to get my hair back to its long, wavy, thick self. I figured today I would just let it flow down to my waist and be free.

I hate leaving a room messy so when I hauled my satchel over my shoulder I walked over and made the bed. It's always been the first part of my day, a pro to growing up in the Shire, we hobbits are always really neat and clean freaks, well at least Bilbo is. I believe i'm more neat than a clean freak.
Kili's bags had already been brought down to the ponies and I'm guessing Kili put my boots and other belongings into his bags because his bags and mine were no where to be seen.

I did one final check of the room and made sure we had everything I walked out the room and lowered the latch on the door. I blew out a breath and looked down both ends on the hall. Now, I have to find Kili somewhere in this manor. So, for the next 10 minutes, I set off to find Kili or anyone in this labyrinth.

After searching and being unsuccessful I decided to just go outside to the ponies and wait. Once I made it to the bottom of the stairs Bars, Bain, were sitting on armchairs and Sigrid was sitting on a stool, braiding Tilda's hair who was sitting in front of the fireplace. I walked over to them to say goodbye. The closer I got they hadn't seemed to take any notice of me so when I spoke up they got quiet a fright.

"Well, Kili and I are off now. Thank you for letting us stay in your home." Tilda gasped and turned around, Sigrid put her hand on her heart. "You scared me!" Tilda giggled. "Yes, you gave us quite a fright." Sigrid said polite as always. "I'm surprised we didn't hear you coming." Bain spoke up, I haven't heard from him for a while. "I am a hobbit after all, sorry I gave you all such a fright. As I said, Kili and are about to make our leave now so I though I should bid my goodbyes."

They all stood up and got in a "line" to say goodbye. Bain was first and he gave me a hug with a quiet "bye" before shuffling away so his sister, Sigrid, could get past. She had to bend down to hug me, she crouched down and wrapped her arms around me, once she was done she let go of me and next was Tilda. She looked pretty upset to see me go so when she hugged me she threw herself into me and squeezed me.

"I don't want you to go. Stay for just a bit longer." She begged. I pulled away. "I can't, I have to go home, but you'll see me again soon for my wedding.
She gasped and looked at me. "We're invited!?" She grabbed her hands at her chest with wide, bright eyes "Yes, of course you are, all of you," I laughed. My laughter died down and I looked at the four of them "Your four are part of the reason I am still here." Bards eyes softened and he nodded his head, silently thanking me.

Tilda on the other hand was jumping up and down whilst squealing, she bounced around the room and twirled whilst she singsonged "I'm going to the wedding, I'm going to the wedding." she giggled. I smiled at her excitement. Finally, it was Bards turn. He placed a hand on my shoulder and looked down at me with soft eyes. "It's been a pleasure you staying with us. I am glad we will be reunited soon until then, stay safe."

"I will. Thank you Bard, not only for these two days but thank you, for everything. I haven't had the chance to tell you how much you have done for me, for all of us. If it wasn't for you, well, I wouldn't like to think about where we would be." Bard smiled and took his hand off my shoulder.

"Right!" I picked my bag off the floor "I most go and find Kili. Goodbye!" I called back as I opened the main doors. I struggle for a minute because the doors were so heavy compared to me "Bye (Y/N)!" They all called, I could hear Tilda the most.

I walked down the steps and Kili was waiting by the ponies."Took me a while to find you, I just had to assume you would come out here." I said. I made it to Kili and stoked my ponies muzzle lovingly at which I snorted back at me whilst bringing its head down to my shoulder. "But you found me in the end."
"I suppose I did. Now," I jumped onto my pony and grabbed onto the reigns "Let's go home."

——————

We have finally made it back to the Lonely mountain, It was early afternoon so everyone was probably up and out. Kili and I slid off our ponies at the same time as the gates started to open when a  guard approached us and took our ponies to their stable. Before my pony was taken from me I gave her one final stroke before she was escorted to the stables. Kili gently held my hand and we walked up the bridge and into the gate, the guards shutting it behind us.

To our luck we found the company all in the dining hall with a table full of food. "Ay! Your back!" Bofur cheered with his mouth full of food.Everyone turned to us and said hi whilst stuffing their mouths with food. Well, all but one. Bilbo. He wasn't stuffing loads of food in his mouth like the others, no, he had a napkin tucked into his shirt, knife and fork in hand, sitting up straight and cutting the food into little pieces which he then ate. Something's never change.

Kili sat at the head of the table, I sat next to him and Bilbo sat in front of me, I admired the beautiful lunch waiting for me to tuck into. Everyone continued with their conversations and I looked up to Bilbo. "Hi, Father."
"Hi (Y/N), it feels like forever since you've been home."
"I've only been gone for two days." I laughed.
"You wouldn't understand."
"I supposed I don't." I smiled.

"Gloin," I asked "Do you mind passing me a bit of bread."
"All you ever seem to eat, lassie, is bread," Gloin said with his heavy accent "Need to get some meet in you, build up those muscles." Gloin playfully nudged me and we both laughed. But Gloin did what I asked, he passed me a few slices of bread which I had with just some water. I took a big gulp of water since I hadn't had anything to drink today.

But when I brought the chalice up to my lips Bilbo looked at me, concerned and confused. My eyebrows drew together. "What's wrong?"
"Is that a...?" He pointed to my neck. Oh. my. God.
My dress had fallen down my shoulder a bit so the crook of my neck was out in the open. I quickly pulled up my dress and my face flooded in colour.

Everyone burst into laughter at the table but Bilbos mouth slightly fell open and he looked even more concerned than before. Whilst being bright red I turned to Kili, he was already looking at me and I've never seen him smirk so wide. This is the worst. Their laughter died down after a while i not amused chuckles. I don't think Bilbo has blinked once...

"Father I-" I was cut off by Balin. "Don't worry about it lassie," Balin "You don't have to explain yourself. We were all like you once," He looked around to the table "Well, when we were once young. But that was a long time ago now." I got shivers just thinking about that.

——————

It is now nighttime, the moon is out and the stars are beaming. The wind threw my hair around my face and my nose was bright pink as the winter air pinched at it as Bilbo and I were having our daily walks, well, they aren't as daily anymore. We've nearly finished our walk as we circled back to the gates. We have been talking about the wedding which is coming up soon. It is only about a month away now, the official date of our wedding has been thrown about a lot but we have finally agreed to have it in one month. Everyone can come, it will be winter and all our plans slot into place.

"And what about your dress?" Bilbo asked. "Oh it's beautiful," I beamed "I won't say too much but...it makes me look like a princess. I chose it this afternoon, Dís helped me choose it." I smiled. "Well it's your wedding day, you should feel like a princess, and if you don't, well, somethings missing."

"I'm really nervous though," I admitted as my shoulders dropped "So many people will be watching me as I walk down the aisle. What if I trip over my dress? Or what if-"
"(Y/N), calm down," Bilbo grabbed my shoulders and held me down "It will be fine, you will be fine. Trust me. Now please calm down or else your going to make me start spiralling." Bilbo said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I suppose your right. Yeah, i'm over reacting, everything will be fine." The guards shut the gates behind us as we entered the mountain. Everything was quiet, everyone must be in bed by now.
Bilbo yawned. "Well, i'm off to bed. Too tried." Bilbo yawned again. "Go on, i'll see you in the morning. Goodnight Father."
"Goodnight (Y/N)." Bilbo side hugged me and I could hear his hobbit feet tap against the stone as he walked away and towards his bed chamber.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

7.3K 363 22
"I have found that it is the small everyday deed of ordinary folks that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." โ€• J.R.R. Tolkien...
71.9K 1.7K 52
Talia Rue Ashenstone had known Thorin Oakenshield all of her life. From running around the halls of Erebor in their youth to running into battle, the...
1.2K 40 12
A THORIN OAKENSHIELD x OC FANFIC Blair Baggins, sister to Bilbo Baggins, has lived in The Shire her whole life, considering what's beyond the border...
92.7K 1.6K 37
A mysterious young girl joins the company of Thorin Oakenshield, she comes with an unexplained scar over her eye and a journal holding many secrets...