A Bad Start - A Story By Fari...

Por Ladyfaree

'No, it can't be. It really is a joke, right?' Shazia asked under her breath, looking at the other women for... Más

Chapter 1 - A Bad Start
Chapter 2 - The Promise
Chapter 3 - The News
Chapter 4 - The Flashback
Chapter 5 - Pearls Bistro
Chapter 6 - Husna
Chapter 7 - The Confession
Chapter 8 - The El-Muneer Story
Chapter 9 - From Tanko To El-Muneer
Chapter 10 - The Portrait
Chapter 11 - Goodbye!
Chapter 12 - Shazia Meets Amir
Chapter 13 - Crash!
Chapter 14 - Cairo
Chapter 15 - Oh Adila!!
Chapter 16 - Mrs. N
Chapter 17 - The Abduction!
Chapter 18 - Shaleed Or Khazia??
Chapter 20 - Amir And Shazia
Chapter 21 - Mujaheed!!
Chapter 22 - Life
Chapter 23 - Shazia El-Muneer!!
Chapter 24 - The Appointment
Chapter 25 - Mr. And Mrs. Aadeel
Chapter 26 - PayBack..
Chapter 27 - Fahad El-Muneer
Chapter 28 - Forgiveness
Chapter 29 - The Mask Party
Chapter 30 - Decency!
Chapter 31 - Marital Bliss
Writer's Note 💜

Chapter 19 - Fate

40 15 7
Por Ladyfaree

Cairo - 29th December, 2018

Shazia was walking down the stairs when she heard arguments in the living room and she froze in her tracks.

'Umma, you really need to stop treating Shazia this way. It isn't fair'. She heard Zulaiha caution calmly. 'And you Anisa! What is your problem? What did she ever do wrong to you?' Zulaiha asked Anisa who only pouted, without giving a response.

'What kind of a sister are you? This girl rejected your brother's love outright and caused him untold pains but you still support her?' Aunt Zahra retorted.

'Not to be disrespectful to you Umm (mother), but I don't blame her for that. People are completely entitled to their feelings. And besides, love is not something one has control over, it happens naturally. The same God that made Ali fall in love with Shazia, is the same God that made Shazia fall in love with someone else. Things happen the way Allah destined them to happen. And for God's Sake, can't you people let this poor girl deal with her ordeals in peace without adding problems to her life? And Umm, it seems you are forgetting something very important'. She paused, trying to talk more calmly than she already was. 'Have you forgotten I also rejected Uthman (Uncle Ismail's son) to marry Ibrahim (her husband). Aunt Yasmine or Uthman's siblings never for once treated me badly. You know for a fact that Aunt Yasmine respected my decision and till date, she still supports me in all ways a mother supports her child. That decision actually made us close! So why is Shazia's case different?'

'Enough of your pointless talk please'. Aunt Zahra yelled. She knew her daughter was saying the bitter truth, but she just wasn't ready for it.

'I am sorry if I offended you in any way, Umm. It wasn't intentional'. She apologised. Her mother snorted. 'I'll just go rest a bit'. She said, rubbing her baby bump. Shazia immediately ran back to her room so Zulaiha wouldn't know she heard the conversation.

Zulaiha went to Shazia's room, gisted with her for a while before dozing off.

As always, the memories rippled through Shazia then coalesced as she laid back on her pillow.

The El-Muneer family moved to their Abuja mansion - which is exactly the same as the Kaduna mansion - when Shazia started Nile University. They only go to Kaduna when the girls are on break or sometimes just for the weekend.

It's been 6 months since Khaleed and Shazia started dating. She wasn't as close to Amir as she used to be and she was okay with that because she was still trying her best to let go of the feelings she had for him. And besides, at the beginning of her relationship with Khaleed, her closeness to Amir was always an issue and Khaleed strongly disapproved of it. Amir on his part felt it was better he gave her space since she was in a relationship with someone else. The best friends however met at school once or twice a week being in different departments and they talked on the phone sometimes. They were both okay with it, or so they thought!

'Babe, there's a friend's birthday party I want you to accompany me to'. Khaleed informed Shazia one day.

'Okay, I'll ask Yaya for permission'.

'I don't think Fee would have a problem with that since he was the person that approved of our relationship'. He paused. 'Or babe, don't you trust me?'.

'It's not that... '. She tried to explain.

'Then if you trust me, you'll go with me. The party is in 3 days. I'll send you the details'.

'Okay'.

'I love you'. He informed her before hanging up.

Styles Hotel Events Centre and Suites

Shazia called Khaleed to inform him that she was outside the entrance of the hall of the birthday party and he walked out from his car to where he spotted her.

'You look gorgeous, I love it'. Khaleed complimented, checking her out. Shazia was dressed in a wine figure-hugging gown which revealed her natural hourglass figure and it was adorned with a cinch belt. She also had a pair of beige stiletto, a beige clutch bag and a beige headscarf on her.

'Thank you.. The tuxedo looks good on you'. She smiled.

'Shall we?' He asked. She nodded and they walked into the hall side by side.

Styles Hotel's Events Centre is on the ground floor of the six - storey luxurious Hotel. It's very large and elegantly decorated with flowers, lights and artworks. There is a bar on the left, a dance floor in the middle and banquet chairs and tables on the right. Just down the hallway, there are suites which are left open when there's an event in case people need to use them as changing rooms.

Khaleed and Shazia sat talking and from time to time laughing at the MC and those on the dance floor.

'Amir is here!' Shazia informed Khaleed excitedly. 'I'll just go say hello and be right back please'. She added as she sashayed down the hall in her stiletto.

'Hello Amir. Didn't know you were coming'. She greeted him. Amir, who was backing her direction, turned to look at her and his smile immediately turned to a frown.

'Hi Shazee. Well, I had no choice, he's a family friend. He insisted I must put up an appearance even if it's just for 20 minutes'. He responded, still frowning.

'What's wrong? What's with the face?'

'Did you have to dress this way?' He asked. 'And for God's sake take off that belt, as it is, the dress is too revealing already. Couldn't you have worn something decent, or at least put on an Abaya or a kimono on this?' He paused, as if expecting an answer from her. 'The only thing I don't like about you is your chic fashion style. How do you feel, with all these men staring at you?' He scolded.

'I'm sorry'. She apologised, looking at her dress. It was then she realised just how tight it was. Besides, it was the first time Amir ever scolded her so she felt really bad.

'Where was Yaya when you left home? Did he even see you dressed this way?'. She shook her head. Of course Fahad wouldn't have allowed her to leave home dressed the way she was. In fact, none of her family members saw her. 'Who are you here with? Khaleed?' He further asked, looking around.

'Yes'. She replied, pointing towards Khaleed's direction.

'He isn't taking you home, is he?

'No, the driver is waiting for me'. She informed him.

'Good'. He muttered. They talked for a short while.

'I should get back to Khaleed. Take care, okay?' Amir only nodded as she walked away. He wasn't happy with the way Khaleed was lustfully staring at her.

Shazia went back to her seat and continued chatting with Khaleed. After about 10 minutes, Khaleed excused himself and returned after a short while.

'Come with me'. He told her and they walked down the hallway. They entered a suite and Khaleed locked the door.

'What are we doing here?' Shazia inquired.

'Nothing. I just thought my girlfriend and I should have a little fun. The party is getting boring'. He smiled, pulling her far into the room.

'But Yaya Khaleed this is wrong. We should go back'. She tried walking away but he gave her a back hug.

'Babe, I love you so much'. He whispered in her ears, throwing her scarf on the bed as he turned her to face him. His hands slid up her arms, gently caressing her shoulders as he tried to unzip her gown.

'Yaya please'. She pleaded in tears.

'What were you thinking babe, dressing this way? If you truly didn't want this from me, why dress in such a seductive manner?' He paused. 'I love you babe, I love you so much. This wouldn't change a thing between us, I promise'. He assured her, gently caressing her hair. She was pleading with him to let go of her and weeping uncontrollably but Khaleed was having none of it.

Amir noticed when Khaleed and Shazia walked down the hallway and when he realised they were gone for more than 5 minutes, he decided to check up on Shazia. The first 2 suites were open but when he tried to open the 3rd, it was locked.

'Shazee, are you in here?' He asked, knocking on the door.

'Amir, please help me'. She screamed amidst sobs.

Amir began to bang on the door with all the strength he had in him and after about a minute, it burst open. 'Inna lilLahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un' was all Amir uttered as he angrily walked to the duo and pushed Khaleed away from Shazia.

'Is this the love you claim to have for her?' He yelled at Khaleed, pushing Shazia behind him. Shazia kept glaring at Khaleed, her cheeks flushing.

'What is your business? She is my girlfriend, not yours so pull your head in'. Khaleed retorted.

'Was!!'. Amir corrected. 'She was your girlfriend!! And you were asking what my business is, right? Well, if you mess with Shazee, you mess with me. Khaleed, don't you ever dare go close to Shazia or even try contacting her henceforth, she's done with you. And if you attempt, blame yourself for the outcome'. Amir bellowed. He handed Shazia's scarf to her, zipped her gown and pulled her out of the room. That was the first time Amir ever touched Shazia, but he had no choice - she looked really scared!.

As soon as they left the room, he released her hands. Amir escorted her to the powder room and waited for her in the corridor as she went in to freshen her face up.

It was raining heavily when they walked to the entrance of the hotel.

'How do you feel?' He asked her. 'Please Shazee, whatever happened in that room should stay between us 3'.

'Nothing happened Amir, alhamdu lilLah. And I am okay please'. She snorted, still visibly upset.

'Alhamdu lilLah. You should go back home. Let me get an umbrella'. Amir offered.

'There's no need!'. She scowled at him. 'And by the way, it's all your fault this happened Amir. I hate you!'. She snarled, running towards her car. 'Let's go home!' She ordered the driver as soon as she got into the car. She tried to be as composed as possible so the driver wouldn't suspect a thing.

'My fault? How?' Amir wondered. 'But I just saved her'. He was confused. 'How is this my fault?'. He walked to his car and drove away, million thoughts running through his head.

That was the day Shazia developed her love for Abayas. From that day, she never went out dressed inappropriately, not even in their compound. Even when she wore revealing clothes, she always had an Abaya on!

About 20 minutes after Zulaiha slept off, Shazia decided to leave the room so she wouldn't disturb her sleep.

'Assalamu alaikum'. Shazia heard Fahad say as he stepped into the living room.

'Yaya?' She screamed ecstatically as she ran down the stairs. 'What a pleasant surprise! You didn't inform me yesterday that you were coming!' She pouted.

'I had to, something came up'. He informed her, hugging her. 'How is my darling?'

'I am okay, alhamdu lilLah'. She smiled. 'How was the trip?'.

'Very okay, alhamdu lilLah. I arrived some hours ago'.

'Good afternoon Yaya. Welcome'. Anisa, who was also in the living room watching a movie, greeted in a honeyed voice.

'Afternoon. Thank you'. He replied curtly. 'Where is Uncle Waleed?' He asked Shazia.

'In his room, I'll call him now'. Anisa responded, as she sashayed up the stairs, in a bid to impress Fahad. She has had a crush on him for over 2 years now and she was still waiting for the perfect opportunity to inform him. Only her mother was aware!

Some minutes later, Uncle Waleed, Aunt Zahra and Anisa walked into the living room.

'Assalamu alaikum'. Fahad greeted, extending his right hand to his uncle for a handshake.

'Wa alaikumussalam'. Uncle Waleed responded.

'Good afternoon Uncle. How are you?'

'I am fine Fahad, thank you. You? Shazia didn't say you were coming!'

'She didn't know I was'. He replied with a smile. 'Good afternoon'. He greeted Aunt Zahra indifferently.

'Good afternoon my son'. Aunt Zahra replied with a broad smile. 'Welcome. Let me get you something to eat'.

'There's no need. I am okay'. He responded, abruptly. 'I am here to see Uncle Waleed, I want to discuss something important with him. Shazia, come sit here'. He pointed.

'Okay Fahad, I am all ears'. Just then, Zulaiha walked into the living room, exchanged pleasantries with Fahad, before sitting close to her father.

'Don't take this the wrong way please Uncle, but I don't think Shazia is happy staying here. I only came to Cairo to get her a new place, which I already have done. She will be moving into the Student residence on campus tomorrow morning God willing'. Shazia was visibly shocked by her brother's decision. She didn't inform him she wasn't happy, how then did he know? She wondered.

'If you think that is the best for Shazia, Fahad I will never stop you'. Uncle Waleed replied, sadly. 'I am really sorry Shazia for whatever it is you were made to go through, I was never aware of any of it'.

'It's okay Uncle. It's life, things happen'. She paused. 'Please forgive me if I have ever offended any of you or caused you pain. It wasn't intentional'. She apologised, facing Aunt Zahra.

'I will really miss you Shazee. But rest assured, I'll come visit from time to time'. Zulaiha informed her, hugging her.

'Thank you Ukhtie (my sister) for your kindness and compassion'. Shazia thanked her.

'Let's go to your room darling, so we can start packing up. I don't want us to rush things tomorrow'. Fahad informed his sister to which she nodded.

'Umma, can you see what I was saying?' Zulaiha asked her mother as soon as the siblings were out of sight. 'This is an embarrassment to us as a family, that a relative of ours couldn't stay in the family house with us for even 3 months because we were not treating her right. And to think that she has the same rights in this house as all the Fahad El-Idris' grandchildren!'. She reminded them sadly. 'And you Anisa, let's see how you get Fahad's attention now that he's angry with us that his sister wasn't treated right!'. Zulaiha whispered to her sister, while Anisa gasped. 'What? You thought I didn't know you had a crush on him?' Zulaiha questioned with a smirk. 'I am really sorry Abou (father), I know how you feel. May it be for the best, aamiin'. She tried comforting her father.

'You should understand this now, as soon as Shazia leaves this house tomorrow, I am also leaving! I am tired of your senseless attitude'. Uncle Waleed yelled at his wife, as he stormed out of the living room.

'I'll take my leave now'. Zulaiha informed her mother, picking up her handbag and car key from the sofa. She wasn't ready for any unnecessary drama, at least not in her current condition (the pregnancy).

End of Chapter 19.

Do you think Shazia will forgive Khaleed?

Is that the end of her friendship with Amir?

God!! I love Yaya Fahad, that one doesn't waste time.

Please like (by pressing the star button below), comment and share.

Thank you.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

31.5K 1.4K 68
The tale of separation and reunion of two childhood friends who were destined to be together. ________________________________ It's a story of two ch...
668K 25.7K 46
"I'm coming directly to the point. I'm not interested in this marriage. I'm only here because of the pressure from the elders. At the moment, I'm dat...
13.6K 4.9K 43
Misfortune. Easy to pronounce yet difficult to face. * *blurb* "In the dim light of her room, amidst a storm of emotions, she shatters her glasses...
6.3K 369 20
"Are you really going to talk to Abbu?" She asked being serious after some time and I nodded my head. "Yep. I can try, right? I know there is 0.1% c...