Princess Irisa And The Fragil...

Autorstwa Kendjunior_

When Irisa, the first prefecture princess of Hasten, a big city in the state of Kaley got betrothed to the fi... Więcej

Prologue.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Epilogue.

21

35 6 0
Autorstwa Kendjunior_

* * * *
"Let us go back into the palace," he sighed looking as the woman moved swiftly out of the garden.

"Yes your highness!" the soldier said and helped the Emperor back toward where he had been followed.

He hadn't heard everything Aaron had said, but he knew that what he had done to his mother was known to not only him but his wide too."

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, he made a mistake that had cost the lives of millions of people and his appointed heir was not going to do anything about the conflict, he was sure Donald was going to do more harm than good, he didn't even understand what diplomacy was. How would an Emperor rule the whole of Kaley if all he knew was war and conflict?

The Empress was no better, aiding and helping her son to commit evil atrocities, the letter was impossible to find because he had destroyed it a long time ago. He shook his head, coughing out dry blood, making the soldier next to him, staring at him worried.

He knew he didn't have much time left, and he had to make amends and redress what he had done, if not for the pointless death of the Vallian princess but for the people of Kaley who have suffered the most in all of this matter.

"Send silent words to the military chief, the Vallian king, and the head of the king's council, I have to discuss some important things, tell the Vallian king that it is imperative he sends one of the spies."

The soldier frowned but said nothing about his confusion, "yes your highness. I will get right into it." he bowed unceremoniously and turned to walk away, the Emperor glanced at Donald who walked towards his quarters, "and Desmond?" the soldier glanced back at the Emperor, "you are not to speak of this to anyone." he waned and the soldier nodded, "I understand your highness, I will leave at once."

"Father!" Donald called making the Emperor sigh in dismay. "What is it you want Donald?"

"I just came to check if you were still alive, your highness. I thought your sickness would have taken your life." the Emperor scoffed.

"You are so eager for my death that you have come to check on me?" Donald took his sit on a piece of comfortable furniture not far from the Emperor.

"There is no need to lie to each other, Caser! Your death is near and all of us know it. You do not need to try and keep this strong facade up." Caser shook his head.

"I am not surprised by your insolence, you think that you are the only heir that I can choose?"

Donald threw his head back and laughed heartily, shaking violently, he laughed as though what he said was the funniest thing he had heard in a while, "you are not serious are you?" Donald asked not seriously, believing he just said that.

"Caser your first son is crippled and unable to do a thing with that stupid guard of his, your daughter is even too young to know what a throne is. Your brothers are loyal to me and would do whatever I say!"

Caser shook his head, "I wish you are not my son! How do you say this to your father?" Donald scoffed.

"You useless to us all Caser, it would be better to wrap this up and take something to just let yourself go. It will help everyone!"

Caser clenched his jaw, "you are going to destroy Kaley if you rule it! You are a lost cause and you will not rule!" Caser yelled furiously.

"Who wants to take my place, Pearl? Aaron?" Donald chuckled and stood to his feet, "you are just bluffing Caser, take your herbs and go to sleep. It will be better for all of us!" he smiled maliciously standing to his feet, "we wouldn't want anything happening to you, now would we?"

"You are evil!" Caser gritted.

"I just take after you after, and do not worry! I will be way better than you in handling the conflict with Silkon Valley!" Caser scoffed and shook his head.

"Get out of my sight boy! I do not want to see you!" Donald turned to leave, "you are not going to do anything because only I am the savior of Kaley nobody else, you are just an old man with a title," he walked out of the room proudly.

* * * *
"Irisa!" Aaron called, Irisa turned toward Aaron, who stared at her, she walked toward him and sat next to him, "I understand what you have said, it is best I keep in mind what is at risk here." Irisa smiled and place her hand on his shoulder.

"I did not mean to sound out of place, forgive me, your highness." he nodded and pulled her hands on his, "I understand the anger Irisa but I have no other way."

She pulled her hands away, and the smile fell, "why are you telling me all this?" he sighed and pulled her hand again.

"Listen to me Irisa, I have thought about it well enough, I need your contributions, if I am going to do this, I need all the help I could get." Irisa blinked surprised, he squeezed her hands, making her eventually sigh.

"I do not know much about the Kalean politics, but we should beware and be wary, these walls are cruel. You have to develop a very thick skin if we must get what we want."

"I under..."

"Your highness," Nancy bowed and walked toward them, Irisa pulled her hands away from his, "the ceremony is starting." Irisa nodded and stood to her feet, Raymond walked toward Aaron and pushed him toward the grand hall.

Entering the grand hall, the people flooded the grand hall. Irisa squeezed her maid's hands. The lady was quite nervous around crowds.

"Aaron..."

"Good evening, everyone! I am glad to welcome you to this ceremony, between my son Prince Donald, the crown prince of Kaley soon to be Emperor, and the second prefecture princess of Hasten Princess Beatrice!" the Empress grinned wildly as the crowd clapped hard and loudly.

The crown prince and his betrothal stepped out from the side door of the grand hall unto the platform created for whoever was the dress of the crowd. He smiled and looked at everyone around the hall, "good evening everyone! I am glad and surprised that this amount of people would show up on such short notice. I am glad and thankful to all of you. Enjoy the night and the ceremony! Thank you!" Donald yelled and the crowd applauded him loudly in appreciation.

Irisa took her sit where had been designated for her, Aaron joined her, the feast started, and dancers and instrumentalists began to perform for the elite's pleasure and enjoyment.

The soon-to-be crown princess sat by the crown prince's side, delighted by the amount of jewelry and attention she was getting. Gifts were thrown into a big box, dancers performed ceremoniously, whole they whined and dined.

Samuel walked toward Aaron and Irisa's table, Aaron had informed Irisa before that he was going to be joining them on their trip to Venusa, and her mind went back to the trip they had to Omoral. He wasn't the best person to travel with, he had shown it time and time before. She just hoped that trusting him wasn't going to be a huge problem for them. After all, he was too quick to switch sides! As if he couldn't wait for the maiden to announce that he was to protect her.

Her mind went back to that maiden and all she had said, even though Aaron had a plan, she didn't think it would be easy to convince the whole of Kaley. They needed a strong support system, his army are not the only help they needed.

All important chiefs must be in support of his rein, even while crippled, the people must know in him and if he did it in the name of his brother. Donald was too dumb to think, that he would never think of Aaron's plans.

But then there was the Empress, she was smarter than the Jezebel and had eyes everywhere. They had to be ten steps ahead, she was going to be the greatest obstacle.

"Irisa!" Aaron almost yelled snapping her back into reality, Irisa glanced at him and looked around to see everyone was on their feet. The crowning ceremony was about to begin. She stood on her feet quickly and put on a smile, ladies glanced at her, but she chose to ignore it.

Donald had his eyes on her, Irisa, she was deep in thought, she had not expressly shown her disapproval for the engagement, by she so lost and engaged in something.

The priest walked toward the platform, the Empress, Donald, and Beatrice stood to their feet, and the priest looked at the three of them with displeasure, he had to do this and get it over with.

Beatrice walked toward the platform, she sank unto the floor followed by her maid, Donald stood tall and proud refusing to kneel.

"Knee before the priest!" the Empress cautioned making Donald scoff. "I knew to no one, mother, not even you!" the crowd gasped hearing what he had just spilled.

It was no surprise for Aaron, that the bad relationship between the priest and the royal family was not unknown to the Kalean elite.

"I have no time for your mind games Donald! Do not keep me waiting, I have to leave and attend to other pressing matters to attend to."

"You can proceed with the ceremony but I will not kneel before you not anyone else!"

"Donald, this is not a joke, you are required to kneel before the priest! This is tradition!" the Empress but Donald shook his head.

"I do not care about traditions, mother. He is too arrogant and you enable him!" Beatrice gasped and looks toward the priest who smiled.

"Do not say such a thing, Donald! He is the messenger of the gods!" Donald scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"I am sick of practically worshipping this man in the name of worshipping the Gods and respecting culture. Perform the ceremony! Let us celebrate!"

"I am so sorry... Lord... What is the matter with a child I have given birth to?" Agnes sighed and closed his eyes before walking toward the priests and placing her hands together, ceremoniously pleading with him, "I am so sorry! He does not know better, he does not mean anything he says! I beg of you."

"Oh please, mother! This is the same thing I just spoke of, you are not the only priest in Kaley! If you will not perform the ceremony someone else will do it!" Irisa glanced at the elite that was all watching as the drama unfold. This would be the biggest topic if he does not kneel.

"Donald please just kneel, I beg of you..." Beatrice looked around, the whole room, even the servants were all staring at him. How could he be so disrespectful? Was this going to be their next Emperor? They were utterly doomed.

"You will keep shut and not interfere in my affairs are we clear?" he warned her sternly and turned back to the priest who stared at him and allowed him to drag the ancestor's name in the mud.

"I will not perform this ceremony if you do not kneel. This is tradition and it will simply not change because you feel you are bigger than everyone in this room."

"You are so arrogant! I mean the level of audacity you have to stand before and speak so freely! I am so sick of these stupid traditions! I will not die if I do not kneel before you." Agnes shook her head and turned back to Donald, "keep your mouth shut and do what the priest has asked of you."

"Mother, I will not condole this insult because you insist on having this thing in MY ceremony!"

"Have you gone nut, Donald?!" Agnes yanked his hands, trying to see if she could knock sole senses into him, "You are embarrassing us all in front of everyone, just kneel and let us continue with this ceremony!"

"I will not and you will..."

"Prince Donald it would be hmm..." Irisa stammered out praying that she doesn't regret that she had just spoken out, "good to listen to your mother you know. This is hmm... Tradition and you and your new bride should do it. It is a very simple procedure that even another priest would not be able to complete the ceremony without you kneeling." she explained softly and he turned toward her remembering that she was still there.

He turned toward the man and glared at him before turning toward the silent crowd, he clenched his jaw, before falling to his knees. Jessica glared at the actions. This was insulting to the whole of Hasten and she was sure that Irisa was internally gloating. Agnes glanced toward Irisa, what had she done?!

The ceremony was completed in a few minutes, the priest left immediately though he couldn't the sight of them. Beatrice swallowed up her tears at the disrespect she had faced. She excused herself trying to get herself in order.

Was this going to be her life now? Was the cost she would pay to attain her and her mother's dreams? Donald made it very obvious that she was nothing to him, he had humiliated her and shut her down on many occasions but that particular situation was the highest disgrace she had ever faced. Her future husband refuses to kneel during their ceremony. She was sure the whole of Kaley's laughing stock.

"Beatrice?" she wiped her face aggressively before taking a deep breath and standing, "what do you want Irisa?" she spat her nose flaring. Irisa sighed and moved closer, "I just came to check up on you. Are you alright?" Irisa asked a bit concerned.

Beatrice scoffed and smiled, "I do not who allowed you into this room Irisa but you should leave." she gritted lit furiously.

"I should not have bothered in the first place," she muttered turning to.

"Wow!" Beatrice exclaimed shaking her, "after humiliating in the presence of my guest you come here with a fake gesture of sympathy?!"

"I was trying to check if you were alright,"

"So you can go behind my back and laugh about my predicament with your maid?!" Beatrice spat.

"I will never do that Beatrice, what do I gain if do it?" Beatrice scoffed, "I don't know but I think it is best you ask yourself!" Irisa shook head.

"Goodbye Beatrice, not everyone is out to get to you." she slammed the door and sighed, before making her way back to the venue.

The Grand Hall was a few steps away when she sited Benedict, she moved swiftly to where he was standing with a cup of wine.

"Good evening third brother!" Benedict grimaced hearing Irisa's voice, he turned the other way. Irisa frowned seeing his actions, "what are you doing Benedict? Are you alright?" she asked confused, Benedict decided that his fresh air was over and left the side of the palace hall.

"Where are going Benedict!" she stopped in, "I have been sending letters but you did not reply to a single one, is there a problem? Did you not get the letter?" Irisa asked, Benedict, refused to look at him and stepped aside walking away and leaving her utterly confused.

Irisa blinked, she stood there and stared at where her brother just stood, what had just happened? Why was Benedict avoiding her?

"Princess?!" Samuel called her making her look up, he jogged toward her and stared at her, "are you alright princess? Is something wrong?" she looked him up and down, before turning and walking back into the hall.

"M'lady!" Nancy called swiftly, Aaron frowned as his wife walked toward him, she looked puzzled about a matter, she had demanded to see her sister knowing that it was a bad idea.

Irisa sat next to him, saying nothing, the dancer continued entertaining the elite, they clapped and enjoyed the dancing and music even after the drama Donald had created. Aaron glanced at his wife once more, her eyes were on her younger brother.

He seemed to be the closest to her but Aaron noticed that they said no words even though they claimed to be. He took her shaking hands into his and squeezed it making her look up at him, his eyes held reassurance, making her smile a little relieved.

Beatrice walked back into the hall shocking everyone. Irisa was sure the Duchess had dragged her from the room, the ceremony was to continue much to Beatrice's dismay, women came around and carried her, and Irisa joined them, even with everything on her mind.

They moved her around and danced around the grand hall, a tradition Hasten held there to their heart.

Donald sat there, drinking wine and bear watching as they moved his future bride around the hall, his eyes flew to Irisa, she was a very beautiful woman, a shame that she belonged to his brother, someone he was sure was incompetent to handle a woman in bed.

The Empress stood proudly, as the women sank in Hasten's language before the Duchess took her hands and handed them to the Empress's hands and bowed unceremoniously. She grinned as she walked back to her sit. The Empress prayed for her son's soon-to-be bride and took her to her son's side placing her hands on his own.

Even though she was displeased by what he had done, she wouldn't fight him in public, she would make sure to teach him a lesson once the ceremony was over. She turned and walked back to the seat provided for her. She smirked looking as Aaron and Irisa conversed, she was sure going to teach that stupid woman a lesson for what she had done in that ceremony.

How could her son even stand her? She was an abomination, a bastard child that belonged with a crippled like Aaron, if not for her father that gave her a title, she would not be but a mere commoner.

Soon, the Empress stood to her feet and held a toast on behalf of her son, the ceremony was said to be officially over but many continued their dining.

"We should leave," Aaron said and Irisa was helped unto her feet by Samuel and Nancy, they walked out of the hall and passed the servant entrance much to Irisa's dismay. Entering the carriage, they out and left the palace back to their manor in due time.

"The Empress is staring, m'lady." Aaron started, Irisa opened her closed eyes and nodded, she had also noticed the staring, but nobody in the ceremony would not notice the bitter stare.

"We are going to be punished for what you did today you know that?" he continued, he did not seem upset by the thought of punishment.

Irisa took in a deep breath, "what I did has nothing to do with you, I will face the consequences myself." Aaron scoffed and glanced toward the woman, and she called him naviee earlier.

"You think she cares about who did what? Even our carriage wheeler will bear the brunt of her wrath and hatred toward you."

"What exactly do you want me to do then? The only way I can get out of this matter is for the crown prince to help me..."

"No! We will not seek help from that bastard! He is the cause of this problem." Irisa shook her head not believing what he had just said.

"As much as I would love to lie to you Aaron, I cannot. We can not continue letting the Empress walk all over us! It is bad enough no one respects you and they talk to you however they like, I have to be punished for simply trying to help?" Irisa asked upset.

"You have seen the way he speaks to me! He does not consider me human talk less of considering me as a brother. You will not seek help from my enemy."

"Enemy? Aaron, you allow him to treat you this way! You are trying to convince them that you are crippled not dumb and mute! Why do you watch and say nothing,"

"Whatever I do is none of your business!" he gritted out, scoffing and shaking her head, "you are a joke, Aaron. That maiden must have been mistaken because you are no Emperor!"

"Insolence!" Aaron shouted furiously, "you have said so much and I will not allow one more word from you!"

"Why because you know it is the truth? The truth you are not ready to accept? I can not stand you! I cannot stand the life that we live! It is utter rubbish! What makes us better than a slave?"

"We are not slaves Irisa!"

"Oh, but we are! Are we not? How could you allow him to work all over you and then complain behind his back like a coward!"

"Do not speak to me in such manner Irisa! I am still your husband!"

"Well, you have shown it time and time again that you do not want me!"

"What has come over you Irisa? One minute we are fine and the next you are trying to bite my head off! What is your problem exactly?"

Irisa glared at him, "all I fight for is dignity! Stop wallowing around and finally stand up to him and your step mother!"

"You are not intruding on my affairs from now on Irisa! I have had enough of your insolence! Even if the duchess does not punish you, I will." he gritted.

"What are you talking about..."

"You will not follow me to Venusa and whatever you face here is not my business!" she glared at him, he swallowed and looked around before pulling the curtain.

"Stop this carriage!" she yelled at the carriage wheeler who did as he was told immediately, "I will not leave the capital city Aaron! But you can burn in the deepest part of hell you coward." as soon as the carriage stopped, Irisa walked out of it and jumped down before walking toward Samuel who was frowning.

"Get off the horse," she commanded not paying attention to the looks she was receiving from all of them.

"Enter the carriage Irisa, this drama is not needed!" Irisa scoffed but said nothing, she raised an eyebrow at Samuel who just sat there staring at them, "I will not repeat myself, Samuel, get off that horse!"

"Yes, your highness." he finally succumbed and pulled himself off the horse. She jumped unto the horse much to their dismay and kicked it, the horse neighed and raced toward the Manor.

Aaron clenched his jaw as Samuel joined him in his carriage, they said nothing as they eventually got to the Manor. She was already inside her room by the time they walked toward him.

"M'lady," Nancy walked slowly toward her, she took a breath and continued closing her eyes saying nothing. "I heard what you said, it was too much! I understand that we are not treated well, but there is little he could do. You cannot expect him to just change after he took you as his wife. You are supposed to sympathize with him, understand him and why he chose to keep the fact that his not crippled for this long from you."

Irisa sat up and stared down at her hand sadly, "I am just so angry! Everything here is frustrating, watching him be humiliated, I wanted to bash Donald's head in and then his plans to contact the enemy, Donald was the one who cause all of these problems in the first place. I was only trying to help!" Nancy sighed and sat next to her, she smiled softly and took her lady's hands.

"We know it princess Irisa but you cannot be so careless, everything in the capital has consequences, prince Aaron is the only man that can really protect you. I do not know why prince Donald is being kind but he has shown you his true colors time and time again. He will never love anyone but himself." Irisa took in a deep breath.

"I should apologize, all I said were out of anger, he would probably think I am a shallow person, and I do not want that kind of impression." Nancy shook her head.

"You are correct if you think him to be angry but he would never regard you as shallow knowing you are the first daughter of the man that rules the city of gold."

"Benedict isn't speaking to me." she finally broke out, "that was the more reason I was angry, I do not know what I have done but he has religiously avoided me. I saw him by the grand hall, he would not speak to me."

"Have you perhaps said something to him?" Nancy asked baffled, Irisa shook her head, "I called him but he would say nothing. He just left, I do not know what to do."

"You should solve one problem at a time, M'lady, your husband first then Benedict." Irisa nodded.

"I will talk to him as soon as the sun rises, I might eventually serve my punishment but I do not want to part with him on bad terms." Nancy nodded.

"We should get to bed, it is late." Nancy nodded and prepared the bed for their sleep.

* * * *

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

2.4K 1.1K 36
In the dimly lit corridors of the ancient castle, a chilling whisper echoed: "Your Highness, our newborn princess is missing." The queen's frantic fo...
15.7K 506 61
...He was banished as a child... The princess's illegitimate first born was sent to another realm, but when a vicious attack wiped out most of the...
60.8K 3.3K 15
In a world ruled by men and kings, power is the only thing that will satisfy. There is only one King that has the heart for the people- King William...
23 1 3
On the eve of her seventeenth birthday, Melior of Milana finds herself embroiled in a scheme to trap her into marriage with a neighboring king. After...