Skinwalker *Discontinued*

Av Midika

*Second installment of the Trial Series* The trial continues in Juliette's point of view, in the sequel of Ro... Mer

Prologue
.Two
Important
.Three
.Four
.Five
Discontinued

.One

76.5K 4K 309
Av Midika

~Juliette

I run my hand down my face slowly, feeling every tear streak and moisture beneath my fingertips. I'm tired, having not slept in days. His face, his pain, those mercury eyes keep me awake at night, feeding into my depression.

The trial has been postponed since last week, approximately four days, six hours and twenty-eight minutes. But who's counting?

"Juliette Kerson?"

I looked up from the confines of my hands, seeing a petite looking nurse, holding a brown clipboard on her arm. I stood immediately, ignoring my wary legs.

"Yes, that's me," I answer, swallowing. She motioned for me to follow. She lead me down a maze of stark white corridors, all clinical and sterile. It's chilly in here, the air conditioning seeping through my thin cotton shirt.

"His mother has visited. She wanted you to know that you have her full permission to do anything in your power to save him," the nurse informed me quickly once we had made it outside the hospital room.

She means to turn him, into a Skinwalker. But did he realize what the consequences are? This is the first visit I've been able to attend since Jaxon fell into the coma, since I've been held captive for questioning. Once they realized his state was self inflicted, I was let out.

I have deliberated this, and I know what I have to do. I will turn him, knowing his life is too precious to let slip through my fingers.

The nurse pushes the door open, and nervously, I amble in.

Jaxon lay in bed, his arms and legs out stretched. Cords and pipes hung off his body like extra limbs, feeding him his life support through a tiny tube. I wandered closer, my steps matching the beeping of his life support machine.

His skin was pasty, his eyes closed. His hair was scruffy after not being brushed for days...yet he still looked like the man I fell in love with.

I ran my fingers over his cheek. I gasped and retracted my hand, feeling how ice cold his skin is. I feel a stab of emotion in my heart, traveling up to make my throat raw, and my eyes start to water. I did this to him.

And I know there is only one solution...

I softly brush his hair from his face, letting the silky strands run off my fingers.

"I'm not sure you can hear me, but I want you to know that I love you," I murmur gently. He doesn't stir, just remains still. I blink, a tear streaming down my face. I brush it away quickly, before taking his hand in mine.

"I will free you from your coma, I promise," I whisper, running the pad of my thumb over his knuckles. Still no movement, just the feeling of his cold skin beneath mine. I can't stop as I choke, tears forming in my eyes and escaping.

My heart ached for this man, as I leant down, pressing my lips on his damp forehead. Slowly, with trembling fingers I pull the blanket down, revealing his shirtless torso and soft skin. I gaze at his neck, seeing how impeccably flawless and untouched it looked.

I lay soft kisses down his jawline, and down to his neck. I blanch as he shivers, but he's still out cold. I sigh, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry baby," I say, then bury my teeth in his neck.

~Jaxon

I gasp, my hands flying to my neck. An unbearable pain was shooting through my neck, lancing within my veins, causing me to fall to my knees. I'm back in front of the mirror, staring at myself.

Juliette had done it, I could feel her soft lips against me only moments before. I wanted to shout in pleasure, knowing she has freed me.

I fought, trying to escape the confines of this coma, so I will wake to my love.

"Juliette!"

I fell on my stomach, my nails scraping against the hard wood. I will reunite with her.

~Juliette

I retracted my teeth, as Jaxon started to shake, his limbs trembling.

"Juliette..." my name is gasped from his lips. I blink in confusion, wondering why he wasn't waking up. Instead, he continued to shake, small groans of pain flying out his mouth. He's in pain, I can tell by the way his muscle tense, his back lifting off the bed.

I let out a little scream as his eyes fly open, glowing a molten silver, burning with an unknown emotion.

He relaxes, letting out a sigh. I swallow nervously, before stepping a little closer to him. He stared blankly at the ceiling. Is he okay?

"Jax..." I drawl, standing right over him. Slowly, his gaze moves, locking with mine. Suddenly he sits up, his hands grabbing the back of my head, pulling me down to him. Surpised, I go to pull away, but I stop when his lips find mine.

I relax into him, letting his soft, warm lips sooth me. All the angst and worry I've dealt with these past few days is poured into the kiss, making it the most passionate we've shared. Eventually, I have to reluctantly pull away, catching a breath.

He stares at me, more vulnerable and scared then I've ever seen him. His hand gently cups my face, his thumb making soothing movements against my cheek. He's safe, he's alive, and I'm crying in relief.

"Thank you," he mutters, his voice hoarse and strained. A tear falls down my cheek, so I brush it away before it landed on him. A small smile played on his lips. I pressed my lips against his again, too happy for words.

He sat up properly again, blinking a few times. He was recovering right in front of my eyes, and I realized it is the Alpha genes he acquired.

"Your mother will want to see you," I inform him. She really was devastated, even more devastated then when he rejected Maya. Man, that seems like so long ago. He looked confused for a moment, then shook his head.

"I just want to go home, with you," he complained, rubbing his face. I sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed. The beautiful man in front me didn't suit this environment, and as much as I wanted him out, his health meant more to me. Yeah, I probably should alert the nurses, but I had a feeling they wanted to give us a moment.

"The trial has stopped, I think once you have made a full recovery, you should come back to finish it," I say gently. His eyes widen, and in a flurry, he tears the bed sheets off him, swinging his legs out.
"Jesus Jaxon, cover your-"

I'm cut off as he pushes past me, hobbling his naked body to the door. Averting my eyes from below his waist, I follow him.

"Jax...you can't just leave," I protested. Ignoring me, he pushed through the door, and stormed down the hallways. I groan, as he approaches a group of nurses. They all blush, their gazes glued to somewhere that is definitely not his eyes. I'm not jealous, but annoyed like he's my child who refuses to let me put his diaper on.

"Excuse me ladies, but I need to leave now," he asserted confidently. I shake my head, catching up to his long strides. One of the nurses clears her throat and nudges the one beside her, who can't seem to take her eyes of my man's junk. Which might I add, he was showing off proudly.

"In all due respect Alpha, we need to do more testing," the more sensible one blurted nervously. Jaxon's face contorted in disgust, like her words were the most unappealing things he has ever heard.

"I feel fine, and I am leaving now," he countered, nodding his head. Does he think I'm going to let him waltz out here, naked as ever?

"We have to get you clothes first," I decree, tugging on his arm. He gazes down at me, which I try match rather then lower. His nakedness is rather distracting.

Soon enough, I manage to convince him that pants are not in fact his enemy, even if they are bright blue hospital ones that make his hips look rather womanly. I stifled a laugh as I follow him out, admiring how comical he looks in puffy pants and bare feet, a look of determination on his face.

It's mainly funny because he doesn't have a car, so his destination is obviously uncertain. We make it through the car park, my hand firmly in his. People stare at us, blatantly interested in the fact that their Alpha is half naked with some girl.

"We need a car silly, and I know someone who might just find away to pick us up..."

"I though you said you were in distress?"

I twiddle my thumbs on my lap, biting my lip nervously.

"I...we are really," I muse. Ace sighed from the front seat. One call and he was on his way in an old hatchback car he managed to borrow. Jaxon sat beside me, anxiously flicking his gaze from me to Ace like he might jump on me at any second.

"Everyone's been talking about how dead you are," Ace grunted, switching the indicator on. Of course they are, the media are always hungry for headlines. Jaxon shrugs, the fact meaning little to him obviously.

"Well, here is as far as I take you," Ace muttered, pulling over to the side of the road. The arena stands firm and tall, the walls prodigious and impenetrable. There is one door, that Jaxon is bound to get into with ease.

"Thank you Ace," I implied, as Jaxon chambered out. He nods, not looking at me. Sighing, I slide out, and he drives off hastily.

"I had every right to kill him," Jaxon speculated, earning an eye roll from me.

"Yeah yeah tough guy, let's go..."

Phew, that was seemingly difficult to write.

It feels good though, to be back and writing about Juliette and Jaxon again.

I feel like I need to get back into dedications...Well, this chapter is dedicated to feeding the neighbour's cats. I'm actually allergic to cat dander, so feeding seven cats is heaven :D

Kidding it's the worst thing ever and these cats annoy me, but that besides the point.

So, begrudgingly, I decide to fill the feeder to the brim with cat biscuits because I'm lazy like that and didn't want to come back the next morning. I'm a pretty clumsy person, so when I bump it, it doesn't surprise me.

But, what did surprise me was the fact that all the cat biscuits went flying from the feeder, I wouldn't be surprised if I swallowed some, and scattered across these people's kitchen floor. I tried to scoop them back in with the broom, but in doing that, I bumped the water and it spilt over the freshly scattered biscuits.

If you've seen wet cat biscuits, you will understand how rank it is. So there I was, cleaning cat mosh off the floor, sneezing my head off . #That'sMyLifeStory

Let me know if you've ever had to feed your neighbour's pets, and see if your story is more horrific then mine!

Anywho, vote and comment, and I'll be sure to update soon.

Snapchat : midikacrane
Instagram : divine_endearment

~Midika ♡

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

7.1K 843 55
This is book 2 in the Moonwalker pack series, it can not be read as a stand alone. Please make sure you have read The Beta's Daughter first. Micah Ko...
768K 41.1K 65
"You're not like the other wolves here, Colton. You're different." Colton was a rogue borne omega; a rarity in the least. Raised in a small, rogue c...
325K 9.4K 24
{Sequel to Rejected} Juliette White was betrayed and hurt by her mate, Ashton Taylor, once again. With a broken heart, she escaped his territory and...
431K 17.4K 20
This is the sequel to Sold To My Werewolf Mate!!!*** Brinley is the first female Alpha in her region. She is going to be tested to her limits. With t...