Three Dollars and a Singular...

By dxmibby

(Non-Binary reader || They/Them pronouns are used) Shin works at the local 7-Eleven and you're, like, in love... More

I Love Noodles
Forgotten, But Never Gone
I Love Brownies
Cause for Concern
SIMP
A Challenger Approaches
Just Simply Not Sure
Runaway, Runaway
(Can't) Trust
What's Wrong With Man's Laughter?
Not A Visit
Thank You
Shin tsukimi x reader part 2 (dxmibby style)

Simple

328 16 53
By dxmibby

"Alexandria is going to be following you around while you're working for the rest of the week." Your boss said. Your hands stopped while they were in the middle of tying the back of your shirt to fit better.

"...Who? ...Do you mean Alexandris? Alex?"

"Yes. I mean her."

"Them." You corrected. Your boss rolled his eyes.

"Get to work." You scoffed at him. You never really talked to your boss, so you hadn't realized what a massive dick he was until yesterday.

You went to find Alexandris, and they explained that as much as they didn't want to bother you, they also really needed this job and just needed to listen to Mr. Chidouin. "Is that why you let him misgender you?"

"He's too old to understand."

"He has a 17-year-old lesbian for a daughter. I'm sure she's gotten on his ass about it before."

~ * ~

"Alex, Y/N, I just sat someone down at table 14. Please take care of him because I'm too busy with a few other tables. Thanks." August walked by you two quickly, though careful not to drop any of the hot plates on their tray.

Alex grabbed you a menu, and you turned to make your way toward table 14, but unfortunately for you, you recognized that shade of green. "No." You said simply, turning to face Alex.

"Huh? What's wrong?"

"Yeah, you know how I'm getting fired for yelling at a customer? That guy is at table 14."

Alex groaned, "Okay, then I'll take care of it for you. I don't want you causing another scene. You made like four babies cry with your shouting yesterday, and I can't stand the sound of children crying."

You hid around a corner and watched Alex speak to Hiyori. They handed him a menu, then left. "What did he say?" You asked.

"He's waiting for someone. He said to wait until I noticed another person sitting with him. No expected time."

"The restaurant is only open until nine anyway." You said, "It's already... what, half past six? Uhm, but, can I take my break real quick? There's something I need to do, and it's really important."

"Gods, I was waiting for you to ask. I'm so tired. I'll just chill in the break room with you."

"Okay... I'm going to be making a call, though."

~ * ~

"For the love of fuck, Moon Shine, pick up the damn phone." You whispered to yourself.

Leave a message after the tone. BEEP

"You piece of shit." You said in the voicemail. You knew Shin wouldn't take it to heart, as you'd been talking for weeks now, and he seemed to know your humor. "Pick up the god damn phone, huh? I know you're at work, but don't you ever get a fucking piss break?! If you don't call me back by the time I'm out of work I'm gonna break into your home. Please, call me back soon." You hung up for the nth time. You spent the last ten minutes trying to contact Shin, to no avail.

"Everything all right?" Alexandris asked.

"Fuck. I hope. Sorry for swearing, I know you're, like, thirteen years old."

"I'm fucking twenty."

"Yeah, yeah, I know that. That's what I said." You waved your hands around. "I'm gonna take a piss break, and then I'll be ready to get back out there. He was the only table we were waiting on, right?" Alex nodded. "Great. He's probably still sitting out there, waiting eerily."

"What do you have against that guy?"

"...It's just a thing. The guy I was trying to defend is my... friend, and that thing out there has been giving him a hard time, lately."

"Shitty."

"Yeah, but what can you do?"

"Call the police?"

"ACAB, Alex, ACAB. We'll have to try that, though. Not today, and not here."

~ * ~

As you had predicted, Sou was still by himself. He looked a bit upset. Alex decided to check on him. When they came back, they told you to follow them.

They grabbed a cup and began filling it with water and ice. "He's still waiting for someone. I suggested getting a glass of water because it's easy to dehydrate in this weather."

"It's raining."

"You forget to hydrate in this weather. Scientifically proven."

"Source?"

"Trust me, bro." They gave you a funny look before walking past you and handing Hiyori the glass.

You watched them exchange a few words before Alex came back. "What a freak," Alex said.

"Did he say something?"

"I asked him if he was sure he didn't want to order anything, like an appetizer or something small, and he looked at me with this weird expression and told me not to ask him again until his friend showed up. Is his friend the person you were trying to call earlier?"

You hummed a tone of discomfort, "More than likely, considering he hasn't shown up yet, and he wasn't replying."

"I hope he's okay."

~ * ~

Sou Hiyori sat in the same spot, drinking out of the same glass of water, staring at the same booth across from him until there were ten minutes left before closing. Then, he left.

"We took care of like nine other tables, but Shin never showed up." You spoke to Alex, but mostly to yourself.

"Did your friend ever call you back?" They asked.

"Shit, I should check." You left Alex behind, going to the break room where your bag was. When you checked your phone, you noticed no new messages or calls. Alex eventually followed you into the room. "No news. I'm clocking out a few minutes early."

"Go ahead. Boss left, like, an hour ago because he needed to go home. I'm not going to stop you, and we know damn well the others won't either."

"Thanks, Alex." You grabbed your bag and ran out of the restaurant. As you walked to your car, you pulled out your phone and began to dial Shin's phone number for what had to be the... maybe fourteenth time that night.

You slammed your car door shut and immediately locked the doors. You put your phone on speaker and set it in your cup holder, keeping your hands free so you could drive like the responsible adult you were.

"Hello?" Shin greeted you. He sounded groggy.

"Fuckass!" You shouted.

"What?!"

"Your ass does not get off of work at nine at night. Why the fuck didn't you call me back?! I was worried to fucking hell!"

"My phone died while I was working, and I took a nap as it was charging. I just woke up, no need to scream. We haven't even gone that far yet."

"So you're home right now, correct?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"Great, I'm coming over. Try locking all your windows and doors until I get there."

"What?"

"I'm just worried. I would explain right now but I'm driving in the dark so it's not safe for me to be multitasking. I'll be over in ten. Hang up."

"...Okay." You heard the tone signaling that the call had ended because Shin was a little bitch that listened to your every word.

~ * ~

You sat next to Shin on his couch. You just stared at him in silence.

"What's wrong?" Shin finally asked.

"Are you okay?"

Shin inhaled deeply through his nose then yawned, "Yeah. Just tired. What did you need to tell me?"

"Hiyori was waiting for you at the restaurant today."

"Oh." Shin said simply, "I know."

You looked at him in disbelief, "You... know?"

"Yes. He messaged me earlier telling me to meet him there... again, so I blocked him. I knew that he would show up even if I didn't reply. I told him I didn't want to see him again. I don't. I'm trying to listen to your therapist. You told me, 'You gotta stand firm with what you believe in. Like gay rights.'"

"I did say that." You shook your head dismissively, "Are you not worried?"

"About what?"

"Are you not worried that he knows where you live?"

"When we spoke yesterday, I asked him if he did, and he said in the most genuine way I have ever heard him speak in the eight years I've known him, that he did not."

You stared at Shin, "I wouldn't trust that fucker as far as I can throw him. I know you know him better than I do, but it wouldn't hurt to be... more cautious." You bit your lip, "I'm worried. You know you're my friend, right? I just don't want something to happen to you. You know I'd never forgive myself." You were frightened just thinking about what could happen to him.

Shin grabbed one of your hands, "I know. Don't worry, I care about you too. There isn't much I can do in the first place." He laughed helplessly. "I'm scared too, y'know. I don't think he'll... kill me, at the very least. He seems too obsessed with me to do that." That didn't ease your nerves at all. Shin noticed that.

He pulled you close to him, and he wrapped his arms around your back. "Don't do that." He said. "Don't look at me like that. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... make you worry, earlier. I would say I would've called you back sooner if I were awake, but I think I would've been too nervous, thinking you were busy with work." He chuckled.

Slowly, you hugged him back, but only for a brief moment. When you pulled away, you took in the view of his apartment. "I like the simple look you've got going on, here."

"No, I'm just broke as hell. Why do you think I work at a convenience store?"

~ * ~

1700 words

8/3/22

A/N: fantastic authors note we've got today. I have the rest of the story planned out. MWAHAHAHAH you guys will be going for a fucking RIDE (lmao get it get it) but it'll end on a nice note. End with 10-12 chapters total :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 109 28
Yuzuru's classmate loves art. To (them/him/her) Yuzuru is the most beautiful piece of art. This will be written as (They/He/She) and you'll have dif...
82.5K 2.3K 22
𝘊𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯: 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘴. 𝘕𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘮. {𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘑�...
67.7K 2.1K 27
「君のノート」 "これは君のもの、でしょう?" (This is yours, isn't it?) "はい" (Yes.) When fate finds it's way to reunite you with your lover in you past life, what do you...
122K 4.3K 23
(Y/N) is a trans guy who just transferred to Karasuno. Once there, he realizes that he needs to join a club and chooses the boys volleyball team. Mee...