π’π€π‹π•π€π“πˆπŽπβ”€π›πžπ₯π₯𝐚...

Par paradiseearth

[BOOK TWO IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] losing her twin brother was one of the hardest things avery collins had to... Plus

01. rest
02. the one where we're all going to die
03. growing old
04. first the fish
05. doomsday cult
06. the list
07. best friend
08. in the trap
09. sniper on the loose
10. heart on fire
11. plan b
12. internal enemies
13. the arrow
14. the house
15. the answer
16. the test
17. monsters
18. sacrifice
19. grudges
20. natblida
21. sisters
22. conclave
23. the victor
24. monin hou
25. friend or foe
26. back home?
27. sat-star one
28. home
part II
29. the ring
30. dynasty
31. alien spaceships
32. aye aye captain
33. no (wo)man left behind
34. back to the ground
35. trusting
36. echoes
37. no means no
38. the enemy itself
check in! (not an update)
39. the escape
40. guns
41. betrayals
42. sunshine to badass
43. reunited
44. preparations
45. evacuation
46. countdown
47. ten year slumber
48. our hope
part III
49. the awakening
50. planet alpha
51. swarms
52. warnings
53. foes
54. homicidal maniacs
55. kepa-she
56. primes
57. one way or another
58. greer
59. forgiveness and parties
60. heartbreak
61. eureka
62. child of gabriel
63. missing
64. answers
65. a-l-i-v-e
66. in the joberry field
67. our hell
68. at the stake
69. revived
70. chaos
71. non-believers
72. adjustment protocol
73. the other side
part IV
74. farmhouse
75. no kings or queens
76. for the thousands
77. disciples
78. take two
79. bardo
80. GEM9
81. traitor
82. earth
83. no forgiveness
84. hurts like hell
85. shaken
86. back to sanctum
87. flatline
88. ghosts
89. revived
90. the last war
91. the choice
92. together
93. a new life
94. rebuilding
95. those who remain
-after-
I.
II.
III.
the end.
new stories! + hi imy
one year anniversary!
-bonus chapters!-
bonus chapter: two

bonus chapter: one

2.9K 57 44
Par paradiseearth

-five months after human transcendence-

The worst feeling in the world is when your body decides to betray you. It was the one thing that you were supposed to be able to rely on at all times. The one thing that needed to work with you, not against you.

Currently, Avery Blake's body was absolutely working against her.

No matter what she ate, it came right back up. She could barely even keep water down. The dramatic side of her was pretty sure she was dying.

So, that's why she was currently hunched over, her body slumped against a tree as her entire breakfast ended up on the floor of the forest. To be honest, the eggs Murphy had made that morning kind of sucked anyway so she wasn't that upset about it.

The sound of someone moving toward her caused Avery to look up for a moment, brushing the wild hair from her face. "I told you to stay away, Bellamy!" She called, using all of her energy to force out words loud enough to reach him. "You do not want to see this."

"It's not Bellamy."

Avery groaned, moving away from the spot she had just been sick for the fifth time that morning. "What do you want?"

John Murphy cocked his head, giving his best friend a slightly offended look. "You know, Collins, that's no way to greet someone who's trying to help you."

"Sorry, John." She sighed, sliding her back against the trunk of tree so she was seated. "I feel like death."

"You kind of look like it too." He teased, passing her a cup of water. "Everyone's worried about you."

Resting her head against the tree, Avery closed her eyes. "I have no idea what this is. It's definitely not a bug...and I've eaten all the same things as everyone else so why would I be the only one that—oh my God." Her eyes flew open, realization dawning on her. How could she be so stupid!

Confusion washed over Murphy's face as he went over what Avery had just said, hoping to find a clue in her words. It took him a moment, but he got there. "Holy shit, you're—"

Avery clamped her hand down over his mouth, preventing him from saying anything else. "Don't." She warned. "Don't say it."

Pushing her hand away, Murphy was still wide-eyed. "It all makes so much sense now!"

"What?" Avery questioned, her mind still running a mile a minute at the revelation she had just made.

Murphy grinned, "Why you've been such a bitch lately."

Avery's existential crisis was paused. "Okay, that's a bit much, John." Her best friend laughed at her words, his smile slowly fading as it all seemed to sink in.

"You have to tell Bellamy." He announced, which earned a stern glare from Avery.

"No shit." She muttered, eyes straying down toward her stomach. She had always wanted a family with Bellamy, but was now the best time? They had barely been back on Earth for a year. They had yet to build their permanent homes, and food was still hit or miss. Were they really ready to bring a baby into all of this?

Nudging her shoulder with his own, Murphy gave Avery a comforting smile. "You've got this Collins. Isn't this what you always wanted?"

"Yeah." She agreed, fear creeping through her, causing a lump to form in her chest. "I just—I don't know."

"Go tell Bellamy." Murphy instructed, "He's going to be so happy."

Turning toward him, Avery wore a small smile. It didn't quite reach her eyes, but it was there. "Thanks, John." She muttered, gratefully accepting his help up. "Don't you dare tell anyone." She then warned, giving him a hard look. "Not even Emori."

Murphy raised his hands in surrender. "I wouldn't dare mess with you right now, Collins. I'm literally afraid of you."

A laugh bubbled in Avery's chest as she made her way back toward the main part of their camp where she was sure to find Bellamy. Nerves fluttered in her stomach as she searched the beach, eyes instantly falling on her husband.

He and Miller were in the middle of planning out where their future settlement was going to go. Although no building had begun, everyone was working on their future everyday...and now Avery was literally growing their future inside of her.

"Hey." Bellamy called as he saw her approaching, a worried crease in his forehead. "Are you okay?"

Avery's eyes flickered to Miller, giving him a small smile before refocusing her attention on Bellamy. "Yeah. Can I just talk to you for a second?"

The worry didn't fade from Bellamy's face as he stepped away from Miller, taking a hold of Avery's hand. He could tell something was off just by her voice.

Silently, he led her away from camp, toward the water. The waves quietly lapped at the couple's feet as they came to a stop. "Ave, what's wrong?" Bellamy wondered, a certain tightness to his voice. The thought of anything worrying or hurting his wife absolutely terrified him. He could barely so much as handle her getting a little scratch these days without feeling like part of him was hurt as well.

Looking down at her stomach for a moment, Avery felt a flutter in her heart. This wasn't a bad thing...this was good. She knew Bellamy would see it like that too. Whatever fear she had been feeling before was slowly subsiding.

Bellamy brushed a piece of stray hair from her face. "What is it? You can tell me."

Avery took a hold of each of his hands, giving him a small smile. "I'm pregnant."

For a moment, all that could be heard was the sound of the waves combined with the sound of Avery's own heartbeat in her ears. And then, she heard her favourite sound in the world...Bellamy's laugh.

It wasn't a laugh of humour, but one of utter glee. His face lit up, a smile breaking across his lips, only seen by Avery briefly before he pulled her into a tight hug. "Are you serious?" He breathed, holding her close, pressing kisses to her neck.

Avery's own laugh escaped from her lips as she circled her arms around his neck. "I'm serious."

Bellamy pulled away for a moment, studying his wife's features. It was his favourite thing to do...to just look at her. "I'm going to be a dad?" He wondered, voice breaking slightly as tears of joy brimmed at his eyes.

She hadn't expected to cry, but soon enough the tears burst from her eyes as Avery let out a teary laugh. "You're going to be a dad." She confirmed, words barely leaving her mouth by the time Bellamy had pressed his lips to hers.

"I know we still have a lot to do here, but we can do this, Ave. This baby will be so loved." Without even knowing it, Bellamy was easing each and every fear his wife had had.

Pulling him back toward her, Avery kissed him again. Her heart filling with so much joy it felt like it was going to explode. "I love you." She mumbled against his lips. "I love you so much."

Bellamy cupped her face, pressing their foreheads together. "I love you, so much more than you'll ever know." His hands moved down to her stomach for a moment. "Hi baby." He whispered, a joyful smile on his lips. "It's your daddy."

Avery grinned, placing her hand overtop of his own. "We're having a baby." She whispered, as if the reality had just set in.

"We should probably tell the others." Bellamy declared, eyes straying toward where the rest of the group were working.

A sheepish look covered Avery's face. "John already kinda knows...he was there when I had the breakthrough discovery."

Surprisingly, Bellamy laughed. "He truly is the third person in our marriage, isn't he?"

"He wishes."

---

It wasn't until later that night that Bellamy and Avery finally decided to tell the others. They took the day to soak it in just the two of them, but now it was time to let the others into their happiness.

Part of the reason they decided to do it that night was also because Avery could tell Murphy was about to spill their secret. The looks he kept giving her were obvious enough.

"So," Bellamy announced to everyone that night after dinner. Everyone ceased the conversations they were in, looking to him with expectation. "We have something to tell you guys."

Clearing her throat, Avery finished his sentence, the smile already breaking onto her face. There was no point drawing it out any further, they all surely knew the minute Bellamy said they had news. "I'm pregnant."

A legitimate scream, one that actually startled half of the group came from Raven as she shot up, clapping her hands together. "I knew it!"

Octavia was wearing the biggest smile as she hurried to her feet, rushing over to pull her brother and best friend-turned-sister-in-law into a bone crushing hug.

The rest of the group were all speaking at once, everyone trying to provide their excited sentiments. Soon enough, like every time good news was shared in that group—that family— a large group hug ensued.

Avery had never felt so happy.

The fear she had felt from before was still there, but it was buried so deep it didn't even matter. She was going to be a mother, a mother to the love of her life's child. She had her entire family here to support her, and she knew that one way or another everything was going to work out.

Their future started now.

---

-an-

one year since i finished this series so i thought i would give you guys a little chapter about when they found out they were pregnant with eden <3

thank you to  for requesting this!

love you all

-maddy xoxo

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2.7M 64.5K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
264K 5K 25
' She's a lost girl in her own little world, she looks so happy but she seems so sad. ' - disclaimer: i do not own the 100! all rights to the creator...
26.9K 384 28
''Every breath I take it makes me feel so broken. There are so many words that have gone unspoken.'' β™‘β™‘β™‘ She talked to the girl on earth every day h...
5.7K 174 29
Jaycee is going on an intense journey through the post-apocalyptic world, where the struggle for survival becomes increasingly desperate. With the h...