The One (Steddie)

De Jae_Kings

My cover (I hate it, and I'm changing it soon) !Not my characters! They belong to the Duffer Brothers. 1986... Mais

Shit got serious
Bad memories
Ooh Love, Ooh Lover boy
Vecna's next victim
Letters
Let the music guide you
Puzzle
Lost and Found
Goddamn it
Neglecting Feelings
Upside Down Wheeler's
Changing targets
Water, Salt and Trauma
Plans

The Game

120 4 9
De Jae_Kings

Steve's POV

"Then there's Heidi tomorrow night, but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college." And she's not my type. "Do I wanna start another relationship that has no point other than sex?" I feel dissapointed to say the least. This has been going for months, I can't find THE one, not even close. "I mean... Does that make sense to you?" I turn to Robin, still keeping my eyes on the road, as she does her eyelashes carefully.

I wait for a few seconds before realizing that she wasn't paying any attention to what I was saying.

"Robin, are you listening?"

"Uh, yes" she replies, still on her own world.

"What did I just say?"

"Something about sex with Linda!" She guesses randomly.

"No! I'm talking about Heidi!" I shout loudly.

"Cut me some slack, please!" She yells back.

"Well-" I'm cut off before I can even reply.

"Your love life is one of labyrinthine complexity. It is 7:00 in the morning, we have this stupid pep rally and I woke up looking like a corpse." She mumbles as she touches her hair and face while checking herself on the car's mirror.

"You're worried about the Basketball pep rally? Do you expect me to believe that?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yeah, so?" I interrupt her this time.

"So.. we both know what this is about. Ok? I'm not buying that bullshit, this is about Vickie!" I crack the case.

"No, absolutely not."

"Yes it is, you know what else I think?"

"I don't care-"

"I think you should stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her, ok? You just gotta be yourself." I explain to her.

"You're literally quoting me to me, you do realize that?"

"Well, maybe you need to listen to yourself sometimes. Ever think about that? I listened. Now look at me. Boom! Back to business." I lie, like I've been doing to myself for the past month.

"It's not the same thing, okay?"

"Well..."

"You ask a girl out and she says no. Big deal, nothing happens. Maybe your ego is a little bruised. But I ask out the wrong girl and bam, I'm a town pariah!" She explains, and I understand her. I accept her, but not everyone is like that. People are... Afraid of differences, afraid of things they can't understand. But there are things we can't control and it's hard to understand that sometimes. But what Robin described about Vickie, seemed just like her, and even if she is not gay, I think she would understand.

"I'd buy that, except Vickie is definitely not the wrong girl."

"We just, don't know that, do we?"

"She returned Fast Times paused at 53 minutes, five seconds." Seriously, does she not see how gay that is? "Do you know who pauses Fast Times at 53 minutes, five seconds?" We had this conversation a thousand times already, but she still doesn't get it.

She just shakes her head in shame of what I'm about to say.

"People who like boobies, Robin!"

"Ew! Gross, don't say boobies."

"Boobies" I repeat. "I like boobies" I guess "You like boobies!" I say, before pausing dramatically. "Vickie likes boobies, definitely!"

Robin just keeps shaking her head, disappointed.

"It's boobies!"

---

We get to school and we have that whole Tiggers celebration so I have to go with the Basketball team, because yes, I'm still part of it. I was supposed to do the speech, but I don't really want to so I let that blonde guy with a 'punch me face' do it. He also looked a lot more excited than I was.

I will admit, that was a pretty good speech. I bet that guy could convince a whole school that a bunny was going to start flying at any moment if he tried hard enough.  He said something to a blonde cheerleader that I do not care about. Robin and Vickie kept looking at each other and I swear if they do not kiss right now- I mean, not right now, I don't want them to be hate crimed. My favourite ki- I mean Henderson was chatting with Wheeler junior and Lucas kept looking at Max, who looked pretty mad at him. Jeez, what did you do this time, Sinclair. I still don't get why he joined the Basketball team, I never thought it was his thing, but whatever.

Mike and Dustin seemed a bit down after the speech, which I found weird, but I thought nothing of it.

Eddie's POV

"The Devil has come to America. Dungeons and Dragons, at first regarded as a harmless game of make-believe, now has both parents and  psychologists concerned. Studies have linked violent behavior to the game, saying it promotes satanic worship, ritual sacrifice, sodomy, suicide, and even... Murder!" I mock with a deep voice, reading the stupid article like it is a joke.

Everyone sitting on the table laughs at my sarcastic reading. This is what I like to call, the Hellfire club.

Slowly, I see Henderson and Wheeler walking to our table. Oh they definitely feel guilty about something.

"Society has to blame something." One of my pals explains. "We're an easy target."

"Exactly. We're the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game." I say, upset. I don't see why that is a reason for society to pick on us. I start getting on the table, standing up to get everyone's attention. "But as long as you're into band, or science... Or parties..." I yell, looking at those... Social people. "Or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!" I yell looking at the jocks' table, where Sinclair is also sat, right next to Steve Harrington. I don't know why those two are close, but as long as King Harrington doesn't pick on one of my freaks, he's good to go. The blonde guy from the speech gets up, mad.

"Do you want something, freak?" He shouts back. Harrington gets up and places a hand on his shoulder, trying to call the other down.

"C'mon, he just wants attention, don't give him what he wants." He says, making the other sit back. I chuckle, he's not safe either.

"Harrington! How many bitches did you fuck last night? Or did they all leave you because they realized your hair is all you have to show off?" I shout, trying to get his reaction. He just shook his head and sat back down, between Sinclair and Jason. It's been like this for two years, we're unable to get a reaction from him, like he changed. But that can't be true.

Steve's POV

Munson just keeps making fun of other people as he moves on from me. I know he's just trying to make us mad, but I can't help but think about what he said. Do girls think that of me? Yeah, I don't show my real personality much around them, but that's just to keep the mood. I don't know at this point. I also don't get why he's doing this. I mean, if he wants to fight against bullies, why turn himself into the bully? Is that just his way of fighting back?

We keep eating and Lucas keeps looking at the freaks' table, clearly worried. I mean yeah, Dustin and Mike are there and I don't like to see my childr- my young friends mad at each other.

Eddie's POV

"C'mon Eddie, I told you he's a cool dude! Why do you keep making fun of him?" Henderson keeps bugging me. Steve Harrington? A cool dude? How can a rich guy like him not be a douchebag? And why would he and Dustin be friends? I mean, from what I've seen, the trio of nerds treat him like a friend!

"Why do you like him so much? How on Earth would you get in a situation where you get to know Steve Harrington?! Are you going to join the dark side, just like Sinclair?" I ask, annoyed by his persistence.

Mike and Dustin start to freak out and I can feel a lie coming from miles away.

"W-well... You know t-the fire at Hawkings Mall? He was the one that saved me and w-we started to hang out." He said. I know there are missing parts in this story, but I'll let it pass for now.

"At the mall? What would he be doing at the mall?"

"He worked there!" Henderson replied.

"Yeah, at scoops ahoy!" Mike completed, nervously. I can't help but imagine stupid Harrington wearing a scoops ahoy uniform. And the hat hiding his hair would be hilarious. I can't help but blush a bit at the thought.

"Ok, whatever. Don't forget to find a substitute for tonight!" I yell as I push them to find someone. I need time for myself to think about whatever is going on with Steve Harrington, because now, now I'm curious.

---

I met up with Chrissy, like she asked, to make the deal. She seemed a bit freaked out, but I think that's normal, after all, it's her first time buying drugs. And it was very weird when she asked for stronger drugs.

Steve's POV

I drove with Brenda to school. Maybe she can be the one I'm looking for. I see Robin and Vickie looking at each other just like during the speech. I say goodbye to Brenda as I walk back to where the players are supposed to wait.

I almost choked when Tammy Thompson walks in the gym, filled with people to sing. God my ears don't deserve this.

I quickly look at Robin, in shock and she looks back at me. She starts to sing and my ears almost kill themselves.

I mouth 'told you, muppet' to Robin and she chuckles, before looking at Vickie. They start talking a bit and I almost yell in celebration.

Brenda looks at Tammy with admiration, almost nodding her head along with the anthem. I looked at her, I can't believe she likes this, what the hell.

Eddie's POV

"Absolutely not" I deny, as I look at the kid in front of me. Like hell, even Steve Harrington would be better than this.

"You asked for a sub. We delivered." Henderson explained. Is he kidding me?

"This is the Hellfire club, not babysitting club."

"I'm eleven years old, you long-haired freak." She says, sassier than anyone I've seen older than her.

"My, my, the child speaks." My friends chuckle. I get up, angry but calm. "So, what's your name, child?"

"Erica Sinclair." She replies, without breaking her posture once. Sinclair? I laugh.

"So this is Sinclair's infamous sister."

"He's sharp." She tells Henderson and Wheeler, but my friends laugh too, making me mad. Who does this kid think she is?

"What's your class and level? Level one dwarf?" I ask, earning more laughs than before.

"My name is Lady Applejack. And I'm a chaotic good half-elf rogue, level 14. And I will sneak behind any monster you throw my way and stab them in the back with my poison-soaked kukri. And I'll smile as I watch them die a slow, agonizing death." Everyone turns silent as we hear her speach in awe.  "So, we gonna do this, or we gonna keep chitchatting like this is your mommy's book club?" She finishes and everyone is stunned, looking at each other as they process this information. I like this girl.

I smirk as I show her my hand, waiting for her to shake it for the games to begin.

"Welcome to hellfire" and she shakes it.

Steve's POV

Sinclair keeps looking at the audience, not paying much attention to the game. I realize why he's so worried. Neither Henderson or Wheeler junior were there. Man that's sad, weren't they best friends?  The game starts, Sinclair is on the bench, as always. I don't have a good feeling about tonight but I ignore it, going into the game with my best. I know I'm one of the strongest players, and I need to help my team, even if most of them are jerks. I have managed to hit the Ball in the Basket 4 times now, when suddenly, a guy bumps into me, with all of his force. When I hit the floor, my right arm is in the wrong position and a very loud click is heard. I let out a silent scream as the agonizing pain covers my arm. Jason almost hits the other player, while people tried to help me get up. Robin rushes to me as some doctors start to look at my arm.

"Steve, holy shit, that looks painful!" She says. Yeah no shit sherlock, I wanted to reply something but it hurt too much for me to even think about it. Lucas looked worried sick when they told him to replace me.

I'm never coming to one of these games again.

---

Yay, we won, but now I have a broken arm. I'm happy for Sinclair but the pain on my poor arm can't make me change my opinion on this Basketball game: shit. Brenda left, which is fine, it clearly wasn't going to work out. Robin offers to ride me home, she got her drivers license last week, which I accept.

She leaves me at my house, which I am grateful for. I look around and sigh, they aren't here yet. My parents left a month ago, like they do all the time. They went to Florida or New York, I don't even know anymore. I'm not complaining though, my relationship with them is... Complicated. I can't help but think this isn't the only bad thing that is going to happen today.

I walk to the bathroom, cleaning my face with only one arm, which is pretty difficult. My head hurts a lot and my nose started bleeding. Weird, I don't remember hitting my nose.

And I go to bed.

[2331 words]
Well, that is the first chapter. Vote and share if you liked it. Steddie is still a rare ship so I decided to write my own fanfiction of it.
I hope you liked it, it didn't have much Steddie yet, but you'll have to wait hehe.
It still isn't very different from the show, I want to make events from it a bit different but not change it completely ig.
If I did any mistakes please warn me so I can correct them.
It'll take a long time for me to update so...
Bye.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

4.9K 172 16
Steve Harrington and Eddie Munson, even though defeating Vecna and saving the world together, have not become the best of friends. Steve hates to...
2.8K 71 16
Steve Harrington x Eddie Munson!!! This fic is based off of Stranger Things but it doesn't follow the storyline of the show! It has different concep...
123 3 1
Steve has a crush...on Eddie. It's been lingering in his blood for 5 years now. Ever since they fought in the Upside down together. 5 years of never...
1.7K 67 16
A choose your own ending story! It's time to make your mind up. It's summer in Hawkins, the weather is hot but the boys are hotter. You've loved Ste...