𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬...

elle_grace12 tarafından

☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 ☄︎ ☄︎ ☄︎ "Faye it is time for your suffering to... Daha Fazla

𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐚-𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞) faye harper
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐰𝐨) the hideout
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) the furious five
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫) accident
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞) high and higher
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐢𝐱) the smell lingers
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) bruised and bloody
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) hand shaped
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞) mixtape
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐞𝐧) eagle eye
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) harrington
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞) buy her flowers
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) head over heels
𝐟𝐚𝐲𝐞'𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞) bite marks
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐰𝐨) horror movies
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) the tolkien universe
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫) haunted house
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞) cardboard boxes
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐢𝐱) hands and chords
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) merry and bright
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) the flu
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞) happy new year
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐞𝐧) hellfire
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) dragon tattoo
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞) guitar solo
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) spaghetti, no bolognaise
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) his story
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) the one who runs away
𝐛-𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞) the worlds changed
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐰𝐨) broken
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) steve and his oar
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫) bad news first, always
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞) reefer rick
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐢𝐱) devil in the face
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) go hungry
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) drowned, dead and gone
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞) grandfather clock
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐞𝐧) faye, it is time
𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞) i've got you
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐰𝐨) lovers lake
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) the bat-tle
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫) lost in the past
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞) the trip between worlds
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐢𝐱) beginning of the end
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) hot-wire
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) the war zone
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞) never change
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐞𝐧) master of puppets
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞) when it's cold, i'd like to die
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) really, crazily, deeply, truly
(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) the end

(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) it's finally my year

827 26 34
elle_grace12 tarafından

THE BATS CLATTERED AGAINST THE WALLS OF THE TRAILER with horrible screeches that seemed to echo throughout every room. They scraped their talons along the scrap metal in a way that sent Faye's nerves on edge and she could hear them throwing all the power of their leathery wings into the boarded up windows and doors. Faye's heart went on and on and on steadily counting down as she looked fearfully towards Eddie.

"Hey, it's alright" Eddie turned and saw the fear stricken expression moulded over Faye's features. He took her arms and pulled her forwards into his chest, wrapping his arms around her as Faye watched out the small cracks for the tiniest of shadows to appear between the gaps in the metal.

"They can't get us here"

"You sure about that?" Faye stated in fear as thunder clapped loudly above their heads, "because I'm not entirely convinced"

"Here" Eddie turned and grabbed the spears and shields they'd set against the walls. He threw two in the direction of Faye and Dustin who caught them perfectly before he rolled the carefully nailed shields across the floor. As Faye held the metal handle tight in her hand, she didn't feel anymore safe than she had done a second ago.

"There's loads of them" Faye spoke in a scratchy voice.

"Yeah and we boarded up this place for good reason" Dustin pointed out as he held his own spear and shield tight in hand. Steadily they faced all corners of the room with their backs lightly against each other, turning in a slow pattern as they listened to the screeches and snarls of the many bats outside. Faye's heart seemed to beat louder than ever, the thunder threatening them from way above their heads.

The creatures continued to slam their bodies against the sides of the trailer and Faye tightened her grip on the spear, staring at the point of the knife as it glinted in the dull light. She couldn't help but lift her eyes to the gateway thrumming above their heads, she saw the warm light seeping out of somewhere she had once thought of as home but felt they couldn't be further away.

As though someone has turned down a volume dial, the crazed noises of the bats started to die out. Faye looked around in surprise as the chattering of teeth and scratching of claws turned to small whispers and the world went dead around them. She craned her neck to stare at Eddie who looked equally as confused as she was.

"Hey dipshits!" Dustin yelled loudly which caused Faye to jump, hitting her back against Eddie's shoulder, "give up that easy, huh?"

"Shhh" Eddie hushed violently, "is that really necessary?"

Suddenly from above their heads Faye heard a loud clattering sound followed by a soft thumping, all of their necks snapped up in an instant to stare at where the noise had come from. Faye's heart created a racket in her chest.

"They're on the roof" Eddie stated uneasily as the three of them turned slowly and stared at where the small thuds and chitters of annoyed bats were coming from.

"I don't like this" Faye groaned quietly, "I really don't like this"

"Shit, shit, shit" Dustin continuously repeated in a whisper as their eyes traced over many of the thick vines on the ceiling, listening intently to every movement that the colony of bats continued to make.

Their steps were light as ghosts as they walked carefully across the floor with Dustin in the lead. Faye stayed close to Eddie's shoulder with a terrified expression permanently painted onto her eyes. The thrilling of the swarm seemed to get louder as they walked further into the room and as Faye's gaze gravitated onto where it was coming from, her eyes collided with a small plastic white vent.

"Shit" Faye stated simply.

"They can't get in through there, can they?" Dustin asked anxiously.

All of a sudden one of the mottled, disfigured creatures stuck it's screaming head through the hole in the ceiling. Faye yelled loudly in panic, dropping her shield onto the floor. Dustin screamed too as the creature tried to shove its writhing body through the space it'd created.

At the same time Dustin, Faye and Eddie sprinted forwards with their spears held tight in hand. Faye brandished the knife point again and again, hearing it collide horribly with the skin of the bat. She saw drops of black blood hit onto the carpet in front of them but still the creature continued to shriek. Both Dustin and Eddie followed the same movements of stabbing the creature over and over again with horrified eyes.

"Die!" Dustin screamed as he jumped up and down in order to properly reach the bats trying to claw their way into the trailer, "Die! Die! Die!"

Faye saw something blur past her eye and as she turned in surprise she saw Eddie backing away from the hole in the ceiling, she faltered with her hands still clutching the spear as more bats managed to thrust their heads through the small airway.

"Eddie!" Dustin screamed as he kept throwing all his force into stabbing the faces of the creatures, "I need you! Please"

"Get out of the way!" Eddie yelled desperately, "get out of the way!"

Faye stumbled back quickly at the same time as Dustin as Eddie rushed forwards with one of the nailed shields in his hands. Jumping up onto a chair, he shoved it over his head with a decisive bang and forced it to collide with the ceiling above their heads. The force caused the nails to plant themselves into the space around the vent and as Eddie removed his hands, the dustbin lid stayed there, unshaken by the movements of the bats.

"Holy shit" Eddie spoke breathlessly, "holy shit"

"Nice" Dustin nodded in his direction.

"Thanks" Eddie sighed, jumping down from the chair and giving Dustin a feeble high five before he leant into Faye's side. Faye rested her head against his as he pressed his forehead into her shoulder and watched as Dustin looked around.

"Are there any other vents?" He spoke in a fearful tone.

Faye's heart dropped.

"Bathroom" she whispered.

"Oh shit!" Eddie yelled, springing into life again as he darted away from Faye and started sprinting down the corridor.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit" Dustin called as he and Faye followed in fast succession.

Just as they made it to the door of the bathroom there was an almighty crash. Faye screamed very loud as she watched the lid of the metal vent get thrown into the air. A dozen bats flew into the room, beating their leather wings around crazily as they stared for something to think their teeth into. Eddie swore loudly before he grabbed the handle of the door and swung it shut with a huge thud.

"What the fuck!" Faye yelled manically, her mind spinning faster than it had ever spun in her life.

"Shit!" Dustin cried as the three of them started to quickly back down the corridor, Eddie standing almost protectively in front of them with his spear held about before his eyes. Faye watched as the door was shaken by the force of the bats. Cracks started to appear against the white surface as the wood splintered and broke, small pieces ripping from the surface.

Eddie grabbed the shield that Faye had dropped off the floor and held it out in front of him as Faye and Dustin found themselves standing under the gate. Faye looked up desperately as she remembered what Steve had said to them.

"That's not gonna hold!" Dustin screamed.

"Let's go!" Eddie cried out, his voice breaking with the strain in which he'd said it, "let's go!"  

Dustin grabbed hold of the rope and started to hurriedly pull himself up. Faye watched with her heart sending shockwaves through her body so fast that she thought she might be sick. Dustin grunted loudly with the effort it took to pull himself up and Faye watched as he approached closer to the ceiling.

"Come on!" Eddie yelled out in panic, "quickly!"

Dustin made it to the ceiling and Faye watched him fall onto the mattress with a thud before she grabbed hold of the sheets and started to pull herself up. There was a large thud on the door.

"Go Faye!" Eddie screamed, "go!"

Faye moved faster than she'd moved in her life, ripping muscles in her arms just to tear herself up the sheets as fast as she could. Her vision was blurring with tears of terror as she made it closer and closer to the top. As she poked her head through, Faye flung herself forwards with a strain of effort before she felt herself fall onto the mattress. She didn't waist anytime in pulling herself to her feet and turning with her mind alive with worry to watch Eddie.

"Eddie come on!" Dustin yelled as Faye made it through.

He threw down his spear and shield, staring at the door apprehensively as he grabbed hold of the sheets and started to wrench himself up them. Faye did not take her eyes off him even for a second, heart beating in her mouth over and over again. Always counting down.

"Eddie!" Faye cried out, tears swarming her vision, "Hurry up, Eddie hurry up!"

"Eddie come on let's go!" Dustin begged, "come on Eddie, you're so close"

But something had happened and Eddie had stopped. He looked through to the other side of the world and for once Faye could not understand what words he tried to speak through his eyes. She stared back at him with tears falling down her face, shaking her head slowly as she watched Eddie stare back at the door that she knew was about to fly open any moment.

"Eddie please!" The words ripped out of Faye's chest with a horrible scream.

Eddie let go of the rope and his feet collided with the floor under him and Faye swore for a moment everything stopped. He looked back at Faye with a sorrowful expression in his face and a traumatic look in his eyes.

"Eddie!" Faye sobbed, "come on! Come on!"

"I love you" Eddie stated before he picked up his spear from the floor with a terrible yell and swung the knife directly through the rope of sheets. They fell perfectly into Dustin's hands.

"Eddie?" Dustin cried out in horror as he watched the bond between the worlds sever.

Faye couldn't speak. She wanted to scream louder than she'd ever screamed before and she wanted to plead and beg for him to come back to her. She needed him to come back to her. Faye had to feel him in her arms, she had so many things that she wanted to tell him and so many things she wanted to hear. Faye wanted to hold him and kiss him and tell him everything would be alright. She wanted to stroke his hair and touch his face, wake up and stare at him or fall asleep lain on him and now, now she could only see an end.

"Eddie!" Dustin's voice was strained in desperation.

Eddie pushed the mattress away from the floor above their heads, throwing it away from the gate.

"Eddie stop!" The young boy pleaded, "Eddie stop! Stop! Stop! Eddie what are you doing?"

Eddie had picked up a shield and a spear now, he turned back and stared at them through the gateway that had ripped through their worlds. It hurt to stare at him. It hurt to look upon the features that she'd called beautiful so many times and know that she couldn't reach out and touch him, that he was so far away from her now.

"I'm buying more time" Eddie stated, throwing the shield onto his back before he turned and vanished from her sight.

"No!" Dustin screamed manically, "Eddie please! Eddie!"

Faye could hear the sounds of the bats leaving, the sounds of screeching stopped containing her mind and the large leathery bodies stopped throwing themselves at the door. Silence fell and for a moment was living in blissful ignorance imagining that Eddie was standing right behind her.

However it only took a second until everything crashed into the side of her conscience like an atom bomb. Her heart ached, tucking away like a clock and her brain burdened with memories and anxieties that her shoulders could not hold anymore.

"No" she shook her head, "no... I'm not... I'm not losing him"

Faye turned, filled with determination as she listened to Dustin cry. The young boy called out Eddie's name over and over again but Faye knew that this was pointless now. Eddie could not hear them anymore. Faye grabbed a chair from beside the kitchen table and strode back to the gateway, kicking the mattress out the way so she could place the chair under it.

"What are you doing?" Dustin sobbed.

"I'm going back" Faye took a few deep breaths as she stepped back.

"Faye, your leg" Dustin pointed out but Faye ignored him. She shoved her leg towards the floor and felt the searing pain burn through her at the contact but as she steadied her breathing she knew that she could not let it bother her anymore.

She took a few steps backwards before she ran. Faye placed her non injured leg onto the chair and threw herself upwards. She hit herself against the sides of the gate, grasping desperately onto the ceiling on the other side. Faye gasped for breath as she went to pull herself up, she looked at the floor below her head and saw the hardwood taunting her.

"Fuck it" Faye muttered before she pushed herself upwards and away from the warmth of Eddie's real trailer. Faye collided with the ground and let out a scream of agony. She'd hit her shoulder on the floor and felt it pop horribly out of place.

Bile rose in her throat but she swallowed in disgust, shaking all over as she grabbed hold of her arm. Faye let out a pained cry as she shoved her shoulder backwards. It cracked in a harrowing way and as Faye twisted her grip around it still hurt awfully but the joint was at least in the right place now.

"Faye!" Dustin cried, "Faye!"

"Stay there" Faye stared up at the boy, "okay? Just stay there... I promise everything's going to be fine"

"What are you going to do?"

That was a great question. Faye stopped as she got to her feet, taking deep rasping breaths to deal with the pain that was ricocheting through her and also to stop herself from crying. Her hands were shaking violently before her eyes as she looked around the trailer.

Her eyes collided with the supplies that the others had left behind. Sticking out of the top of the bag was one of Robin's Molotov cocktails. The idea hit Faye in an instant and she took a readying breath as she wrenched the revolver from its holster.

Her hands were quivering as she opened up the side and started to take bullets from the belt around her waist. They were gold and smooth against her skin and she dropped them one by one into their separate holes. As her hands refused to stay still one of the shining bullets dropped to the floor with a light thud.

"Shit!" Faye cursed, diving down onto the floor to place it in. She shoved the revolver closed and span it around, placing it inside the holster as she grabbed the glass bottle full of the future of fire. From one of the many drawers beside the front door, Faye grabbed one of the littered lighters that collected there. She clicked it open to see a flame dance in a crisp flickering movement before she closed it again and placed it in her pocket.

"Stay here!" Faye yelled back to Dustin before she wrenched the door open into the outside world.

Eddie had taken a bike but the others were cracked under the efforts of the bats. Faye swore very loudly again before she started to run. At first this was difficult because of the pain moving up and down her leg but as she continued to collide her feet to the floor with force, she started to become more and more used to the sensation. Faye's breath was shaking as she continued to run.

In the distance she could hear the screeching of bats but she was still so far away. Why had Eddie left? Why had he not just come through the gateway when he had the chance?

Tears filled her eyes with the desperation in which Faye was forcing herself to run. No matter how much she concentrated on optimism, the worst possibilities always managed to work their way inside of Faye's mind like small spiders looking for pain to feast on. Faye heard screaming and saw blood and in that imagination, she lost everything.

Faye could not imagine, she did not want to. Over the last few months, she'd had Eddie and that was all that she had needed. He'd saved her again and again and he'd never even realised the traction he'd had on her life. Eddie didn't understand what he had done to her.

She loved him more than she could imagine and she could not, she would not let him go.

"I shouldn't be a coward"

"You're not a coward"

"No, I am...I really am... and maybe I've just been hurt too much but I wish I wasn't so scared of standing up for myself... of standing up for you. I want to know that I can protect you and I want you to know that too, yet I stand back like a pathetic idiot while you're out there punching and saying some incredible, scary shit"

"I don't need you to protect me Eddie"

"I know but I want to be strong for you and I'm not... I... I always run away"

"That's not true"

"It is because I'm a stupid wimp. I just run, every time I see trouble I run"

Faye placed all the effort she could possibly exhibit into her run. She sprinted with all the power that her body possessed. She allowed memories to carry her towards the red sky. She watched the lightning strike and felt chord of guitar somewhere in her heart. She felt the metal of Eddie's ring on her finger and the pressing of a guitar wire against her wrist.

"Eddie!" Faye heard Dustin scream in the distance behind her, "Faye!"

She should've known he would never stay back. He was way behind her, unable to run fast. Faye stared at him for a moment before she broke back into a sprint, she could help him later but for now there was no time.

Her heart was pulsing throughout her entire body and she could feel it so heavily that she thought she might die.

It was always counting and Faye was suddenly wondering if it was her life her heart had tied itself around, or Eddie's.

"I'm dedicating this song to my favourite person. She's incredible, really one of a kind"

Faye could feel the pain ripping through her leg as she clutched onto the glass bottle in her hand. Never had she been filled with so much determination, it lit her on fire and Faye could feel her soul burning, withering to ash.

"I really really love you, like crazily love you, like truly, deeply love you"

Tears stained her face as she stared at the sky. The sounds of bats seemed to contain her and Faye sobbed, the effort of emotional and physical agony ripping through her tore her heart into pieces as she listened to the steady thumping of her own pulse.

You don't need to, I am never going to stop loving you.

Her feet ached and Faye wondered how long Eddie could persist with the wheels of his bike before the terrible swirling creatures got to him. The storm raged on above in furious anger and Faye was blinded by tears and by terror as she continued to sprint.

You did save my life whether you agree to believe it or not... you're my hero.

Faye wanted to scream out for him again. She could still hear Dustin's voice echoing somewhere behind her but it was too far away to think about, like an itch in her brain. Faye focussed on what was in front of her. She could see them now, see the bats swirling around.

"I'd stay, for you Faye, I'd stay... always"

They were spinning around in the air like some terrible tornado and in the centre of their set glares he stood. As they beat their wings around him he prevailed, he was held valiantly with the shield and spear clutched in his hand. Faye watched in shock as he yelled out for them to come at him. He cried heroically, he yelled out daringly and never had Eddie been so powerful.

"If this has happened to you, it's happened to both of us"

Eddie swung his shield around, hitting against the sides of the bats. They flew at him but every time he managed to throw them from their course with a strong cry. Faye could hear his voice breaking in fear and panic as he brandished the spear but there he stood suddenly more unafraid than he ever had been.

"Look at me. You're alright ok? I've got you... I've got you"

"Eddie!" Faye screamed out desperately as she ran, she was nearly there now and her eyes widened in horror as more bats started to attack. One of them flew him backwards and his back hit with the floor. It wrapped its tail around his neck and pulled tight as more grabbed his arms and his legs, making it so he was unusable to fight back. Faye screamed in horror as she watched two larger grotesque creatures bite hard at his side, tearing away flesh in their fangs

I've got you.

Faye ripped the bottle from her pocket and the gun from the holster, taking the lighter in her hand. She ran forwards and all of a sudden her mind didn't waver and her hands didn't shake. Faye felt she had never been more ready for anything in her life. Her heart continued to send a countdown in her ears but Faye stopped listening.

She was well aware that she only had one chance at this and as Faye heard Eddie scream terribly through the air she realised how much rested on this one chance. Blood seemed to pool over his mouth as he choked and Faye watched his life slip away into the mouths of the bats, in the sound of their screeches.

She lifted the lighter and clicked it open again until she could see the dancing flame. With complete clarity in her grip, she tilted the cloth connected to the glass bottle and encapsulated the doused material in steadily moving flames.

Faye took the Molotov cocktail and threw it as hard as she could over her shoulder. She lifted the revolver up, clasping it in both hands as she closed one eye. The world slowed and Faye could hardly breathe. She watched carefully as the bottle span through the air, the liquid moving inside.

The cocktail moved carefully until it made it close to the corruption of bats. Faye kept her hands still as she pressed down on the trigger. She kept her arm steady as the power of the gun ripped through it. Her feet planted against the floor. The bullet raced through the air, shining golden in the light.

Faye held her breath and stared in desperation.

The bullet hit the glass and the bottle ripped itself apart in a scream of flames. They set the sky on fire in a terrible, beautiful sight. The explosion crashed in bright light and sounds more horribly controlling than the thunder wrecking way above them. The world seemed to shake as the flames tore through everything in sight, containing every star in a glistening mess of fuel. It was reflected in every eye. This frightening yet incredible picture. The roaring colours of amber and crimson mingled together in murderous patterns and the warmth stretched for what felt like miles. Then, just as fast as it had started. It was all over.

Faye had been forced to cover her eyes from the blast but now as the flames died through the air in small sparks all that was left was the screaming cries of the bats. Many of them had flesh ripped away from their backs. They fell to the floor in writhing agony, losing breath that sent rippling shakes through their wings.

She took a deep breath of shock. It had worked.

Faye ran forwards, hearing the continuous yells of Eddie lying on the floor. He was still stuck to the ground, bats at his sides. Faye went to the one wrapped around his neck first, grabbing it between her hands and pulling backwards desperately. She ripped it to the side before she turned and sent a bullet into its face. Faye repeated this with the four other bats still surviving around her until the last bullet escaped the barrel of her gun and they were drowned into silence.

She threw her gun to the side as her knees collided with the floor next to Eddie's head. It was way worse than she imagined it might've been. There were lacerations all over his neck and blood was seeping from his sides. Eddie's teeth were stained in blood as he gasped and gasped for breath in a wild desperation.

"Eddie" Faye sobbed, "I've got you... I've got you... I've got you"

"You... Faye... you" he tried to get his words out as he reached for her hand. Faye found it, holding her palms around his cold skin and pressed her lips to his knuckles. "You...you're a lifesaver"

"Eddie!" Faye heard Dustin scream. She looked up to see the young boy limping over as fast as he possibly could, clutching his leg.

He fell down to the ground next to Eddie with a horrible expression on his face. Faye watched as Dustin's eyes trailed the injuries that Eddie was littered with, he stared at the deep chunks of flesh missing from his sides. The blood had seeped all over Eddie's hellfire T-shirt in crimson patterns of horror.

"Oh god Eddie" Dustin cried as he came close to Faye's side.

"Is it bad?" Eddie whispered.

"No" Dustin shook his head, "No it's not bad we just need to get you to a hospital"

Dustin started to pull at Eddie's arms. Faye joined in, looping her arms around him and pulling his shoulders up to rest on her lap. Even as she did it she could see the agony rip through him. It was painted over his eyes and his face was strained in horror.

"Stop!" He called through haggard breathing, "stop... I just... I just need a minute, I think I just need a minute"

"Yeah... yeah" Dustin nodded as Faye cradled Eddie against her lap. She watched him breathe in and out and in and out.

A small trickle of blood escaped from his mouth and down the corner of his face. Faye screwed up her features in upset as a sob escaped from her chest. If only she'd been faster he might not have gotten to this point. She hated seeing him in so much pain. Faye kept telling herself over and over again that everything was going to be alright but she only half believed it.

"I didn't run away this time, right?" Eddie murmured, clenching his teeth in pain.

Faye held tighter to his shoulders as she cried, her tears dropped onto his face as she stared down at him.

"No" Dustin shook his head, "No you didn't run away"

"You were so brave" Faye whispered, "you're so brave Eddie... you're so"

Her voice trailed off as she cried and Eddie reached his hand out wildly to find hers again. He clutched the at her skin until he could press his fingers against hers and hold her grip close to his heart. Faye could feel the metal of his rings against her touch and something pressed between their palms.

"Dustin" Eddie murmured and the boy sat closer, staring at Eddie just past Faye's shoulder, "you're going to have to look after those little sheep for me"

"No" Dustin cried out and never had Faye had so much realisation to his youth, "No you're going to do that yourself!"

"Nah man" Eddie shook his head as Faye sobbed, "nah... say it... say you're going to look after them"

Dustin shook his head, eyes filled with tears as his chest bubbled with fresh sobs. They continued to break from his lungs as he rested against Faye's shoulder. If it hadn't been for Eddie's hand on hers, she would've been shaking too bad to stay stable.

"Say it" Eddie pleaded with Dustin.

"I'm gonna... I'm gonna look after them" Dustin cried through a broken voice, rasping breaths lodged in his throat.

"Good" Eddie smiled up at the both of them, "because I think... I think I'm actually going to graduate"

Faye sobbed louder now, her voice echoing in the world around her as she stared at the bodies of the bats lying charred around them. She wasn't scared anymore. Not of things she should've been scared about. Not of things she believed that she'd be scared about. Thunder crashed above their heads in warning, lightning revealing crimson again before it vanished.

"It's my year" Eddie spoke and it was clear by the way his voice strained how much pain he was in. Faye tightened her grip on his hand, his rings pressing into his skin.

"I think... it's finally my year" Eddie half laughed as his eyes fixated onto the sky. Faye watched as he shook with the effort it took to take every breath. It hurt to stare at him, it hurt to see his expression broken and it hurt to hold onto him and not feel the warmth ebb from his fingertips like it always had.

"Hey... Henderson" Eddie murmured again.

"Yeah" Dustin cried, pressing his head into Faye's shoulder.

"I love you man" Eddie cried.

"I love you too" Dustin sobbed.

Faye hadn't been ready for his eyes to move to her but she could feel his very gaze as it bored past her heart. Faye gripped hold of his hand and watched tears swim in his eyes before they fell in perfect lined across his face. Until they scraped away the dirt and blood that had lingered over his skin. Until his vision cleared again and he could stare at her once more.

"Faye" Eddie murmured, "Faye I'm sorry"

"Don't" she shook her head, "don't apologise... please"

"Faye" Eddie reached his hand up and brushed some hair from her face, "Faye I love you... so much that it hurts... Faye I'm sorry that I've scared you I'm so sorry and I need you to know that I'm gonna love you forever. I love you Faye... really, crazily , deeply truly love you okay?"

"I love you too" Faye sobbed, angling her face towards his.

"I'm... I'm gonna love you forever Faye... I'm gonna... I'm gonna"

Eddie stared at her as Faye waited for his next word.

She waited and she waited.

But his next word never came.

Faye let the sob escape from her chest in a horrible scream, it ripped through her lungs and tore up her heart as she pressed her forehead against his. Faye cried so much that it physically tore her insides to shreds. Or that's what it felt like. She couldn't stop, she couldn't breathe and Faye felt she never wanted to take another breath again. She didn't want to take a breath of air that he was not breathing too.

Faye cried and cried and cried, tears hitting his face as his eyes fluttered closed.

"Eddie!" Dustin cried out horribly.

"Please" Faye sobbed, "don't leave me, don't leave me please Eddie you can't leave me!"

She screamed again, her voice too cracked to make a proper noise. She held tight to his hands and watched as his fingers slowly fell away from hers. Faye rested his hand onto his chest and lifted what he'd pressed into her touch.

"Eddie" Dustin sobbed, resting his head into the man's chest.

Faye stared at the necklace in her palm, the guitar pick shining in the crimson storm.

Dustin sat up and Faye pulled him close to her, wrapping her arms around the boy as he fell against her. Her frame shook with tears as the realisation started to break through her skull. She sobbed until she couldn't cry anymore, until it would be physically impossible for her to cry anymore.

As Faye stared at him, she knew that her heart was no longer pounding in her ears. That it was dancing calm in her chest. No longer counting down.

"I love you" Faye whispered, her face breaking as she spoke, "I love you... really... crazily... deeply...truly"

Faye could barely get the words out, she sobbed again until the noise was all she could hear. She screamed his name again and again but she knew that he would never hear her. She knew that her words were ghosts in their air around them.

"I'll love you forever" tears swam down her face as Dustin continued to sob into her chest, "I'll love you forever Eddie... I'm going to love you forever"

She reached forwards and took his hand again, staring at the rings on his fingers. Faye couldn't stare at his face anymore, it hurt too much to see his features lie still. It hurt to see his lips painted in red blood and the lines of tears remaining on his skin.

"I love you" Faye cried out before her voice turned to a whisper, "Eddie...My Eddie"

A/n
Words - 5703
Published - 15th July 2022

Yeah !

really sorry for this one
only been two weeks
since it happened and
I'm still grieving

don't know what else
to say really, this was
traumatic to write

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

24.6K 564 43
Lucy Harrington wasn't much like her brother; she was dorky and she was nerdy and she was unpopular and she continuously tripped up on her own feet...
96K 2.2K 34
Star Henderson. Dustin's adopted sister. She had been friends with the boys since she could remember. They played video games and played D&D. But eve...
25.8K 444 49
"𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐳𝐞. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭...
28K 446 30
(please understand that this is not edited and is my first book that I wrote a long time ago) Y/n Henderson is Dustin's older sister (adopted sister)...