The Successor (My Hero Academ...

Od Random_Tarnished

All for One and One for All. Two quirks who's users have been in an unending war against the other, where One... Více

Bio
Harem
Chapter 2:The First Attack
Chapter 3:Entrance Exam
Chapter 4:First day of school
Chapter 5:Battle Training
Chapter 6:An emotional talk
Chapter 7:A sudden change of plan
New Waifu!!!
Chapter 8:USJ
Bio (Session 2)
Chapter 9:Family
Chapter 10:The sports festival begins
Chapter 11:Cavalry Battle
Chapter 12:The Tournament (part 1)
Chapter 13:The Tournament (part 2)
Chapter 14:The Tournament (Part 3)
Chapter 15:The Tournament (Final)
Chapter 16:New members
chapter 17:Training begins
Chapter 18:A Wider Perspective On Things
Chapter 19:Back to school
Chapter 20:A revelation
Chapter 21:Final Exam/worst team imaginable
Chapter 22:A short fight, new allies, and new enemies
Chapter 23:The big leagues
Chapter 24:Followers

Chapter 1:The Successors Are Chosen

5.6K 103 52
Od Random_Tarnished

-(Y/N)'s POV-

People aren't made equal, I learnt that at a very young age when I learnt what my quirk was, and that my twin was quirkless, that day changed our lives, I was praised in school whereas Izuku was beaten and harassed simply because he was born different, I hated it, I grew to hate how heroes were treated because they were born with a flashy quirk and people like my brother are called useless and worthless, but then I started to notice things as I got older, people with "villainous" quirks are treated the same as quirkless people if not worse, those with blood type quirks or mutation type quirks, and then the laws on quirk usage popped up on my radar.

One time I tried using my quirk to save someone from being robbed and the cops arrested me for it, this society is filled with injustice and I planned to stop it, but what could I do, if I tried becoming a villain I'd be ignored and if I became a hero to gain a voice I'd be called a hypocrite and still be ignored. so I realised I could do nothing.

Until one night when walking back home from a friend's house I was knocked unconscious by something and when I woke up I was tied to a chair in a pitch black room.

It stayed like that for only a few moments after I woke up until the lights turned on revealing a table in front of me and a man in a suit with tubes sticking into his arms and throat and the top half of his head was covered in scar tissue blocking his eyes and effectively blinding him, he simply smiled and soon spoke with a calming voice that managed to calm my nerves despite the surroundings.

"Mystery man:About time you woke up from your little nap, I'm sorry about the circumstances but this was the safest way for me to get in contact with you, I'm sure you have plenty of questions right now so feel free to ask away."

"(Y/N):Who are you and what do you want with me?"

"All for one:Straight to the point then, good, you may call me All for One and the reason I have brought you here is to offer you the chance to strike back at this society that has beaten and tormented you quirkless brother."

"(Y/N):As if I haven't heard that last part before, politicians used that same line to get votes back when the majority of the worlds population was quirkless and heroes were becoming the new normal, you're going to have to try better than that 'All for One'."

The man calling himself All for One simply chuckled at my words and his smile grew wider.

"All for One:Well I'm definitely not a politician my boy and if I was why would I even be saying that, Japan's almost has no quirkless people living here and you know first hand how they are treated, your brother Izuku is quirkless after all."

"(Y/N):So how will you give me this chance then?"

"All for One:You know what All Might's quirk is correct?"

"(Y/N):It's superhuman, gives him super-strength, speed and durability."

"All for One:Well that is correct if what he says on tv is to be believed, but in truth that is but a fabrication to hide what his true power is, and that is why I have brought you here boy, to make you my successor."

Now this threw me for a loop, successor?

"(Y/N):What do you mean successor, successor to what?"

"All for One:You better get comfortable as this will take some time to explain."

"(Y/N):I'd be more comfortable without my hands tied behind my back."

Once I finish speaking the ropes holding my arms suddenly snapped surprising me, resting my arms on the table I rubbed my wrists that had become slightly bruised and looked at All for One questioningly.

"All for One:Are you comfortable now, well let's get started then, my quirks name is All for One-"

"(Y/N):You're named after your quirk, or named your quirk after you?"

"All for One:Named after my quirk, it's a good name in my opinion wouldn't you agree?"

"(Y/N):Fair, continue."

"All for One:Now as I was saying, my quirk All for One gives me the ability to take someone's quirk from them and store it in my body giving me access to it, or allowing me to bestow it onto someone else."

What he said terrified me, the power to take quirks, copy type quirks I had heard of by permanently taking a person's quirk, how?

"All for One:I know it's hard to believe but I'm telling the truth, and my quirk is exactly the reason I have brought you here, I wish to give you my quirk and all the quirks that I ha accumulated over the years and give them to you, so you can continue my legacy."

"(Y/N):Why, with your power you could destroy this society on your own, why need me?"

"All for One:Simple, I'm going to die soon, years ago I battled the number one hero of Japan All Might and suffered severe injuries that you can clearly see, of course he suffered injuries of the same scale as well but sadly they only limit his abilities as a hero."

"(Y/N):All Might tried to kill you, how isn't this known to the public, him doing that could've destroyed his career?"

"All for One:Because of his real quirk One for All, something I am responsible for creating when I gave my younger brother an energy stockpile quirk years ago thinking he was quirkless like your brother, he was not as in reality his true quirk was the ability to pass on his quirk to someone else, it was entirely useless until I gave him the stockpile quirk and created One for All, myself and its bearers have been waging a shadow war of sorts for eight generations now until All Might battled against me and put me in the state you see before you, now I have taken a page out of my brothers book so to speak and chosen you to pass my quirk and every quirk I have collected to you."

"(Y/N):One for All, shadow war, eight generations what are you talking about, how old are you, you'd have to be almost two hundred years old."

"All for One:I realise that this is a lot to take in at once so please take all the time you need to process this."

I did just that, for what felt like hours I tried to wrap my head around all this, it was probably just a few minutes in reality but to try and see if his story was fake I started asking him questions about this One for All quirk he mentioned.

"(Y/N):Tell me about One for Alls users, then I'll believe you."

"All for One:If that's what it takes then very well, Nana Shimura, the seventh user of One for All, her original quirk was float which allowed her to fly through the air, so her feats of superhuman abilities are unnatural, En, the sixth user, his quirk was smokescreen which allowed him to generate large clouds of black smoke and again showed unnatural superhuman feats, Diagoro Banjo, his quirk was named black whip allowing him to control black tendrils, and for a third time demonstrated unnatural superhuman feats, need I go on?"

"(Y/N):No, me and my brother have studied quirks for most of our lives and someone like En having that level of strength with a gas type quirk is not natural, so let's say I believe you, why make me your successor because I'm sure there's plenty of other candidates."

"All for One:Quite the opposite in fact, I have chosen you because of your mindset, how you hate the way your brother is treated, how those with so called villainous quirks are treated, your like me back when I was younger, you wished to change things and it pains me to say this but I have lost sight of my original goal, back in the day when quirks were first appearing people used the wording of laws to treat us like we weren't human, having a mutant type quirk was a death sentence back then as it painted a target on your back and I wished to stop that, but it seems that evolution has done that for me and now I have no real purpose other than to cause chaos, but you wish to free this world from the fake heroes and give a voice to people like your brother, people did go to space without quirks after all let alone the technology we have today and nobody cares because of quirks, so what do you say, will you become my successor, or will you not give your brother his voice?"

"(Y/N):And if I decline?"

"All for One:You wake up at home with no memories of our encounter, you have my word."

Taking everything into consideration I didn't have much of a choice if I wanted to make a difference.

"(Y/N):I accept, I will be your successor."

"All for One:Excellent, now to begin the process of making just that, my worthy successor."

That day everything changed, I had become the successor to the number one villain and gained the power to steal quirks, it took all night and put me through so much pain and suffering once All for One transferred over nearly thousands of quirks into my body at the same time including his original quirk, how I didn't die is a miracle but it doesn't matter now as I finally have the power to make a difference, of course when I returned home the next day I was met with my mother hugging me tight while crying as soon as she noticed me home.

"Mom:Where were you, I was so worried when you didn't come home last night?!"

Of course I hugged her back and quickly made up an excuse.

"(Y/N):Sorry, i got held back by my friends after I texted you and before we realised it was almost four in the morning so I stayed over, guess I forgot to message you about that."

Soon my mom pulled away from the hug and smiled at me, seemed like she believed me.

"Mom:Good, at least you were safe but next time remember to tell me okay, you're lucky you don't have school today."

"(Y/N):I will mom, now where's Izuku, I thought he'd be home?"

"Mom:Oh he's just in town buying more journals for your hero studies, why don't you sit down, I'm sure you're tired from last night."

"(Y/N):Yeah I am, I'll see what's on the news for now."

"Mom:Be sure to tell me if anything interesting is happening."

"(Y/N):Alright."

I sat on the couch and turned on the news seeing some weather reports and a new hero called Mount Lady, then they started reporting on a villain attack happening live with Bakugo being the victim, his quirk, it's just a combination of his parents quirks so if I take their quirks I should be able to make Katsuki's quirk, and then there was Endeavor's wife, her quirk could apparently allow her to generate ice and would be extremely powerful, and so I knew what quirks I was going to take first, it would be best to attack the Katsuki family first as I'm sure All Might would arive quicker to an attack on a hospital compared to some random family, but those plans were quickly put on hold when Izuku was shown running towards the villain on the news, what is he thinking, I made a mad dash to were the villain was after quickly telling mom to watch the news but when I arrived the villain was defeated, I looked around for my brother and noticed him surrounded by heroes scolding him for doing the right thing, I got angry at the sight of this and decided to give the heroes a piece of my mind.

"(Y/N):HEY!!!"

They all turned to face me with the heroes looking confused and Izuku getting worried.

"Death arms:What is it kid?"

"(Y/N):The hell did my brother do?!"

"Kami Wood:He rushed in and needlessly put his life at risk trying to be a hero."

"(Y/N):Oh really?!"

At this point I had pulled by brother behind me and away from the fake heroes, before Izuku could try and stop me I started talking again.

"(Y/N):Let me tell you fakers something my brother did more to help save a life then you people did because any one of you could've at least tried to do something except stand around and do nothing as someone almost died today, now if you excuse me I'm not going to let my brother stand here and have you people verbally abuse him for doing the right thing, come on Izuku."

I grabbed my brothers arm and started dragging him away from the area and back home, once we were far enough I eventually let his arm go and we walked side by side in silence, after a while the sun started to set and we heard Katsuki's voice behind us.

"Bakugo:Deku!"

We turned around and saw Katsuki running up to us while slightly out of breath.

"Izuku:Kacchan?"

"(Y/N):What is it Katsuki?"

He stopped a few feet away from us and caught his breath while speaking in an aggressive tone.

"Bakugo:I never asked for your help, and you didn't help me, got it, I was fine by myself, you're a quirkless failure playing without a full deck, don't think you can look down on me, are you trying to make me owe you, don't look down on me you damn nerd!"

Once Katsuki was finished his rant he turned around and started walking, or more accurately stomping his way home, once he was out of eyesight me and my brother started walking home again.

"(Y/N):Arrogant bastard, he'll make the perfect villain some day."

"Izuku:Don't say that."

"(Y/N):It's the truth."

Before we could continue talking about Katsuki the number one hero All Might came running out of a side pathway and said his iconic line.

"All Might:I AM HERE!"

"Izuku:A-All Might?!"

"(Y/N):The hell are you doing here?!"

"Izuku:You were surrounded by reporters until just now..."

All Might laughed heartily when Izuku mentioned the reporters and stood tall like he does on tv.

"All Might:Hahahaha, getting away from them was a peice of cake, why, because I am all-"

Before All Might could finish he suddenly transformed into the most pathetic man you could imagine with blood spewing from his mouth, of course when that happend me and Izuku screamed.

"(Y/N):WHAT THE FUCK?!"

All Might, I think, wiped the blood from his mouth and looked at me.

"All Might?:Apologies, but yes, I am All Might, I needed to speak with your brother as soon as possible and, well, I'll explain everything later."

All Might then looked towards my brother who said nothing to his idol, he should be talking nonstop right now.

"All Might:Young man, I come with thanks, a correction, and a suggestion."

Wait, did they meet before, that would explain it.

"All Might:if you hadn't been there, If you hadn't told me about your life, I would've turned into a guy in a bodysuit who was all talk, thank you."

"Izuku:It can't be, it was all my fault in the first place, I got in the way of your work, and I said all those impertinent things even though I'm quirkless."

"(Y/N):What are you talking about?"

"All Might:I had saved your brother from the same villain from earlier and put him in a soda bottle, but your brother accidentally knocked him into that alleyway."

"(Y/N):You were attacked?"

"Izuku:Yeah."

"(Y/N):But why are you thanking my brother?"

"All Might:It's because he was the only one to try and help back there, that I was able to act."

"(Y/N):Act?"

"All Might:Top heroes have stories from their school days, most have one thing in common, their bodies moved before they had a chance to think, that was true for you too, wasn't it?"

At All Might's words I remembered all the times Izuku was called worthless, not even our mother had said he could be a hero, of course with Izuku being Izuku he started crying, I swear his real quirk is unending tears.

"Izuku:Yeah."

To think that All Might himself would be the only other person to say what my brother needed to hear, to make him truly believe in what he wanted to do.

"All Might:You can become a hero."

To have the number one hero of Japan say that to you would make anyone believe it, even if they had a quirk.

"All Might:You are worthy of inheriting my power."

And then he said the words that would forever change our fate, inherit his power, no.

"Izuku:Inherit your power?"

For some reason All Might laughed at us, rude.

"All Might:Hahaha, what's with those faces, it's only a suggestion, the real show starts after this, listen young man you need to decide whether or not you will accept my power!"

Once again blood started spewing from All Might's mouth for no reason, but I was more worried about what this meant for me and my brother, if this wasn't a nightmare then if Izuku accepted we will forever stand on opposite sides, I started blanking out as scenario after scenario came to my head, how would he fight, would we fight, would he hate me, how would mom react, we might have to kill each other, would we do that, what if-

"All Might:Nonsense!"

I was snapped out of my thoughts by All Might and realised Izuku was rambling again.

"All Might:I may hide a lot of things, but I don't lie, the power to transfer power, that is the quirk I inherited!"

So this is really happening then, Izuku will become the new wielder of my new powers opposite.

"All Might:The power I was crowned with, "One for All"."

"(Y/N):One for All."

"All Might:That's right, one person cultivates the power and passes it on to another person, who also cultivates it and passes it on."

This has to be some divine joke.

"All Might:It is the crystallisation of power that spins together the voices of those who need help with a courageous heart!"

"Izuku:Why are you....why are you giving me something so great?"

"All Might:Because I have been looking for a successor, and then, I thought it would be all right for you to inherit it, you're just a quirkless fanboy but when that villain attacked you were more heroic than anyone there, but what am I saying, the choice is yours to make."

With everything that All Might had said there was really no reason for my brother to refuse the offer, much to my displeasure.

"Izuku:I'll do it!"

"All Might:An immediate reply, that's what I thought you'd say!"

How could this have happened, why was my brother chosen out of everybody else in the world, but considering who my brother is it only makes sense for him to be the next inheritor, but.

"(Y/N):What about me?"

The two turned to face me.

"All Might:Oh, almost forgot about you there, listen both of you, this has to be kept a secret matter what, if this information becomes public the world would be thrown into chaos, think about how people would react if the knowledge that quirks could be transferred to someone else, so please, tell nobody of this."

Considering my new secret I just nodded my head in agreement and gave a slightly sad smile to my brother.

"(Y/N):Congratulations bro, you finally can become a hero, I'll see you back home, later."

"Izuku:Hm, oh, alright, see you later then."

I walked away from my brother and All Might and started walking back home, once I arrived back I told mom that Izuku was going to be staying out for a while but he was perfectly fine from the villain attack, once I got into my bedroom I searched for an old costume design that me and my brother came up with and called All for One with a telepathy quirk so mom wouldn't hear me.

"(Y/N):I have something important to tell you, and a request."

"All for One:Yes?"

"(Y/N):My brother has been chosen as the next holder of One for All."

All for One stayed silent for a few seconds before replying back.

"All for One:Well this is a surprising turn of events, do not fear my boy, I shall aid you as much as I can, what was your request then?"

"(Y/N):I need a costume and some nomu, the nomu don't have to be strong as I'm not planning anything big, they'll just be a distraction for any pros and deal with the police."

"All for One:Any specifications for the costume then?"

Using my portal creation quirk I put the old costume design were All for One was located.

"(Y/N):Use that drawing as a baseline but alter it to be more villainous and practical, I need to look and act the part."

"All for One:Very well, I'll make some necessary modifications to enhance this design, but wouldn't your brother recognise it?"

"(Y/N):That's the point."

"All for One:So you plan to break your brothers spirit then, I suggest you wait and think things through, right now I seems you're letting your emotions control your actions, I'll get some nomu prepared in the meantime but like I said do think this through."

"(Y/N):Trust me, I'm thinking clearly about this, he has entered a war and I plan to force him into an early quirk retirement of sorts."

"All for One:Quirk retirement?"

"(Y/N):One for All can be past on to someone else, so I'll make him do just that, once he has I'll end his successor as soon as possible."

"All for One:Very well, if this is what you think is best then I shall help you as best I can, but there is a few people I wish for you to meet tonight."

"(Y/N):mind telling me who they are?"

"All for One:In due time, for now I will prepare your costume and nomu, but you never told me your plan for them."

"(Y/N):I plan to get some new quirks, one being the quirk of Endeavor's wife, and the others being for an experiment."

"All for One:I understand going after the first quirk but what is this experiment you have in mind?"

"(Y/N):A kid named Bakugo Katsuki has been tormenting Izuku for years and his quirk is a combination of his parents quirks, so if I take them I should in theory be able to use Bakugo's quirk without taking it from him."

"All for One:Hmmm, a sound theory, I'd say it would be worth the effort, the only problem with this plan is Endeavor's wife, the man himself will have to rush there as if he doesn't his image will be damaged, so how do you plan to deal with the number two hero?"

"(Y/N):Simple, his pride, he reportedly hates being compared to All Might, I'll use that to my advantage."

"All for One:A sound strategy that has been used to great effect in the past, I have faith that your plan shall succeed, now it will take a few days for everything you requested to be made ready so do take this time to train and potentially find more quirks to make your own."

"(Y/N):I will, how long will the preparations take?"

"All for One:They shall be done within the week, I will contact you when everyone is ready my successor, now you will meet with the people I mentioned in a few moments, until next time."

Cutting the mental connection I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling wondering who these people All for One mentioned and how I was suppose to meet them, but I got my answers soon enough as a black vortex like portal opened in my room, realising that this was what All for One was talking about I stepped through the portal preparing for whatever was on the other side.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

422K 11.1K 37
Izuku Midoriya was out on a walk one day when he discovered an injured man. This injured man happened to be All Might himself who had just been fight...
851K 34.7K 130
Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his father. It was due to this interest in Quirk...
21.6K 636 26
Izuku was a small kid with the ability to take others quirks and use them for himself or give them to others. But a tragedy strikes and destroys his...
42.3K 1K 11
All For One lies on his deathbed. The fight with his nemesis, the 8th holder of his brother's quirk, had left him in a bad state. He had several rege...