maegya, p. parker ²

Od -inklore

no good deed goes unpunished. / written by gena peter parker (t.h.) x fem!oc hiatus. ( spiderman... Více

𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐆𝐘𝐀.
playlist + score
graphics, part i
prologue
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄; 𝐝𝐲𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
- FEBRUARY 16, 2024 -
i. mistress of dragons
ii. the holy trio
iii. girl with the dragon snafu
iv. summer lovin'
v. sticky and sparky
vi. in the shadows
vii. love all, trust a few
viii. hijacked
ix. vive la prague
x. promise me
xi. trauma trio
xii. fight fire with fyre
xiii. assume the worst
xiv. lines crossed
xv. the game revealed
xvi. the mother of madness
xvii. the savior's salvation
xviii. homecoming queen
xix. london bridge is falling down
xx. a home for ghosts
xxi. sunsets in july
xxii. exposed!
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑; 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐬
i. a shattered duality
ii. interrogation irritation
iii. a really good lawyer
iv. loose ends
v. guns before butter
vi. the sweet hereafter
vii. varsity blues
viii. project: hexpansion
ix. daddy deceptions
x. all spell breaks loose
xi. otto her mind
xii. mystery incorporated
xiii. dungeons & dragonlords
xiv. tainted obligations
xv. second chances
xvi. three heads of a dragon
xvii. blood runs thick

- AUGUST 8, 2024 -

164 10 23
Od -inklore

WHiH World News

Christine Everhart, WHiH World News
August 8, 2024
_________________________________________

That video reflects only one truth: Quentin Beck has a 'hate-filled soul', Valaryen says.

Maegya Theadora Rhaenerys Valaryen's comments on viral video and addresses socio-political conflicts in Vienna.

It's been about four weeks since the identity of the vigilante Illyris, the Maegya Rhaenerys Valaryen, had been revealed. Theadora Martell, an eighteen-year-old high school student from Queens, was linked to the devastating massacre in London in July. Since the video's release, House Valaryen, the country of Wakanda, and former Avengers Sam Wilson ("Falcon") and Dr. Bruce Banner ("Hulk"), have publicly dismissed its legitimacy.

"It's a deep insult to Tony's legacy and what he died for," said Dr. Banner. "He chose those kids. He believed in them. So why does the world trust a man who showed up just a few weeks ago?"

Since then, the Mother of Magic continues to stun the world. Attending the UN Peacekeeping Ministerial Conference at the Vienna International Centre as a keynote speaker, Theadora spoke about global issues plaguing the Sovrani race and the involvement of magic in a rapidly-developing world.

The establishment of the Sovrani Commonwealth—a nation consisting of Ivorstone, parts of America, and Madripoor—left global leaders and analysts stunned. Theadora's rule was established in the Plaza of Crolaz, a district in Madripoor populated by the Crolazi community. She later executed several noblemen responsible for funding the Scorpion's Sons, a notorious insurgency organization that terrorized numerous countries in retaliation against her. The execution has raised controversy from several political commentators.

"A World of Miracles," an introductory documentary produced by House Valaryen's foreign affairs ministry, the Magister Council, is now the most-watched video ever on YouTube. Theadora herself provides a voice-over describing her culture's semi-mythical history, tracing back to the impact of the devastation of Sovranys, dating 9000 BC. Theadora's family, one of the few who survived the destruction, created Dragofyre, a variant of magic that has survived genetically until 1785, during the reign of Maekor III Valaryen. She details political conflicts with Asgard, the homeworld of the Avenger Thor, and the significance of her ancestral home, Dragonfort. As a camera swoops over the waters of the North Sea, the rocks themselves seem to glitch, and a medieval skyline resembling a mixture of New York, Windsor castle, and Ireland appears. The video goes on to reveal the Sovrani people's hyper-achievements and suffering: their pinnacle of unity under Rhaenar the Dragon, the first Maegyo in the 15th century, the Salem witch trials where dozens of Sovrani were executed under suspicion of witchcraft, and the conflict with Theadora's father, the Mad Dragon Aeres who orchestrated a devastating attack in London in 2000.

The candor and emotional weight of the documentary have gained critical acclaim although many doubt the verity of Asgard's role in diminishing the Sovrani population and ending the reign of House Valaryen. Others worry about the global spread of magic which has been linked to many catastrophic events like the 2012 alien invasion in New York, the Attack in Lagos associated with former Avenger Wanda Maximoff, and the Blip.

If the Sovrani powers were limited to medicine and peace, global anxiety might be less acute. But two dragons, dragonbone weaponry, and unlimited arcane knowledge in their possession aroused particular worry. Following the founding of the Iron Company, a special operations force of maegys, officials wonder what this militaristic development could mean for the rest of the world.

Theadora's guardian, political advisor, and War Master, High Commander Serafina Celtigar made a statement concerning the militaristic usage of magic. "We will use our human resources, not our military ones, to mediate human conflict," said the High Commander. "We will only offer magic-based assistance to those in need." Questions were immediately raised about the officer's own famous appearance making strides down the streets of London in an alloy-esque uniform to fight insurgents; Celtigar quickly replied "it was a pre-planned example of our battle tactics," and relinquished the microphone.

"They make reassurances casually," commented U.S. Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross, "We've seen the raw strength of their dragons, witchcraft, and foreign arms numerous times. How can a teenager be trusted with such destructive potential?"

While the nation of Wakanda and tech conglomerates like Stark Industries reportedly have a backchannel to the Sovrani leadership, Russia and China have already arranged high-level summits. In the United States, an emergent migration crisis has prompted a strong response from both Sovrani and U.S. officials.

The newly expanded Sovrani Embassy has been besieged by prospective immigrants, the vast majority Sovrani-identifying, while thousands more have written letters requesting asylum. Applicants argue that they are subject to continual persecution in the United States and that their lives are at risk from public violence and prejudice. Many Sovrani-Americans have taken to social media to express their newfound allegiance to House Valaryen; those with powers have cast fireworks using novice-level magic or proudly display flags and yard signs of House Valaryen's emblem: a red triskelion of three roaring dragon heads on a field of black. Meanwhile, Fox News and controversial news site, The Daily Bugle, has run 24-hour coverage of "The Sovrani Threat."

The polarization over her intentions—where many praise her for making blonde hair and dark eyebrows a signature look or laud her humanitarian endeavors— has taken the Internet by storm.

"This is a girl who immediately donated thousands of dollars to charities for domestic abuse victims, LGBTQ+ organizations, and refugee camps while keeping only enough for herself to live in her house and go to school," said close friend, Rebeca Ortega AKA "Azura". "But yeah, I guess her eyebrows look great too."

In Madripoor and in other regions, the young Maegya eradicated numerous slave labor and human trafficking rings. Called "The Dragon's Daughters", it has been noted as a part of Theadora's years-long endeavor to liberate, safely repatriate, and assist victims. Those who could not safely return to their homes have been given shelter in Ivorstone. In her speech, she has openly advocated for global victim rehabilitation and community-based reintegration services. The Maegya fearlessly called out the lack of global support for these victims and the Sovrani people in general.

Ultimately, the world is asking what the implications of this development are for the global future? What does it mean when a realm of dragonborn sets the political and mystical agenda for the world?

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MAEGYA'S KEYNOTE

____

"I'm not used to giving speeches, only at school. So I'm going to just speak and you, the great leaders of our world, are going to listen. You represent your people, your nations, democracies, republics, and monarchies. A qualified person has their political insight and military arms but we have our magic. We work damn hard and what's wrong with that?

"Why do you object to our gifts? Why are only our people seen as threats? You want these powers in the heat of the moment, in the climax of the battle that can't be won any other way... and yet we are still the enemy. Why?

"My family comes from the sorcerers of Old Sovranys, a civilization that existed long before your great nations. I walked the path to Dragonfort knowing that the ghosts of my ancestors walked those pathways centuries before me. Every Sovrani who lives today can trace their line back to our motherland. It lives in our silver hair. In the magic in our blood. In my dragons. Old Sovranys survived. Without us, even heaven is incomplete. Don't you think we need respect?

"To tell you the truth, we had strength when we were divided. Ask me how. You tear each other apart over different ideas and beliefs. Different ways to shape the world, trying to figure out who can beat the next. Your spirit is constantly broken. We've adapted to learn to play the game on our own. We've breathed in cages.

"Alright, enough with the photos. Once, that would've gotten me into some pretty bad business with a few assassins so I'm a little nervous.

"No matter what you think, we are an entity of integrity. No matter what happened to us, we don't discriminate against other people. Families have merged, cultures are shared, and magic is used to protect and create. When we don't discriminate among people, why do you discriminate against us? Why are we excluded from your society? Why do the victims get treated like criminals?

"The same people who preach about equality and unity in a post-Blip world should come visit Ivorstone. We practice what you preach. It's not that we don't matter to people but to politicians, we're their votes. To civilians, we're their shields. To children, we're stories or myths.

"We all walked through fire. We satisfy the safety of the world and protect our integrity. That's why I'm proud of being a maegi just as proud as you are for being a leader.

"Years ago, I had no armies and before that, I had no dragons. Men laughed at me, calling me a stupid girl. I've been called crazy because of my strengththanks Dad. Do you know what I did? I made it so that they can't laugh at me anymore but instead, look at me in defeat.

"You're applauding me... but it's funny that you're still hell-bent on making us shut up and sit down. And if that's not enough, you're letting the suffering of my people slip by. The men, women, and children murdered by insurgents were not remembered or spoken of. You all closed your borders to us, unwilling to lend those military arms you love so much. The children who survived human trafficking and forced labor are not welcomed at your schools.

"I want to ask you all something. Don't our children have the right to education? Aren't these children, like your children, the future of this world?

"And so, I have decided that we will not stand down. We will fight until we get our right to live in a society with dignity and respect.

"I'm ending my speech now so all of you in the front with the cameras, take a note of this for tomorrow's paper: Maegya Theadora Rhaenerys of House Valaryen made a speech at the United Nations conference, not with her eyes cast down but with her head held high.

Thank you. Long live the throne of Rhaenar."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

12.8K 241 6
bury the people who leave. / written by gena miguel o'hara x fem!oc ( spider-man: across the spider-verse au!canon divergence ) ...
44K 1.6K 22
·˚ ༘ ┊͙[lucky list] ! ˊˎ no one remembered him but her. post no way home au ! spoilers ahead ! peter parker [tom] x fem.oc unedite...
39.7K 1.2K 30
"peter, you can't save everyone." 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 some things just aren't meant to last forever. (civil war - no way home) tom!peter parker x fem!o...
15.8K 437 51
~~Sequel to Shutdown~~ (Y/n) Lang is figuring her life out after the tragic event that was Thanos' snap. She wanders the streets just to say she live...