Sovereignty

Av jmkrb1

BOOK 2 of Serendipity ! Just when Carlotta thought she found her serendipity in Greek Mafia Don Evangelos Kos... Mer

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
So angelo's always been a bitch, huh?
You stole my kill
Lovesick puppy
The misunderstanding
If you tell, I'll throw you in the pool
I love you

22

29.8K 1K 1.5K
Av jmkrb1

I glance at my phone on the nightstand and read the time.

5:02am.

I sigh frustratedly and flop onto my back in the bed, glaring up at the ceiling.

I went to bed like Lorenzo told me at 11:30pm last night, and haven't been able to sleep a wink since then.

All I've done is painstakingly stared into the dark room, listening to absolutely nothing other than my frantic thoughts.

I was so happy with Gigi yesterday, literally on cloud 9, but then I had to leave and my pain suddenly got two times worse.

It's almost as if I were teased with him, and then separated yet again.

It's not that I didn't have faith in our plan- in fact I was really optimistic.

And I was grateful to Gigi for that. He reassured me of my position yesterday, and didn't grill me on the plan or my safety, trusting me to fill his shoes when he was gone.

With one last glance at the same spot of the ceiling I'd been staring at all night, I huff and sit up, slipping out of bed and throwing on some sleep shorts under my oversized t-shirt.

I grab my phone, and open the guest bedroom door of Amelia and Gracie's mansion, being quiet so as to not disturb anyone else in the house.

Knowing all the boys- they won't be up until midday anyways.

I tread down the stairs and suddenly miss being followed around the house by two little shadows.

I frown but shake off the feeling, heading directly to the kitchen, knowing I needed something to hydrate my parched throat.

A small laugh stopped me in my tracks though, and then the sound of hushed whispers.

With furrowed brows, I continued to the kitchen where there was already a light on. As I eventually neared, I spotted Amelia and Gracie sitting by the kitchen island, facing one another as they smiled and whispered.

I stop by the doorway, feeling like I've walked in on something intimate and make a move to leave before Gracie's voice rings out.

"Car, honey come in." She says softly, and I turn awkwardly on my feet, not wanting to interrupt their conversation.

"Are you sure? I was just going to get some water and go-" I explain but Amelia shakes her head with a frown and waves me over, Gracie getting up and filling some water in a glass.

"No, sit with us." She smiles and I smile back shyly, making my way over to them and taking the free seat beside Amelia.

I don't know why I was shy- I just respected them so much and they were so damn powerful.

Gracie sits down next to Amelia again and puts the glass of water on the island before rolling her eyes at me playfully, "Silly girl." She scolds before grabbing the edge of my barstool and dragging me towards her, so I'm situated in between the two women.

"We don't bite Car." Gracie smiles, and Amelia smirks at me.

"Looks like Gigi does though." Amelia teases, poking an area on my neck- which is probably a hickey from yesterday.

I snap my head to her and gape before we all laugh, the premonition I had about me being unwelcome fading instantly.

"Maybe a little." I murmur with a smile and they both grin at me widely.

"We missed having you around Car, it feels like our world is full of men." Gracie comments and I nod.

"Same for you guys." I smile earnestly, "There are no women in the Underworld and it fucks with your brain." I groan.

"Too much straight, white testosterone." They both grumble and we all crack a smile.

"At least that makes Gigi, Andreas and Mateo bearable." Amelia grins, before looking over my head at her wife, "Thank the gods our son isn't straight." She jokes and I chuckle at that along with Gracie.

"Then you look at straight white men like Angelo and Luka... and you see the real cause of the problems." I add on and they nod at me vehemently.

"And we're always the ones who get caught in the crossfire." Amelia grumbles.

"That's why I look up to you guys so much..." I admit a little shyly but with a smile on my face, "If the whole Underworld was ruled by women..." I trail off shaking my head.

"Well," Gracie grins, "We're one step closer to that now, Donna." She says, emphasising the new title I constantly forget I possess.

I laugh and shake my head, taking a sip of the water on the kitchen island and instantly feeling better as it hydrates my dry throat.

"How much sleep are you getting, sweetie?" Amelia asks, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I had no doubt my dark circles were apparent as I looked up at her.

"Enough." Is all I reply back and she gives me a disapproving look.

They thankfully both drop it though, not pressuring me into talking about depressing shit right now.

"Well," Gracie says, "Amelia and I were about to make some cookies, want to help?" She grins.

I furrow my brows, "At 5 in the morning?" I ask and she just grins wider.

"It means we can eat them before the boys get up." Amelia winks, as they get up and start moving around the kitchen to make cookies.

I grin back at them both, "This is why you're my Donna's."

~~~

My phone vibrated with another notification as I bit into my second warm cookie.

I glanced down as Amelia and Gracie talked amongst themselves and saw another tik tok from Silver.

We'd been texting a lot, sending each other tik toks and shit, and he was actually a nice guy- despite how we met.

I glance at the time, 6am.

Me:

Why are u up at 6?

Princess silver:

I could ask u the same.

I roll my eyes, but smile nonetheless as I type back.

Me:

Touche.

Princess silver:

Can I come over today? need to figure out the remaining logistics of our plan.

Me:

Mhm, it's funny how u switch to formal dialect sometimes

Princess silver:

DiAlEcT

Princess silver:

Says u.

Princess silver:

I'm a fucking eloquent prince

Princess silver:

What r u

Me:

An 18 yr old mafia Donna.

Me:

But what do I know, ig ur right.

Princess silver:

Fuck u.

I laugh and I leave him on read, only to piss him off further.

I finish up my cookie, and wait for him to text again. It was like a Mexican standoff- who would crack first and finish the conversation.

Eventually, I hear the blissful ding sound of a notification and satisfaction flows through me.

Princess silver:

I'll be there at 10 u prick.

I smile, happy for the friendly distraction. I glance at Gracie and Amelia, seeing them talk and laugh with each other lovingly, Amelia's hand on Gracie's thigh as they look into each other's eyes.

I rest my head on my hand and smile, imagining a future like theirs with Gigi, the warmth of the cookies in my stomach making me feel sleepy for the first time in a week.

~~~

I swing Amelia and Gracie's front door open to see Silver standing there, dressed in an all black pants and turtleneck outfit, jewellery on display and hair tidy and styled.

I glance down at my phone to check the time, 10am.

"Well you're fucking punctual." I say as a way of greeting and he narrows his eyes at me.

"Just wanting to get this over with as quick as possible." He smiles sweetly back, walking into the house when I open the door wider for him with an amused smile.

I had asked Amelia and Gracie if he could come round, having filled them in on the entire situation at hand.

Of course they were more than happy for him to come round- and even baked another batch of cookies, bless them.

The boys weren't up yet, of course, and Gracie and Amelia excused themselves to their bed a little while ago, shuffling upstairs and giving me a wink before disappearing.

I envy them. I wanna be in bed with Gigi right now-

"So, I was thinking," Silver begins as we sit on the sofas in the living room.

I scoff, "That's new." I tease as I curl my legs underneath me, getting comfortable.

Silver narrows his eyes on me, "Bitch." He shakes his head playfully, "I was thinking," he continues, giving me a pointed look, "That we officially become allies after all this." He finishes and I raise my brows at him.

He goes on to explain more, "I'll be King, and you'll quickly rise to power again with your boyfriend out of prison. Could be good for both of us to have connections to the over and underworld." He shrugs, and I assess him with a sly smile.

"And...?" I prompt him and he scowls.

He crosses his arms, "And, we could be friends or something." He grumbles and I smile triumphantly.

I giggle at his reaction, but see his lips quirk up as well as he side glances at me, "Course we can, your highness." I tease further and he groans, throwing his head back.

"Okay never mind, maybe not." He says and I shake my head at him.

"Nah, you'd miss me, admit it." I poke him and he glares down at me. I would be genuinely scared of the man if I didn't know him, but he's all soft on the inside.

"I'd miss your insanely attractive family. Like shit, what'd they put in your DNA?" He says with a scoff and I smirk at him.

"Are you perving on my brothers?" I question him and he looks at me.

"Obviously." He says like it's simple, "If you were single you'd be first on my list, little spitfire." He smirks at me sideways and I narrow my eyes at him.

Silver had shared he was pansexual over our tik tok escapades, and i promptly sent him one about being attracted to kitchen appliances.

He didn't respond for 3 hours.

"Remember who my boyfriend is." I warm him and then backtrack, shaking my head, "No, remember who I am." I threaten and he smirks.

"Exactly." He says giving me a once over before laughing and shaking his head.

I changed the subject, asking something I've always wanted to know, "Why 'Silver'?" I say and he meets my curious stare.

He shrugs, "Augustus Grimaldi. Ag." He explains simply, "I majored chemistry before I was trained for royalty so it kinda followed me."

I nod approvingly, "I like it."

He grins, "Why were you up so early?" He asks me and I frown, "You asked me something so it's my turn." He says with a knowing look and I huff.

"Just can't sleep recently." I say vaguely and he nods.

"I have insomnia so, I understand." He says, twisting his lips slightly.

"Have you ever been able to sleep properly?" I pry but he doesn't seem to mind answering questions.

"Yes," He admits, "When someone sleeps beside me." He shrugs and I fight the urge to awe- he's just a big baby- "Wanna help me out?" He winks and my awe instantly vanishes.

I roll my eyes and turn to him again, "Wasn't this supposed to be a business meeting?" I ask him and he grins.

"Did you get it?" He asks, referring to the cyanide, still grinning.

"Mhm." I replied, "It'll be here tomorrow." I tell him and his grin widens.

I want to know why he's killing the Queen- despite the obvious throne situation. But it wasn't my business.

"And in return you'll get Gigi and my brother out?" I tell him and he glances at me with raised brows.

"I agreed to one person." He says with a frown.

"No, it's both or nothing." I say sternly, crossing my arms over my chest. My playful attitude was gone, if he refused to help my brother or boyfriend I'd drop him in a heartbeat.

Silver wets his lips before looking back at me, "It's risky. Not just for you- but for me." He says.

"If you can't get Romeo out, then-" I say with ferocity in my words, but he cuts me off.

"Romeo?" He repeats his name and I nod my head.

"My brother." I clarify.

"Biological?" He asks and I scrunch my face in confusion, what does that matter?

"Yes." I say impatiently.

He smiles widely, "Romeo." He repeats, enthralled by his mere name.

I just look at him- what the fuck.

"Do you have a picture?" He asks, running his tongue along his teeth.

I'm too shocked to even question his motives when I pull out my phone and open a selfie of the two of us from when I lived at the Beneventi's.

I turn the phone to show Silver and he leans forward to look, face slackening and eyes yearning.

He takes a good look, and I eventually retract my phone, quite frankly creeped out by his, well, unusually affectionate behaviour.

He meets my eyes again, "Fine." He says and I start.

I shake my head, bewildered, "Fine? You'll get them both out?" I say not hiding my surprise.

He smirks, "Well we can't have the future husband of the king sitting in prison, can we?" He says, heading tilting to the side.

Speechless, all I can think is, thank fuck for Beneventi genes.

___________________________________________________________

what if i just turned this into an amelia x gracie smut book 😫😫😫

i hope you enjoyed reading! (despite it being monday :( )

ily all so so much and see you next time <3

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

82.5K 4.1K 26
"You know for someone with your name, you're reputation with love is something else," "That's because none of them were you, now come back and let m...
348K 7K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...
561K 13.5K 68
Book 1 of 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖇 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘 𖤓 𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢...