The Clock Starts Ticking (Per...

נכתב על ידי StardustMaster

Meet the first Ace Arcana, Y/n Maruki, as he and his classmates stumble upon the world of Personas! עוד

Prologue: A Game?
Manifestations And Personas
Oppression And Rampage

Diaster and St. Hermelin

305 17 4
נכתב על ידי StardustMaster

The school is shown as ringing is heard. A hole is shown in the wall, as Kirishima peaks her head out and looks left and right. She smiled and turns at the students. "It seems everything is okay. I'm going to go out for a little bit!"

"I'M TELLING YOU NOT TO! IF YOU DIE, WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO!?" Yuka shouts at her, "you saw that just now, right?! There are monsters running around the city. That's what people that managed to escape here said!"

"My, there's no need to worry." Kirishima took out her rapier, "even now, I have confidence in my sword skills. A 'demon' or two will be no problem!"

Yuka holds her head, "'no problem', you say. You are so.."

"Well then, I'll be off!" Kirishima shouted as she went through the hole in the wall.

"IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU, I DON'T CARE!" Yuka shouted.

Kirishima hummed as she walked down the empty street, "it's so quiet. The city was normal until recently. Now it's different with no one around."

Kirishima started to shiver with delight, "it's as if I were in a Stephen King story...how fascinating!"

"Hsss!"

A large deep hissing noise altered her to to two large reptilian creatures, Kirishima hid behind the pole. "Those are real monsters, what an interesting experience."

She soon noticed a blood trail on the ground. She soon followed it to see two women in an alley, "come on, keep your head up."

"Easy for you to say, Maruki-San." one of the woman said, holding her stomach.

"Are you alright?! What happened!?" Kirishima appeared as Maruki got up.

"Hey, you're a student of St. Hermelin...!" Maruki said as she looked at the other woman. "I'm Sakura Maruki, mother of Y/n Maruki, if you've met him."

"Oh?! Maruki-kun?! I know him." Kirishima stated.

"My name is Sonomura. I'm the mother of Maki Sonomura in Class 2-4." Sonomura grabbed Kirishima's shoulders.

"And the mother of Maki?!" Kirishima was shocked. "Well,'I'm their classmate, Eriko Kirishima. Are you both wounded? That blood..?"

"Ah...this, it's no-not anything serious." Maruki stated.

"More than that, we need to hurry to the police..." Sonomura said as a figure appeared behind them. Maruki and Sonomura both gained faces of horror as a monster appeared.

The scene cuts to a different monster getting curb stomped by Inaba. "Hmph, what's with these guys? Ain't a big deal after all. Heheh, or maybe we're just strong..."

Y/n sarcastically spoke, "oh yea, it's not like we almost died a couple of minutes ago."

"That's right. Get off your high horse!" Yukino said as she held her hip, "it's thanks to our personas we can even fight those things."

"I know that much...! But we're the only ones that can call those things out!" Inaba said as he smirked, "gives you a pretty good feeling though, right?"

"...I guess." Yukino said, before she turned to Toudou and Y/n. "Speaking of which, Toudou, you really surprised me. I always thought you were the more delicate type. I changed by opinion about you."

"Right, right," Inaba smiled, "saying something like 'Let's Go' is pretty hotheaded!"

Toudou seemed unamused and looked at Y/n, "I'm more shocked about you, Y/n..."

"Hm? What do you mean?" Y/n asked.

"Well, Y/n, you've always been more on the quiet and cynical type. Seeing you like this..." Yukino smiled, folding her arms. "You can change quite easily."

"Yeah, it's like a whole different person!" Inaba added.

Y/n looked at his gadget, "...easy, huh? I don't know if was easy. Just doing what needs to be done."

Suddenly the closet started to shift as Y/n started to use the gadget but, it appeared to be some doctors with weapons. "Ah, it's you guys! You are alright!"

"You're Sonomura's doctor!" Inaba shouted as they made their way to a safe room. But...fighting monsters on the way. Nanjou looked at Y/n.

"Will you stop running into walls!?" Nanjou looked at Y/n.

"Its..,it's not as easy as you make it seem!!" Y/n got flustered.

"I really wish we didn't have to fight those guys every 15 seconds." Inaba said as he held his back.

Soon they all made it to the room, as the doctors patched everyone up. "Alright, that should do it. It might hurt for a while, but no bones were broken so you'll be fine."

Toudou put on his clothes after being wrapped, "sorry to trouble you."

"So many people..." Y/n said as he looked at the people in the room.

"Hey, Doc. What happen to the ICU? Where'd Sonomura go?" Inaba asked.

The doctor held his face, "I don't know what's really going on...! 'It's an earthquake' is what I thought at that moment, but it felt like there was this incredible pressure...when I came to, I found myself collapsed in this room. Sonomura-San wasn't here, I was going to look for her, but before I knew it, there was these strange things wandering around the hospital."

"Didn't you call the police department?" Y/n asked.

"Course I did, but..." Doc picked up the phone, there was nothing, "no dial tone. And it's not just the phones! Tv, Radios, I can't use anything!!! ON TOP OF THAT, THOSE UNBELIEVABLE THINGS... I'M THE ONE WHO WANTS TO ASK WHAT'S GOING ON!!"

"Doctor..." one of the young nurses tried to calm him down.

"I need to finish Sonomura-san's treatment fast..." the doctor said.

Inaba tried to mess with the TV. "It's true, I can't see anything."

"Hope you don't get pulled through." Y/n folded his arms.

"That's not all. Look over there. I noticed it after the earthquake." one of the nurses pointed to a spot outside. Everyone looked out the window. The whole town was surrounded by mist. "It's like there's a strange...mist completely surrounding the city."

"What in the world is that?" Yukino asked as Y/n shook his head.

"No matter what it is...it's nothing but trouble." Y/n grit his teeth.

"We can't move from here because... we can't just abandon the patients. That's why I'm begging you kids... get in contact with the outside somehow." the doctor said as the gang is seen outside the hospital, walking down the street.

"...In the end, Maki wasn't in the hospital." Yukino said worried.

"Damnit!" Inaba kicked a can down the street.

"There isn't a single car, the whole way..." Nanjou says as Y/n was digging through his bag. Nanjou looked at him as they walked, "Maruki-..."

"Call me, Y/n. You deserve that much." Y/n said not looking at him.

"Y/n, how do you know how to make...something like that?" Nanjou asked, referring to the pen that could somehow turn into a scythe.

"I was wondering the same thing, actually." Toudou admits as Y/n puts his bag back on his back.

"My father was a 'high-level' engineer. Secrets passed down from generations." Y/n says as Inaba looked at him.

"That's more like something magic, or a fairy tale." Inaba said as Toudou and the gang made it to a phone booth and tried.

"Like we thought, we can't use it at all. Even the emergency guys didn't respond." Toudou laid out the problem.

"Geez...what are we supposed to do now...? Oh I know, Nanjou! You got a cellphone?" Inaba asked him.

"Yeah, Wha-?" Nanjou asked but his phone was taken.

When Inaba didn't get a respond, he threw the phone. "shit! I can't use it after all! This stupid thing...YOU'RE COMPLETELY USELESS!!"

"AH?!" Nanjou grabbed Inaba. "YOU BASTARD! WHOSE STUFF DID YOU THINK THAT WAS!?"

"SO WHAT?! IT CAN'T BE USED ANYWAY, RIGHT?!" Inaba replied.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" Nanjou was still pissed.

But a wobble noise was heard before the phone appears on the ground, close to them. "What? Eh...why? I'm sure I threw that thing pretty hard."

Y/n picked it up, "Hm, let me try."

Y/n threw it as Nanjou look at him, "HEY!"

The phone bounced back from a certain point, Toudou was shocked. "It...it bounced back..."

"Hey...look!" Yukino pointed, "the scenery is simmering on the other side, like a heat haze!"

"Maybe this is...the mist we saw." Y/n figured as he held his glasses.

"H-Hey, Inaba..." Nanjou said as Inaba put his hand on the barrier.

"H-Hey! Check this out!" Inaba pushed against it, "it's like wall, we can't go past here!"

"What?!" Y/n shouted, he had a face of pure terror, Nanjou took note.

"...HOLD ON." Yukino gained the attention of others. "Just now... when we were looking from above, the mist looked like it was completely surrounding Mikage."

"Are you saying..." Y/n says as he kept a face of worry. "That we're all trapped in this town?"

A woman's scream from nowhere...sends chills down everyone's back. Toudou looked at the gang, "at any rate, we can't do anything. In the meantime, let's try heading back to the school. There might still be someone there."

"That's true..." y/n says.

"Certainly, there's no use in fussing over something we don't understand." Nanjou added.

"Ye...yeah.." Inaba slowly said.

Y/n and Yukino walked side by side as the others were a bit ahead. Y/n looked at her, "hey...you doing alright?"

"No, honestly, this is all horrifying." Yukino says as Y/n nodded. "All the sudden, everything changed."

"Yeah...but we have to push forward... that's what you would say back then, right?" Y/n asked as Yukino smiled, chuckling a little. "What?"

"Nothing just...you've taken some traits from me. That's all." Yukino smiled as Y/n's heart skipped a beat.

"Yeah. I guess." Y/n said as Yukino noticed his red ears.

"Wait, are you blushing?" she asked.

"What? No, that's...get your head in the game, Yukino!" Y/n mumbled as he walked away.

"Wait...isn't the air weird here?" Yukino stopped him as the gang tried breathing with more focus. "Lately, it hurts the breathe."

"Yeah...there's a strange pressure." Toudou stated, "like something's pressing down on this quiet city."

Suddenly, lighting flashed in front of them as a face appeared. Inaba backed up, "AH! SOMETHING CAME OUT!"

"CALL YOUR PERSONA!" Toudou shouted, but before they could, the monster was cut up into pieces.

"Is everyone ok? No injuries?" Kirishima smiled with her Persona behind her. "There's no need for concern! My persona, Nike, is the goddess of Victory from Greece, the model of an angel. If anything strange were to happen, it would be no problem! From now on,'I shall be everyone's Angel of victory!"

"Mom?! Aunt Sonomura??" Y/n shouted as they all looked behind Kirishima, to see Maruki and Sonomura.

"Y/n...? Nao?" Maruki asked as she hugged Y/n. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Aunt Sonomura?!" Toudou also shouted.

"Nao..? N/n?" she was confused.

"Those wounds! What happened!?" Nanjou shouted.

"Oh, oh my. I wonder why no one is surprised." Kirishima sweatdrops.

"Kandori's subordinate." Sonomura managed to say.

"Kandori?! Kandori Takahisa of SEBEC?" Nanjou asked.

"Kids, we need you to take us to the police, asap!" Maruki shouted.

"We have no time to waste! This disaster is happening right now, everyone is mysteriously disappearing!" Sonomura shouted with worry. "All because he activated the D.V.A system!"

"D.V.A SYSTEM?!" Toudou was confused.

"Yes... the 'Dimension Variable Accelerator System'." Maruki explained, as she held her chin. "It was supposed to help people within the space... it's purpose was to instantly shift the material within a space."

"We...we were too involved in development. I didn't think it could be used for such a dreadful purpose...!" Sonomura said as Toudou was concerned for his aunt. "Kandori is a dreadful man...! He doesn't care about human lives.. hurry! If we don't stop him!"

"Aunt, hang in there!" Toudou said as he held her up.

"You hanging in there?" Y/n asked as he and Yukino held up Maruki.

"Yeah, I've been through worse." Maruki said, "and that's concerning."

"Kandori Takahisa..." Nanjou couldn't believe it.

"Do you know him, Nanjou?" Yukino asked.

"That man...what in the world is he planning!?"
——————-
"That's your mother...?" Yukino asked as she bowed to Maruki. "It's very nice to meet you, Ma'am! I-I am Yukino Mayuzumi!"

Maruki raised an eyebrow with a smirk, "...girlfriend?"

"What-?!" Y/n blushed as Yukino thought:

Girl + Friend = Girlfriend

"Yes!" Yukino said as Y/n looked at her. "We've been that way for a while now."

"What?!" Y/n shouted as Maruki laughed.

"Aw, you should invite her for dinner once this is all over, kiddo!" Maruki said as Sonomura sweatdropped.

"I'm glad there's somethings that will never change, Maruki." Sonomura says.

Kandori is seen from his building, a voice calls out to him. "...Papa?"

"Oh, Aki?" Kandori wondered. "Come here..look at the condition of the city. We've finally managed to come this far. Even though this is only just the beginning..."

"It's fine Papa. Your real wish will be granted soon." Aki walked to him. "Aki will help you, Papa."

"...thank you." Kandori ruffled her hair, "you're a good kid."

"Eh ehehe." She giggled.

"You truly are...a good kid." Kandori looked out the window.

"SEBEC. Officially, It's 'Saeki Energy and Biological and Electronics Corporation.' The world-renowned conglomerate, Saeki group's new project. An up and coming enterprise." Nanjou pushed up his glasses, "the Japanese branch representative is Kandori Takahisa."

Y/n is seen sitting, holding his mother's head to his chest. While Toudou did the same for his aunt. "At age 28, this man's inauguration at the branch was the subject of the financial world. Truth is, he seemed like a suitable person, sharp and able. At 20, he finished at Oxford Graduate School. He acquired degrees in economics, law, and sociology. Countless statesmen have been born from the old family 'Kandori' and the oldest son, his pedigree has no shortcomings."

"You seem to know a lot." Toudou spokesman up.

Nanjou held his cane, "he's a famous person in my world, after all. At any rate, in terms of management, ability, career, and bloodline, he seems perfect, right? However..."

"What?" Y/n asked.

"I don't like him." Nanjou stated with anger, "since I first met him at a party? Greeting the well wishing kiss ups. At first glance, while he appeared courteous...the truth is...it seemed like he was looking down on everything... well, whatever the truth is, that this situation is that guy's doing doesn't surprise me. He'll do anything, that unpleasant man!"

"Heeeeh. It must be the end of the world for you to go that far, Nanjou!" Inaba, Kirishima, and Yukino walked back.

"Was was it with the police?" Y/n asked them.

Inaba waved his hand, "No good, no good. Not worth talking about."

"All that remains inside is a monster den." Kirishima explained.

"We thought about the policemen, but there are only zombies... it really doesn't feel like it's functioning." Yukino said as she walked to Y/n.

"I see. Like we thought." Nanjou stated.

"Hey, how are they..?" Yukino asked.

"Aunt hasn't woken up yet. Neither has Maruki-San." Toudou explained, "if we don't hurry and get them treated..."

Y/n burrows his eyebrows, worry was a face that had been on his face before. But this, this worry was different. And the difference showed to everyone, it made him more determined. "Kirishima, you said the school was fine?"

"Ye, the school council blockaded the school gates? And I haven't heard of any monsters appearing there." Kirishima thought.

Y/n nodded and picked up his mother, Nanjou looked at him. "Y/n...easy now.."

"Like we thought, we have to head back to school." Y/n walked ahead, "pull your weight, let's go."

"Right." Toudou said as he carried his aunt as well, soon the group followed.
————-
Running is heard as a school door slams open, Toudou looked at them, "hey, who is that? Open the door quietly. Ah...Saeko-Sensei."

"Toudou, Nanjou, Inaba, Mayuzumi, Maruki..you're all here...?" Saeko was out of breath and dropped to her knees. "Ah, thank goodness."

"Sensei,..?" Y/n was a bit confused as he sat on the same bed as the other boys.

"I was worried. The other kids are fine, but everyone was wondering about you..." Saeko says as she holds her head, "by the way, you four are getting along enough to be sitting together?"

The boys all froze, before looking away. Nanjou was the first to speak. "We're not getting along or anything."

Y/n was next, fixing his glasses and keeping to himself. "I mean...we aren't fighting but..."

Inaba gritted his teeth, "nothing special. Natsume-San told us to sit here..."

Toudou didn't say anything as Natsume spoke, "ok boys, it's okay for you to come over."

"?' Why are these people...!?" Saeko looked at Natsume, who was looking at Maruki and Sonomura.

"They're fine. They weren't seriously injured. It's just blood loss and exhaustion that worried me. For now, they need rest." Natsume held her arms. Inaba explained it to the two, "hmm, SEBEC...?"

"Well, I guess you can't help thinking like that, what with reality becoming like this." Saeko held her head, Y/n couldn't determine whether she believed them or not. "For now, we'll just have to do what we can."

"Sensei..." Yukino started to say.

"With that being said, go to the cafeteria." Saeko said as the boys all questioned her, "aren't you hungry? You haven't eaten anything since lunch right? We've still got some bread left. When you're hungry, it's hard to think. Go on!"

And so they did, "Ahh! No way, you're alliiive?"

"I thought for sure you were done in by a monster." Yuka said, drinking a juice box.

"Ahh, you six..." a student looked at the odd group.

"You guys look really scary..."

The group was a bit annoyed, Y/n and Toudou thought, "it's getting noisy again..."

"Somehow, Ayase seems disappointed.."Kirishima brought up.

"Eh, that's not it at all. How was it? Were there monsters?" Yuka walked over with a smile.

"Eh, well...about that..." Kirishima started to say.

"YO! CONGRATULATIONS ON RETURNING ALIVE AND WELL!" Uesugi winked with a peace sign.

"You're here too,..and what's with that?" Inaba says as Y/n walks off from the group to get his own food.

"M-Maruki-kun?" a girl holding a book approached him. "There should be food over there."

"Ah, is that so? Thanks, Himeno..." Y/n kept to himself, and was going to walk away...

"Um, I heard from Ayase you went to the hospital...is Maki-Chan?" she asked...

"If you're asking if she's okay, then..." y/n was gonna tell the truth, that he didn't know. But... "She was fine when we first arrived, but after the whole earthquake thing.... Sorry, it's a bit hazy."

"N-No, it's my bad. Sorry to ask you something strange.." she says as Y/n noticed a book in her hand.

"'Paradise Door', I'm guessing you're trying to return that book to Sonomura?" Y/n says as Himeno was surprised.

"Yes, how...how did you?" she asked.

"It was...you should talk to Toudou, he's closer to her than I am." Y/n said as he walked away. Nanjou looked at his butler's glasses in silence before closing the case.

Y/n sits at a table, Yukino looks at him. "Come on, Y/n."

"Go ahead, I'm done." Y/n said as Yukino sighed.

"Unfortunately, we don't get to be done." Yukino grabbed his arm, as Y/n was reluctant. "Please, don't make this harder."

"Fine," Y/n says as he takes a bite of Yukino's sandwich. "Whatever."

"So... what do we do?" Kirishima asked as the gang sat at a table.

"Isn't it obvious? We're going to March over to SEBEC, and shit down that Kandori bastard." Inaba gritted his teeth. "Then, we're going to stop the DVA system, right? Then everything'll be finished!"

"What makes you think it'll be that easy, Inaba?" Y/n asked him.

"W..What! Y/n..." Inaba looked shocked.

"You heard Nanjou, SEBEC supposedly was it's own private army of SP..." y/n says.

"Generally, the case is that if something happens at SEBEC, then obviously we need to know how to deal with it." Toudou adds, "I think we need to wait for Sonomura or Maruki to wake up. So we can ask them for more details."

"WE'RE SUPPOSED TO WAIT THAT LONG?!" Inaba slammed the table.

"Inaba, control." Y/n stated.

"Well, anyway...it's not necessary to be that careful, we've got per..." Inaba started to say.

"Inaba!" Yukino shouted at him.

"We have 'those', don't we?" Imaba shouts, "WE DON'T HAVE TO BE SCARED OF SEBEC OR ANYTHING! LET'S JUST MARCH OVER THERE AND..."

"Oh, that's right... you said something about SEBEC." one of the smoking student looked at him.

"Good going, Inaba..."Y/n mumbled.

"What? You want something?" the student asked.

"What's this SEBEC?" Another student asked.

"Stupid, you don't know? They built that giant building that looks haunted..." the student explained.

"It's because this city is jinxed, they're super famous!" Yuka gave her own thoughts, "maybe even this is because of the jinx."

"Hey, no quit it..."

"I told you, that's not it! I've thought about this before..." a student spoke up, "that company's definitely making biological weapons. Those monsters wandering around the city are guys that escaped from there..."

"Isn't that from Biohazard?" Y/n asked himself.

"What? What are they talking about?"

"SEBEC, you know that...."

They all started to draw in a crowd, as a man ate his bread angrily. "Hey now that you mention it, look about two months ago... didn't Kasai-San become a missing person? Could that be because of the Jinx too?"

"Eh? That was an elopement, wasn't it? Her boyfriend, Naitou, disappeared too."

"Mushahah! That's wrong! It's not because of something like jinx. This St.Hermelin has a curse handed down." a creepy student held up a finger, "Kurogiri...you didn't know? This academy has had a large number of incidents of students disappearing...this case too, is definitely..."

Yuka threw water at his face, "Gee! Stop talking about unpleasant things, jerk! We have to stay here tonight! I'm super pissed, what are you thinking?!"

"No way...this is scary."

"I wanna go home...."

"We can't even take a bath here..." the smoker said. "Maybe we can seal out through the hole in the wall."

"Hey, knock it off. That's dangerous." Y/n looked at him.

"But you guys are ok." he replied.

"We we're lucky. Besides, we can't go home anyway. We can't get out of the city." Inaba stupidly said before Y/n punched his side.

"WE CAN'T GET OUT OF THE CITY!?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!"

"W..We'll, I don't really know either! But until we can go home, we have to come back here." Inaba realized what he had created.

"No way! Are you serious!? Then what are we supposed to do?!"

"Noooo...I want to go home!"

"Mommy..."

Suddenly a fist slammed on the table, as the students look at a man with a scar on his forehead. Y/n seemed annoyed by the man, as much as he hated the situation. "Don't make a fuss over stupid rumors!"

He pushed a kid aside and slammed the cafeteria door shut. Kirishima looked at Toudou, "this is the first time I've seen him speak so loudly..."

"He doesn't talk at all, normally..." Toudou adds.

"Who's that?" a girl asked Yuka.

"He's a transfer student in our class, some guy called Reiji Kido." Yuka explained.

"Hmm~ but he's kinda cool!" a girl started to crush.

Yuka looked at her with disbelief, "eh? Knock it off, that guys really unsociable."

The girl held her face, "eh? But he seems so strong or masculine. So cool~"

"She told you to knock it off! Forget about that, what about me? I'm fun, besides. That guy's definitely a coward at heart, Y'know? He was scared, so he talked in a big voice to fool us." Uesugi stated, "the real big shot is me, y'know. Smiling brightly as always. Demons or whatever, they're no big deal."

"Idiot." Inaba said.

"Don't think you have any right to talk, Inaba. You almost caused more problems than needed." Y/n says as he looked at Uesugi's cocky attitude, "although, I do wanna throw him out to see how he handles it."

"Kido, huh...he's certainly peculiar guy but, we were saved by that commotion." Yukino admitted.

"Truly, if word of persona were to get out, I don't know.." Nanjou added.

"This is something we need to keep a secret from the others." Kirishima suggested.

"Agreed. Saves us the trouble anyway." Y/n says as Kirishima looked at him.

"What's wrong, Y/n?" she asked as Y/n shrugged.

"There is a lot going on," Toudou added, "better to say it now."

"Sigh, I'm...guess I'm just worried about another loved one.. mom...why was she like that?" Y/n asked as Inaba looked at him.

"They were losing quite a lot of blood." Inaba said, "you seem close to her. She seemed to be in good spirits...got along with everyone nice."

"She's always had my back. Just like I'll try to be there for you guys." Y/n said as Yukino had a flash back.

"No one's coming for you." A gang member looks at Yukino, in Yanki mode and who was in a chair tied up. The warehouse was filled with guys. "If ya just kept your mouth shut, nobody would even bat an eye to this."

"They'll come. I know they will." Yukino said as the man lifted her chin.

"It's been hours, no one. They left you behind, Maz." He chuckled as the men started laughing as well.

Yukino put her head down again, "damn it..."

BAM!

"Huh?" Yukino asked as the man turned around.

"Who are you, kid? You're not in her gang." the man said as Y/n is seen with crooked glasses, holding a metal bat.

A guy was knocked out at his feet. "You...you guys...let...let her go..."

Yukino glared at him, "you dumbass! I told you to go away! I don't need your help!"

"Oh? Boys? Ahaha, let's me see." the man walked up, picking up a pipe.

"RUN!" Yukino said.

"Why did you come all this way, boy? I don't think you know what you're bout to do." the man said as Y/n wiped his blood from his bruised lip. He was already tired. "You like her?"

"It's not...anything like that...I barley even know her." Y/n said as the man couldn't understand.

"What, so you're like a white knight?" he asked.

"Nothing... like that...I think...it's simply because...I can't leave someone who's been abandoned by family... I can't give up on someone who trying to change." Y/n smirked a bit, with his messy appearance. Yukino's heart skipped a beat as she blushed. "You're taking away her chance to move forward, past all this.
So...I'll give you the chance to leave..."

"..." the man couldn't believe this. "You read that out of a novel or something?! HAHAHAH! GET A LOAD OF THIS!"

The man simply threw his pipe at Y/n, which knocked him down. He then kicked him in the stomach, "GAH-!"

"Once you're in, you just can't leave when you want, Kid! That's not how the world works!" the man was beating him pretty bad before snapping was heard. The man turned around, "huh-!"

Yukino slammed the pipe into the man's face, knocking him out. Yukino also had messy hair, she stopped breathing heavy and looked at Y/n. "Hey, hey, kid. You alright? You okay?"

"Yea-?" A comical crack was heard, Y/n held his stomach. "Maybe not."

"Whew." Yukino picked him up by wrapping his arm over her shoulder. "Your glasses are ruined now."

"Eh...it's okay...I'll just make new ones..." y/n said tired.

"Make..? You're a smart kid, aren't you?" Yukino asked as Y/n sighed.

"It's Y/n. Stop calling me kid, we're the same age. And in the same class." Y/n said as Yukino noticed the two men outside the warehouse that Y/n knocked out.

Yukino smiled, "Y/n. That's a sweet name."

Y/n held his head, "I want to go home, Sis and Bro are probably scared out of their mind. I don't want Sis's heart rate going up to high. I don't want her to try and leave."

Yukino was silent, as Kirishima was confused. "What do you mean?"

"She's...ill...bedridden." Y/n says as he takes a bit of his food. "How do I tell those two that mom's injured and may not survive, I got these weird powers, and I can't even imagine if she has enough energy to get food or walk."

"I see... that would explain the face at the border." Nanjou stated.

"Yeah, nothing I can..." Y/n started to say.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" the principal walked in.

"Geh! It's the demon principal!"

"If you're done eating, you should be studying or going to sleep! I'm times of crisis, one's presence of mind is... HEY! WHO'S SMOKING TOBACCO!?" He shouted, "YOU'RE A BUNCH OF NO GOOD SLACKERS! DOING SOMETHING SO IRRESPONSIBLE AT A TIME LIKE THIS! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING CARE OF YOUR BODY!!"

While most of the kids were asleep, Y/n was in the nurses office, looking over his mom. "Inside of me...is a persona, I wonder, which one is the real me... is that even a question?"

Y/n looked at a paper on her lap, Y/n picked up. He was shocked, it was note for Y/n. "She must have wrote it when she was awake."

'Y/n, knowing you, you're probably freaking out about me and your sister. And for once, I'm asking you to not worry and listen. The system's influence covers the entire city, outside help is nearly impossible. SEBEC's research establishment was hidden underground, it had a very complicated construction, for the sake of keeping it classified. Me and Sonomura forged I.Ds' and unrestricted passes. We exposed through an opening we saw in a connected factory's entrance gate but...'

Y/n searched her pockets, finding two cards, taking both.

'I'm asking you something unbecoming of a mother. I begging you, Y/n. Put a stop to this madness. Those personas, time was always a factor in our lives, never having enough of it, while also have so much to play with. I hope...I can see you again when I awaken.'

Y/n walks out the door, he looks at the mirror in the window as he passes. Toki no Okina appears in the mirror behind him. Meanwhile outside, "I told you, I won't say anything bad,"

"You can't come..okay! I told you, there are monsters out there!" Inaba looks at Uesugi.

"There you go again. You guys came back fine!" Uesugi smirked, "saying those sorts of stuff, you were planning on running away by yourself to a safe place, right?"

"Dumbass, I told you it's not like that!" Inaba shouted at him.

"OK, YOU BETTER KNOCK IT OFF..." Uesugi glared.

"Hey." the two froze and turned to see Nanjou. "Where do you think you're sneaking off to in the middle of the night?"

"You can't stop me! I'm going to SEBEC! I need to hurry up and save Sonomura!" Inaba shouted.

"Sonomura?" Uesugi was confused.

"I wasn't going to stop you or anything. I'm going too. There's something...I'd like to talk to Kandori about..."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

14.3K 886 31
Mari Su had always been the center of attention at school until she transfers. At her new school, she becomes 'a nobody' until she meets Hansol and J...
48 4 4
Nakano, a new student at JJH recollects her memory of meeting Yuji for the first time and how she came to fall in love with him. 🍋🍋Read at your...
8.6K 320 26
Izuku Midoriya is starting his first year of high school where he hopes his Junior high past doesn't follow him. But from attending this school he me...
5.7K 223 15
WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THIRD SEMESTER Maruki first met you at a convenience store near Shujin Academy; awkward and endearing, he quickly captivated y...