The Immortal Prince ✔️

By Midika

"Tomorrow, we don't have to speak of this again." I hardly know what I'm asking. I just know I want whatever... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
Epilogue

14

10.3K 409 30
By Midika

Word Count: 2236

~Vaela

I've forgotten what freedom feels like.

Now that I'm amidst it, I'm sitting like a fool, staring into a swarm of people. Some dance, others just drink and mingle. Not long ago I would be immersed in the throngs, but now, I watch on warily, painfully aware of my own mortality.

Nudging Eyla, I point to a particularly adequate looking man. "I like the look of him."

Truthfully, I'm suddenly hyper aware of how mundane normal Immortals look. Seeing Hale everyday has poisoned my sense of normality, and now I'm concerned I'm going to struggle to integrate back into society once this is over.

When I touch my mate for the first time, he will become the most attractive man I've ever seen, Pureblood or not.

Eyla slides a glass across the surface of the bar, careful not to spill the liquid inside. "Maybe bring him a drink and brush hands."

"That's a good idea."

I reach for it, but Hale grabs my wrist, shaking his head. Steadying my breathing, I tug my hand away, rubbing where his leather glove touched my skin.

"Or you could just walk up to them and touch them." His smile is stiff, as he casts his gaze back over the crowd, monitoring as they do him.

I shouldn't have let him come. Gaze's have been pinned to the pureblood since his arrival, most regarding him unsurely, other's gaping with disbelief. He's only limited my chances of finding my mate here.

"I don't want to come off weird," I breathe.

He glances back at me. "You won't. You're beautiful, I'm sure they won't mind."

"Hale...Was that a compliment?" Eyla grins, leaning over the bar. He doesn't look at her, although the edge of his lips tilt up ever-so-slightly.

"You aren't going to accomplish anything sitting here, Vaela. Get in there." He nods into the crowd. He's going to be watching my every move, which only adds more pressure atop what is currently weighing upon me.

Clasping the glass, I stand, approaching the swarm of people, targeting one man in particular.

He watches me approach him, a smirk playing on his lips, dark eyes roving over me shamelessly. Mate or not, I'm eager to talk to someone that isn't Eyla, Will or Hale.

"Hello. Why am I getting the sense there's something off about you?" He grins in a boyish, lazy way. I thought he was my type, with his dark hair and eyes, and now I realise that whoever I thought I would be interested in can hardly compare to a Pureblood.

"You've been drinking," I dismiss jokingly, although it just comes out breathy and awkward.

Most here can tell I'm mortal just from looking at me, but most are too drunk to notice.

"Maybe. I like your dress." He grins over the rim of the glass I thrust at him, his gaze tracing over the curves of my body.

I glance down, pressing my hands against the fabric of the dress Eyla loaned me. Even before becoming mortal, I didn't own much that was flattering.

"Thank you. I like your...eyes," I comment stiffly. His eyes are pretty, dark and expressive.

He jerks his chin toward Hale. "Why are you spending time with an Immortal Sin?"

Great, I figured that would be the focal point of any of my conversations. "Long story."

"Is he your boyfriend?" The man almost looks a little frightened. Were I truly committed to a Sin, he would have a lot to worry about.

"What, no. Absolutely not." I don't mean to sound so flustered, cheeks tinting red.

"He's staring like he wants me dead," the man muttered. He's trying to keep that confident air about him, but hear the tinge of fear in his voice. Were I actually Hale's lover, he would have a lot to worry about.

Glancing over my shoulder, I realise the stranger is right. Hale watches us, gaze never straying elsewhere. I frown back at him, wishing he would shake that murderous expression and busy himself with something, or someone else.

"He's protective, but it doesn't matter. I'm allowed to talk to an attractive man if I wish," I say, stepping in front of the man's view of Hale.

I don't need Hale ruining this.

"Can I convince you to leave here with me tonight?" he asks, reaching out to brush his fingertips against my hand. He's not my mate.

That's not a surprise. But still, he's handsome enough, and I feel like being someone I'm not for tonight.

My lips curve up, his suggestion making my stomach twist with anticipation. "And do what?"

"I think you know," he murmurs. He winds his fingers through mine, tugging me a little closer. A night not thinking about my mortality, or the Pureblood waiting for me in the cave would be exactly what I need.

"I have been in need of some fun," I muse.

His eyes flash excitedly. "Excellent. Let me go get you another drink."

I nod, letting him brush past me. I stay mingled with every in the centre of the room, some dancing, others standing in circles talking and drinking. It feels nice to be out, even if people are giving me confused sidelong glances.

Suddenly, I can feel a presence behind me, and I know immediately it isn't the stranger returning with a drink.

"Absolutely not."

I sigh, turning around. Sure enough, Hale stands with his hands seated in his pockets, gaze intense as he looks down at me. I should have known he was watching and was going to forbid me from leaving with a stranger.

I debate kicking him in the shin. "What?"

"You're not leaving here with him," he mutters, looking back distastefully at the man at the bar. I'm not sure why I ever thought I would manage to convince Hale to allow me to have this one night of fun.

"Why not?"

"It's dangerous," he growls. I watch people wander past us, not bothering to hide their eavesdropping. They are probably wondering what a Pureblood is doing with a mortal, and why we are arguing in the middle of the bar.

My eyes narrow. "You're not jealous, are you?"

"Mortals who are dying don't get to have fun." He goes to turn away, to walk back to the bar to brood, but I grab his sleeve, forcing him to turn back around.

"Don't ruin this for me," I insist. If I don't find my mate tonight, I'll have to return to the confines of the cave where there is nothing productive for me to do.

"If you want sex, release or whatever it is you're looking for I suggest looking for it in the safety of a warm, safe cave. Tonight is about finding your mate, that is it," he mutters, brows furrowing.

I gape at him. "Are you implying that I should have sex with you?"

"Or Will. Even Eyla." He shrugs. There is no amusement in his eyes...was he not joking? Does he seriously want me to seek any of them out?

"No...I don't like these options." I shake my head.

"Touch some more people, realise they are not your mate and let's get out of here," he encourages, motioning to everyone else in the bar. When I look around the room, there aren't many others who I would assume could be my mate.

"Stop interrupting, everyone is staring at us strangely because they know I'm mortal and you're a Sin," I hiss. The longer he lingers, the worse my chances are.

He holds his hands up defensively. "Fine. I'm backing off."

I glare at him as he turns, walking back to join Eyla at the bar.

Huffing out a breath, I scan the room for the stranger who is meant to be returning with a drink for me. He seems to have vanished though, which I assume is the fault of Hale. Rolling my eyes, I turn my attention to another part of the room, beyond irritated.

This is not going well. But I will not be defeated.

From the corner of my eye, I notice someone approaching me, the slight sway to their walk suggesting they have had one too many to drink.

I sigh. They will have to do.

"Couldn't tell if you're being harassed by that pure blood, or if you're with him," he jokes. He has a leering smile, but he's handsome enough for normal standards. I'll touch him and get this over with, because I don't want to spend too much time with a drunk.

I glance toward Hale, who for once, isn't looking at me. "Don't worry about him, he doesn't matter."

The man steps back, looking over me, trying not to spill his drink. "You're mortal."

"Doesn't matter," I dismiss, starting to get frustrated. It's shocking for them, but I need to get to the point. "I really like your rings."

Reaching out, I let my fingers run over the golden jewellery, before lightly touching his skin. Sure enough, there is no spark, which is an overwhelming relief.

"Thank you," he says. "You're stunning."

"I appreciate it. I think I'm going to go talk to some more people," I excuse. I'm tempted to not bother with small talk at this point, and just wander about brushing up against people.

As I go to walk away, he grabs my wrist, yanking me back to him with surprising force.

"Why don't you stay here and talk to me? It's been a long time since I've been around a mortal." He's not asking, that drunken smile never faltering. I pull at my arm, but he's immortal, and far stronger than me.

"I'm basically an immortal, and I need to go," I insist.

He gives me pleading eyes, trying to look coy, but all it does is make my stomach turn in disgust. "No, stay. I have some friends in the bar over there would love to meet you."

I follow his gaze toward the bar, and sure enough, two men watch us, grinning.

Swallowing my fear, I look for Hale, who has his back to me, discussing something in depth with Eyla. Were he looking, he would come to my aid immediately, but of all times for him to be distracted, it has to be now...

"Let go of me, seriously," I growl. If I kick him, or do something to defend myself, there is a chance he will turn on me with full force. I'm mortal, I can't risk angering anyone.

He sighs, blowing alcohol drenched breath in my face. "Come on...You're no fun."

"If you don't let go of me-"

My threat falls flat, as he yanks me to his side, flicking my hair back to whisper in my ear. "What? You're mortal in a room full of immortals. You don't stand a chance, unless you come with me and meet my friends."

"Fine, but only if you want to deal with the pureblood, my boyfriend," I exclaim, nodding to Hale. The man follows my gaze, and for a moment he stiffens, then frowns down at me.

Turn around, Hale.

"You're not with him."

Turn around.

"Want to take that risk?" I ask.

The man goes quiet, just as Hale turns, finally look back at me. It takes him a moment to see the man's tight grip on me, and the way he has me pressed against him, before he is on his feet, pushing people out of the way as he strides over.

The man lets go of me, stumbling away.

"Okay, fine, I don't want any trouble," he insists, panicked eyes tracking Hale's movements. No amount of help in this room could get him out of whatever punishment Hale would want to inflict on him.

"What's going on?" he asks, looking between the two of us. I'm so relieved he saw, stopping this before the man could drag me from the room, where I would never be seen again.

"Nothing, I was just leaving." The man backs away, before vanishing into the crowd.

Hale frowns, looking down at me. "What was that?"

"We can go now," I say quickly, grabbing his arm, hoping to drag his attention away from the man. It's not like I don't think he deserves to be punished, but I don't want people's eyes on us anymore then they already are.

"What did he do?" Hale demands, watching as I rub my wrist.

"He wanted to take me to his friends, or something. He even threatened me," I murmur lowly, so no one will overhear.

Hale's gaze flashes with anger, and he goes to follow the man, but I step in front of him, planting my palm against his chest. He pauses, looking down at me with furrowed brows, wondering why I'm interrupting.

"I'm going to kill him," he growls.

"Hale don't," I warn. Nobody needs to die, or come close to it tonight. I just want to crawl into bed and wish this never happened. "Just take me home."

He sighs through his nose, looking contemplative. Eventually the tension vanishes from his shoulders, and he nods.

"Okay. Let's go get Eyla and get out of here."

❤️••❤️

As always, the story will be available 10 chapters ahead on Radish!!!

You can also find it on GoodNovel (:

• A DEMON'S KISS IS OUT NOW! - RADISH and LATER ON WATTPAD •

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

948 2 36
**This is the CLEAN version! The sexy version is available on Radish at https://radish.app.link/h0fk0S0q9rb** Determined mer warlord Torun can't wait...
5.5K 104 33
PROLOGUE Mates, simple word but have a lot of meaning behind it, it says mates were to protect each other love each other care for each other and the...
7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...
131 34 17
I will kill him. I will mutilate him. I will make him hurt. And he'd never want to be alive again. After Luna was almost murdered by the doppelgänger...