The Alpha of Alphas: Apollo (...

Από love_human_fears

BOOK #1 IN APOLLO SERIES Blaze was not happy in life, and everyone knew it. The adopted son of the Alpha and... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
*Cast* Spoilers for people not up to this chapter
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74

Chapter 7

15.2K 765 115
Από love_human_fears

I hadn't seen Lyle all day. Lyle and Alpha left early in the morning to handle some business. That left me alone with Luna and her crazy antics. I've put table cloths on all of the tables, set up all the chairs, hung all the decorations, set up the food warmers, set up the food in the food warmers, blew up balloons, set up appetizers, and hung lights from the surrounding trees. Quite a few pack members were by helping as well as bring more supplies, but no one was there as long as me. I was Luna's puppet for the day, but I didn't mind.

Now with only a half hour until the party is set to begin, Luna and I were getting ready ourselves. I showered and blow dried my curly hair. I used hair gel hold in my curls, styling the mop until I approved. The black suit Luna picked out was smooth and fit my body perfectly. The black tie that accompanied it made me feel important, like my words were meant to be heard tonight. But I knew better than that. Tonight was a night for me to sit in the shadows and let Lyle bask in his sickening glory.

"Ready?" Luna called from down the stairs. I took one last look in the mirror before stomping down the stairs. Luna looked absolutely brilliant in her red dress. Though I knew her actual age, she didn't look a day over 30.

Smiling brightly at her, I held out my arm, which she kindly grasped as I led her to the car. As I drove, Luna listed off things on her to do list while I reassured her that we already did them. She really was the perfect Luna. Hopefully Lyle's mate is just as skillful in these tasks.

There were already people on the field enjoying themselves once we showed up. I spotted Weston's bright red hair only seconds after leaving the car. Luna rushed off to check her preparations, leaving me to saunter up to Weston.

Weston was an extremely bubbly person, and just like at every other event, he was talking people's ears off. Weston's mouth grew a wider smile once he saw me approaching.

"You look dashing, Blaze!" He exclaimed in a fake British accent, throwing his arms around me for a hug. He was one of the few people I even let touch me, so this act attracted a few stares. His arms made me feel loved and safe, unlike so many others in the pack who made me feel like a filthy rouge.

I giggled into his hair until he released me. "You look pretty dapper yourself," I commented, scanning his freshly pressed suit. He took a moment to meticulously fix his hair.

We waltzed back over to the table he was just at. Weston continued his conversation with some of the hockey players. I leaned back in my chair, quietly observing the party. There was a long rectangular table in the front of the party with the rest being small circular ones. The rectangular table was for Lyle, Alex, Macey, Luna, and Alpha. But there was 6 seats, so I pondered who the other chair might be for.

Lyle arrived about 30 minutes after the party started, fashionably late like always. He was wearing almost the exact same suit as me except he had a black bow tie. Alpha was in a tan suit and red tie, matching Luna's outfit well. They marched suavely to the party, sitting at their seats at the rectangular table. The crowd quieted down to stare at the two, but returned to its normal volume once Luna and Alex walked up to greet them. I couldn't help but notice Lyle's eyes staring at me with a bit of confusion. We made eye contact for a split second before I shifted my attention back to Weston.

"Blaze!" I heard my name being called not a second later. I turned around to see Henry with a foolish smile plastered on his face, yet my eyes wandered to a smaller boy holding his hand.

I stood up from my seat to greet them, raising my eyebrows at the two. "Henry! Is this your mate?" I asked, pausing to look at the mate who had wide eyes. "Felix right?"

The boy stared for a minute as we waited for a response. The boy seemed to snap out of his weird trance after a nudge from his mate. It was probably just nerves or being around so many people. "Blazen?" He whispered, squinting at me.

Henry and I both cocked our heads. "Uh, no, just Blaze," I responded, but the boy still was shaken up as if he saw a ghost.

"Oh sorry... yes I'm Felix." He was still hesitant but managed to compose himself more.

I gave him a warm smile, hoping his reaction wasn't because I'm scary. I'd hate for a newcomer to be scared of me, too. "What pack did you say you were from?"

"Black Hearts Pack, about a half hour from here," he answered quickly. I nodded in understanding, but the name didn't sit well on my brain. It sounded familiar. Like I should know more about it.

"I'm glad to hear you are joining our pack. Your old pack will be missing out on you!" I laughed, being more social than usual.

There was a small silence before Henry spoke again. "I wanted to say thank you for being so welcoming and putting me in contact with Alex about the pack exchange. You've been a great help," Henry said sincerely, tightly gripping his mate's hand.

I unintentionally smiled at the loving gesture. I envied Henry for finding his mate and being happy, yet I also felt incredibly happy for him. It was a strange feeling but one I could get used to.

Henry and Felix sat down at our table and joined the conversation about our next games. I was barely listening to the conversation as I kept feeling Felix's eyes back on me. Something caught his curiosity, but I wasn't going to question it.

"Aren't we facing Felix's pack next week?" Henry pitched in, and everyone looked at me for an answer.

That's probably why I felt like I should know the name of the pack. Henry was right, we were facing them. "Oh yeah, Midland Ridge High has some of the Black Heart pack members on it I think," I explained, leaving everyone satisfied.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. Luna was standing behind me, tapping her foot. Her red stained lips were pierced into a thin line and her eyes were narrowed at me. "Blaze, you are supposed to be sitting next to me at the table!" She exasperated as if I ruined her entire evening.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I glanced at the two empty seats at the end. "How was I supposed to know that?" Luna rolled her eyes as if my words were stupid.

"Because of the extra seat? I thought I taught you how to count?" There were a few laughs from behind me, mostly from Weston. I glared at him, instantly shutting him up.

I didn't feel like arguing, so I trudged up to the table and took my place next to Luna. I didn't like being at the center of attention, especially not sitting where everyone can watch me. I hoped Lyle would be enough entertainment that I could go unnoticed.

Lyle was talking to a few elders, thanking them for their attendance. He was always good at putting on a show for the pack. His eyes landed on me while he talked. We held eye contact for a moment but it felt like it was for hours. It felt different. I didn't find myself instantly annoyed at his presence. Instead I felt enchanted by his dark eyes. Maybe since he's 18 now and soon to be Alpha, I'm feeling his Alpha power? I've never heard of that, but it was the only thing I could think of to explain the sudden pull. It almost felt similar to what I felt around Ace. The need to protect. The need to be around them. Maybe it's the warrior in me? Feeling the need to protect the soon to be Alpha and omegas of my pack.

I broke the eye contact to look at Alpha who was asking me about the omega training. We kept up some light chatter, mostly Alpha and Luna talking and me quietly listening.

"Ah! Alpha! Luna! How are you?" I looked up to see an older man who I recognized as one of the elders of the pack. To my surprise, Ace was standing directly behind him.

Alpha stood, shaking the man's hand, but my eyes focused on Ace. He stood confidently until his eyes landed on me. Then, he cowered slightly behind who I believe is the grandfather who taught him how to fight.

"We are doing just great, Lewis! How are your kids and grandkids? I see Ace is with you," Alpha responded politely. I was surprised Alpha knew Ace's name, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't and Luna reminded him through mindlink. Luna practically knows everyone in the pack.

The man put his arm around Ace, pulling him back forward. "Very good! I was happy to hear about your omega training. Ace is participating and seems to really like it so far." I smirked unconsciously at Ace, who simply blushed. He liked it, huh?

"Ace is a really talented fighter, but trust me, I've been keeping him on his toes," I commented, surprising Luna and Alpha. I rarely speak without being prompted, but I liked Ace, whether I wanted to admit it or not.

The man smiled brightly and put out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Lewis, Ace's grandfather. I don't think we've ever properly met before, Blaze," he introduced as I firmly shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you sir," I nodded, looking at Ace the entire time.

"Elder Lewis, thank you for coming!" Lyle suddenly interrupted, standing between Ace and me. I furrowed my eyebrows at the sudden intrusion, but didn't question it. Lyle stared intensely at Ace, practically growling at him. Ace cowered behind his grandfather, who didn't seem to notice the interaction.

"I think entrées are coming out soon," I quickly said, grabbing Lyle's arm. I was worried he was going to pounce on Ace. And I had no idea why.

"Ah, we should go back to our seats then. Happy birthday, Lyle!" Lewis and Ace make their way back to their seats. I let go of Lyle's arm, who finally relaxed.

"What the fuck was that?" I whispered to him, not hiding my anger and confusion. Lyle glared at me before going back to his seat. Though I had more questions, I didn't press the issue to not cause a scene. Alpha and Luna seemed to be in their own world deep in a conversation with another couple, which I was thankful for. They didn't need to understand the extent of the sons' feud.

After a few moments, Luna turned to Lyle to inform him it's time to make a toast. Lyle nodded and stood. He tapped a fork against his wine glass a couple of times, instantly quieting the pack.

"Before we enjoy our food, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone. It has been an honor to grow up in such a strong and motivating pack. I can't believe I will have the privilege to lead this pack someday soon. An opportunity I promise not to take for granted." Lyle paused, and to my surprise, looked at me for a moment before continuing. Lyle giving a fuck about me was rare, but Lyle giving a fuck about me in his moment to shine was practically impossible.

"I want to make a special thanks to my mother, Luna, for working tirelessly to make tonight happen. And also thank my father, Alpha for..." his words felt distant in my head as another voice dominated my thoughts.

My wolf was growling. Our inner wolves rarely communicate with us unless it has to do with our mate or we are in danger. They have the ability to speak to us, but most choose not to.

My eyes scanned the area, my body tensing. I was met with red eyes glowing in the woods. Before I could even think, the rouge wolf began running through the tables, lunging right for Lyle. Without a second thought, I hopped on the table and ran across it until I intercepted the wolf right before it made contact with Lyle.

We both rolled onto the ground, fighting for dominance, me at a disadvantage being still in my human form, not like I would've shifted if I had the chance. I pinned the wolf to the ground as it still tried to snap at me. I stared into the eyes, looking for any sort of life, but death was the only thing that stared back. I snapped the wolf's neck, hearing one last whimper before I stood up.

Looking down at my hands I noticed bright red blood. At first I thought it was the rouges until I looked at my ripped suit. The rogue had scratched me in the fight. I stared blankly at the wound, feeling light headed.

"Blaze!" Alex called, rushing to me just in time to catch me as I fainted. 

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

3.8M 159K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...
65.1K 3.1K 45
Liam Forsythe was not dealt an easy hand. On the day he was born, his dad, family and their entire wolf pack were massacred by a rival. The only reas...
5.4M 166K 41
Book #1 in the 'Mine' series Meet Ben, the omega of the Red Forrest pack. This pack doesn't treat their omegas badly because their omegas, everyone...
Demon: Book 1 Από N.A. Carson

Μεταφυσικές

5.1M 258K 72
-Demon Series: Book 1- Aden Perri has problems. The last day of school his girlfriend calls it quits. And proceeds to move on a little...