The Infection: Zombies Awaken...

10deadmask01 tarafından

"It was Hell's kitchen. On the dirty checker floors, was blood. Red mush stained over almost the entire floor... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 - The beginning
Chapter 2 - The first sign
Chapter 3 - The first checkup I took alone
Chapter 4 - 4 years later
Chapter 5 - Unknown
Chapter 6 - Hidden Secrets
Chapter 7 - Daniels Journal: Escape
Chapter 8 - A Sinister look on his face
Chapter 9 - Always be brave
Chapter 10 - Risky Escape
Chapter 11 - In the Eyes of Sadness
Chapter 12 - Helping the Enemy
Chapter 13 - Prey Befriends the Predator (Part 1)
Chapter 14 - Prey befriends the Predator (Part 2)
Chapter 15 - Teaching the word: Friendship
Chapter 16 - Trusting another?
Chapter 17 - A sudden betrayal: The real foe
Chapter 18 - How friendship works
Chapter 19 - The 'sorry'
Chapter 20 - This Way
Chapter 21 - Goodbye Remember
Chapter 22 - Scarred Heart Tearing soul
Chapter 23 - Friends will always return
Chapter 24 - Responsibilities
Chapter 25 - Dangerous night
Chapter 26 - Guilt of the weak
Chapter 27 - The Chase
Chapter 28 - Goners
Chapter 29 - Saved by another...?
Chapter 30 - Believe
Chapter 31 - Acceptance
Chapter 32 - The Letter of happiness
Chapter 33 - A whole new escape
Chapter 34 - Not leaving you behind
Chapter 35 - You again...
Chapter 36 - Liar
Chapter 37 - Disguist
Chapter 39 - Captured
Chapter 40 - Tortured
Chapter 41 - Trapped, Forever
Chapter 42 - Expanding

Chapter 38 - Spared for now

5.7K 252 17
10deadmask01 tarafından

More like the sound of a clicking trigger. Professor Grant then pulls again, making the same noise as before. The pistol was empty.

Even though the gun was still pointed under Matt’s jaw, he too realized this as well.

A chuckle arose from Grant’s.

“Idiot.” He smirks, amused of Matt’s reaction. “This pistols outta ammo this time.”

Finally he releases the gun, tucking it back in his pocket. He then turns to look back at Matt. “Consider yourself lucky, boy. Cause next time, the pistol won’t be out of bullets.”

Matt says nothing. He could only nod in response, shivering but feeling safer now. Even Mr. himself, seemed more relaxed now that that was over.

I too, was feeling more calmed now. Thank god he wasn’t killed. Thank god Remember wasn’t killed as well (for now). And more importantly, the fact that we 3 still made it alive. But Rae…. Where was she?

That’s when the same question hits Professor Grant as well, as he turns to face us both and said, “Speaking of luck, I’ve noticed that your little party is one member short.”

I gulped.

“O-one member short?” I croaked.

He nods. He already knew. There was no surprise since he could’ve easily spotted her from above the air when back in the helicopter.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Matt huffs, looking away from Grant’s evil stare.

“Oh, I believe you do.” Grant comebacks, eyes narrowing to a deathly stare. “Don’t play dumb. Just a moment ago, I’ve noticed another person; A woman in fact, somewhat different from you assisting you in the ambush.”

He then tilts his glasses a bit. “She was somewhat high, with black hair and wields a sword I believe.”

It was Rae.

“R-Rae?” I found myself saying aloud, which then alerts the mad Professor.

Matt flashes me a look, which instantly mad me regret what my mouth had spat out. Oh crap.

“Rae…” He repeated, now turning that frown upside-down. “Rae Zhao. So that was here huh? It’s been so long since I’ve heard that name around here.”

And as he says this, his eyes seemed to stare towards Professor Amy instead. “Guess she too, joined FREZ as well. How disappointing.”

My eyes also turned to Professor Amy, only to see her reaction; A shock and a look of surprise.

Even her grip in me releases as well. Now using that hand to cover her mouth, I could already tell how she must feel about this. Her expression just says it all.

Grant then faces towards some of his men. “You seven, search the area until you find the woman named ‘Rae’.”

“Yes sir!” They accept firmly, not daring to object his command (Unless they wanted to go down the same path that their poor friend did).

Just then I noticed something; Rae was alive, but has fled back to FREZ, hopefully going to tell Uncle and the others where we are and what state we’re in. So that was the plan now?

Hopefully we’ll be saved by a rescue team soon enough: Unless Professor Grant’s men find her and capture her as well. Then we’re in trouble.

I clenched my fists.

“Mr. Grant sir, what about the kids?” Another soldier asks him.

His eyes then narrow at us, suspiciously. “Best not to take them back conscious, as they may try to escape. Put them under from this point on.”

“Roger that.” The man replies, and with that all eyes were aimed back to me and Matt.

My jaw drops. “P-Put us under?!”

But before I could protest, Grant had his back faced at me. Now returning to the starting helicopter, he left the remaining men to finish us off.

They then started to walk to us, surrounding us with our doom. Some even had their hands in their pockets, revealing a syringe that was ready to dose us unconscious.

I quickly glanced to Matt, who was now struggling to pry free of Mr.’s hold. As for Mr., he no longer held out a knife, but another syringe as well.

I started to panic. I had to help him.

A also discovered that I was no longer restrained; Amy had simply removed her grip on me. So I was free.

However before I could plan my attack, my whole body acts first. Without thinking, I dive headfirst, expecting to tackle Mr. to releasing Matt. And oddly enough, it works!

Matt sees this coming, and rapidly moves aside, letting me crash into Mr. headfirst like a football player. And with that Matt was released!

Before I could get up, his hand grabs mine’s and pulls me away from the injured Mr., already prepared to run for it. And with that we were running, running away from the dangerous military men and away from the vile Professor Grant too. As we ran back to the denser area (Where there were more junk and trash), our eyes searched for a hiding spot. We couldn’t run forever.

The soldiers chasing us were no more than a few meters behind us. Luckily, they couldn’t shoot at us with actual bullets since Professor Grant had specifically told them to render us unconscious (not kill us). But that didn’t mean that they ran after me and Matt carelessly. Once every so often, a dart would go flying by us, missing us in inches. The same ones that was used on Remember.

I then felt a tear roll down my check. Remember. I hope he was okay.

However, I shouldn’t be worrying about that. Right now, we definitely needed to go undercover- And fast too.

“Let’s hide here.” Matt pushes, ushering me to the left. Both of us go ducking under a pile of smashed up bedframes, making sure no one had noticed.

As we hid, that’s when I smelled something funny. Something real bad, stunk around here. Not only because we were in a junk yard (since my nose already got use to the smell of rotten foods, containers and other woods/chemicals in here), but it smelled like something had died around here. The rotten stench of human flesh filled my nose.

I then pinched my nose, gazing around to see where it was coming from. As I turned to Matt, he Is still on red-alert, attention focused on what was happening beyond our hiding spot.

“Shhh,” he hushed. “They’re coming….”

I nodded, remaining utterly silent. However, the stench was killing me. How could Matt not even notice?

Though still keeping intact, that’s when my hand touches something soft: Soft like skin, human skin.

Yet once my eyes gazed down to see what it was, it was no longer soft. It was a cold and sickly pale hand which lay there, right beneath mines. A dead hand.

I yelped however managing to cover my mouth quickly before a peep even came out of me. Matt nudges me and raises a finger between his lips. ‘Be quiet’ he was probably saying.

I nodded once more, though now shivering by the sight which lay underneath my hand.

Seeing a cardboard sheet atop of what seemed like the rest of the owner’s hand, I carefully moved it aside just to find out. And I was correct.

There really was a dead body. It was the corpse of a man, no more than his late 40’s. He was probably a sanitary engineer, who most likely worked in these filthiest parts of the land.

His face was as pale as ever, having eyes closed and mouth hanging open. Dry blood oozed out from a long scar on his neck. No, more like a bite mark; A zombie’s bite mark.

That’s when I remembered something; Wait a minute. If he really was bit by a zombie, then doesn’t that mean…

Suddenly, his eyes snaps open and was staring straight at me. And my question was answered.

He too, was now an infected being- And he was hungry.

A moan escapes from his throat as he slowly reaches towards me, along with a scream. A scream which came from me.

Unable to avoid his mental grasp, I instantly went backing up to the piles of wood behind me, though unfortunately knocking them over as well.

Now it was Matt’s turn to scream. As I turned, I could then see one of Grant’s men standing right in front of us-The whole team was there.

One of them raises a gun and points it at our direction just before shooting at us.

I yelped, quickly ducking from the bullet. But later I realized that the soldier wasn’t aiming at us. The gunfire goes flying by us and strikes the zombies skull instead.

So the good news: The undead was fully dead now.

However, the bad news: We were found.

A whimper was all that came out of me. Suddenly a shadow appears right behind us both, making us turn. At first I thought it was the ghoul again, however it was not. This time, it was another soldier.

And before I could react, he lunges forward, ready to attack me.

But instead, he gets knocked over, tackled by Matt himself.

Right after taking down the soldier, they were soon sprawled on the floor, wrestling to beat one another down-Matt was losing.

Soon enough, Matt ended up being pinned to the floor by the man’s greater strength. Having one hand to hold down Matt’s, the military fighter then raises the other to reveal a syringe, probably filled with the same sleeping antidote like the last ones being used on Remember.

At that moment I had to act- fast.

My whole body lunges forward, ready to knock out the like how I did to Mr. Yet not for long.

Suddenly I was stopped short by a harsh grab from behind. An arm goes wrapping around my neck, threatening to choke me.

I yelped, trying to kick and punch the attacker away from me, but it was no use. As his grip continues to tighten and tighten on me, I found it even harder to breathe as well.

Just before my lungs could explode, I then felt a cloth cover my mouth and nose. It started to fill my smell with an odd scent. A slight dizziness began to grow too.

That’s when I realized in horror, that this cloth wasn’t any ordinary cloth being put over half of my face. It was…

I could feel my conscious begin to slip away. I even tried to hold my breath in attempt to stop the scent from being inhaled any more. But it was too late.

As the picture of Matt and the others starts to fade, my whole body was driven to a numbness. And before you know it, everything goes black.

_________________________

Oh no, What'll happen to her and Matt now? Find out on the next chapter~! ^-^

Vote + comments are greatly appreciated!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

4.9M 275K 103
In Elemental magic you can be one of four magic types; water, fire, earth, and air. The only problem is Violet is none of these things. Is she what t...
1.8M 97.1K 74
Swallow is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon purchase. When Mildr...
17.1K 370 16
What Jaime Lannister was born a girl and Cersei (Cersen) was born the eldest son? Also, just for fun, Ser Brien of Tarth. Having killed Aerys, Jaime...
14.7K 276 38
The life of a mortician changes forever after he tries to have his way with a beautiful woman's dead body. And soon he discovers that the only person...