Yellow(HerWong)

WeedsForLauren által

Deanna Wong hated Carly Hernandez, plain and simple. Of course, who could blame her? Carly had been the one w... Több

CHAPTER-1
CHAPTER-2
CHAPTER-3
CHAPTER-4
CHAPTER-5
CHAPTER-6
CHAPTER-7
CHAPTER-8
CHAPTER-10
CHAPTER-11
CHAPTER-12
CHAPTER-13
CHAPTER-14
CHAPTER-15
CHAPTER-16
CHAPTER-17
CHAPTER-18
CHAPTER-19
CHAPTER-20
CHAPTER-21
CHAPTER-22
CHAPTER-23 (The Trial)
CHAPTER-24
CHAPTER-25
CHAPTER-26
EPILOGUE
ANNOUNCEMENT
ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT!

CHAPTER-9

323 14 4
WeedsForLauren által

"Didi!" Carly hummed happily once Deanna walked into the kitchen. She shuffled over to Deanna and held up a banana. "We missed you."

Deanna glanced back at her roommates, who were all watching their interaction from the couch. She raised an eyebrow at them, and they all turned away, knowing they'd been caught.

"Do you need me to peel that?" Deanna asked, eyeing the banana that Carly was holding up.

"No," Carly shook her head. She stared at the banana for a few moments before bringing it to her mouth and trying to bite into it. She quickly pulled the banana away and stared at it in disgust. "I broke it," she gasped.

Deanna laughed and shook her head. "You didn't break it," she took the banana out of Carly's hands and peeled it halfway, handing it back to her. "You just have to peel it first."

"My savior," Carly hummed happily, looking down at the banana and then up at Deanna. "Want some?" she tilted her head to the side and held the fruit up in Deanna's face.

Shrugging, Deanna leaned over and took a bite of the banana. Carly giggled excitedly.

"Thank you," Deanna laughed at Carly's excitement.

"Thank you," Carly repeated. She nodded once and took a bite of the banana, humming in approval.

"No, you're supposed to say you're welcome," Deanna pointed to Carly to explain. "If someone thanks you, you say 'you're welcome'."

"You're welcome, thank you," Carly nodded happily and turned around, walking over to the counter and sitting on one of the stools. Deanna giggled at Carly's attempt, leaning against the counter and glancing back in the living room. Her roommates looked away quickly, but Deanna knew they were still watching her.

"You have a pretty laugh," Carly observed. She leaned across the counter and placed her fingers on Deanna's lips, as if she could hear her laughing thought touch. "I like it when you laugh," Carly reaffirmed with a nod.

Deanna's cheeks grew red and she knew the other girls were all surprised by how easily she and Carly were getting along. "I guess I should do it more often, then," she shrugged, smirking when she saw Eya's mouth 'oh my god' to Ivy out of the corner of her eye.

"Yes, you're welcome," Carly smiled with a mouthful of her banana. Deanna giggled, which caused Carly to smile even wider.

*****

"What's for dinner?" Eya strolled into the kitchen, pretending like she hadn't just watched the entire encounter between Deanna and Carly. Deanna shrugged and started putting the groceries away.

"This is dinner," Carly announced, holding up a box of mac and cheese for Eya to see.

"Good choice, Carly," Eya laughed, holding out her fist in front of Carly. The smaller girl stared at it questioningly. "You're supposed to bump it with your fist, like this," Eya laughed, holding her fist out to Deanna, who returned the gesture.

"Oh," Carly nodded, bumping both of her fists together. Deanna and Eya laughed, and Eya shook her head.

"No, bump my fist," she explained, holding her fist out in front of Carly. Carly nodded once and held out her fist to bump Eya's. Once she did, Eya pulled her fist back and made an exploding noise with her mouth. Carly giggled excitedly and then did the same.

"Make your girl her dinner, Deans," Eya teased, tossing the box of macaroni and cheese to Deanna. Deanna just shrugged then grabbed the pot and filling it with water. She set the pot on the stove to boil.

Ivy and Riri both got up to join them in the kitchen. Carly engaged them in an animated conversation about her banana. Deanna stood back and watched, realizing the effect Carly had on people. Carly's smile was contagious.

Deanna jumped when the pot started boiling over, and she quickly turned down the heat so she could add the noodles. Stirring the boiling mixture, she set the timer on the stove. When she turned back around, Carly was right behind her, trying to look over her shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm making dinner," Deanna pointed to the box of macaroni and cheese. Carly clapped her hands together excitedly.

"Yellow," she giggled and held out her fist. Deanna rolled her eyes and bumped Carly's fist, causing the smaller girl to make an exploding noise with her mouth and turn around to look at Eya for approval.

"Look at what you've taught her," Deanna laughed, raising an eyebrow at Eya. Carly shuffled over to Riri and Ivy held up both of her fists eagerly. The other two girls laughed and bumped them, and Carly continued making exploding noises.

Deanna was enjoying this. Normally, she and her roommates spent their time in their bedrooms, or out doing their own thing. It was nice to have some down time with her friends and be able to joke around. She'd missed that. They all got so caught up in their daily lives that sometimes they forgot to check in on each other. Maybe having Carly here was good for them.

***
Once dinner was ready, Deanna scooped even amounts into five bowls and set them on the counter. Carly clapped her hands and picked the yellow bowl, as Deanna had suspected she would. The smaller girl happily followed them into the living room, where Carly assumed her usual position in the middle of the floor.

Eya, Ivy, and Riri all purposely took up all the open seats before Deanna could. Deanna glared at them, and they all smiled knowingly. Deanna knew exactly what they were up to.They took all the three seats so that Deanna will have to seat beside Carly on the floor

Sighing, Deanna sat down on the floor a few feet away from Carly and poked at her food. Carly practically finished her entire bowl before Deanna could even take a bite of her own.

"Still hungry?" Deanna asked, pointing to Carly's bowl. Carly nodded quickly, and Deanna handed the small girl her bowl. She wasn't hungry in the first place.

"You're welcome," Carly smiled, taking the bowl from Deanna. "Thank you, you're welcome," she repeated, taking a bite of the new bowl and smiling innocently. Deanna ignored Eya, who was whispering 'simp' from behind her.

Throughout dinner, Carly would itch her head occasionally. Deanna felt her phone buzz in her pocket, reading the new text in the group chat.

[6:58 - Riri]:She needs a shower.

Deanna glanced up at Carly and bit her lip.

[6:59 - Eya]:I volunteer Deanna! Yay! HAHAHAHAH! .

[6:59 - Deanna]:I am not giving her a shower!!

Deanna turned around and glared at Eya, who just stuck her tongue out at the older girl.

[7:00 - Riri]:You don't have to. All you have to do is sit in there with her so she doesn't get scared by herself.

[7:00 - Ivy]:Eya and I can take her shopping tomorrow. We don't have class and you know she's going to need regular clothes eventually.

[7:01 - Riri]:That's a good idea.3

[7:01 - Deanna]:Fine. I'll do it. But this means Eya has to cook for the rest of the week. And do my dishes.

[7:02 - Eya]:Rude.

Deanna laughed softly, turning around and sticking her tongue back out at Eya. Carly set her bowl down in front of her, catching Deanna's attention.

"All done?" Deanna asked, standing up and bringing the dirty dishes to the sink. Carly nodded, scrambling to her feet and following close behind Deanna. "You have to shower tonight, yeah?"

Carly tilted her head to the side for a moment before realizing what Deanna was talking about. "Yes," she nodded once with a soft smile. "You join me?"

Deanna nearly choked on her own saliva. She heard the other three girls laughing behind her, and ignored them. "No, silly. I'll sit in there while you shower, though," she explained. Carly just nodded and grabbed Deanna's hands.

"C'mon Didi," she hummed, pulling the dark haired girl towards the stairs. Deanna had to jog to avoid being dragged by the excited girl.

"Have fun With your shower together" Ivy called from behind them. Deanna raised her middle finger towards Ivy before they disappeared up the stairs. Her three roommates burst into laugher once Deanna was out of sight.

***

"You know how to shower, right?" Deanna asked once they were in the bathroom across the hall from her bedroom. Carly studied the room for a few moments before nodding.

"Yes. Tom taught me," Carly said casually, walking over and turning on the knob of the shower. Water squirted out of the nozzle and she held her hand underneath it. "Cold," she mumbled, turning the knob slightly and holding her hand in the water once more. "Warm," she nodded happily.

Deanna grew confused when Carly mentioned 'Tom', but she decided to ask later, considering that Carly was in a good mood and willing to take a shower.

"Alright, you get undressed and get behind the curtain, and I'll be right back, okay? I need to get you a towel and pajamas," Deanna motioned to the shower.

"Didi's shirt?" Carly asked with a shy smile. Deanna sighed and nodded.

"If that's what you want, sure," she said. "I'll be back."

"Goodnight!" Carly waved as Deanna slipped out of the room. A minute or so later, Deanna returned with a towel and clean change of clothes for the girl. Carly was already in the shower, and Deanna sat down on the toilet.

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you," Carly hummed contently, washing the soap suds out of her hair just like she had been taught to. Deanna raised an eyebrow from the other side of the shower curtain.

"Is that the only song you know?" Deanna laughed.

"It is a good song," Carly replied. She moved under the stream of water and scrubbed her face with her hands, rinsing off all the extra soap that had run down the sides of her face. Riri had given Carly her own bottle of 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner to make it easier on the girl.

"But it's repetitive," Deanna ran a hand through her hair.

"Yes," Carly nodded once. She felt her head, making sure she'd gotten all the shampoo and conditioner out before turning off the water. "I'm done, Didi."

"Alright," Deanna stood up and handed Carly the towel overtop of the shower curtain. "Your clothes are on the toilet, dry off and get changed and I'll be across the hall, okay?"

"Okay," Carly nodded once. Deanna slipped out of the room and into her bedroom. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket.

[7:32 - Eya]:Simp.

Deanna rolled her eyes and tossed her phone onto her bed. A few minutes later, she heard the bathroom door open and close, and footsteps shuffled across the hallway.

"Knock knock," Carly stood in the doorway with a sleepy smile on her face. She yawned, wiping her eyes and looking at Deanna contently.

"Who's there?" Deanna asked. Carly just shrugged and padded into the room. Deanna noticed her hair hadn't been brushed, and was tangled and swept to the side.

"Do you want me to braid your hair again?" the older girl asked, grabbing her brush from the nightstand. Carly nodded and hopped onto the bed, remembering how she had sat the last time Deanna had done her hair.

"Yes. You make me pretty," she smiled.

"You were already pretty," Deanna said softly, scooting behind the girl and beginning to brush out her wet hair.

"Like you?" Carly asked, turning around to look at Deanna. The older girl bit her lip.

"Keep your head still," she avoided the question and moved Carly's head back around so she could continue brushing her hair.

Carly didn't repeat her question, which Deanna was thankful for. The older girl eventually got all the tangles out of Carly's hair and began French braiding it down the back of her head.

"Music?" Carly asked, keeping her head forward but tilting it to the side slightly. Deanna reached for her phone but Carly grabbed her wrist to stop her before she could. "No, Didi's music."

Deanna realized Carly wanted her to sing and bit her lip. But no matter how badly she wanted to say no, she just couldn't bring herself to say no to Carly.

"Fine, but I get to sing something better than happy birthday," she joked.

"You're welcome," Carly nodded once. Deanna laughed, wondering what Carly believed Deanna had thanked her for. She slowly realized that she did have a lot to thank the smaller girl for. In reality, she owed Carly an infinite number of thank you's.

"Let's see," Deanna thought for a few moments before she began to sing.

🎶"Beautiful creatures,you and me

Every time that we touch, it's dangerous

This spark is more than chemistry

Beautiful liars, drowning deep

Every night we fight and it's hot like hell

But it feels like Heaven between the sheets

Every time we let go

I scream and I call for more

Touch me,
Why don't we kill each other slowly?

What can I say? Baby, what can I do?

The monster in me loves the monster in you

Hold me!
Squeeze a little tighter 'til we can't breathe

What can I say, baby, what can I do?

The monster in me loves the monster in you"🎶

Deanna finished Carly's braid while she sang. Once she finished the song, Carly scooted around on the bed so she was facing Deanna. The small girl reached up and pressed her fingertips against Deanna's lips.

"Pretty," Carly said softly, swaying back and forth subtly. "Didi," she cooed. She drew her hand back and kissed her fingertips before pressing them back to Deanna's cheek. The gesture made Deanna's stomach flip

Carly smiled, yawning loudly and rubbing her eyes.

"Are you ready for bed?" Deanna asked, even thought it was way earlier than the time she would usually go to bed. Carly nodded, and without another world, she crawled to her usual spot in Deanna's bed and curled tugged on the covers.

"I guess Eya's bed is a thing of the past, then," Deanna stated with an eyebrow raised.

"I like Didi's bed," Carly nodded and grabbed Deanna's hand, urging her to lie down. Giving in, Deanna lay back. As soon as she did, Carly's legs were tangled up with hers and the smaller girl was nestled up right next to Deanna's body.

"You're welcome, Didi. Goodnight, Didi," Carly sighed softly and nuzzled her head in the crook of Deanna's neck.

"Goodnight," Deanna whispered, reaching over to turn off the light next to her bed. Once the room was dark, she lay back down and pulled the covers over them. "Thank you, Carly."

****To be continued***

a/n:
Tom who ?

ps:(Monster in me by LM title nung song na kinanta ni D Kay C. skl. )

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

11.1K 909 37
This story is about this girl, she's a student from other school but then she transfer to her brother school because of personal reason. Who's the bu...
14.4K 797 17
Chae Hyungwon confessed to his highschool bestfriend Lee Minhyuk that he was a gay and he loves Minhyuk . But because of that shocking statement,Min...
16.6K 674 33
"But I'm not your-..." It was too late his lips were already on yours... After being an outcast in highschool, Yang Y/n (You) gets into the best coll...
3.9K 282 26
[COMPLETED] (UNDER REVISION) A weird game suddenly spreads all around the city that made people do anything to get what they want. Many people were m...