The babysitter

Av Wait_For_My_Shot

Percy Jackson finally gets a break. And where did she go? The most crime ridden city in the world, Gotham. S... Mer

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty-Eight

Twenty-Eight

17.5K 696 113
Av Wait_For_My_Shot

Thankfully, Dick drove me to my apartment, which I barley made it through the door before I crashed. My head was still slightly pounding when I woke up the next day. Someone was also pounding on the door which couldn't be helping.

At this point I didn't care about safety, and I ripped the door open, " What?"

Annabeth walked right in, " You'll never guess where I got a job."

" Oh, yeah sure, come on in. I haven't seen you in forever! What's that? You got a new job!?" I closed the door and went to the fridge to grab two waters, " I dunno, maybe Bob's building? I don't think they have an architect person."

" Bob's building?" Annabeth asked.

" Ya know, like Bob the builder?" I handed Annabeth the water and sat on my mattress with her.

" No, I got a entry level job at the Daily Planet. I'm interning for this guy who's wrote a lot, and I mean a lot, of Superman articles. He basically knows him." Annabeth squealed.

" I thought you wanted to be an architect?" I all but downed the bottle in one gulp.

" Well, they're are no open positions in the cities I want, plus this is getting paid. I can wait for an internship while I get paid. And I might like it." Annabeth shrugged.

" Have you showed them your work? They can't possibly pass you down if you show the what you did at our parents." I lean against the wall and closed my eyes.

" Well, it's not like I can just show them in person, and they will get suspicious if I just show them photos without them actually knowing where it is." Annabeth took a sip of her water.

" Hmh. So who are you interning?"

" Clark Kent. He's one of the best reporters."

" Hmh."

" Are you tired?" Annabeth asked.

" Yeah, and I have a headache." I fell to the side and fell on her lap.

" Poor you." Annabeth slightly mocked.

" It's 'cause Jason and Dick won't stop fighting. They were fine like two months ago. Now they won't stop fighting like cabin ten over a new makeup pallet." I groaned just thinking about it.

" When did you start your new job?"

" About two months ago. Why?" I let Annabeth readjust so she was leaning against the wall with my head in her lap.

" You really are a seaweed brain." Annabeth laughed softly.

" What? Why?" I asked. Annabeth only chuckled. I rolled my eyes, trying to push it out of my mind. Soon I fell asleep.

When I woke up, Annabeth was shifting underneath me. She slowly tried to move my head so she could get up. When I groaned, alerting her that I was awake, she plopped my head down, " Sorry, didn't mean to wake up."

" Ah, yeah, that definitely wouldn't have woken me up." I mumbled into my pillow, pulling the covers up.

" Well, when you woke up, I kinda gave up 'cause you were already awake."

" It still hurt." I whined.

" Sorry, how's your headache?"

"It's gone now." I watched as Annabeth rummaged through the cabinets, " What are you looking for?"

" Literally, anything at this point." Annabeth crossed her arms and leaned against the counter, " Why don't you have any food?"

" What time is it?" I asked, sitting up. I dodged the question, but I also needed to head to the manor even for an hour or two.

" Six thirty-seven. Why don't you have any food?"

" I'm broke. And I'm saving for college." I shrugged. I tried to avert my eyes so I wouldn't have to keep her gaze.

" Come on. We're going out for breakfast, before I go to work. My treat." Annabeth pushed herself off the counter and started to get ready.

I got up when I heard free food and changed into come nicer clothes. Since I was going to check on Tim and make sure he didn't spend his whole day on his screen. After Annie and I both got ready we called a ride on a Pegasus to the Daily Planet, which was about a forty five minutes fly. We ended up just getting bagels from a local coffee shop. Since I had an hour or so before I had to go to manor, I decided to check out Annabeth's work space.

" Wow. You work here?" I asked. I was slightly concerned about the height of the building. But besides that, the view was amazing and the office was expensive and official looking.

" You literally work in the Wayne Manor." Annabeth rolled her eyes as she took me to her desk.

" Yeah, but it doesn't have this view." I retorted.

" Annabeth! Who's your friend?" A new voice asked.

I jumped, turning around to meet a tall man. He had glasses and black curly hair. The man had kind, blue eyes. I immediately recognized him as Clark Kent, AKA Superman. I only knew he was Superman because of the boys. They would always complain that Bruce spent more time with his best friend Clark, then he did with them.

" I'm Percy, nice to meet you." I extended my hand and shook his hand.

" I'm Clark Kent."

" Yeah, I've read a few of your articles, you do a super job." I gave Clark an expecting look. Clarks eyes grew wide, then I gave my normal smirk. I probably looked insane, but it was funny. The great Superman getting scared because someone called him super.

" That's not true, you can't read for shit." Annabeth laughed, obviously trying to cut the tension.

" You can't swim for shit, either, Annie." I gave her a look before having to look away before laughing.

" Um, Annabeth, how about you start working on the Friday newspaper?" Clark kept his eyes on me. It was almost hard to look at him without thinking of the son of Jupiter.

Annabeth looked between me and Clark, giving me a look. And if looks could kill. " Sure."

After Annabeth left, Clark turned to me, " So you work for Bruce?"

" Yeah, I sometimes work in the basement with them." I explained.

You could see the relief on Clark's face, " Oh, god. I thought you just found out."

" Yeah, what you did at that party was pretty embarrassing, but no, Jason and Dick told me." I smiled at him, I didn't know who was listening.

" So, how did you find out about the parties in the basement?"

" Oh, I babysit Tim and Damian." I nodded.

" Oh, I have a little boy around Damian's age, maybe they can have a play date?" Clark asked, " Jon doesn't have many friends, so it might be nice."

" Maybe, Damian can be a bit much to handle, but over all he's really sweet. You just have to get to know him." I wanted to make sure Clark knew what he was signing his kid up for, since Damian can be a lot to handle.

" I'll talk to Bruce about it." Clark was smiling.

" Yeah, maybe I can babysit for you and Lois while you go on a date night." I gave him a smirk, pointing my eyebrow.

Clark went a bit red, " Yeah, maybe."

" Anyway, I have to go," I said after I snuck a glance at the clock.

" Oh, can I have your number, just to take you up on your babysitting deal?" Clark asked.

" Oh, yeah! Definitely." I smiled and quickly wrote my number on a sticky note, " Have a good day!"

" You, too!"

1240 words

9/15/21

So, does anyone have anything to tell me about Jon? I know he's really innocent and really sweet but that's about all I know. He doesn't have a good control of his powers but he's also like ten, so whatever.

Sorry it took so long, I just kinda wanted watch TikTok and sleep and I also delete like three hundred words and had to rewrite them because I was going to introduce Clark and Percy later but whatever. I have my first performance Friday which is kinda scary.

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

121K 3.2K 33
"Jason! Please, this isn't you! Come home, let me help you! I love you!" I cried for him "I'm sorry, Y/n. This is my time to show Gotham what I'm mad...
394K 9K 38
I quickly stood up from my chair and kicked it away. My face turning red from embarrassment. "You can do this, you can do this" I chanted to myself a...
667K 18.3K 58
Like a fish out of water, Persephone "Percy" Jackson has lost everything. Everything from her friends, her soulmate, her mother, her family, all beca...
42.9K 1K 9
Before Jason was adopted by Bruce, he lived on the streets with someone else, someone named Percy Jackson. Fast forward a few years and Jason is dead...