Retreat into Darkness

بواسطة helswrites

#1 in sword fighting #3 in darkforest #7 in weapons #12 in gory #25 in mysterious (THIS BOOK HAS MANY GRAMMA... المزيد

Don't go into the Darkness
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Welcome the Darkness
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 41

4.5K 125 20
بواسطة helswrites

Aeryn Ralhea

*Day of ambush*

"Let me go!" I yell and trash around Dominics arms.

"She'll be fine. Caspian's got her." Dominic says and tugs her away.

But Caspian isn't with her.

"No. We can leave her, let's go!" I fight in his arms trying to reach for Allaura as I see her disappear into the crowd.

"FUCKING LET ME GO!" I bellow but Dominic only tightens his hands around me.

"Aeryn, we have to go. The horsemen will kill us." It was Landon who spoke from her side.

"What about Katlynne?" I ask Dom.

"Allaura will find her. We'll find them again, okay? But right now we have to leave." He responds.

I stare at the scene in front of me. Horses drop to the ground. Blood sprays out of young adults who trained here.

Please be safe Allaura.

I clench my teeth and finally allow Dominic to pull me away.

"Where do we go?" He asks as all three of us run into the trees.

We have no horses, no water, food, weapons, clothes. Absolutely nothing.

"I don't know." I admit.

No one is allowed passed Norbalian's borders unless they have access. And we don't. We would either get kicked out, or killed.

"Landon?" Dominic asks hopeful.

"I don't know." My brother says. "Our village would be my first option but. . ." He trails off and I suck in a harsh breath.

"Okay." Dominic starts. "Let's continue forward. Anything is better here, we have to be away from the horsemen."

"Landon and I know these lands. We won't get lost." I explain.

Landons head snaps back. "Faster, we have to run, go." He urges and pushes me.

The three of us take off into a sprint and I train my ears, hearing a horse nearing us. Dominic and I only have our training weapons. They aren't strong but it's better than nothing.

The horse only gets closer and closer. I groan and stop running before turning in the direction of the horse.

"What are you doing?" Landon hisses and tugs my arm but I yank free.

"He'll continue to follow us until we kill him. Landon, you stay behind, you have no weapon. Dominic, you're with me." I command.

Landons eyes widen at my tone but he follows my orders, as well as Dominic who comes to my side and readies his staff.

"What if there's more than one?" He asks.

"Then we kill more than one man today."

He looks at me and then back towards the trees when he hears the horse getting closer.

I slightly bend my knees and get into position just in time to see the horse appear.

Good.

There's only one horse with a single man atop of it, carrying a large sword.

"Don't aim for the horse." It'll be useful for us, better than travelling on foot.

"Got it." Dominic responds and watches as the man stops the horse.

I see his lip pull into a cruel smile before he charges towards the both of us.

We both dive out of the way as the horse charges between us.

It's harder with him on the horse. He has the advantage now that he's on the higher ground.
It would be easy to kill the horse so we would have the advantage, but we need it.

I get up and turn around to see him charging straight for me with his sword.
I duck out of the blades way and it slices through my black hair.

I quickly get up and race for the back of his horse, bracing a hand on his saddle, I haul myself up and stab the man straight into the thigh. He screams out in pain, lifting up his sword to defend himself but i'm already two steps ahead. I bring the tip of my other blade into his armed arm and he drops the large sword, and leaves it scattering on the ground.

"Not so strong now, huh." I hiss and twist the blade in his leg.

He cries out and rears his head back hitting me straight in the nose.

My eyes instantly water and I cringe away from the sudden pain.
He uses my pain as a distraction to hop off the horse and run for his blade.
But Dominic is already there.

The man staggers back a step and I laugh before dismounting the horse.

Wiping the blood from my nose, Dominic and I close in on him. He has nowhere to go.

"Wanna do the honours?" I ask Dominic pointing to the shaking man.

"He's all yours mi'lady."

I grin at him and stalk towards the man.

He growls and tries to attack but i'm already there and striking. I duck under his swinging arm and stab him straight in his gut.

His out-stretched hand goes limp and he coughs up blood when looking down at him wound.
I yank my blade out and his hand automatically goes to put pressure on his abdomen.

He staggers back a step and drops to the floor, struggling to breath. I walk to his side and kneel down before him. His eyes are shut and his breaths are short.

"Why did you attack us?" I ask but his eyes stay shut.

I yank his chin and his eyes snap open to finally meet my own. "Why did you attack Indlyne."

"The que-queen wanted he-her." He struggles to get out his words.

"Who?" I demand.

"A-Allaura. The girl." He admits.

My throat goes dry and I shoot up to my feet.

"No."

"What is it?" Dominic asks nearing me.

I turn to him with fear filled eyes.

He opens his mouth to say something but i've already turned, running back to training grounds.

"AERYN!" Landon bellows but I don't stop.

I run as fast as my legs can carry me. I veer past every tree and bush, not stopping my sprint.

Twings snap under  my boots and my eyes burn from the harsh winds.

I finally near the grounds and stop short when I see absolutely nothing.

Nobody is there. Everyone is dead. Blood coats the ground and rain falls down harshly onto the dirt.

"No." I breath and run to the large building. I push open the door, "Allaura!" I yell into the rooms only for it to echo right back to me.

I shut the door and run to Alek's office. Pushing open the door, I find it completely empty and clean of any blood.

Good. That's good.

But she isn't there.

I breath out a whimper and my hands shoot up to grab my hair. "ALLAURA!" I scream into the rain, hoping she'll come out.

But she doesn't. She isn't here.

"Oh my god." My eyes burn with tears threatening to spill over.

I left her.

Dominic catches me before i'm able to fall into my knees. He hugs me to his body as I cry.

"They took her." I sob into his chest and he goes stiff.

"Took who?" He whispers.

I lift my head up from his chest and look up to him as the rain soaks us all.

"They took Allaura."

                                      £

Two days have passed and we've been travelling with the horse. We've barely have eaten, and we're all tired and cold.

We've been travelling everywhere, with no final destination.

After my. . . breakdown in Indlyne, we decided it was best to search for Allaura and cover ground, in search for any food or shelter.
But we've had no luck.

Allaura, Caspian and Katlynne are still missing. None of us have any clue where they could have gone.

But the man said that Lady Diona came to take Allaura. So she's most likely in Norbalian.

And that's how we found ourselves passing the border.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Landon asks.

"No." Dominic snorts.

"Be quiet." I hiss at the both of them. We're all travelling on foot now. We've left the horse outside of the border to keep more quiet. I've seen a few guards outside but we passed by them with no headache.

"If I have to search this whole damn city, i'll fucking do it." Dominic snarls from behind me, and I agree with him.

"Let's go." I command and go forward l, passing by some beautiful trees until we finally hear the chatter of a dozen people.

We all follow the voices and find ourselves staring at a— a city. People buy food from the market, others play around with the animals roaming the streets.

People pass us and stare at our clothes. Our dirty clothes.

"Shit." I say under my breath. We're completely exposed and stand out from the crowd. Which is what we don't want.

I look past the people and find a shop with robes hanging off a wooden rack.

Perfect.

"Follow me. And keep your head down."

I don't wait to hear their answer, I don't forward and near the rack of clothes.

I walk with my head down and already hid my blades in my pants. We near the rack of clothes and I discreetly take a royal blue rob off the rack and walk into the ocean of people.

I throw the robe over my shoulder and bring up the hood while looking behind me. I sigh in relief when I see Landon and Dominic doing the same as me.

I walk past through the crowds of people and make my way into a damp alley and wait only a second before they appear.

"What now?" Landon asks adjusting his brown robe.

"We split up and meet here when the sun sets. No later, got it?" I inform.

"Are you sure it's smart to split it?" Dominic questions.

"We'll cover more ground." Is my answer.

He hesitantly nods. "Okay, let's not waste any time." He says and turns away, walking into the crowd. I watch as his black robe disappears within the people before turning to Landon.

"You be careful, okay?" I tell him and kiss his cheek.

"I will big sis." He says kissing my own cheek and squeezes my shoulder before he follows Dominic into the crowd.

"Alright." I mumble to myself and walk further down the alley.

I walk passed doors and hear the laughter and cheering behind them. I stop at one door and decide to step inside.

The place reeks with alcohol and sweat. Tables are filled with men and women sitting on their laps. They play cards and drink glass after glass of alcohol.

I slowly step forward and see an empty seat in the corner of the room and pick up my pace before sliding into the booth and scan the room.

She could be anywhere. But we'll start searching out here, in the city—the village before sneaking into the palace and accessing their dungeons.

I shake my head and clench my teeth before looking down to the wooden table. The floor boards shake when someone nears my table and drops themselves in the seat across from me.

"If you're trying to be discreet. I suggest you don't sit in the dark corner. It kind of gives you away." A female voice says.

I ignore her but lift my head to see who she is. She has her own brown cloak and her curly hair pops out both sides. Freckles decorate her tan cheeks and her green eyes pierce through mine.

"What's your name?" She asks and calls over a waiter.

I get up to leave but her next worlds stop me dead in my tracks.

"Sit your ass down right now or i'll call in the guards and drag out your ass. I know you don't have the privilege of being here."

I clench my jaw and sit back down in my seat. The waiter comes over and the stranger orders two large beers.

"What's your name?" She asks when the waiter leaves to fetch our drinks.

I don't answer and she chuckles. "The names Josephine, but you can call me Jo." She says and drums her fingers on the table.

"What is it that you want." I calmly say.

She sighs. "I'm curious." She says. "Nobody ever crosses the border. Well nobody like you."

"Nobody like me?" I question.

"You're obviously in hiding, searching for something, or someone."

I don't answer.

"Ah. Your secrets safe with me." She chuckles and the waiter returns with our drinks. Josephine passes me a large cup filled with amber liquid and take the second one for herself before chugging is halfway.

She smacks her lips and wipes away the remaining liquid on her lips.

"That's good stuff." She chuckles and leans into the table. "Alright, here's the deal. I need a trip out of this place."

My lip curls at her useless words but she goes on.

"I'll make you a deal-"

"Absolutely not."

"Here me out." I sigh. "I'll help you find whatever or whoever you need. I know my way around here. I know every alleyway, all the nicks and cracks. I will be able to find whatever your looking for. And all I need in return, is a ticket out of this rutting place." She shudders finishing her sentence and leans back into the wooden bench.

I pursue my lips. It wouldn't hurt having the extra help, especially when she knows the city itself. . .

"Do you know your way around the palace? Is there a way to sneak in?" I ask.

Josephine grins and blows away a curly strand of hair that made its way into her eyes. "Of course I do."

I lean in and lower my voice. "If you even consider backstabbing me, my own dagger will find its way into your spine."

Josephine grins. "Do we have a deal?" She stretches out her hand for me to shake. Hesitantly, I reach out and shake her hand. "Deal." I say.

I get up and slide my cup to her. "Meet me in this alleyway at sun down. If you are not here. No deal."

She grins and nods her head. I turn and say over my shoulder to her. "The names Aeryn."

I walk away and here her chuckle before coughing on her drink.

I shake my head, walking out of the tavern and search the streets for my friend.

I'll find you. I'll find you Allaura.

                                              £

how'd you like her pov?

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING BABES!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

AISLIN | I بواسطة 𝐌ikaylah :)

الخيال (فانتازيا)

195K 8.4K 76
❝You are just a WOMAN. You can't fight in this war, you're weak. It will chew you up and spit you out, you can't keep up with us.❞ The commander scof...
303 62 45
A male teenager with a cryptic history of birth engaged in a perilous adventure with his friends. On their journey, they met a mysterious girl that...
71 1 7
A young girl had been transported into a far more chaotic world than her own after her untimely death, how did she survive and meet her allies along...
18.6K 823 19
The Life Tree has fallen. Monsters crawl from its roots and terrorise the realms they reach. In offer of protection, the Demon realm unleashed its so...