The Uprising

Bởi xxAleshaxB

In the dystopian society of Orion, the island faces a massive political war. The instability of Orion's polit... Xem Thêm

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35

CHAPTER 17

67 10 3
Bởi xxAleshaxB

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Inside the building was just as I remembered it several months ago. The only difference was that the halls were busier tonight. Maybe it's because of the storm. Whatever the cause was; I couldn't move without bumping into a doctor or nurse every three seconds. Through the crowd, I spot the familiar doctor who I had come to like.

Kayla was in a white coat. Hands stuffed in her pockets. Her light brown face toils in confusion as the nurse in a lime green uniform read something off a clipboard. She takes the clipboard from the nurse and walks toward us.

"Ready to give blood Jemi?" she queries, her eyes avoids Jordon. She hadn't quite forgiven her nephew for the whole kidnapping stunt and, to be honest, I wasn't fully over it either.

"Not really."

Kayla wanted to say something to him. It was difficult, brows raised, eyes darken-she was going to explode with anger. I plead with my eyes for her to reconsider, her face softens and with a sigh, then she says,"Fine let's go."

"Will she be okay?" Jordon questions. His gaze stays on me for five seconds long. Long enough for Kayla to notice.

"In love are we?" my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. His head snaps to Kayla and matched her burning gaze. "Oh wait I forgot, you're a part of a gang, you aren't supposed to be in love or care for anyone," she adds a fake, unflattering smile at the end of her statement.

Jordon hiss in response, avoiding what could be a potential argument. At that moment I wished the ground would open up and swallow me whole.

"Can we go?" I asked breaking the icy stare-down that was going on between them.

"It depends," she paused then shifts her eyes to meet mine. "Is he coming with us or does he have someone else who needs to be held hostage," Jordon was about to say something but Kayla purposefully cuts him off.

"Jemima let's go." I go with her without hesitation. Jordon was left there standing, his arms folded, face completely unamused.

She leads me down the hall, upstairs then to another floor, where there were fewer doctors. The lab was located at the end of the dark hallway, it could have gone unnoticed if someone didn't know it was there. Inside had the typical smell of medical supplies and disinfectant. A scent that never fails to make me nauseous.

There were varieties of test tubes along with other medical supplies. Kayla goes to the area with a seat and told me to sit. My hands were shaking, even when she reassured me that it was a simple drug test, my body still didn't believe her words.

I closed my eyes while she equips herself with gloves and a syringe. I felt the needle being inserted into my veins, it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. The familiar stinging sensation left my arm feeling numb.

"All done you can open your eyes now."

Embarrassed, I examine the spot where the needle had been. There wasn't much to see. Kayla handed me a tiny square piece of cotton and instructed me to put a little pressure on the area. While I did that she left the room with a sample of my blood.

When she returned an hour later, her face was riddled with confusion as her eyes scanned a white sheet of paper. "Is everything okay with me?" I asked in an obvious panicked tone. I fumbled with my fingers nervously at her lack of response. "Kayla?"

"It's nothing your results just look a bit familiar with something I have seen before."

"Okay so can you recreate the serum."

"Yes but even if I recreate hundreds of it how will that help, there are thousands of people on this island. There is not enough time."

"Maybe Wade will wait a few months."

"Wait Wade? As in Michael Wade oh my god is he the one who is going to release the virus?!" She shouts terrified.

"They said poison. What virus?"

"It's a virus Jemi but can we focus on Michael Wade I voted for him."

"Yes it's Wade he started the Uprising because the police killed his young niece and nephew."

She sits next to me and bury her face inherit arms. "It's horrible what happened to him but he killed hundreds including my sister."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Now I know why he joined them. He's doing it for his mother."

"No Kayla, he's doing it for you, to protect you."

Kayla places the clipboard on the table, and locks her eyes with mine. She took my hand, gripping it firmly. "I know the Three Rings aren't exactly ethical but I can't blame him anymore. At the same time I can't accept it either."

"Give it time."

"Your blood work also revealed that you have low iron and from looking at you, you're sleep deprived," She smoothly changes the subject.

She was right. The last seven months had been hell. Every time my eyes closed was another nightmare. Gunshots, explosion, Brandon, a missing Lia, Wade. The list goes on, those however have been the main things keeping me up. Now I have the image of a dead body engraved in my mind.

"Have you considered therapy?"

"Therapy?"

"Talking to a counselor," she deadpans.

"Uh, no."

"For a girl who almost died from an explosion then got kidnapped and was in the center of a gunfight. Therapy wouldn't be such a bad idea. Even I go, how do you think I cope with living with a nephew who is caught up in violence?"

Well, that explains a lot.

"Does it helps with forgiveness?"

"I sure hope so because I'm nowhere close to forgiving Jordon."

That was the first time I hear her call his name since the incident. "I wouldn't say that, it sounds like you're almost there," She gives me a simple smile, the genuine one and for the first time in a long time, I smiled too.

Jordon came into the lab, and immediately Kayla's façade went up. "What do you want?"

"Is everything okay? Is she okay?"

"Jemima is fine it's the virus you need to worry about," Kayla informs him.

"Virus?"

"Again It's not a poison and I don't think Jemima's blood is all we need. We need someone that was infected and hasn't been cured."

I didn't like where this was going. I didn't like this at all

"You need a dead body from the explosion," Jordon voices out in realization.

"And that's impossible because the explosion happened seven months ago," I add.

"There is someone, an Accounts lecturer that was exposed to the gas. He's in a coma and they are holding him at a hospital in St.Augusta," Kayla says in a suggestive tone.

"Okay, we'll go get him."

My mouth hung open in horror. Were they thinking of kidnapping this poor guy, who is in a coma? They getting condemned to an eternal fiery hell.

"You don't need to get him, just a few samples of his blood would suffice."

That wasn't too bad, it was much better than kidnapping. "I'll get Dash then tell the others. You'll have what you need by tomorrow,".

"Get Jemima home while you're at it," That was the last thing she says to him before leaving.

We are alone.

I fell out of place, and even playing with cuticles didn't help my anxiety. "Um, are you going to rescue Dash?" In a few small strides, Jordon was almost next to me.

"He doesn't need rescuing," He takes a step closer, my breath hitched and my skin burned with anticipation. His fingers lightly lifted my chin, and our eyes met. He bent down, our lips now a few inches away from touching. Waves of pleasure erupt from my body when he closes the space between us.

His hands rests on my hips, I felt weak, helpless, and trapped in the moment. I was already addicted to the taste of cherry soda mixed with Cannabis. He lifts me onto a table without breaking the kiss, my legs automatically wrapping themselves just above his waist.

"Do you want me to slow down" Instead of giving him a worded response, I pull him down by his collar. His lips crash on mines aggressively. I allowed his hands to roam over my body freely. We were so caught up in the moment, so much so that we weren't paying attention to the door being reopened.

The sound of Kayla's clipboard hitting the ground alerts us. Standing near the door are Jason, Kayla, and a familiar girl. The expression on the doctor's face was pure shock. Jason was acting like a stone as per usual and the girl is giving us a toothy grin.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

Diamonds in the Dark Bởi C. Swallow

Khoa Học Viễn Tưởng

25.4K 1.1K 45
DIAMONDS IN THE DARK ⍚ A secret baby, a secret city and a turf war between the most powerful soldiers ever created. The Zenith Alphas are coming to t...
16 0 16
A desert-town math whiz meets an ambidextrous artist, a Scorpio... in the wake of a best friend's death, two white envelopes that freak people out, a...
33.4K 2.8K 41
[COMPLETED] "Are you trying to get into my pants, Orion?" His eyes flash gold as he looks at me. "Yes." *** It's long since been told that the star...
4K 54 12
I thought being kidnapped by heartless scientists was the worst thing that could happen to me. I was wrong. Being rescued by a massive teal alien a...