Broken Beauty (WAYHAUGHT)

wrenlo által

Nicole thinks she is unlovable. Can Waverly change her mind? Nicole sent a last email to the Paris office. Sh... Több

Chapter 1 - That was then (Spring 2018)
Chapter 2 - This is now (Summer 2019)
Chapter 3 - Show me yours (2018)
Chapter 4 - Show me mine (2019)
Chapter 5 - Chocolate & chests ('18)
Chapter 6 - Do you trust me ('19)
Chapter 7 - The personal touch ('18)
Chapter 8 - Vegas at sunset ('19)
Chapter 9 - Coffee, tea, maybe ('18)
Chapter 10 - Let's talk about ('19)
Chapter 11 - Three's a crowd ('18)
Chapter 12 - Kiss me quick ('19)
Chapter 13 - Vertically, or horizontally ('18)
Chapter 14 - You say Alexa ('19)
Chapter 15 - Let's get naked ('18)
Chapter 16 - One way ticket ('19)
Chapter 17 - Who's your tribe ('18)
Chapter 18 - What's to love ('19)
Chapter 19 - Just an option ('18)
Chapter 20 - The naked truth ('19)
Chapter 21 - Cherries on top ('18)
Chapter 22 - No, or yes ('19)
Chapter 24 - Lost my heart ('19)
Chapter 25 - Journey to nowhere ('18)
Chapter 26 - Journey to forever ('19)

Chapter 23 - With this ring ('18)

135 9 0
wrenlo által

Waverly could feel herself shivering. The night air had a sharp bite to it, piercing her clothing as she stood listening to the bands perform, tiredness and a little too much alcohol all contributing. Beyond all the physical reasons, her own body was reacting to the words Nicole was saying.

She buried her head in Nicole's shoulder, knowing what she was being told changed their relationship. Made it into something. More than simply being about sex, without commitment of any kind. A meeting of their bodies, never their souls. Now Nicole was bearing her soul to her, in the middle of a muddy field, at night, with all the noise and craziness surrounding her revelation. Her awakening to love.

Nicole moved Waverly's body away from her. "Waves. I see you. I do. You're the first person I've ever seen like this. You're incredible. Truly incredible."

Waverly wanted to dismiss the moment, make light of it, terrified of the true meaning Nicole's words carried. She felt hands grip ever more tightly round her shoulders, wanting space, wanting time to process without the haze of alcohol fogging her mind. Without the rawness of those words hitting her heart for the first time.

She pushed herself away, turning, not looking back, making her way through the crowd. She knew Nicole was following. She could feel her, feel the movement behind her own body. She simply needed a moment to collect herself. A hand reached out, pulling on her. Nicole's. She allowed it to be there, her new role acting as a guide to where they would go. The crowd thinned, the pair joined by hands moving towards a space free of others, Waverly walking them back to their yurt, in silence, hoping it would be quieter to talk.

Finding their tent, Waverly dragged Nicole inside, making sure the entrance was closed, the need to say anything more passing, pulling Nicole into the kiss that would seal their lives. Together. She wanted this. She wanted a life with Nicole, wherever that took her, whatever that entailed. Even while she knew this girl was trouble, even while she knew she could disappear when it suited her, leaving her hanging. All those details no longer mattered because Nicole loved her.

She felt Nicole's body move into hers, the two of them dancing towards the bed, ready to be together. She hoped the others would be slow in returning to their tents nearby, allowing them their own time to explore their newly realised intimacy, to do what they were desperate to do with each other.

The music stopped shortly after midnight. The lovers were already asleep in each other's arm by then, oblivious to the noise of their returning party. That is until Wynonna rocked up. She was the most vocal, demanding she check Waverly was in her tent, Chrissy advising she might be, given Nicole was missing too, Wynonna adamant she needed to see her little sister.

"Waves. Waves. You in there. You decent."

"Shush," Chrissy said. "You'll wake everyone up."

"Waves. I'm going to say goodnight. I'm in my tent if you need me. Where is my tent?"

"Wynonna," Chrissy begged. "You're with me. This way."

"I need to see Waves. Waves, can I come in?"

Waverly stirred, half listening to the commotion outside, wondering if it was a dream. It all felt like a dream. She had everything she wanted, right there, in her arms. Snuggled into her body. The world was perfect. Well, almost perfect, her sister's persistence in making sure she was alright the only irritation in an otherwise perfect moment. "Wyn, go to bed, it's late," she called out. "And, drink plenty of water. Love you."

"Waves, I love you too. I'm going to bed now. Chrissy, stop pulling me. Is there booze in our tent?"

The campsite was quiet for most of the morning. Very few early risers after a hard night of partying. Nicole was snoring, her body half covered by the duvet and throws, Waverly wondering why she hadn't frozen to death. She bundled herself up in all the available bedding, shivering, needing warmth, her body not comfortable with being this cold. Her feet found Nicole's calves, placing them on her, waking Nicole immediately.

"Fuck. Cold. Cold. Cold. Is that you?"

"Sorry. I'm freezing. Hate this part of camping. I should have brought a hot water bottle with me."

"A what now?" Nicole asked, turning over, pulling Waverly into her body.

"Something to keep me warm," Waverly replied, her body desperate for any warmth it could find.

"You're looking at it. Let me know what parts you want warmed up. I've got a few in mind."

"Shush. Someone might hear. So, Nicole Haught, about last night."

"So, Waverly Earp. What about last night?"

Waverly felt Nicole's warmth, her right leg now locked over Nicole's hip, gazing into those chocolate-brown eyes. "So, about last night."

Nicole knew what she meant. "Do you Waverly Earp promise to fuck me forever?"

Waverly giggled. "No."

"What? Okay. Do you Waverly Earp promise to kiss me forever?"

"Maybe."

Nicole pushed herself up, bringing Waverly with her who was now straddling her body. "Hmmm. Waverly Earp, do you promise not to consider any other human being as being even remotely as attractive as I am. And, therefore exclusively belonging to one Nicole Haught?"

Waverly pretended to consider the offer. "So if a good-looking alien happened to walk by. I could..."

"You most certainly could not," Nicole replied. "We're talking Universal exclusivity rights here."

"Universe. That's quite a big area to cover."

"So. Waverly Earp, what's it to be? Me, or an alien."

"I'll go with alien, please."

It was Nicole's turn to pretend, feigning a shocked look on her face. Waverly laughed, Nicole's attempt at acting being more humorous than honest. "Okay. You. I choose you. Only you."

"Thank you. For a moment I thought I would be in competition with E.T." She proceeded to mimic his phoning home, sending Waverly into a fit of giggles. Her index finger moved to her lips. "Ouch."

Waverly stopped giggling, tears welling, her love for Nicole overwhelming her. "Oh Nicole, I see you too. I see your beauty, not just on the outside, but inside too. I love you, I love you."

"Alright, alright, we know." Wynonna's voice breaking the perfect moment. "Will you two please keep the noise down. I'm dying over here."

A leisurely stroll round the festival stalls, coffees and bagels purchased at one of the vans serving breakfast, they sat in silence enjoying each other's company. Waverly took her time, the warmth of her cup thawing out her hands, wearing one of Nicole's jumpers over her own. She could smell her, smell the mix of perfume and person, never wanting to take it off. Nicole had a mischievous grin on her face, contemplating something. She had spotted a stall further back selling unusual pieces of jewellery made from antique cutlery. Only the briefest of glances, there was a delicate ring made from a teaspoon, the design perfect for Waverly's hand.

She waited for Waverly to finish, the grin still as large on her face, Waverly wondering where they were going. Stopping at the stall, the ring was still there, Nicole picking it up, looking at it carefully. "What do you think?"

"It's lovely," Waverly replied. "So, unusual. Such a pretty design."

"Try it on. See if it fits."

"Me? I thought you liked it."

"It's to mark this occasion. I'll get you a proper ring, but I want something to remind us of here."

"No, I like this one. I don't need another ring."

"Fine. If that's what you really want."

Waverly placed it on the ring finger of her right hand, turning it to study the curl of the metal enveloping her finger. She smiled, nodding in approval, Nicole purchasing the ring. "Do you want one?" Waverly asked, studying the case. "There's a similar one, look."

"I'm not much of a ring wearer. I'll get one if you want me to."

"It would be nice if we both have one. Try it on. For me."

Nicole tried on the ring. It looked equally perfect on her right hand, not wanting to admit to Waverly she would have preferred her to have placed it on her other hand. And yet, she knew she hadn't asked that question, held back from fully committing to the one person she had allowed herself to love.

Members of their group were surfacing as they returned to the campsite. Wynonna was nowhere to be seen, Chrissy explaining she'd carried on drinking in their tent. Waverly thought it best to leave her sister sleep off the good night she'd had, Chrissy saying she would look after her, make sure she got home safely. Waverly pulled her to one side, walking a little way from Nicole and the other tents, desperate to tell someone. "Nicole bought me this," her hand out. "Says she finally sees me."

"About fucking time. Nice ring. Suits you. And, everything's okay between you and her?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean. This is what you want. Personally, I would have held out for a big fuck off diamond."

"Oh no. This isn't. I think it's just. It's just a keepsake to remember here."

"Right. Are you sure? Only, the look on Nicole's face kind of suggests she thinks this might be something more than just a ring."

Waverly looked at Nicole, who was fiddling with her own ring, then back at the one she was wearing. "You don't think she meant..."

"Waves, you were there. Did she ask you?"

"No. Definitely didn't get the big question. Fuck, what if she thinks we are?"

"Would you, if she asked?"

"Yes. But, she didn't ask. She said she's getting me a better ring. Oh fuck, maybe she did mean it and I've messed everything up."

"Firstly, breathe," Chrissy instructed. "If she didn't actually ask you, then I think you're safe. Secondly, you might want to, oh, you know, casually check she wasn't perhaps asking you, without asking you."

"I can't. Seriously, how can I ask if she meant it as the ring?"

"It's kind of important to know, don't you think."

"Right. Yes, you're right. I need to ask her. Fuck, what if it's not?"

"Then, it's not and you can carry on wearing it on that hand."

Waverly looked over again at Nicole, who was now staring back, beginning to realise they were talking about her. Waverly smiled, a nervous smile, confirming she was definitely talking about her. As she approached, she could see Nicole had removed her own ring, waiting for Waverly to speak.

"About this ring," she began. "It's just a ring, right?"

"Sure. Just a ring."

"Only, you weren't thinking it was anything more than just a ring."

Nicole lowered her eyes, fumbling in her pocket, retrieving the ring Waverly purchased for her, placing it on her right hand again. "Just a ring. For now."

"Thank fuck for that. For a moment I thought you were asking me to marry you."

Nicole smiled. She had. She had fully intended to get down on one knee and propose, the effects of professing her love to Waverly the night before still coursing through her body. She realised the moment Waverly put the ring on her other hand, the moment was lost. She could feel Waverly's arms round her, hugging her close, her own body trying to reciprocate, her muscle's becoming tense.

Chrissy was watching, studying Nicole's face, seeing how little emotion was being expressed. Her own face carried a look of concern, worried for her dear friend, unsure of Nicole's true intentions. As her eyes remained on Nicole, she could see the glare, the anger rising, determined to continue her conversation with Waverly in private when she would ask her if she was doing the right thing. Something bothered her about Nicole, something was off, and she didn't want to see her friend hurt.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

3.1K 144 1
A dance through time - past and present moments, and a look at the relationship of two girls, a trip to Barcelona, and promises made throughout their...
24.9K 599 32
10 years later and luckily a gentle breeze seemed to have soothed all the scars. Wynonna and Doc lived together with Alice. Nicole and Waverly were r...
51.2K 1.3K 27
I don't just write Fan Fiction!! I wrote this story back in 2016. It was my first attempt at an original story. Despite the lack of editing, I am pro...
431K 7K 32
****************************** "You know what turns me on?" Nicole whispers to Waverly. "Ughh.. I dont know.. Vodka?" Waverly says trying to do sarca...