Shapes in My Palm

Autorstwa Linnea563

Kai, a warrior from the kingdom of Rathen, is assigned to assist Princess Lillian to a secluded castle in Nor... Więcej

Authors note :)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 20

41 0 1
Autorstwa Linnea563

When Kai and Lillian awoke the next morning, they were welcomed by another sheet of rain pelting onto their window. The pillows were light and puffy and Kai was wrapped up by Lillian. Kai relaxed and took a few breaths as she enjoyed the feeling. Lillian began to shift as well and Kai was able to flip over so that she was looking at Lillian. She smiled and Kai slowly brushed the short blonde curls out of her eyes. Lillian gave a smile of gratitude and shifted a little.

"It's raining," Lillian sighed, her voice was low and raspy. Her eyes fluttered shut for a moment before they opened up again.

Kai laughed and replied with a low voice, "Yeah, I wanna go look really quick, see heavy and severe it is."

Lillian rolled onto her back and let out a deep sigh, "No stay in bed with me."

Kai laughed again and leaned on the top of her and gave her a quick kiss. When she pulled back she whispered, "I am not leaving forever don't worry, I will be right back."

Lillian smiled and replied with another kiss and said, "Okay."

"Okay," Kai smiled. Lillian reluctantly let her go from her grasp and Kai scooted herself out of the warm bed She hopped off and pulled on her cloak and shoes. She was instantly hit by the harsh cold of their room but continued towards the door nonetheless. The doorknob twisted opened and headed into the empty hallway. No one was there and the whole room was silent, except for the light pitter-patter of rain. She raced down the stairs and into the lobby. Behind the desk was the woman with brown hair, she was writing in her book and Kai was able to slide by with just a small smile.

She reached the door and slowly opened it up, and stepped outside. The wind was blowing and rain was pouring down. It was heavy and the grey sky showed it wasn't ending anytime soon. Kai got cold quickly and hurried back inside. She hurried past the desk in the lobby and up the stairs. She reached their room and hurried inside, quickly throwing off her shoes and cloak and she ran and fell on the bed.

Lillian laughed and rubbed her back, "Cold?" She asked.

"Yes," Kai mumbled into the comforter. She took a deep breath and then flipped onto her back, and stared at the ceiling. Lillian leaned down and gave her a quick kiss. Kai smiled and pulled Lillian against her chest.

"Good morning, Lilith." Kai sighed, as she looked down and Lillian. She didn't know why she added the nickname but she loved it. And by the look on Lillian's face, she did too.

Lillian smiled and a small blush grew on her face. She grabbed Kai's cheeks with her hands and said in a morning voice, "Lilith huh?" She kissed Kai and her smile grew. "I like it."

"I'm glad," Kai replied, she took a seat on the bed, which she knew was a mistake. Lillian leaned in and their lips pressed together again.

After a few minutes, Kai pulled back and smiled.

* * *

"Okay, so it is going to be raining all day," Kai started as she sat up from the bed, "And it is gonna be like hard rain, so we are going to have an inside day." Kai stood up and walked over to the sink, and she brushed her teeth.

Lillian crawled over to the sink as well and wrapped her arms around Kai's shoulder and waist. "Well, I for one don't mind having a day inside." Lillian smiled and rested her head on Kai's shoulder.

"Me neither," Kai agreed and finished her morning routine. Then she turned around and pulled Lillian back towards the bed. They laid down and Kai relaxed.

Lillian flipped to her side and Kai playfully rolled her eyes. "Are you really about to sleep?" Kai laughed.

Lillian laughed and responded by saying, "Yes, yes I am."

Kia burst out laughing and rolled over into her side facing the wall. "No matter how much sleep you got, you are always tired."

"Whatever," Lillian responded, she playfully rolled her eyes and continued to laugh. "Well, I am going to sleep, so goodnight."

"I have never met anyone who sleeps as much as you, even my sister when she was a baby," Kai exclaimed, she laughed again and rang her fingers along Lillian's arm. Lillian closed her eyes and tried not to laugh.

"Goodnight," Lillian laughed.

"Uh, Lillian?" Kai asked.

"Yes?"

"It's seven in the morning, so it's not the nighttime." She explained.

"I know, but I also don't care," Lillian replied with a smile. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Kai smiled. She scooched over to Lillian's and wrapped her arms around her waist. Kai wasn't tired but for the sake of Lillian, she stayed quiet and closed her eyes.

* * *

"Come on," Lillian whined as she attempted to pull Kai up from the bed. They had woken up from their hour nap and now they were both filled with energy and no way to get rid of it. Lillian was trying to persuade Kai to dance with her in their room. They had not danced since the ball, and she didn't do very well the last time. Kai had no interest in trying again and would rather save herself from embarrassment.

"I can't dance," Kai explained, she laughed and flobbed back onto the bed.

"Who cares, no one is watching," Lillian noted, she pulled on Kai's hand a little harder and tried not to laugh at her willingness.

Obviously, her barrier didn't stay up too long, it was very hard to say no to Lillian, especially when Lillian leaned forward and whispered her request before kissing Kai. Her cheeks turned red and slowly she crumbled. Finally, Kai gave in.

"Okay, fine," she sighed and she let herself be pulled by Lillian to the middle of the room. "But if your feet go numb then it is not my fault," Kai laughed.

Lillian ran over to her dresser and put on vinyl on the record player. It played a song similar to the one heard at the ball, and Lillian seemed to recognize it immediately. She hurried back over to Kai and grabbed her hand. Lillian moved Kai's hand to her waist and Lillian placed her hand on Kai's shoulder. Usually, Kai's body would go tense with the thought of anyone touching her shoulders, where her scars were, but Lillian was different. She had been patient and careful and by then it almost didn't matter. Kai felt comfortable with Lillian, but that had been established.

Lillian led Kai around the room and made sure they were on the beat. They had both learned early on that Kai had no rhythm or musicality, so dancing did not come easy to her. But Lillian made it easier, she was patient and wouldn't make a big face when Kai stepped on her toes. And every time she made a mistake, Lillian would correct her in a kind voice that didn't make Kai feel bad. Kai had to admit when she got the hang of it, dancing was quite fun and it was even more fun when she was doing it with Lillian.

After an hour or so of practicing, Kai had an idea. She let the record finish and then abruptly pulled them out of the room.

"Where are we going," Lillian laughed as she allowed herself to be pulled through the bedroom door and down the hallway.

"You will find out soon," Kai smiled as she hurried down the hallway.

They reached the lobby and slowed down a bit as they walked past the front desk. She reached the door to the street, and Kai took a pause. She turned towards Lillian with a mischievous smile. Lillian's face showed confusion, until it hit her.

"You want us to go outside," Lillian questioned with a laugh. "You do realize it's downpouring."

"Who cares," Kai responded, her smile grew a little.

"If I remember correctly, last time you were outside you hurried back in and then complained for ten minutes of how cold it was." Lillia laughed, hand on her hips.

Kai rolled her eyes and grabbed her hand and before Lillian could prepare, she was being pulled into the rain.

The moment the rain hit their face, Kai knew this was a smart idea. She grabbed Lillian's waist and pulled her close. Their warm breath kept them warm amongst the cold downpour. They began the steps they had practiced only moments earlier, and Kai had to admit she was getting better. Their moves were as in sync as their heartbeats and they flowed smoothly together.

They locked eyes and Kai decided that Lillian's eyes were definitely the most attractive feature about her. They were the kind of green that speaks to the soul of nature, of fresh wads of grass and new buds, and her eyes were a bright color, bold and beautiful. Kai could admire them for hours. But alas, Lillian shut her eyelids and the green disappeared. Kai followed suit and they leaned their foreheads together.

They danced and danced. Kai twirled Lillian under the blanket of rain pouring on them, and took an opportunity to dip her, pressing her lips to Lillian's for only a quick moment. Not caring how drenched they got from the pelting rain or who was watching them from their homes. The only thing that mattered was them at that moment. They had moved their hands a few times and they were now located around Lillian's waist and Kai's shoulders. The energy was being drained and they switched to simpler moves and positions. They had been swaying back and forth for a few minutes when Kai felt Lillian shiver.

"Are you cold? Should we go inside?" Kai asked, her voice filled with concern.

"I think that would be a smart idea," Lillian laughed in response. "You are so cute when you are worried."

Kai blushed and had to admit their clothes were definitely soaked, even she was getting colder. She wrapped her hand around Lillian's and led her inside. They walked through the lobby and up the stairs, down the hallways until they were at the door to their bedroom.

"You should take a warm shower and I will be right back with a surprise," Kai smiled and gave Lillian a gentle kiss.

Lillian smiled and whispered, "You are a woman of many surprises, Kai."

"I know," Kai replied with a sly smile and she slowly backed up and left Lillian at the door.

After Lillian's warm shower, Kai arrived with two mugs of hot chocolate. She set them on a small table in their room and waited for Lillian to exit the bathroom. Kai took a seat on the newly made bed and sat waiting. Soon after Lillian, a towel wrapped in her hair and new clothes on her body walked out and her eyes set on the hot chocolate.

"Omg Kai! You are so amazing, first the dance in the rain and now this, wow!" Lillian gushed as she walked closer to the bed and kissed Kai.

"Hahaha, I want to make this day amazing," Kai replied with a shrug, "Now take a seat and let's a warm-up."

"Okay," Lillian smiled and quickly jumped onto the bed and grabbed her hot chocolate.

They curled up into bed admiring each other and laid in peace. The room was silent except for the sips and breaths coming from the two women. They could still hear the rain outside, and Lillian's eyes were fluttering shut. Kai grabbed her book in her bag and turned to a page she had yet to read. She wrapped her arm around Lillian and began to read.

Lillian smiled and put her empty mug on the side table. She snuggled into Kai and closed her eyes, letting her imagination take over. Kai continued to read as Lillian drifted to sleep. Kai loved these small moments, they brought her so much joy and she never wanted this feeling to end.

"Always sleepy, Lilith," Kai laughed, her voice no louder than a whisper. She leaned forward and kissed Lillian on the forehead. She took a pause and then continued to read.

After a half-hour or so, Lillian was out cold and her own eyes were becoming heavy. She set her book down and laid down next to Lillian. She shut her eyes and allowed herself to drift asleep.

* * *

"Can I do your makeup?" Lillian asked eagerly. They had woken up minutes earlier and were still mulling around in bed. Kai moved her head instantly at the question and gave Lillian a confused look.

"What?" Kai laughed in response. She dropped her head onto her pillow and laughed in confusion.

Lillian smiled and said, "I want to do your makeup."

"I have never worn makeup before," Kai responded, she moved her eyes to look at Lillian and her eager face.

"Perfect, I can be your first time."

Kia sighed and whispered, "Okay, fine you can do my makeup."

"Yay!" Lillian exclaimed. She hurried out of Kai's arms and out of bed. Kai whined from the feeling of her gone, and Lillian laughed.

She ran to her bag and dug through it for a few seconds. She then pulled out a smaller blue bag. Lillian practically jumped onto the bed and began pulling out tubes and pallets of things Kai couldn't identify. She seemed so excited and happy, which made everything instantly worth it. Lillian continued to take objects out and Kai could swear she saw the wheels turning in her head.

After a few more minutes of Lillian planning and Kai admiring, Lillian looked up and exclaimed, "I think we are ready!"

Kai smiled and sighed, "Take it away."

She reached for a small palette of four pink squares. According to Lillian, they were all different shades of pink, but Kai thought they looked the same. She dipped a fluffy brush into one of the shades and brought it up to Kai's cheek.

"This is blush," Lillian commented as the brush made contact with Kai's skin. The brush felt tickly on Kai's skin and a laugh escaped her mouth. "Is it ticklish?" Lillian asked.

Kai nodded in response, trying to not laugh again. Lillian smiled and finished the blush. She leaned back and grabbed another small palette. This time it was full of gold and silver shades. She grabbed a smaller brush and dipped it into one of the shades. She placed it on top of the blush and swept it upwards. Kai wanted to say something, anything but the feeling was too relaxing and she submitted into silence.

"You know, you don't even need makeup," Lillian gushed, as she continued on Kai's cheeks.

"Why thank you," Kai smiled in response "You don't either, although the makeup you were wearing during the ball was absolutely gorgeous." She gushed. Kai wanted to kiss her so badly but she was busy, so she decided to just watch her be happy.

No one said anything, and the sound of rain filled the room. Kai continued to watch Lillian and she continued on Kai's face. After a few more seconds and sweeps on the face, Lillian stood up from the bed. She looked at Kai as if deciding what she should change. Kai shot her a funky smile in response and Lillian began to laugh.

"Okay, get on the floor," Lillian nicely commanded.

Kai laughed, "What?"

Lillian smiled and explained, "I am going to work on your eyes now and it works best if you are lying down."

"Okay," Kai concluded.

She got off the bed and laid down against the carpeted floor. Lillian stood over her and then lowered herself onto her knees. She lifted one knee over Kai's body and straddled Kai's hips. Kai's breath hitched and her cheeks turned deep pink. Lillian looked into her eyes, and a smile appeared on her face. She grabbed a larger palette with a wide variety of colors and leaned forward. Kai finally broke the eye contact as she fluttered her eyes closed. She felt the brush make contact with her eyelids and she flinched. It felt soothing, and the feeling of the brush against her eyelids was soon a calming and welcome feeling.

No one spoke until Lillian finished the eye makeup and applied a black marker-looking thing on Kai's eyelids. Kai tried not to flinch because she trusted Lillian but the marker was a little closer than she was comfortable with. She was still straddling Kai and reclined away from her face for a moment to check her work. She then leaned back in to fix up her mess. Once she finished both, she applied another black tube of paste onto Kai's eyelashes. Lillian leaned back and Kai propped herself on her elbows.

"Okay, the last thing," Lillian reassured as she dug through her bag for the last time. Kai didn't respond, she just smiled and continued to admire Lillian. When Lillian turned back towards Kai and saw the look on her face, she laughed. Kai rolled her eyes and Lillian in towards Kai's lips. She pulled out a tube of red paste and laid it on top of Kai's lips. She rubbed it back and forth until the color stuck and her lips were a shade of red. Lillian rubbed her finger under Kai's bottom lip.

She leaned forward closer until their lips brushed against each other's and she placed her hands on Kai's hips and the floor underneath her. Lillian whispered, "Wanna be my girlfriend?"

Kai's breath stopped and her heartbeat out of her chest. Her cheeks went pink and a smile grew. This had come out of nowhere and Kai had no idea what to say. Before she could think she gushed, "Yes."

Lillian's smile grew even wider and she leaned forward a little more and their lips pressed into each other. Kai leaned back onto the floor and ran her fingers into Lillian's hair. Lillian followed Kai's decline and placed her hands on either side of Kai's body.

Kai's mind was running a hundred miles an hour, all she could think about was Lillian and how lucky Kai was at that moment. She didn't think about anything else other than kissing Lillian and being in the moment.

The two of them continued to kiss each other, full of passion and attraction until there was a knock at the door. Lillian instantly sat up and swung her leg over so that she could stand up. Kai laid on her back again and watched Lillian as she ran to the door. She stopped at the mirror and wiped off the smeared lipstick on her lips. She quickly ran to the door and opened it.

"Hello?" She queried. 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.6M 71.5K 28
All Prince Edward wanted was friends that didn't obey his every command, his parents, (the king and queen) to notice him, and to be his own man, (or...
70 17 18
**As some may know I did write this book a while ago, but it needed to be fixed and rewritten so here it is! Also I may have changed some names sorry...
1.4K 140 27
When Ell gets taken in by her cruel uncle after her parents die, and is left with a debt to pay off at the young age of eighteen, she begins to feel...
1.1K 135 26
In a shocking twist of fate, the unprepared Princess Vivienne of the Azalea Kingdom is suddenly forced onto the throne and shoved into the midst of a...