Some Say (Jean Kirstein X Rea...

Av allyrivaille

Jean and (y/n) have been friends since training but after Marco's death, they're drawn even closer to one ano... Mer

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four

Chapter Twenty Nine

2.9K 96 167
Av allyrivaille

Just as Levi starts to help my son and I, another flash of light engulfs the area. Reiner is standing face to face with Eren. My blood runs cold. Levi grabs onto us tightly.

"We need to get you out of here now." He says.

"What about Eren?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "He's the least of my concerns right now."

I hold up a finger. "One last thing," I say as I rip the band off my arm, tossing it to the ground. "Let's get out of here."

Levi pulls me from the ground, I watch as Eren takes down Reiner easily. I look down at the armoured titan, there is defeat in his eyes. In the last couple of years, I've noticed that about him. He has no drive, no passion anymore.

Levi helps me inside the airship that is floating over the city before heading back down to the ground. A familiar face greets me once I get inside. The smallest of smiles forms on his face before he embraces both my son and me tightly. Tears start forming in the corners of my eyes.

"Armin," I whisper. "I've missed you. I missed everyone."

He pulls back. "We've all missed you so much as well. I don't think a day has gone past when we haven't thought about you." He looks down at the small child in my arms. "Looks like a lot has changed for you."

My son starts to stir in my arms, his eyes fluttering open. I brush the hair back from his face. "A lot has changed," I answer quietly.

Hanji emerges from a door. She freezes when our eyes lock. I don't even get the chance to say anything as she tightly embraces me. I manage to wrap my free arm around her. More tears roll down my cheeks. Armin takes my son which allows me to properly embrace Hanji.

She pulls back but keeps a strong grip on my shoulders. She scans over my face. "I can't believe you're here, standing in front of me."

"I can't believe this either." I choke back the tears.

"Mummy, where are we? Where's uncle Zeke?" My son asks.

Hanji's attention turns to my son in Armin's arms. A smile graces her face. "Is he yours?"

I nod as I take him back in my arms. He looks between Armin and Hanji with wide eyes, a little unsure of these strange people.

"We are safe." But I know down below Zeke was killed by Levi. Something I would have to explain to him one day but not right now. "This is mummy's family. The ones I've told you all about."

Armin helps Eren and Mikasa back into the airship. Hanji crosses her arms as she looks at Eren with disappointment. I guess a lot has happened since I was taken away. They don't seem to have the same relationship they did when I left.

Armin turns his attention away from them. "Jean should be back on board now."

I can't stop the tears now. "He's still alive?" I say. "Can I see him?"

He places his hand on my shoulder. "Along with Connie and Sasha as well. I'm sure they will be glad to see you."

We walk through some doors, finally entering a large room filled with people. Armin pushes me forward but does not follow. I squeeze in between people who are cheering. I find a clearing through the bodies and standing before us is Connie, Sasha, and Jean. All of our eyes lock and happiness engulfs me. Connie and Sasha waste no time in grabbing me and nearly squeezing the life out of me. Everyone in the room watches us.

"You're actually alive." Sasha laughs with tears brimming her eyes. "We saw your titan but we weren't sure if it was actually you."

"We thought we'd never see you again," Connie says. "There had been mention that you were living in Marley but that was it."

"I wouldn't say I've really been living. More like a trapped animal. They hate Eldian's but they hate the Eldian devils from the island even more."

We all pull back from one another but they keep their hands on my shoulders like I would be taken away from them again. My son tries to grab onto Sasha's hand. She giggles as she lets him take her hand.

"Did you steal this?" Sasha says.

I laugh and shake my head. "No, I didn't steal him. He's mine."

Jean clears his throat as he moves a little closer, his eyes move between the child and me.

"So, it's good to see you again (y/n). You look well." He says.

Sasha and Connie groan out loud, my son quickly mimics them.

"Really, Jean? After all this time of not seeing the love of your life, that's all you can say." Connie says placing a hand on his hip. "You look well." Connie mocks him.

My son reacts to Jean's name being said. He looks at the man standing before him and then looks back up at me. A small smile grows on my lips.

"We had to listen to you every day say how the moment you saw her again, you wouldn't let go of her." Sasha grills him. "Along with a couple of other things you mentioned while drunk but cannot be discussed in front of the child."

He awkwardly scratches the back of his head and a slight blush comes to his cheeks. "I just didn't expect...him," Jean admits motioning to our son. "It has been four years so it's understandable that you moved on."

I look between Sasha and Connie and they both have the same look on their faces. They are staring at Jean like he is the biggest idiot out there and I mean they aren't wrong right now.

"Are you kidding?" Connie asks.

Jean looks taken aback and he flushes even more. "She has a child, of course, she has moved on. How else can you explain him?"

Sasha hits him over the back of the head, earning a giggle from our son who reaches out for Jean. "It's so sad that you're not kidding."

"That hurt." Jean mumbles, pouting a little.

I sit my son on my hip, freeing an arm to point at Jean. "That man there is Jean Kirstein," I say.

"Daddy!" The boy squeaks, trying to wriggle free from me to get to Jean.

His eyes grow wide as I step closer to him. Our son latches onto him, gripping onto his uniform tightly. Jean takes him into his arms, staring down at him in wonder.

I place my hand on Jean's arm and his eyes move over to me. "You're his dad, you big idiot."

A tear runs down his cheek. "What's his name?"

"My name is Marco." Our son chimes.

Jean bursts out in tears, embracing Marco close to him. Sasha loops an arm around my shoulder and I rest my head against her. Connie pats Jean on the back with a huge smile on his face.

"Congratulations on becoming a father," Connie says.

"Marco, meet your uncle Connie and aunty Sasha," Jean says, turning him to face them both. "They are both bad influences."

Marco reaches out for Sasha who takes him in a heartbeat. Connie is by her side, pulling faces at the toddler. His laughter rings through the room, earning a couple of side looks from other scouts.

Jean grabs my arm and pulls me into his chest. I look up at him, he's gotten so tall. He's really become a man in the last four years, he's not that awkward looking teenager anymore. My hand slips up to his cheek, cupping it.

"The facial hair suits you," I whisper.

His hand comes to rest on my waist. "I knew you'd like it. I've missed you so much, I thought I'd never see you again and it killed me."

A tear catches my fingers, I gently wipe it away. "I'm back with you now and I don't plan on ever leaving you."

"Good." He leans down and kisses me.

My hand moves away from his cheek to wrap around his neck. Loud cheers erupt from the group around us. I feel Jean's lips pull into a smile, he moves back a little.

"Just like old times." He laughs.

"Could never get a moment of peace," I answer.

He moves back in and I thread my fingers through his hair. I've longed for this for four years. To be back in his arms, to be held close, knowing that I'm safe.

A sudden tug on my arm pulls me back to reality and away from Jean's lips. Our son looks between us with narrowed eyes as though he's trying to understand what's going on.

"That's the same look you used to give me." Jean comments.

"What do you expect? He's been living with me and my bad attitude for the last three years."

"Levi is going to be thrilled to have a mini you running around." He comments.

"Not as thrilled as burying you in a shallow grave." I joke.

Jean's eyes widen. "Oh, he's definitely going to murder me." His eyes move to Marco. "Don't tell him the kid is mine."

"You'd have to be an idiot not to see the similarities between Marco and you," I say.

Jean bumps my hip carefully. "Hey." He laughs.

"Did you guys hear that?" Sasha comments.

I pause, trying to listen over the others cheering in the background. Jean moves to try and quieten them down. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot movement.

Gabi runs in with a gun and before any of us can react. A shot is fired. My head snaps back around and standing beside me is Sasha. She collapses to the ground.

Scouts push their way forward going after Gabi. I drop to my knees beside Sasha, using a hand to try to stop the bleeding. This is not a sight I wanted my son to see but I'm not going to let her die on me.

Connie is across from me, trying to help. There is nothing that we can do to stop the bleeding, she is losing a lot of blood.

"Sasha, you need to stay with us. I just got back. I can't lose you." I plead.

"Mummy, what's happening?" Marco asks with a shaky voice.

Sasha's eyes are glassy as she stares straight ahead. My hand is covered in blood and Marco tries to wipe the tears from my face. I try to keep his eyes away from what's happening. A pair of arms lift me off the ground, Jean holds onto me tightly.

"Go back to Armin, the both of you shouldn't have to see this." He says, already walking me back over to the door.

"She's my friend as well, Jean. I want to be here." I try to argue with him.

"There are more than enough people to help her. She will be fine." He touches the side of my face, his eyes are stern. "Please."

I sigh and nod. "Come and get me if anything changes, please."

"Of course." He says opening the door for me.

I walk back down the hallway to where I had entered the airship. Opening another door I'm greeted by now other than Zeke who is sitting on the ground. His arms and legs are missing.

"Hello, (y/n). I'm glad to see you made it here safe and sound." Zeke says casually.

"Uncle Zeke." Marco cries.

Levi's head snaps in my direction and Eren barely looks up from where he is seated on the ground.

"Uncle Zeke?" Levi questions, shooting a dirty look down at Zeke.

Zeke gives off a simple shrug as I move towards Levi. His eyes move back up to meet mine before looking at Marco.

"This is your uncle Levi," I say.

Something flickers through Levi's eyes as he looks between Marco and I. The room is dead silent.

"Where's Kirstein? I'm going to throw him overboard." He announces loudly.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

21.9K 513 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...
883K 20K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...
7K 274 15
Jean Kirstein has no interest in girls. He'd tried dating and found himself often bored before the end of the evening. Competing for captain of The U...
140K 4.6K 38
°°Only he was too naive to realize that love cannot be ignored°° ••• Broken promises, unrequited love, and shattered friendships. The past is full of...