Power Built In Sorrow (Male R...

Hellbound199 द्वारा

A Young Man Lost His Family And Closest Friend To An Bandit Attack. During The Confrontation The Child Unlock... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55: Epilogue

Chapter 42

607 17 5
Hellbound199 द्वारा

- Benedict waited at the gate of the town and smiled when he saw the carriage return. He walked towards them and waited for it to stop, there they saw their worried faces -

"What's with the reactions? Did you guys encounter Ares' men?" Benedict asked, worried as he helped Vonika down the carriage.

"Well, yes... but... can we talk? In private? Inside?" She requested, not wanting to reveal (Y/N)'s secret power with the whole town. Benedict caught a glimmer of what she meant and nodded.

- Vonika called over the two, and they all headed straight for the Mayor's house. After getting in, they sat down on the dining room chairs -

"So, what's this about?" Benedict asked, clasping his hands. He saw the look in Vonika's eyes, but he still wanted to know the very question they're going to ask.

"Vonika told us that (Y/N) is different. Do you know anything about this?" Valerie asked, looking at her. Benedict sighed.

"Yes." He answered, surprising the three.

"How!? That was confidential!" Vonika shouted, staring at the man in question.

"Simple, I was an adventurer myself. My Goddess, who I will not name, was the book's editor whenever something happens before it got passed down to Hermes. I had access." Benedict answered.

"But the real question is, how do you know?" He asked, pointing at Vonika, "(Y/N) never knew, but somehow you did." He pointed out, seemingly suspicious of the girl.

"I am one." Vonika answered. Benedict was surprised, but the other two, Valerie and Warren, were clueless about what they are talking about. Benedict stared at the two and saw the guilty look on Warren's face.

"You're worse off, Warren. Did something happen that you didn't tell me?" Benedict asked. Warren didn't want to answer, but he gave out on the Mayor's glare.

"Vonika dug up the sister of (Y/N)'s grave." Warren answered. Benedict was fuming. He trusted her, and she desecrated the grave. Benedict was about to lash out, but Warren interrupted.

"The grave was empty. But... Vonika claimed she saw her inside the house... alive." Warren admitted. Benedict held his head and sat down.

"Would you two please leave for now? This topic is of no concern to both of you." Benedict requested. Warren was about to leave, but Valerie pulled him down to his seat.

"No, we already saw what happened. If you make us leave now, this will just haunt our conscience forever." Valerie reasoned, refusing to stand up from her seat.

"Very well. (Y/N) is a case called Retribution. They are those wronged at a young age and unjustly killed. Just as the name suggests, they resurrect to punish their own killers. Gaining inhuman powers ranging from increased strength to summoning." Benedict explained, so Warren and Valerie won't be out of the loop.

"And Vonika is like that too?" Valerie asked. Benedict nodded, staring at Vonika before returning his gaze at them.

- Benedict walked out of the dining room. The three waited, and he returned, carrying a rather large book in his hands. It was old and dusty -

"What is that?" Vonika asked, staring intently at the book in Benedict's hands. The Mayor dropped it down on the table.

"This is a list of every known Retribution... a bit outdated but still." Benedict said, opening the book.

"Isn't that supposed to be in possession of a God?" Vonika asked. Benedict chuckled, remembering his time as an adventurer and child of Goddess Iris.

"I copied it, spent days transferring all the information to this book. The God's only way of helping these unfortunate souls was death. But I begged to differ. So, I started my own research, dedicating my life to studying them." Benedict explained as he flipped page by page without looking... as if he remembers each one.

"Ah, here." Benedict said, pointing at a page. He starts reading, "If more than eighteen years have passed and the target still hasn't been eliminated by the original Retribution. The unknown force driving these poor souls will find another host to finish the job, and those will be their siblings." Benedict read, surprising the three.

"So, since (Y/N) still hasn't killed Ares, whatever gave him that power is now calling upon his sister to finish the job?" Vonika asked. Benedict gave a slow and sad nod that (Y/N)'s sister got pulled into this.

"If she's alive, we need to find her!" Warren exclaimed, standing up.

"That we have to do, Warren. But you are all tired from the journey and must rest now. We'll plan the search tomorrow." Benedict concluded. The other two nodded, said their goodbyes, and left.

"Umm, Benedict. Does that book have anything about those who have killed their targets?" Vonika asked shyly. Benedict stared at her wide-eyed.

"You have already killed them? Well, that's fortunate for you." Benedict said, opening the book once more. He stopped at a page and pointed at a name.

"Here, Stygian Carcer. A son of a corrupt and evil noble. He killed his father just as he revived." Benedict read. Vonika remembered the torture given to her.

"Was he tortured too?" Vonika asked, wanting to know if there was a difference between her and the others.

"Yes, the maids who lived told those who rescued them that they could hear the child's screams later that night after he killed his own father." Benedict answered, reading more into the info.

"My Goddess was one of those people who got to see what happens. Unfortunately, this kid wasn't as lucky as you. The torture following his freedom broke his mind. He unlocked the full potential of his power but went mad, killing everyone that nears him." Benedict said, surprising Vonika.

"The Gods don't know this, but I have studied and learned even more than what they've reached." Benedict said in worry, "The... things that give them power surpass whatever the powers our Gods might hold." Benedict continued, though he still doubts it. There is no denying that this might be the case.

"So you're saying that our power is otherworldly?" Vonika asked in disbelief. What could be more powerful than the Gods themselves?

"Yes, powerful creatures use the condemned souls as vessels to feed their power. Tell me, Vonika, did you see anything once you were freed?" He asked, bringing the memory back. Vonika once again tried to remember her tormentor, but only little details are recalled.

"Yes, I couldn't remember its face, but it had horns, fangs, and other inhuman features." She answered, slowly believing the man's theory about the origins of their powers.

"That is the one who gave you power. My theory is that these creatures use the bodies as vessels, and since the soul still intact inside the body, they can access it. But they can't control it since the soul is still attached." Benedict explained as Vonika listened closely.

"So, the creature revives the body to finish what is needed, once it is fulfilled, It drives away the person's soul through torture both physically and mentally, and it now has unrivaled control of the body." Benedict said. Though Vonika was a bit confused.

"What about me? I have already killed the person... my mother, why wasn't I driven out?" She asked, confused but thankful it didn't take control of her.

"Then, that would mean that if a Retribution who has already reached a certain age cannot be controllable, meaning that their souls have once again merged with their bodies fully and is unable to ever be separated." Benedict theorizes, writing it down on an empty page on his book.

"And that is the reason they find another host to infect, which would be the siblings of the first or primary target." Vonika continued, finally grasping the man's ideas.

"If that is the case, then we should quickly find (Y/N)'s sister. If she manages to take down Ares before her soul once again merges with her body, then whatever is controlling her will now be the one in control." Benedict stated in worry. Vonika stared out the window. If she manages to kill Ares, she'll endanger herself and others.

"Don't worry, Benedict, I'll do everything in my power to save her. I am indebted to (Y/N)." Vonika answered, which put the man at ease.

"Rest now, Vonika. We have a busy day tomorrow." Benedict said. Picking up the book once more before retreating to his quarters.

- Vonika thought of it closely. The Gods are dumb, refusing to study further into the powers of Retributions... what if one fully controls the body and gets away. What would the Gods do if this world will be filled with creatures more powerful than them? Would they stay and fight? Or would they flee? -

"It's no use thinking about it now. I need to save (Y/N)'s sister quickly." She mumbled, determined to set out tomorrow. She walked inside her room and went to bed.

<Smol Timeskip>

- Vonika was woken up by the loud knocking inside her room. She walked to the door and opened it, seeing Warren and Valerie outside, wearing what seemed to be expedition outfits -

"Huh? What's all this?" Vonika asked, rubbing her eyes. Valerie laughed and pulled Vonika out of the room.

"For finding (Y/N)'s sister, of course! The Mayor said he can't tell anyone about her resurrection. It is for their safety." Valerie said, bringing Vonika to a one-armed hug.

"So, we volunteered! We already know what happened. We can help you!" Warren continued, giving Vonika a smile.

"No, no, no. You guys aren't coming with me. It's dangerous out there! There are Ares patrols, and we still don't know if (Y/N)'s sister is... willing to communicate." Vonika stated, getting out of the hug.

"I can handle myself!" Valerie said, flexing her biceps, "And I can protect Warren!" She continued. Vonika shook her head, still not letting them.

"Come on! This is the most exciting thing that's going to happen in my life, ever!" Warren argued, insisting he goes as well.

"This might be the most exciting! But this might also be the last thing that will happen in your life!" Vonika explained, not wanting Warren to be caught up in problems he can't handle.

"The Mayor told us to help you. You are unfamiliar with the area. Valerie and I have been living here all our lives. We can surely be of help!" Warren stated proudly. Vonika thought of something to say back, but nothing came to mind.

"Alright, fine, you guys can go with. But if anything ever happens out there! There'll be no heroic bullshit! You guys are going to hide immediately and let me fight! Alone! Ok?!" Vonika affirmed. The two nodded and happily celebrated.

"So, when do we leave?" She asked, walking inside of the room to pack whatever she needs.

<Timeskip>

- After packing and bringing the stocks needed for the expedition, they set out. The main objective; look for (Y/N)'s sister and advise her not to kill Ares -

"The first location is the barn, right?" Valerie asked, biting on an apple as she sat comfortably inside the cart.

"Yeah, (Y/N)'s sister might return to their house and make it as some sort of base of operations. (Y/N) is smart. I don't doubt his sister is too." Vonika claimed, looking at Valerie.

- She read the maps and plans inside the room. (Y/N) had managed to weaken Rakia just by himself alone, at a young age too. (Y/N) knew where to strike, the locations, ambush spots. He was an intelligent kid, and his sister might be even as smart or exceeding -

"Alright, we're here. I hope there won't be a patrol this time." Warren said, stopping the carriage as he looked on ahead for Ares' patrols.

"You guys stay here and hide. I'll be the one going to the farm. It's too dangerous out there." She ordered, leading the two to the previous building they hid in.

- Vonika walked towards the farm, a bit nervous because the girl's killers can easily hide in the trees and strike when she's off guard. After a couple of minutes, she arrived -

"Staring inside the house through the broken door is creepy as always." Vonika mumbled, shivering in fear, "Wait, is something moving?" She asked, squinting to better see.

- In a blink of an eye, a hook was heading towards her. She couldn't dodge in time, and it pierced her thigh. Vonika screamed in pain and fell down -

"What the fuck!" She cursed. She felt the chain get tugged by something. Without a bit of hesitation, she was pulled inside the house at speeds almost impossible to reach. What weirded her out was that she didn't feel any force in the pull. Like she's suddenly weightless, and her body was pulled easily without extreme amounts of effort.

- She neared the house and got pulled inside it. A hand was waiting for her, wrapping around her neck as she arrived, and was raised up. She looked at it, and it was a deer-man hybrid? But what was beside it was a dark-haired girl, two or three years younger than (Y/N) -

"Why are you here again!?" She hissed, pointing a knife at her chest. Vonika struggled out of the grip, but just like (Y/N)'s killers, they were too powerful.

"I'm here to warn you about killing Ares and take you to your brother!" Vonika said, still trying to get out of the grip.

"Brother!? My brother is dead! I saw him get killed by bandits!" She growled, putting the knife closer, "And Ares? He's the mastermind of all this!? I'll pay him a visit!" She continued, turning around.

"No! Don't kill Ares! You-" Vonika reasoned, but before she could continue, the grip tightened, suffocating her.

"Don't kill Ares? The one who is responsible for the death of my whole FAMILY!?" She hissed, turning to look at Vonika with hate.

"You're his disciple, aren't you? Maybe that's why you're always here. You took my brother's body! I'll kill you for desecrating their graves!" She growled, running at Vonika as she plans to plunge the knife deep into her stomach.

- Vonika quickly summoned the cross and blinded the girl. Thankfully, the monster was also affected and released Vonika. She walked towards the girl, but she swung the knife wildly, screaming as she tried to regain her vision -

"Go away! You killed my family already! What more do you want?!" The girl screamed, still swinging the knife wildly.

"I'm not your enemy. Your brother is truly alive. I'm here to save you." Vonika said calmly, trying to make the girl believe she's not a threat.

"S-Save me?" The girl asked. But she remembered something.

'Come here, girly. Don't worry, I'll save you.' The bandit said, walking up the stairs to her, hiding something behind his back.

"That's what the bandit said! I don't trust you!" The girl screamed, regaining her vision. She felt fear and immediately ran outside the house through the back door.

- Vonika tried to chase her, but her foot got stuck in some webbing. The same thing from that killer she saw yesterday. The skills of (Y/N) and his sister are almost identical -

"Vonika! What happened!?" Valerie shouted, rushing towards the house.

"I got so close to saving her! Quick! Help me get out of this web." Vonika said. Valerie quickly ran to her and started pulling her feet out of the web.

"Thanks, now we need to follow her." Vonika ordered, removing the webbing left on her shoes. But of course, they were interrupted.

"All of you come out of the house, or we will kill your friend!" They heard someone shout. Both looked outside and saw Warren kneeling. Surrounding him were seven Ares patrolmen.

- Vonika held the cross tight and started charging it up while she and Valerie slowly walked to the door. Once outside, she felt the cross brim with light. Vonika quickly threw it in the air, and it exploded with light, blinding everyone except her -

"I don't have time for this!" She said, quickly summoning her scythe. She dashed to the first three that were surrounding Warren, all of them clutching their eyes in pain. She held tightly on her scythe as she decapitated the three.

- Continuing her attack, she dashed to the nearest soldier and stabbed him in the chest before throwing his body to two of his allies who held crossbows. With three left and two incapacitated, she killed the last one before grabbing her cross, that just fell down -

"Now, to deal with these two." Vonika said, walking to the two crossbowmen that were just regaining their footing. She quickly decapitated the first one and sliced the other one in half.

"My God (Y/N) is rubbing off on me." Vonika said, seeing how she mutilated those Ares soldiers, "Not my problem, they're the ones who chose that side." She continued before running to check up on Warren.

"What happened?" Warren asked, his vision just returning from the blinding white light.

"Don't worry, I killed the guards already." Vonika said, "Now I need to go! You two stay in the house! I'll go after her!" Vonika ordered, pointing at Valerie and Warren. The two nodded, and she quickly ran through the house and out the backdoor to chase the girl.

- She walked through the forest, holding her scythe and cross if ever someone or something attacks her. She got past it and saw that she was out on the main road once more. Hearing a shout, Vonika hurriedly ducked and hid behind some of the trees -

"She's gathering more." Vonika mumbled, staring at the girl who was surrounded by twenty or more corpses of Ares men.

"Rise!" The little girl said, and just like (Y/N)'s, souls were being sucked out of the dead guards before going to her hand. Vonika looks closely and saw a pendant on the girl's hand.

"Like brother, like sister, I guess." Vonika said, readying herself to confront her once more. (Y/N) was bloodthirsty when he revived and got softer over the years. Vonika hoped that isn't the case for his sister.

<><><>

Welp, this is chapter 42. Bye!

Yo! I just got #7 in the tags of Danmachi! This is what I've been waiting for! This is what it's all about! Seriously though, thank you guys for the continuous support. I've been recovering now from my grandmother's passing, took a few days of break, and I'm back!

Thank you once again! 

(Also I do not own the pictures used here)

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Sword Astraea Speed द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

19.7K 1K 21
Young, lost and naive Bell finds he has taken a wrong turn and is far from the dungeon city. Lucky for him a lone goddess offers her help
62.7K 1.6K 12
An immortal but not a God. He opened a noodle specialist store and met a kid going down the path of an Avenger and...took her in until she found a Fa...
23.1K 723 29
One night, whilst wandering the streets of Orario, Riveria Ljos Alf comes across a boy, 7 years old, cold, afraid and alone. Taking him in, he recoun...
298K 4.9K 33
A traditional isekai story, A Boy who died from a accident, Being given a second chance in a world full of wonders, His One time luck that brought hi...