Grey-Sloan Memorial from Your...

LeewayEcho tarafından

You are going to be the new Head of Pediatrics at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital as the current one is stepping... Daha Fazla

Head of Pediatrics
New Beginnings at Grey-Sloan
First Day Jitters (Part 1)
First Day Jitters (Part 2)
Celebration at Joe's
Code Silver!
Come Back To Me
Come Home with Me
Back to Work
Messing with You
Don't Say It
Better Together
Together, We are Family
1...2...3...Family!
Aftermath
Time to Party!
All Night Long
If I Lay Here
Not Okay, and That's Okay (Arizona's Trauma)
Not Okay, and That's Okay (Y/n's Trauma)
Stronger
Moving On
Waking up with a Headache
Stuck in Bed
Get Me Out of Here
Back to Work (Again)
All Alone
Rise and Shine
Paging Dr. Torres
Joke's on You
Beautiful Ghosts
Aftermath (Again)
Let's Go to the Beach
I Saw Mama
Should I Stay?
Are You With Me?
House of Cards
Grateful for You
Surgery Again
What Do You Mean?
Meet Little Miss
I Have Someone I Want You to Meet
Crash and Burn
Cute and Fluffy
Tell Me What You Like
No Justice, No Peace
Parents are in Town
A/N
Marry Me
Down to Celebrate
Timothy Daniel Robbins?
Long Lost
Long Lost and on the Run
7 years
United
Where Does the Good Go?
Let it Be
You are My Home
Waiting, Watching
Lay with Me
Meant to Be
Wedding Bells and a Kidney?
Save a Life
What is it, You Say?
Stuck at Home
Raging Fire
Still Healing
Can You Live, For Me?
I'm Sorry, Forgive Me
Close Enough
Just a Little Blue
Kids Make Everything Better
Our Future
AUTHOR'S NOTE, NEW STORY!

At Home, Nothing to Do

822 21 4
LeewayEcho tarafından

2 months later

Y/n's POV

I can't believe I still had one more month before I could return to work. I asked Dr. Bailey if I could at the very least resume studying, just to keep up with the ever changing medical information.

Alex and I made a trip out to Iowa to visit our mother's grave and, while it was sad, it was great to go back with Alex and just have sibling bonding time. 

Callie was coming over today, and as if on cue, she sends me a text.

Callie: I have someone I want you to meet today, is it okay if I bring them over?

I reply instantly.

Y/n: Yes of course, I need more human interaction. Being alone sucks.

I put my phone down and go back to trying to make breakfast for Arizona and I. She comes in the room and bumps me away from the stove. "Arizona, I swear. I am fine, please let me make us breakfast." I whine to her. "You know how I like protecting you, I am not letting you do a thing until you are getting a clean bill of health and back to work." Arizona says sternly.

"I mean it, Karev." She stares me down. "Don't last name me, Robbins." I say to her with a glare. 

"Baby, don't get mad at me." I tell her nervously. "Oh, what did you do?" She asks. "Nothing, I didn't do anything. It's just something Callie mentioned a while ago that's been looming." I tell her and she puts her head to one direction in confusion. "She said that you wanted different things and fell out of love with each other. The different things being wanting kids or not. And she said you may not have wanted them. She wasn't sure if it was just with her or in general." I finished with a scared face.

She sighed heavily before composing herself to answer. "Okay. I guess we're talking about this. I never saw myself as a mother, I just didn't think I would be good at it. And I think somewhere along the line I think we both realized that we'd resent each other if we didn't get what we wanted. That and we simply didn't love each other like we used to. I didn't see myself having kids with her. Then I met you and I could see myself have 10 billion kids with you. I felt more confident with you as my partner in crime." She says with a huge smile.

"Okay." I say, kind of flat and maybe unconvincing. "That's it? That's all you have to say to that?" Arizona says angrily. "I didn't mean to not say more, I'm just speechless." I tell her.

"Well alright, since you're so speechless, I'm just going to go to work." Arizona says grabbing her things. "Arizona, please don't. Can you please stay until you have to go?" I plead with her to stay. "Nope because I have to go now." She says in a stern tone.

"I'm not going to fight with you. Callie will be over today so we can study a new technique on rotationplasty." I tell her with sad eyes. "Have fun with that, I'll be at work late. Don't bother waiting up." She says moving towards the door and opens it. "I love y.." I can even finish my sentence before she is out the door and slams it. 

This was going to be a long day. She chanced a text, knowing she was probably not going to answer.

Y/n: I love you. Have a good day. I'm sorry.

Y/n: Promise Ring.

I hoped that last text wasn't going to make her even madder than she already was, it wasn't meant to. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the doorbell rang. I ran to get it and noticed it was Callie.

"Callie, come in!" I tell her excitedly. I noticed a small body hiding behind her. I immediately got onto the ground and sat criss cross. "Hi, sweet girl. What's your name?" I ask her sweetly with soft eyes and a smile.

She looks up at Callie and she nods. "My name is Sofia Isabella Torres. What's your name?" She asks me with a grin. "My name is Y/n Isabella Karev. Looks like we have matching middle names." I tell her with a megawatt smile. I reach out my hand to shake hers, but she comes running in for a hug. 

I look up at Callie and she mouths 'just go with it' with a smile.

I pick her up and spin her around. She giggles loudly as I do this and I find Callie doing the same. Wow, she was a spitting image of Callie. Dark hair, olive skin, brown eyes. "Callie, I ask this in all seriousness. Did you clone yourself as a child and wait until now to have the kid version again of you?" I ask her with a chuckle. "Don't we look alike, Dr. Karev?" Sofia asks with a big smile. 

I gasp. "I don't know of this Dr. Karev you speak of. I only go by Y/n or Auntie Y/n, if your mommy lets you call me that." I tell her as I give her a tickle on the tummy. She laughs even more. "Mommy, can I call her Auntie Y/n? Please please." She asks Callie.

"Of course, baby. As long as you're okay with that, Auntie Y/n." She looks at me. "Um yes! Sofia, let me show you to where you can watch TV while mommy and I study for a little while." I tell the little pip squeak. 

I show her to the room and leave her be. Hopefully she would sleep too.

"Callie, she is literally the cutest child I have ever seen. Be careful, I may steal her. But I didn't know you had a daughter. I thought we were getting closer since I am laid up with nothing to do and you neglected to tell me you had a child!!" I say, playfully shouting.

She gives a slight chuckle. "It's not something I tell people right off the bat. It's mostly to protect her. We haven't had it easy. I got inseminated with a donor. I was 26 weeks pregnant with her when I got into a car accident and we both almost died. We were in the hospital for months, but what kept me going was that we were there together. Not the best circumstances, but together." She tells me. 

"I can see the love in your eyes for her. She has the best mom to take care of her. I am happy for you, Callie." I say and my smile falters. "Hey, you okay? I saw that." Callie asks curiously.

"I'm fine. It's just..I had a son. And I only got to hold him for 4 minutes, the best 4 minutes of my life. He had a condition and Nicole couldn't operate in utero, so when they got him out and to another operating room after I held him, he didn't make it. I was broken for a while because he was also conceived through assault, but I would have loved that boy with everything I had." I say with tears threatening to fall.

"I am so sorry, Y/n. I am sure that was very hard for you to go through, but I am happy to see that you are here today. Still fighting." She says with a smile. "Speaking of fighting. Oh boy. Arizona was pissed this morning." I pause. "I finally brought up the kids conversation you and I had and apparently my answer triggered some answer in her." I tell her with a sigh.

"She can see kids with me and all that, but all I said was okay because I was shocked and didn't know what to say." I carried on. "Oh boy, you're in the doghouse then, aren't ya?" Callie laughs.

"Real funny, Cal." I say and shove her playfully. "She'll be fine, just give her time. She's always been sort of hotheaded." She tells me. "You're telling me." I say with a laugh.

Wh then got to studying and soon after got Sofia and took her to lunch. We then played at the park near the apartment. 

I made dinner for all of us with Sofia's help. It felt like I had known her all her life already. Callie let us bond. I think she knew she needed more people to get to know Sofia.

Before we knew it, it was closer to 10:30pm and I knew Arizona would be home soon. "Alright, you two need to go before my very angry girlfriend starts World War III at the fact you have a kid and haven't told anyone yet!" I whispered that last part so Sofia couldn't hear it. "What's World War III, mommy?" Sofia asks sleepily. "We don't want to find out, baby." Callie says as she laughs.

"Alright, sweet girl. Come give me a hug and kiss." I tell Sofia. She runs into my arms and I start to pepper kisses all over her face as she is giggling. "I love you, Auntie Y/n!" She said excitedly.

"I love you more, princess!" I tell her with a few more kisses around the face. "Thank you for having us, Y/n." Callie says. "Oh my god. Please come back more. I love her and we make a pretty good team with pediatric bones." I say with a smile.

With that they leave for the night and I sit on the couch waiting for Arizona. I intend to invoke promise ring. 

Arizona's POV

I had to go home and face Y/n now. Hopefully she would be asleep so we didn't have to get into a fight. It was my fault anyway, but I was so mad in the moment. 

I thought she would be more excited for kids with me. But now it seemed like she was doubting me and that's the last thing I wanted.

I quietly unlocked and opened the door in hopes to just shower and go to bed. Right as I walked in, I found Y/n on the bar stools at the kitchen counter. She was sitting there quietly with her head in her hands. She let out soft whimpers and everything just went out the window at that point.

I wasn't even mad anymore, I just wanted to make sure she was okay. I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her from the side. "What's wrong, baby?" I ask her, while stroking her hair. "Nothing, I'm fine. You're mad at me anyway." She says sadly. "I'm not mad at you. I was, but you're upset and I care about making you better more." I tell her.

"I just miss my baby boy and then when I thought about it, it then reminded me of how you were already mad at me about the whole kids conversation." She tells me sadly. and then looks back at the ground. 

"I love you. I wanted to make sure I said it before midnight." I tell her and lift her chin so she has to look at me. "We are going to have kids, Y/n. I guess I expected you to be less surprised. I told you that I wanted to have children with you, I don't want you to doubt that." I tell her.

"I'm sorry." She tells me with a pout. "You have nothing to be sorry for. It's done, we are moving on." I tell her with a smile. "Moving on to a future with 10 billion kids." I tell her with a  big smile.

"How about 2 or 3. I think that's more manageable." She says with a big laugh. "I like that idea." I tell her and lean in to kiss her soft lips. "Also, I have to admit, I did have a big smile when you texted me promise ring before. Because I knew you remembered." I tell her. "I wouldn't forget, baby. Those are special to me." She tells me.

With that, we went to the bedroom and took a shower. Following, we got comfortable in each other's arms and fell asleep peacefully. Ugh, she was perfect.

Author's Notes: I know I said Sofia didn't exist initially, but I liked this storyline so I fixed the story details to say she didn't exist until later!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

27.1K 349 16
Jo and Alex have always talked about having kids, but what will happen when their long awaited wish comes true? Thrilled to hear the news, they wait...
54K 1.3K 75
You are a peds surgeon and start your new job at Grey Sloan. What will life bring you and what will happen when you meet Arizona Robbins? This is a...
61.1K 1.3K 36
What if meredith grew up with an younger sister who was a very smart child, at the age of 13 she was finishing high school with her older sister mere...
961K 21.4K 148
Born in Philly, raised in New York, and now packing up her Bostonian life for the Emerald City. Freshly graduated from her fellowship at Harvard Medi...