Love Gaze [BxB] | ✔️

Por UndercoverAuthor8

Justin's blind. Ever since the car accident when he was ten, Justin lost the ability to see and hates it. He... Más

Starters
Character Aesthetics
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Author's Note
Finishes

Six

2.9K 207 83
Por UndercoverAuthor8

This chapter is dedicated to Rosa_9614

Thank you for being so supportive and active on Love Gaze !!!

Don't worry, I'll get to everyone in the future!

---

Mike's POV

It took me almost a month to get his number. I was worried fo some reason. I kept thinking that he'd say no, that we wouldn't need to contact each other apart from school times. 

So, when he did say yes, I was grinning so bad. He couldn't see it though. I didn't know what to think of that.

I was relived that he didn't see my face. What if he thought I was a creep for being so excited about getting a phone number? But then, it kind of sucked that he didn't see it. I wanted him to know how much it meant to me.

That one word, sure, was like a green light.

I know, I have a girlfriend and all, but I couldn't help it. Being with Justin just brought out the best in me. Whenever he smiled at my jokes, it made me so happy. I was the one who made his day brighter for a few seconds.

Currently, it was half way through the term. I talked to Justin on the phone twice in the past, all to just say good morning and ask if he needed a ride.

Today, I wanted to talk to him. It sounded weird, but that's the truth. I really wanted to click on his name and press the phone sign. But, the only problem, I didn't know what to say.

It was night, after eleven and I couldn't go to sleep. Normally, I wouldn't care but, ever since Justin came into my life, I woke up early to get to school. Which meant, I had to sleep on time.

"Would he be sleeping?" I asked myself. I was alone in my room, Lara and mum probably already sleeping.

Of course he would be idiot, it's almost midnight. The only idiot who's not sleeping is you.

That was my conscious. He comes whenever I'm feeling sarcastic enough to bang my head on the wall.

Call? Or not? Call? Or not?

My finger hovered over his number and I sighed, dropping my hand. It was getting tired from holding up for so long. Getting ready to just lay their and sleep when sleep comes, my heart literally jumped out of my chest when I heard the faint sound of ringing.

Taking the phone in my hand again, my eyes popped out of their sockets when I realized that the call was going for Justin. Just my luck, before I could press end, the faint whisper of his sweet voice made me freeze.

Hello?

I let a heavy breath out before putting the phone near my ear.

Hello? Mike?

"Y-yeah?"

Oh, can you hear me? There was a pause. You called.

"Y-yeah, just... wanted to... say hi?" Nice going Mike, well done.

In the middle of the night?

Instead of getting myself more embarrassed, I decided to change the subject. "You don't sound like you were sleeping."

Oh, yeah. I couldn't go to sleep so I was reading when you called.

"Right, that's a good thing to do. Read, when you can't sleep." Why didn't I think of that? "Wait, you're reading?"

Justin chuckled into the phone. My grip tightened. Yeah, there are things called braille books? Ever heard of them?

"Oh." I felt so dumb. "Yes, I know. I forgot."

Another laugh from his side. It's fine. So, why did you call?

I went with the truth. "I couldn't sleep. Just wanted to talk to someone while I spend the night doing absolutely nothing."

You could've called your other friends? Don't you talk to them?

"I do, but I wanted to talk to you." Great, now I sounded like a creep. I quickly talk again, "my sister wants to meet you."

The reply took time. Your sister? As like, Lara? I reply with a yes. Really? She wanted to actually, see me?

I chuckled. "Yep, that's what she said when I was telling her about you."

I slapped the front of my face hard. The sound was loud. Another thing I had to worry about.

Um... Mike? Are you okay? What was that sound?

"Um, oh... it's nothing. I just... dropped something." I sat up straighter on my bed. "So, what were you saying?" I was begging for a hole to bury myself in.

You were talking to Lara about me?

"No!" I hit myself again. "Yes, I mean, I was just talking about what happened at school and stuff and you tend to come up, a lot." It was true. I did hang out with him the whole day.

You won't have to talk about me if you didn't have to do the whole scholarship thing.

I'd told Justin about the points. He took it harsh the fist day but then I got him to talk to me. I told him that I became his friend because I wanted to, not because of the points. Thank god I was already doing good in class and had enough points already. The ones from helping Justin were extras. He believed me.

Hope though, she took time. I'm surprised that she didn't cause a scene when she found out.

Hello? Mike, you still there?

I snapped back to reality. "Yes I am. Just thinking. You sound calmer through the phone."

I imagines him blushing on his bed, a book on his lap, phone in hand. It's easier to talk. I don't have to worry about wondering if you're with me or not, or if you're looking at me or not. If you're not talking back to me, I could just conclude that you left your phone without hanging up or fell asleep or something.

I nodded before voicing my agreement.

So, why can't you sleep?

"I don't know."

You're serious? You don't know why you can't go to sleep?

"How is it for you when you go to sleep?" I asked instead. Then I realized how rude I'd been. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! What were you saying? Sorry, I was just curious and wanted to know!"

How more can I embarrass myself?

Justin though, he laughed it off. No, it's fine. And sleeping for me, is all about the feeling. Since it's always blurred colors for me, I'm always either seeing dark blurs or light blurs. So, instead, I forced my brain to think about the what I feel since I was little.

"For example?"

Um, like, at school. When it's raining and cold during classes, I might go to sleep because it'd be boring. At home though, the softness of my mattress is enough to send me to deep sleep. I don't have to have the lights off because I could just have the shades on.

"Oh..."

Yeah, Justin chuckles. It's a bit weird. But because of my blindness, I tend to sleep for long. Not everyone's like that but I find it hard to get up from it since it doesn't really make a difference to me. It'll all be the same if I open my eyes or not.

My heart was hammering. The way he talked about his blindness so easily, it made me unsettling and I felt like the pit of my stomach was blowing up.

Don't think too much, it's not going to change anything. Now, since I talked, you talk.

"What do you want to know?"

Um... what's you future goal?

I rolled my eyes but my lips held a smile. "I don't know."

You don't know? He was surprised. How come you don't know?

"Just because. Sure I do have the grades but I just don't know what to choose. I'll decided later."

Right, okay. So, how about your... best friend? Don't you have one? I've never heard of him or met him? Why are you hiding him Mike, tell me?

I laughed, closing my eyes. "No, what? Why would I hide him?"

Just tell me Mike. Or, if you don't want to, it's fine. Sorry, I should've thought about it before asking-

"It's fine Justin. It's not a big deal. I don't have a best friend. I have friends, but not a best one. Plus, even if I did, I would've introduced you to them on the first day."

Oh.

"Yeah... that's me... how about you?"

I have one.

That's a surprise.

"Tell me about this best friend of Justin."

He laughed and it made me smile. Her name is Alannah. She used to be our neighbor until two yeas ago. She moved back to her hometown, all the way in Australia.

"Oh, wow. Australia?"

Yep, the one and only get away paradise. I'd like to go someday.

"She still talks to you?"

Yes, we're close. She calls everyday and we talk about our day. We tell each other everything. It's not that hard too, we've been friends since I was adopted.

I choked on my spit. "You're adopted?!"

Justin gasped from the other side. You didn't know?! How could you not know?! I'm always with Hope!

"How is that supposed to tell me that you're adopted?! You guys pretty much look the same! Except for the face shape and a few minor details. I honestly thought that you guys were blood related! The way you guys are so close, damn."

Justin was laughing in the other end. I wondered if he wasn't scared that someone would walk into his room.

"Anyways, okay fine. Have any other secrets that you want to tell me?"

No, not for know, he answered.

"Okay then, tell me more about Alannah."

Why do you want to know? Don't s-start hitting on her Mike. I thought you have a girlfriend. Plus, even if you don't I won't allow it!

I wanted to laugh loud, tease him and tell him no, he wouldn't have to worry about anything like that. I was too busy in life to care about girlfriends. 

It was true though, I haven't really had a proper conversation with Janet since Justin walked into my life. I spent all of the school hours with him and the rest of the day with Lara because the girl was all about attention seeking skills. She'd skin you alive if you don't give her the attention you want.

Then a ping went off on my phone. I brought it back in front to check and see a notification of a message. "Speaking of my girlfriend, long live Janet, she just texted me."

Silence was the response I got.

"Just stay in line Justin, I'm gonna see it."

I clicked on it, scrolling.

From 'Janet aka girlfriend' (11:28 pm) :- Sorry Mike, but I'm a coward.

"What the heck?"

What? What is it?

I told Justin what was texted. He didn't have a clue either anyways. Then I saw the dots at the bottom of the screen. I announced that as well.

From 'Janet aka girlfriend' (11:29 pm) :- That's why I'm doing this over a text. Don't hate me.

My mind was going crazy. What was Janet trying to say from this whole thing? Was this a prank?

From 'Janet aka girlfriend' (11:29 pm) :- I cheated on you with someone else.

At first, I didn't know how to feel. I've never had to deal with a cheating drama before. Was I supposed to hate her now? Feel sad?

From 'Janet aka girlfriend' (11:30 pm) :- I want to break up with you. I think I like this guy Mike.

I laughed.

I literally went back to Justin's call and laughed into the microphone.

What? What happened? Justin sounded scared and confused. He must've been so clueless so I helped him.

"I just got dumped through a text."

There was a pause before he responded. Wanna take back that blessing you gave?

---

Hey guys!

How was it? Too fast? No?

Don't forget to click on the star!

Love u!

P.S. I know I shouldn't do this here, but like... hehe, I'm doing it anyways. Check out my other story: Hate Me Harder, which is also a BxB story. I honestly thought that more people would like that but... meh. Check it out if you want and tell me what you think!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.3M 41.5K 75
Jesse's life turns upside down once the football player from his school finds out he's gay. Because of that he has to obey to jock's every command or...
534K 23.2K 48
Alan Baker hates Max Winters. There's nothing more to say. Max was everything Alan wanted to be. He just couldn't stop himself from hating him so muc...
260K 21.8K 44
[Featured in FreetheLGBT: Diverse Literature reading list and Humor: Young. Dumb. Full of Fun list] Colin Mitchell, a photographer at a well-known st...
1.1K 61 14
A love story started with an accident. He loved him but didn't know how to tell him. He writes it down in his diary but didn't get the chance to giv...