It's a Hard life | Hardzello♡

Door QueenBorhap_gifs

When Ben Hardy, a 17 year old boy, gets kicked out of the house by his parents, he has nowhere to go. He roam... Meer

Before we start
1. So now what?
2. Why am I here?
3. I know you
4. Brian
5. Drinking game
6. Pushed me away
7. Join the club
8. Movie night
9. Baggage
10. Stargazing
11. Allen
12. Nightmare
13. Waffles
14. I want to break free
15. Kiss
16. You have a fever
17. Date night
18. Be mine?
19. Wanna stay in bed
20. A bad feeling
21. I love you
22. About yesterday
23. Christmas eve
24. I really love him
25. Snow globe
26. Roger
27. Trouble falling asleep
28. I'll get you through the night
29. Smile
30. Exhausted
31. Good morning
32. No longer missing
33. I guess you're right
34. Get down...
35. I'm gonna call him
36. Second date
37. Panic attack
38. What did I do wrong?
39. The evil twin
40. Stomach ache
41. In the hospital
42. We brought you dinner
43. All my fault
44. Going home
45. What do you have to tell me?
46. You saved my life
47. The plan
48. Mrs Leech
49. We're going to New York
50. Finally meeting in person
51. Dinner together
52. Everything's great
53. It's happening
54. Liz
55. You take my breath away
56. Gina
57. In shock
58. The old apple tree
59. The adoption
61. Big blue eyes
62. Regrets and happiness
63. Teething and rings {Part one}
64. Teething and rings {Part two}
65. As ready as I'll ever be

60. Back to the UK

115 6 8
Door QueenBorhap_gifs

Two weeks later, it's time for Ben and Joe to go back to the UK. They stayed an extra week to get everything settled with the adoption agency, but now it's really time to go home.
Ever since the two agreed to adopt Liz, Mary made it her job to teach them about all the baby stuff they'll need.
Joe has seen stuff coming by he didn't even know existed. From a baby wrap to all different kinds of pacifiers. But a week of speed courses, he and Ben finally got the hang of all the stuff and the routines.
Both boys are eager to go home, and can't wait to show their daughter to their friends. But the two are also a bit nervous about the flight. Since the flight from New York to London takes about eight hours, they hope Liz will get through without to much crying. 

●●●

The day of their flight, Ben wakes up from someone talking next to him. At first it sounds quite distant. He groans softly before rubbing his eyes. After a few seconds, the voice next to him finally becomes more clear. He can now hear that Joe is the one who's talking.
"I think your papa is waking up, Liz." The ginger's voice says, barely above a whisper.
With a sleepy smile, Ben opens his eyes. "Papa?" He mumbles. Next to him he sees Joe bare-chested with Liz lying on her tummy on top of him.
The baby girl has her eyes closed, and is making some happy sounds in her sleep.
Joe's cheeks turn red within just a few seconds. "Sorry, that just slipped out." He mutters embarrassed. 
Ben shakes his head. "No don't apologize. I love it." He yawns. He snuggles closer to Joe's body so he can gently kiss their daughter on the head. "I'm your papa." He whispers, a hint of disbelief audible in his voice.
The ginger smiles widely and gives both Ben and Liz a kiss on the head. "We though we'd just let you sleep for a while, right Lizzy?" He looks down at the girl, feeling his heart glow.
Ben smiles and presses a kiss on the boy's cheek. "Hmm that's sweet." He mumbles before closing his eyes again. His phone beeps, but he decides to ignore it. He's just too comfortable now to move. But when it beeps again, the blond groans loudly before reaching to the nightstand.
"Who's texting you?" Joe asks curiously.
Ben smiles. "Rami says that we have to text him when our plane is landing. Then he'll pick us up with his car." He says, reading the messages out loud.
Joe immediately grins. "I can't wait to see his face when he sees Liz. Nor Gwil or Lucy's face."
Ben lets out a sleepy giggle and nods in agreement. 
A long silence follows, but it's a comfortable one.
For a moment Joe thinks that Ben has fallen asleep again, since he can feel the boy's breathing is slow and his muscles are relaxed. But when he looks next to him he sees Ben just staring at Liz with the admiration reflecting in his eyes.
Then Liz lets out a soft noise before yawning and opening her eyes.
Ben can feel the happiness run through his body when the girl just stares at him with her big blue eyes. "Hi." He whispers to her.
"Are you ready to go home Lizzy?" Joe whispers with a smile.
"How long do we got before we have to leave?" Ben asks.
Joe looks at the clock and shrugs. "About 2 hours." He says. He giggles when Ben yawns. "How about you get Liz dressed, then I'll make her a bottle." He suggests.
When Ben smiles and nods, Joe hands the little girl over to him. After giving Ben a short kiss, he walks towards the kitchen. 

With a bottle in his hand, Joe walks back to their bedroom. Since it's still very early in the morning, no one else is awake yet. He stops in the doorway of his bedroom and smiles.
In the room, Ben is still busy with getting Liz dressed. While putting on her little socks, the boy starts singing softly to her. 
After a few seconds of admiring the two, Joe walks over to his boyfriend and daughter.
"All done sweetheart." Ben says with a smile. "You are the prettiest girl in the world." He says before giving the baby girl a kiss. Suddenly he feels two arms around his waist. 
"You should sing more often." Joe says with a small grin, pressing a sweet kiss onto the back of the blond's head. 
Ben can feel his cheeks burn a little. "You heard?" He asks shyly before turning around. 
Joe nods with a big smile before pressing his lips against Ben's. Their kiss gets interrupted by Liz starting to cry.
"I think someone's hungry." Ben giggles.
Joe smiles and carefully sits down with Liz on the bed.
"Are you sure we have everything packed?" Ben asks.
The ginger thinks for a moment and then nods. "Yeah, pretty sure. The only stuff we have yet to pack is Liz's stuff. Her lovey and diaper bag, all those things." He says.
"Have you given Mary your gift yet?" Ben asks. 
The ginger smiles, but doesn't take his eyes off Liz. He shakes his head. "No, not yet. I think I'll give it to her right before we leave."
Ben sits down on the bed as well, and looks with a smile Liz who's enjoying her bottle. "So, how late will we arrive in the UK?" The blond asks.
"Around  03:20 Pm, if all goes well. That way we'll have enough time after that to go shopping for some baby stuff. Then at least she won't have to spend her first night at home in a travel cot." Joe says. 

+++

"What on earth are you wearing?" John asks with a raised eyebrow when Ben walks into the living room.
The boy is wearing the baby wrap with Liz in it, so the girl will be comfortable during the drive to the airport. "I'm wearing... Liz." Ben says with a giggle. "Why? Don't you think it suits me?" He adds with a grin. He carefully strikes some poses.
John rolls his eyes. "No. That poor girl. Being worn as an accessory." He says.
"You're not funny John." Joe says to his brother when he comes out of the kitchen. "Our Uber will be here in about 10 minutes." The ginger says to Ben. He smiles when he sees that Liz has fallen asleep in the baby wrap. Which Joe totally gets. Ben's chest is simply very comfortable. "Hey little lady, you're in my spot." He says.
Ben laughs at that. He gives Joe a sweet kiss, as some kind of consolation.
At that point the front door opens. Mary, Joseph and Matt enter the room. "Hi boys. How much time have we left?" Joseph asks with a small smile.
Joe frowns at that. "Hi Dad. We almost have to leave, I'm afraid." He says with a sigh. 
Ben takes the ginger's hand when he sees that the boy swallows. He knows that it's hard for the boy to say goodbye. "Maybe you should get the gift." Ben says softly.
Joe nods, and disappears into the bedroom to get it.
"Looking good with that baby wrap Ben. It suits you." Matt says to Ben.
Who immediately turns to John. "See?" He says with a smirk. 
John rolls his eyes and mumbles a 'whatever'.

When Joe returns, he has a small box in his hand. He walks to Mary and gives her the box. "This is for you." He says.
Mary looks at him questioningly, but takes the gift anyway. She carefully opens the box, and a bracelet appears. She takes out the silver jewel to take a closer look. A beautiful pink stone shines in the center of the bracelet.
"We have the same bracelet for Liz that she can wear when she's older." Ben says with a smile.
Joe nods in agreement. "That way the two of you are always connected." He adds. He chuckles when he sees tears sparkle in Mary's eyes.
"That's so sweet." The girl says. She steps forward and hugs her brother.
Ben and Matt share a smile when they see the two.
"I'm gonna miss you." Joe says when he and Mary let go of the hug. He looks at his phone, and sees their Uber will be here in five minutes. So he turns to his Dad, and hugs him as well.
After that, Joseph walks over to Ben. He wants to hug the boy, but Ben stops him.
"C-could I maybe talk to you in private?" Ben asks, his voice nearly above a whisper.
Joseph nods, and together they walk into the bedroom.

"Everything alright?" Joseph asks Ben with a reassuring smile.
Ben nods. "Yeah. I just uhm... I just wanted to thank you for the warm welcome, to start with." He starts nervously fiddling with his hands, having trouble to maintain eye contact with the man. And so he moves his eyes down, smiling a little when he sees the peaceful look on Liz's face.
She's snuggled up against his chest, not bothered by the sound of his raised heartbeat. 
Joseph smiles. "Of course, always." He says with a wink. "Anything else? You know you can tell me anything." He adds when he notices how nervous the blond is.
Ben takes a deep breath. "Well, I uhm, I also wanted to ask you something." He reaches into the pocket of his trousers and pulls out a small black box. He opens it, making a beautiful ring appear. "I wanted to ask your blessing. I know we're both still very young but-"
"Ben, let me stop you right there." Joseph says, making Ben's heart drop. "Of course you have my blessing." He says with a big smile.
Ben's eyes widen slightly as he lets out a relieved breath. "Really?" He ask in a shaky voice.
Joseph nods. "Really. I've never seen Joe this happy ever since his mom passed away. I was really scared that all the alcohol would take its toll at some point. That he'd destroy himself one time or another. But then he met you and he finally became happy again. I'd be honored to call you my official son-in-law." He says with a big smile.
And again, Ben lets out a relieved breath. "You have no idea how happy you're making me." He says with a big smile.
"So, should I expect a call from Joe anytime soon telling me he got engaged?" Joseph asks curiously.
Ben shakes his head. "I think it will be a while until I'll propose to him. I just didn't want to ask you this over the phone. I want things to settle down a little with Liz and everything before taking the next step." He explains. "And... well, I need to turn eighteen first because...-" He stops talking.
"Because that's the only way you won't need your parents' permission for the wedding?" He says.
Ben looks up in surprise. "Y-yeah."
Joseph shoots him a caring smile. "Joe told me about the situation with your parents. He didn't want you to be uncomfortable during your stay here so he told me all about it. So I wouldn't ask any questions about them." He explains.
Ben smiles. "That was sweet of him." 
Joseph steps forward, capturing the boy into a hug, careful not to wake his granddaughter. "I'm proud of you Ben." He smiles when he can feel the British boy loosen up a little. "Let's go back to the others, hm? We don't want to to evoke suspicion."
Ben smiles and nods. "Good idea." 

"Everything okay?" Joe asks the moment his boyfriend and father walk into the room again.
Ben nods. "Yeah, just wanted to thank your dad for having me over." He says, trying to look as calm as possible.
Joseph nods to confirm that. "Your boyfriend is very polite. You could learn a thing or two from him." He says to his son with a smirk.
Joe rolls his eyes before hugging his dad once again. "I'll miss you." He mumbles during the hug. 
Meanwhile, Ben is talking to Matt to say goodbye. "Just know you can always come over to see her, okay?" Ben says.
Matt smiles and nods. "Thank you." He moves a little closer to Liz. "You know what Liz? Mary and I will be the best aunt and uncle you can wish for, okay?"
Mary nods in agreement, intertwining her fingers with Matt's.
"I guess we really have to go now. I think we've made the Uber guy wait long enough." Joe says after checking his phone.
Ben nods. "Yeah, let's go."
Both take their luggage, and after saying goodbye to everyone once again, they leave. 

_____________________

What can I say? It was about time that someone started talking about getting married, am I right?😜

Sorry for the wait, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter despite it.

Kisses from me😘

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

73.6K 3.1K 36
"Why can't we give love that one more chance?" "That's what I've been saying." In which old college friends, now turned successful actors, are reunit...
13.3K 245 13
Bunch of imagines with the Queen & Bohrap boys ━━━━━━━ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Ⓒ︎𝐃𝐗𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐐𝐔𝐗𝐄𝐄𝐍
17.3K 562 25
EDIT 3 YEARS LATER-: i am so sorry this sucks so bad i was like 14 when i wrote it x Harley had always been happy, how couldn't she be? She made a la...
6.4K 127 28
Y/n hates her job and wants to quit, unfortunately her boss is an a$$. She makes new friends - because of her work - and maybe even finds a new love...