With Someone Like Me

Από lonewolf_1912

Love. Something that I've always believed in. Something my mom taught me is the most beautiful, precious thi... Περισσότερα

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER : 1 - SHE'S SOMEONE WHOM IT'S HARD NOT TO MISS.
CHAPTER : 2 - A PLACE THAT'S CLOSER TO HER.
CHAPTER : 3 - REMEMBER ME.
~A/N~
CHAPTER : 5 - THOSE EYES, AND BATTLES.
CHAPTER : 6 - SWEET PAIN.
CHAPTER : 7 - IT'S TIME, TO LET A FEW SECRETS OUT.
A WORD FROM THE AUTHOR
CHAPTER : 8 - IT'S A HUGE DEAL YOU AREN'T RUSTICATED YET!
CHAPTER : 9 - SO, CRASHING DATES IS OUR THING?
CHAPTER : 10 - DEMONS FROM THE PAST.
Kashish
CHAPTER : 11 - WHERE WERE YOU THAT NIGHT?
CHAPTER : 12 - IT'S TIME TO SHOW THEM, WE ARE NOT TO BE MESSED WITH!
CHAPTER : 13 - I'M NOT A FIRECRACKER!
CHAPTER : 14 - COUPLE GOALS!
CHAPTER : 15 - ARYAN SAHNI, THE CHICK MAGNET.
CHAPTER : 16 - NEWS FLASH! HE'S INTO DUDES!
~A/N~
CHAPTER : 17 - LATE WAS YEARS AGO.
CHAPTER : 18 - SPEAK OF THE SHE DEVIL, AND SHE SHALL APPEAR.
CHAPTER : 19 - WHEN WOULD I HAVE YOU ALL TO MYSELF ?
CHAPTER : 20 - CAUSE OF DEATH : MY SMOULDERING LOOKS!
Author's note (important)

CHAPTER : 4 - WE ARE NEIGHBOURS!

651 49 30
Από lonewolf_1912

Chapter : 4 - We Are Neighbours!

"Take care of yourself bhai, don't worry about us or dadu." Taran embraced me and I put my bag down and I smiled a little patting her back.

"I promise I'll take care of dadu." She said pulling away but hanging to my arm.

"I know you will, I trust you." I said and she chuckled.

"And bhai, I'm very sure you'll win your Annu back. And please win her back I'm tired of seeing your sour face." She mocked and I hit her head playfully.

"I will win her back." I said as if assuring myself more than her.

"You will." She said smiling. "She's very lucky to have you, everyone can see from afar you belong to her. I never thought, you had this side in you."

"Which side?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"You know, this lover boy side. Honestly, I never thought you'd fall in love like this for someone. You were really different when you were here." She said looking at the tiled floor of the airport thinking deeply.

"Uh-huh." I said as a grin broke from my lips.

"Were you always this romantic or you changed?" She asked me and I sighed.

"Or did you act of being so carefree and cool and dating that-" she asked me with furrowed brows and I nudged her.

"Okay, enough of my past. But Taran, remember one thing. It might be late sometimes, to listen to your heart. But better it be late than rushing it. Give it sometime to figure out what it wants. What you feel for someone strongly is not always love. There's a very thin between falling in love with someone and feeling you fell in love with them. So, just be careful. Don't rush with your feelings. Okay?" I said her rubbing her cheek and she just nodded playfully and I huffed.

"You do understand what I'm trying to say right?" I asked her again and she punched my chest.

"Okay, okay! I do get it bhai, I know you are my big brother but you don't always have to get into the character. I know you're talking about Jahan, but trust me I know it. I love him bhai and he does too. I thought you'd understand, you are acting like dad. Right?" She asked me with an annoyed face.

"I understand Taran. But still, I'm your family. I'm your brother and I'd be worried for you. And I wouldn't even be here to keep an eye on you." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Geez. How I wish Annu had an elder brother and kept an eye on you. And warned her about you." She said started laughing.

"She did. And he was my best buddy. And how I really wish he warned about me and not the other way around. And he would have lived." I muttered to myself looking away.

"Hey, I was just kidding bhai. I'm sorry, I just forgot-"

"It's fine Taran, I didn't know why I said that." I smiled brightly at her trying to reassure. And she smiled back.

"Okay then, Aryan take care of yourself and your dad. And don't worry about your nanu. We're here for him. Just concentrate on your college. I'm sure you'll make us all proud." Maamu squeezed my shoulder standing behind me and I turned to him with a small smile.

"We are already very proud of him. He's a gem. A rarest one. Gurleen di would have been very happy to see him like this." Maami said to maamu while cupping my cheeks with tears in her eyes and I chuckled at her.

"Oye, don't laugh at me Nonu. Admit it you are just as emotional. Maybe more." Maami playfully slapped my cheek and I hugged her and a tear left her eye.

"I'll miss you maami. So much." I said to her.

"Haan, but just come here whenever you miss us. Keep calling us, don't forget us. We guys miss you so much. And please take care. Eat properly, I don't wanna see you so skinny like this. What must your mom be thinking, didn't I feed you properly?" She said and I giggled again.

"Maami, trust me you are the best. You are just like my mom." I said and she pecked my forehead.

"Don't make me cry now. And Taran, learn from him no one really appreciates me like my Nonu." She said and everyone laughed.

"Okay, whatever." Taran rolled her eyes and maami slapped her arm.

"Okay, I guess it's time we take our leave." My dad said and my uncle and aunt nodded and they talked something silently not sure about what.

I looked at the entrance of the airport waiting. Just in case, but maybe I had to give up my hope. He doesn't remember. He might never remember.

"Bhai, he is not coming." Taran said pursing her lips and I let out a breath.

"I know but- I- just felt, he might-" my voice cracked.

"We understand, beta. We tried to ask him, remind him but he did not remember and it was difficult to bring him along." Maamu said and I nodded.

"It's fine. Just keep updating us about him." I said containing my voice and my dad held my hand.

"Let's go, shall we?" He asked and I gave him a nod.

"Let's go." I said and moved along holding my luggage and dragging it along and clutching the strap of my bag pack. I walked away glancing at my family for one last time and took long strides as tears brimmed my eyes.

I couldn't look back. I can't. I knew I was weak. But I cannot break down. Not here. Not now. I walked holding my breath. My dad followed me.

As I was about to check in a voice called out and I stopped right in my tracks. This was what I needed. Just what I needed.

"Nonu!" The voice said. It was hoarse but it had all the emotions, affection and that was it. I turned my head and saw him. My nanu. He did come.

I dropped my bag pack to the ground and ran to him and embraced him tightly and he laughed. And it warmed my heart. And a frozen tear rolled out of my eye due to the warmth of his embrace.

"Nanu." I said and he pulled away to look at me and he smiled.

"So you planned on running away without even telling me?" His brows knitted and I shook my head quickly.

"Nanu I'm sorry, I actually- I- I didn't-" I shuttered nervously not sure what to say.

"I was just kidding, young man." He laughed and I grinned at him.

"Nanu, I could never leave without seeing you. But- I thought-" I rubbed my forehead.

"You thought I would not even come to see you off? I might have forgotten but I remembered. Like an instinct. And I couldn't stop myself so I came here." He said and I hugged him again.

"I'm more than happy that you are here." I smiled and looked at my dad and others.

"I will miss you so much my boy, but I know you have to leave. Just remember, I'm always with you. And I promise to remember you. I'll try my best. Just promise me you'll come back again to see me." He said and I nodded again.

"I promise nanu. I promise." I said and hugged him for one last time.

"Good bye Nonu. Rab raakha." He said and touched his feet and took a step back.

"Good bye nanu." I said and waved off with a smile on my face.

My dad put his arm on my shoulder holding out my bag which I took and walked ahead waving one last good bye to my family. A genuine smile creep on my face and I moved forward with my dad.

"Ready to get back to your life in India?" My dad smiled at me after I've buckled my seat belt.

"Like never before." I said as the flight took off. So I guess, I need to pick up where I left off.

                *****************************

"Aryan!" Arjun called out and waved at me and I walked towards him and gave me a bear hug.

"How are you?" I asked hugging him back and he chuckled.

"I'm good. But you don't exactly look the same." He said taking in my looks and I huffed.

"I know man, I'm tired. Just drive dad and I, home he must be exhausted too." I said and he nodded and then went to dad taking his baggage from him.

"Well, how's everything here? Your college and all?" Dad asked him.

"All well, bade papa. College has started and we're just waiting for this semester to be over. It's exhausting with academics and then football. Especially when Mr captain decided to bail out on me right a month before the main match." Arjun said glaring at me as he turned the wheel to the left entering into our apartment.

"I see." Dad said giving me a glance and Arjun finally parked and we got out and walked into the lobby, near the elevators and waited. Arjun and dad talked and I couldn't pay attention as my insides stirred and my stomach knotted with unknown restlessness. Probably coz of jetlag I repeatedly told myself and leaned my forehead on the cold granite near the elevator.

The feeling grew, and I felt my heart race and I punched the cold granite and waited till the elevator reached the ground floor. As soon as the elevator tinged I lifted my bag to the shoulder and lifted my eyes as the doors of the elevator opened.

And my heart literally skipped a beat.

There she is, standing in the elevator wearing a cream breezy kurti and jeans. Her soft long hair were in a messy bun and the loose tendrils escaped making her look more stunning. She seemed little different, she must have, lost some... weight?

Her expression changed and her breathe hitched in her throat as our eyes met. Her stunning brown eyes. Those deep brown eyes, almost looking black. How I could drown in them. Her eyes remind me of the black coffee. One sip of it and I'm over, damned for my whole life. But I kept drinking in her eyes. 

I couldn't move my eyes from hers, neither could she. I just knew it. Her eyes could speak everything, that her lips could not, and mine told how miserable I was without her.

Her lips.

I battled the urge not to look at those plumpy, slightly red lips. Those were red from her constant biting. She tends to do that a lot when she's nervous or awkward or deep in thought. And especially when she blushed. And that was my breaking point. Her lips.

My eyes were locked with hers and I stood frozen as the time stopped. Everything else stopped moving. It was just us. She sunk her teeth into her fuller bottom lip and cussed inside my head how I wished it were mine biting her lip instead of hers. Damn.

And just like that the moment was over. Cut short by an ear shattering scream.

"Aryaaaaaaan!" Abby's voice boomed in the lobby as she ran from Annu's side and hugged me.

Oh I totally, didn't  see her in the elevator.

"God! How are you? I was so worried! Were you even alive? I missed you dude! Seems like you don't even miss us! And you do look different. Wait a minute... infact much hotter. Except the eyebags though." She said and I just do anything except giving her a weak smile.

I just couldn't fight it, my eyes found their way back to her. It would be rude. But I can't help it. She was so beautiful, precious. My Annu. And how I longed to see her. I suddenly feel complete just by being around her presence. The knots in my stomach explodes and a thousands of butterflies fluttered in my stomach. And sweat dripped my forehead and my skin burned to touch hers.
I placed my shakey palm on my chest as my heart was beating out of my chest. I knew everyone could hear it. Could she hear it? I wondered.

My remained on her even though Abby was rambling something. I couldn't make out what she was even saying. All I could hear was my own heart beat. She lowered her eyes and then looked away and then I felt it. The painful stake through my heart. It hurt more than anything. Not being able to look into her dark eyes.

But she kept biting her lip. And my lip trembled as I watched her do that. I had this urge to rush to her, pin her to the elevator and lift her chin so she looks into my eyes. And then kiss her like the world is shattering. God! I couldn't touch her lips with mine at this moment and I couldn't breathe.

I licked my lips and gulped as unsettling thoughts crept into my mind. I shook my head and I felt Abby tugged at my arm and I still couldn't convince my eyes to look away from her. I internally whined and hesitantly looked down at Abby.

"Are you okay, Aryan? You look sick, and you are shaking... and sweating? What happened?" She asked and I shook my head and peeked at Anaaya under my lashes. She was talking to dad. She tucked her stray tendrils with her long slender fingers and my heart flipped at the sight.

Something is seriously wrong with me.

"Hello! Aryan! I'm talking to you!" Abby waved her hand in my face and I felt like pulling her red braid for disturbing my sight.

I'm sorry Abby, but please let me look at her in peace! Please!

"I'm fine, Abby." I said as more words couldn't escape my throat. It was dry all of a sudden.

"So, weren't you excited? I'm sure Arjun told you."

"Told you what?" I asked absent-mindedly my eyes again going back to Anaaya.

"That we're neighbours now. We moved her a week ago. Ana and I." She said and I turned to her and raised my brows.

"Yes, we live in this building now. Surprise, surprise!" She said and I choked on my breath.

What? 

I couldn't register the fact that she lived in the same building. Much closer to me. The thought warmed my heart and raced it at the same time. I couldn't react and I stood frozen without moving my feet nor mouth. My eyes still plastered on her.

"So, this is what I wanted to say to you but thought let it be a surprise." Arjun said smiling.

"It's indeed a surprise." I said to myself.

Did Annu agree to stay here, in the same building as me? How did she even agree to stay in the same building? Did you not cared about me? Or am I overthinking? 

I was busy staring at the floor and thinking about it. Annu really had no problem with staying close to me. So much for not wanting to see my face at all, right?

For the first time since I saw her again a smile broke from the corner of my lips. And I turned to look at her.

And it was short lived. It died as so as it formed.

I clenched my fists tightly as Siraj walked to her and squeezed her shoulder. And that was it.

All I saw was red. And I knew, he's dead. Just dead.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

264K 3.8K 30
Rajveer is not in love with Prachi and wants to take revenge from her . He knows she is a virgin and is very peculiar that nobody touches her. Prachi...
1.1M 100K 41
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
521K 42.6K 20
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...
736K 61.5K 33
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...