Just Because of a Coffee Cup

SomeoneFromHell

Melanie Carter is 26 years old. She had graduated from University 2 years ago and now she is working in a suc... Еще

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14. part 1
Chapter 14. part 2
Chapter 15
Epilogue

Chapter 3

9.5K 277 17
SomeoneFromHell

Chapter 3

I was ready for work and walked in the office building. I greeted everyone who greeted me.

I hang my coat and headed to the office. I knocked three times, as always, and walked in. I place the black coffee on the desk. David was already sitting at his place.

" Good morning, David! " I said and sat on one of the chairs. " Good morning, Melanie! " he said back. " Is something wrong? " I asked. " Oh, no. Everything is fine. It's just... you won't be here. " he said.

WHAT?!

" What do you mean, I won't be here? Are you or Charlotte firing me? " I asked with shock. " OH GOD, NO! Of course not! Don't you ever think like that. You are the best PA, that has ever worked here. We could never fire you. " David said. " Then what is it? Why won't I be here? " I asked. " Today's the charity ball. And today, you will take your friend, Cassandra, and will have a day at spa and you will buy a great gown for tonight." David said.

" But..." I started. " No buts. Go and have a rest. You need to look fabulous for tonight. " he said. " And I already called Cassandra. She will be..." he was cut off by the door. I turned around and saw my best friend walking through the door. I got up and we hugged.

" Hey, babe! Ready to go? " she asked. I looked at David. He just nodded. I sighed. " I guess I am. "

First we visited the mall. Cassandra knew a shop for elegant gowns. When I saw, the shop, I froze in the spot. I knew the title. It was the best gown shop in the world. I mean, every rich person shopped in here. 

I didn't even get to looked at one dress, when Cass put a pile of dresses on my hands. " Go! Try them on! " she demanded and I walked to the dressing room.

I slipped off my work clothes and pulled on the first dress. It was black with sleeves and the back was cut out. It came very tight on the chest area and waist. But down from the waist it was all flowy.

I opened the curtains and stepped out.

" Oh, Dear Lord! Burn that thing! " Cassandra yelled and I quickly got back in and closed the curtains.

The next one was pink. This one was thighter than the previous one. It had short sleeves, but this one had the back. From the waist it was still tight. I could barely breathe and move. I opened the curtains. " I can't breathe. " I said. " Then change. We don't have all day, babe! " she said and I closed the curtains.

I was trying on many dresses. Some of them were too loose and some of them were too tight. I was putting on my last dress.

It was blue and starpless. The chest heart shaped. It was mid-tight and the sides were cut out. And they were making an 'x' on the back. It had silver lines around the cut sides. It had a long split, that showed my left leg.

I walked out of the dressing room. Cassandra was looking for other dresses. I walked where she was and stood. " I'm ready! " I said. Everyone in the shop looked at me.

" Oh, my. I know who is going to be crawling to your feet! " Cass said. I heard whistles and I looked to the exit. There were young boys standing and whistling to me. I instantly was crimson red.

" Melanie, we just found your dress. " Cassy said and smiled.

After we bought the dress, we headed to spa. Cassandra knew a great place and we were going there.

" Hey, Jess! I called you earlier. Are they ready? " Cassandra asked to a girl. She was in our age. " Yes. Emily will show you the way and you can get ready. They will be ready in 10 minutes. " she said and Cassy nodded.

A blonde girl showed up and showed us a way to dressing room. While we were taking off our clothes, Cassandra wanted to know everything.

"So, I can see that Davis is back in his chair. What's going on between you two?" Cassandra asked. She knew very well that David has been asking me on dates and I am rejecting them.

"Nothing is going on. Yesterday one girl came and tried to have sex with him in front of my eyes. I called the security and we got her out. After that I checked if he is Ok, and he said... He basicaly said he is in love with me." I answered.

We went to the massage room and layed down on the beds. Soon two good looking guys came in and started their work.

Cass and I talked about many things. After about 4 hours, headed home. We both enjoyed the massage and the shopping. Cassandra told me that she will do my hair and make-up.

I heard my phone ring and saw David calling me. "Hello?" I answered. "Hey, Melanie." I heared David's voice. " Is something wrong? " I asked. " No, everything is fine. I am just calling to tell you, that I won't be there to pick you up from your house. I will send my driver. " David said. " Oh, ok. Then... I'll see you at the ball. " I said. " Yeah. See ya. " David said and hang up. I put my phone back on the coffee table.

" Who was it? " Cassandra asked. " David. He said he won't pick me up for the ball but he will send his driver. " I answered. She nodded.

We were talking for many hours and then Cassandra pushed me in the bathroom and told me to wash my body and hair. I used my vanilla soap and rubbed it on my body. And for hair... I used vanilla shampoo. I really like vanilla.

After I was done, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom. Cass was already sitting on the edge of my bed. " Finally. How much time does it take for you to wash your hair and body? " she asked. " I used conditioner too. " I answered. " Still. " She said. " Ok. Let's start with your hair. Go sit in that chair. " Cass said and I went to sit in the chair at my desk.

Cassandra blow dried my hair and the I saw her curling iron. After some time, when the hair were done in curls to perfection, she made a small braid and in the back and and made all my hair on the left said, leaving my right shoulder and my back bare.

Then she started to do my face. She applied some foundation and then started my eyes. She made my eyes look smokey. She applied dark red lipstick.

When Cass was done with me, she told me to put on the dress. I went inside the bathroom with de dress and clean underwear. I put everything on and walked out to get heels.

" So. You are going to wear grey Louboutins with glitters. And, I got some jewels for you. " she said. I saw the heels on the bed, I went and put them on.

" So, these diamond earrings - my grandma gave them when I turned 18. And the matching diamond necklace was given me by my mom. I want them back. " Cass explained. I nodded.

I put in the earrings and Cass put the necklace around my neck. It was simple, but still looked extravagant. " Put on this wrap and take it off as soon as you step inside. " she said and I nodded again.

" Remember, you need to find a man. So, flirt if you are seeing someone hot. " Cassandra said with a smile. I smiled back. We hugged.

I heard the door and took my purse. It was the driver.

He opened the door for me and I got inside the car. In a moment we were driving.

I got out of the car and saw thousands of paparazzi. I walked in the building, and took off the wrap. I looked around and spotted... Charlotte? What is she doing here? Isn't she supposed to be sick? I walked over to her.

" Charlotte? What are you doing here? " I asked. " I came to the event. I told you we are both comming here. " She answered. She sounded fine. " But David said you got some flu. " I started. " Oh, I was feeling bad only in the evening. I told him to come on Tuesday, and yesterday... I decided to be lazy. " she explained. I nodded. " Good. I'm happy your Ok. " I said.

We went to sit at the table, that was given to us. I saw David already sitting there. He saw us and got up. "Good evening, Melanie. You look beautiful, as always. " he said and pulled out the chair for me.

I put my purse on the table and looked around. There were 2 more empty seats. There was us three, the two people from the 'Virgin' company, two people from some other company and then the two empty seats. Either, they haven't arrived yet, they haven't been at the table or they won't be here.

Soon the lights were turned off and the stage lit up and a person showed up on it. The man started to thank everyone for being here.

Sudenly two people sat at the empty seats. It was dark, so I couldn't see their faces. Looks like I am going to wait until the lights are turned back on.

Soon the man stopped talking and wished us good appetite. The lights were turned back on.

I finally saw the two people. I leaned closer to Charlotte to tell her who they are but I was cut off.

"Hello, Dorian!" Charlotte spoke. "Hello, Charlotte!" The man said. It was Dorian Grey. With his, I guess assistant, Alexander Brown. I hope he won't ask me about the suit, because it will be ready only on Saturday. Not tomorrow.

Alexander hadn't looked at my direction yet. I wonder why.

"So, how have you been these years?" Dorian asked. "Never better." Charlotte said. "And the best part is, I didn't even miss you. High school is long forgotten." She added. Did they know each other in school?

" Oh. That hurt. I thought that being..." Dorian started but wss cut off by Charlotte. "Do not even think about saying. Being player's best friend wasn't anything good." She said.

Ohhh...

Soon waiters came and gave us starters. They were a simple salad. I felt someone stare at me. I looked up and saw Alexander's eyes on me. More like, my chest. I guess he is a player too. Just like his boss.

He probably felt my eyes on him and he looked up. He stared right into my soul. It was like he was reading my mind and all my darkest secrets.

"So, how is my suit doing?" He finally spoke with a smirk on his face. I was taken aback from this question. "He is fine." I lied.  "That's great!" He said. I wanted to smack that smirk away from that face.

~~~ some time later ~~~

Cassandra took my hand and dragged me away from the table. We walked inside the rest room and she quickly checked if there is someone in the stalls.

"So, Dorian's assistant is the guy with the suit? " she asked. "Y-yes." I answered. Why was she asking me about this?

"I need you to do something. I can pay you bigger amount of money for this job, if you want, but nobody can know about it." She said.  "What is going on??? Do you want me to sleep with Dorian? " I asked.

"Kind of. But not with Dorian. With his assistant. I heard that Alexander Brown is single. I want you to flirt with him and go out with him. If you want, you can sleep with him, but the thing is... If you will be with him, you will be at his house and you can hear some things about Dorian's work and may be see some papers. " Charlotte ssid.

WHAT?!?!?!

"You want me to play with him? Pretend that I like him? Even have sex with him? Just so you could find out about Dorian's aims? " I asked. "Yes. He has been spending his entire career to ruin my business. Now I know how to ruin his. And I saw how Alexander was staring at your chest. It shouldn't be that hard to get his attention." She said.

Will I agree to become a slut, just so we could ruin Grey Inc.?

"Ok. I'll see what I can do. But if he will want only sex, then I am out of this job. " I said. "Ok. But thank you, Melanie. I really appreciate that you will try something. " Charlotte said.

We walked back to the table and I placed my purse on the table and walked to search for a bar. If I am going to do something like that, then I have to get something to drink.

Lucky for me, I found the bar easily and went over to it. There weren't many people. The waiter asked for my order. "Burbon, please!" I said.

The waiter put a glass with burbon in front of me and I took a sip of it.

"A woman like you shouldn't drink drinks like that." I heard a voice said. I turned my head and saw Alexander.

"A woman like me? " I asked.

"Yes." He answered.

"May I know, what kind of woman am I? " I asked.

He looked into my eyes. " You are... you... you are an elegant young woman, who wants to show the best side of her. You are hard working  because you want to deserve the money you are earning. " Alexander said in a mere second.

"Oh. But may be I am wild. " I said.

"Let's see on the dance floor. " he said and reached out his hand. I took it. He led me on the dance floor.

First he spinned me around and the pulled me with force that I run into his hard chest. His right hand sneaked around my waist. I felt his fingers on my bare back. The other hand took my right hand and we started to dance. Our bodies were pressed together. They fit perfectly together.

"You think you are wild? I think you aren't as wild as you think. You like elegant things. " Alexander said.

"Oh. But just because I am wearing this dress tonight doesn't mean that I am elegant. May be I hate this dress so much I am ready to rip it off my body any second now. Even though, the underwear I am wearing under the dress is very transparent." I said.

Did I just said that? I heard him supress a grown and I swear, I felt something stiffen down there. I hope it wasn't a certain part of his body.

I felt him lean closer. I felt his breath on my bare neck. "I can help you get it off, if you hate it that much." He whispered in my ear and then I felt a kiss on my shoulder. I felt my knees go weak. I closed my eyes. Suddenly the thought of us having sex wasn't that bad anymore. I blushed.

Alexander pulled back and spinned me again befor he pulled me in his hard chest again.

I did not know what to answer. He probably was thinking that I am thinking about us having sex. Which was actually true.

"Let's change the subject. About your suit. It will be ready only on Saturday. " I started. "Oh. That's bad. " Alexander said. "Then you will collect my suit on Saturday. Then, give me your adress. I will go and get it from you. " he added.

Should I give him my adress?

I told Alexander my adress. He spinned me again and pulled me back to his chest. "Can I know your name?" He asked. "Melanie Carter. " I answered. " I like your name. My name is Alexander Brown." he said. I already knew that.

Alexander pulled away and I could finally see his face. "Let's go somewhere else. We need to talk." He said and started to drag me somewhere.

We walked in an elevator. Alexander pressed the button 28 and the doors closed. The ride up was silent but he hadn't let go of my hand. All this time he was holding me. I have to admit, I liked the feeling what he gave me by just holding my hand. I don't know how long I can pretend I love or like him. What if in the end I will actually fall for him?

The door opened and we stepped out. We came to a door and Alexander entered a code and the door opened. We went inside the room.

There was a bed and a huge table in the middle of the room. In front of me was a window. I looked behind my back and saw Alexander lock the door.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Can I offer you some drink? I have champagne." Alexander said.

"Ok. Thank you." I agreed and sat on the table.

Alexander opened the bottle and poured the drink in the glasses. He gave one to me.

"You wanted to talk? " I asked.

"Yes. Actually I did. Were you trying to seduce me on the dance floor?" He asked.

"What makes you think like that?" I asked.

"The way you talked about your dress. It sounded like you wanted for me to take it off. " Alexander said.

"Oh. You think I want to have sex with you?" I asked again.

"It sounded like that. Do you? " he asked. Of course I want to have sex with you Alexander Brown. I want you more than anything.

"No. I don't." I said.

"Your mouth says one thing but your eyes say something else. " Alexander stated.

"Why do you think that?" I asked.

"Because, I can see when people are lying. And what you just said, those are called lies." He explained. Shit.

"So you are saying that I want to have sex with you? " I asked.

"Yes. That is exactely what I'm saying. " He said.

"So you are calling me a slut? " I asked.

"No. I am not calling you a slut. How can I call you a slut if, may be, you are a virgin. " he said.

"Well, for your information, I am not a virgin. " I stated.  That's true. I lost my virginity in a party with a guy I met for the first time.

"That's great. I like when women are experienced. " Alexander said.

"Oh. But I like when men aren't thinking only about sex." I said and hopped off the table.

I placed the glass on the table. I walked pass him but I felt him grip my arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Away from you." I answered and looked at him.

He started to come closer to me and I started to step back. Until I was against the wall. I could see door on the wall next to where I was.

Alexander put one arm around my waist and the other was against the wall next to my head. He was looking right into my eyes.

His face was so close to my face that I could feel his breath. "Are you sure you don't want to stay with me?"Alexander whispered. I closed my eyes. I wanted him to kiss me.  I knew I have to answer.

I could feel how his head moves to one side and the next moment I felt his lips kissing my neck. His hand was going up and down my body. No. I cannot do this. I had to stop him. I opened my mouth to say to him to stop but instead a moan broke through my mouth.

I heard Alexander grown. He pressed his body closer to mine and I could feel something hard against my waist. That helped another moan escape my mouth. I bit my lip to stop other moans to break through. I had to stop.

"Alexander..." I started. "Stop..." I tried to continue. "I...d-don... " and them a moan came out. He was still sucking and kissing my neck. I think he is going to leave a hickey.

"Don't... I don't... want...you..." I finally finished. That made him stop.

"Don't say what you don't mean." Alexander said and I gathered all my strenght to push him away. Lucky for me, I succeeded.

I quickly straightened my clothes and ran away. Before the door slammed shut, I heared him say:"Wait!"

I ran to the elevator and the door opened. I pressed the ground button. I saw Alexander running to me. Thank God he didn't made it to the elevator because the door closed faster.

I stepped out of the elevator and went to get my purse. I am leaving this place.

I took my purse and saw Charlotte approaching me. "Did something happen?" She asked.

"No. Everything is fine. I'm just tired. Let's talk in the morning. " I said.

"About that. Take tomorrow free. Rest. And I know you need to think about what I asked you." Charlotte said.

"Oh. Ok. Thank you. Then, see you on Monday." I said. She nodded. I walked to the exit.

The woman standing there gave me my wrap. I walked out of the building and the driver was waiting for me. I got in the car and we headed home.

Where have I gotten myself into?

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Billionaire Jerk Ruth Philip

Художественная проза

51.8K 1.6K 39
Daniella Robert gets the surprise of her life finding out that she was married to a guy she really didn't know anything about after having a night of...
Not Really Mine Zahra_ml

Любовные романы

354K 13.7K 31
"What are you getting at son?" His father watched both of us warily. "She's not really My-" the word was about to slip out of his mouth. I wouldn't...
Mateo - # Wattys 2017 Amanda Young

Любовные романы

302K 11.2K 31
Lucy Mathews didn't quite know what she was getting into when she agreed to be the personal assistant of Mateo D'Amico. Surly she didn't think she'd...
50.2K 2K 26
"You're beautiful Elise" "Zach, please..." I smiled when she called me Zach. It was always Zachary or Mr. Walton and when she called me Zach I... "Za...