Serendipity

De Exitian

Nam Dosan is a long-rumored womanizer, Seo Dalmi is an indisputable powerful woman. Both are CEOs, gorgeous a... Mais

Chapter 1: Martini and Scotch
Chapter 2: Mystery man and Mystery woman
Chapter 3: Run and Follow
Chapter 4: Words and feelings
Chapter 5: Dysfunctional and broken
Chapter 6: First time and forever
Chapter 7: Bare to bear
Chapter 8: Fill in to feel it
Chapter 9: Inception as deception
Chapter 10: Mishap vs. mistake
Chapter 12: Sexual frustration
Chapter 13: Step back
Chapter 14: Scattered papers
Chapter 15: Push and Pull
Chapter 16: Could never
Chapter 17: Finale

Chapter 11: Partner

367 25 0
De Exitian

"Saha, I'm leaving." Dalmi announced as she reached her best friend and Chulsan.

"What-why? You only just got here." Saha frowned at the redness of her best friend's cheeks and the upset in her eyes.

"I- don't feel too good," she lied as she turned slightly to her left to see Dosan coming through the doors she had just rushed through.

Following Dalmi's gaze, Saha realized what had caused this sudden out burst.

"What did he do?" Saha demanded, noting Dalmi seeming more panicked as he neared them.

"Nothing. I'm leaving. Mianhae I couldn't stay Chulsan-ah, it was nice to see you again." She nodded as she was about to turn and leave.

"You should go with her," Chulsan muttered as they watched Dalmi go, his girlfriend looking helpless.

"You don't mind?" she asked, running her hand down the lapels of his suit.

"Ne. She needs you and I think Dosanie might need me too." He gestured over his shoulder to Dosan who was currently finishing another glass of amber liquid.

"I'll call you tomorrow?" Saha promised as she moved in to kiss Chulsan on the lips.

"Sounds good."

Without another word, Saha was rushing after Dalmi, catching her just before she slipped into the car.

"Talk to me, Dalmi-ya". Saha begged as she sat next to her friend, watching her cool exterior sit calmly.

"There is nothing else to say. I want to forget everything from the past three weeks and move on."

"Please?" She turned and asked with slight plead in her voice.

Saha studied Dalmi in front of her and truthfully, she didn't recognize who she saw.

She of all people knew when it was time to just be there for her friend but this wasn't it. She didn't need comforting; she needed pushing in the right direction.

As much as she hated to admit it, even though Dalmi was totally unaware of Nam Dosan's past, she knew that the spiral she saw before her was for a reason. Dalmi didn't react like this to any man she had dated. She could lie to herself all she deemed but Saha could tell from the look in her eyes that the last thing Dalmi wanted was to forget.

"What about Chulsan's birthday on Saturday?" Saha reminded.

"He doesn't dictate where I can and can't go. Chulsan is a friend and I will be there," Dalmi announced sternly, turning back to the window, the conversation now dry.

___________

Leaving Saha in the car and wishing her goodnight, Dalmi wanted nothing more than to submerge her exhausted body in the scolding heat of a bath.

As she stepped out into her home from the elevator, her tired eyes immediately placed upon the man sat on her chaise lounge. Cursing him, her proceeding further into her home.

"Get out!" she spat simply, not even bothering to keep up any sort of politeness.

"You may want to hear what I have to say first..."

"Nothing that comes out of your mouth is remotely interesting to me."

He smiled evilly and stood from his seat.

"Nam Dosan will only fuck you and leave you. That's what he does. He's a womanizer and always will be." He laughed as Dalmi frowned, not wanting to hear anymore.

"Why do you care?" she accused.

"Because Seo Dalmi deserves better. And well- I need a partner..." he added with an optimistic smirk.

"This is priceless! You used me for twelve months and leave without a word!"

It was like venom as she approached him.

"My family protected you for months and you stole from me. My trust and my family's power. And now you want me to be a piece in your sordid little scheme? Get the fuck out of my home." She pushed him in the chest.

"You know it wasn't intentional. I did care- but some very bad people were after me, Dalmi-ya. I would have done the same for you." He protested, straightening his suit.

"Aniya, Yongsan-ah. That's where you're wrong. You only care about your own personal gain. You had me believe we had a future- whatever you're plotting against Nam Dosan, don't bother."

She almost pitied the pathetic man that stood before her.

"You don't know what he did to me, Dal-" he tried but she only stopped him with more words.

"I don't care what happened between you two. I will not have you ruin someone else like you did me. Nam Dosan maybe a lot of things but I know he's a good man. You stay away from him."

She had no idea why she was saying this. It wasn't her priority to protect the anonymous billionaire, she didn't care. At least that's what she wanted to believe.

"I thought you didn't care?" He tormented.

"I care enough to help a friend of a friend... unlike the piece of dirt standing in front of me."

"Oh, I'm hurt!" he replied, dripping with sarcasm.

"Whatever you are planning, just know that I will be one step ahead of you. I won't let you win this time."

She didn't say anymore as he sniggered and pushed past her to leave.

Just as she thought it was over, about to relieve the breath she had been holding, she heard his voice once more.

"It's ironic really... the virgin Queen Dalmi falls for the womanizer. Who have thought the once uptight bitch would fall in love with a guy who fucks anything with a pulse!"

Dosan was no way a womanizer, she knew better. Whatever Dosan may have done, she felt inclined to be near him, protect him and even though this was just a deal of principle, she would get to spend time with him and right now she didn't feel strong enough to deny herself that simple pleasure.

"Shut up!"

Halmeoni came out rushing from her room after hearing the heated argument.

"Wae? What happened?" Halmeoni asked worriedly. "Dalmi-ya?"

"Please don't let him enter our house again, Halmeoni. Yongsan's no longer welcome here since ages ago." she calmly told her grandma.

It could wait until the morning; she noted and instead, pulled her tired body in the direction of her sanctuary.

___________

The next day, Dosan tried. Replaying it over and over in his head only made his chest soar. Dalmi had run for the third time. The first two were expected or at least a little calculated but not the third. He was readily set in giving up, just as she had wanted.

"Sajangnim, a Seo Dalmi wants to see you?" the secretary with legs for days announced after knocking on Dosan's door, smiling contently as she did so.

"Dalmi-ya. What are you doing here?" he asked, immediately standing from his seat and greeting her into the room, a spark of hope registering in his features.

"To help you." She began vaguely, keeping her footing by the door she had just entered.

"Mwo? With what? I- thought-" he stuttered but the moment her eyes dropped to the floor, he knew that was the last things she had come for.

"This is nothing more than a business arrangement. Kim Yongsan is coming after you and I want to be there when we win."

"I am fully aware Kim Yongsan wants to play dirty but I can fight my own battles, Dalmi-ya." He swore, finding himself lent against the side of his desk.

"I don't doubt that but I want payback and this is the perfect way to do it." She nodded, of course he could fight his own battles, but she wanted to be there.

"What did he do to you?" he asked cautiously; even the thought of Dalmi and Yongsan sharing touch made his stomach sick.

"He stole a year of my life, my trust and my money."

"You?" she added, eyeing the way he stood now, almost protective of the news he had just heard.

"He stole money from a lot of people, myself included. I set some people on his trail who wanted him more than I did, and now the bitter bastard wants even. I'm fine sharing the last laugh with you." He explained with a small glint of mystery in his eyes.

The guilt of knowing his own intentions crept over him. Yes he wanted to protect himself from Yongsan and he was willing to do anything for this beautiful woman but in retrospect, he didn't care about the money. He just knew that this meant he would be able to know his scheming partner, know the brains behind the beauty. This was a way in, he thought guiltily as her smirked at her offer, waiting for the perfect response.

"Okay. Let's get him."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

222K 6K 33
Kim taehyung, a very rich CEO was forced to marry a women who have a daughter But things don't go well, both souls were having feelings for each othe...
4.2K 69 7
Namjoon is a highly ethical but equally unorthodox Professor who never crosses a line unless you erase it yourself. And once you do so, Namjoon unlea...
204K 4.5K 200
COMPLETED [UNEDITED] Is there hate at first sight? Jennie Kim is a hikikomori who rarely goes sees the daylight. If she wants food, she will order it...
409 28 4
❝𝗦𝗛𝗘'𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗗𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗦!❞ 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵 ⌗⚚₎ Yurim Baek never expected to die the way she did, neither did she e...