The New Royal Blood (Book 1)

De purdynerd

The royal family in England is looking for new blood, as in new blood lines. They've searched all throughout... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
NEWSSS!!!!

Chapter 13

14.6K 545 120
De purdynerd

The rest of the week passes in a blur. I have the same routine every day. Get up, take a bath, get dressed, go back to my room, get dressed for lunch, go to lunch, go back to my room, hang out with Alexa and Rose, get ready for dinner, go to dinner, go to bed. The only exciting thing that has happened is Daxton going on dates with some of the other girls. Which is only exciting for them. This morning, Charlotte announced that every month we are here, our families may visit us once. Many of the girls were excited about that and wanted to see their families tomorrow. Charlotte decided it'd be best if all of our families came tomorrow and that's exactly what they are doing. Now I lie in bed, excitement coursing through my veins. I'm going to see my family tomorrow. I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. I toss and turn for what seems like forever before I finally get up and decide to sit on the balcony. The cool air kisses my arms and I shiver.

When I got selected, I never would have thought I would be grateful for it. I have four wonderful friends who do anything for me...at least I hope they would. I thought Daxton would be stuck up, rude, and mean. But instead he's humble, sweet, and kind. I mean, he did get me that beautiful journal. The journal! I had forgotten all about it. I go back inside and throw the cushin off the couch. There, underneath, lies my beautiful journal and pen that I haven't wrote anything in. I go back to my bed, bring my journal with me. I open the gorgeous book. After thinking for a second, I write:

A Happy Ending would be:

Finding someone to love me forever. He would love me at worst and always be there for me. We would get married and find a small quaint house out in the country. We would have two kids that we would homeschool. One girl and one boy. They would be bestfriends with their cousins. My husband and I would grow old together. And if I died, he know that I just went to heaven to wait for him. And once he died, we'd be reunited.

I finish writing my little fantasy, smiling. I close the book and put it, with the pen, in a drawer by my nightstand. I lie down and fall asleep with dreams of a happy ending.

**********

The next day is very hectic. We were told that our parents would arrive around one, which meant sometime after lunch. While my maids get me dressed, I remember something I've been wanting to ask them.

"Ladies, would it be any trouble to make me a pair of shorts?" I ask and they all look stunned.

"As pajama's?" I say and seeming to understand, they nod.

"They will be ready tonight, miss," Cecily says. I thank them and leave for breakfast.

The Eating Room is buzzing with excitement. All of the girls are talking about their familes or what they're going to show them.

"Oh, I can't wait to meet your family," Rose exclaims once I've sat down.

"I can't wait to meet your either," I joke and she laughs.

"Camry, if your families anything like you, we're all going to hide," Daxton says.

"Oh, shut up," I joke and everyone laughs.

"I really can't wait to see my family," Alexa says joining us.

"I know, it seem's like I haven't seen them in months," I say and she nods.

"How long are they staying?" Alexa asks Rose.

"They stay stay one week every month," she replies as we all finish our breakfast. On my way out, someone grabs my arm.

"Camry," Daxton says and I turn around.

"Yeah?"

"You wanna hang out till lunch?" he asks.

"What are would we do?" I wonder.

"We could walk around the castle," he says.

"Okay but after an hour, we have to back to my room and hang out," I say.

"Why?" he wonders as we make out way up the staircase.

"Because my maids take a whole hour getting me ready," I say.

"Why don't you just wear what you have one? You look great in it," he says. I chose to ignore his comment.

"My maids have already prepared a dress," I explain.

"Then just wear it tomorrow," he suggests.

"You don't understand. My maids have got all the dresses I'm supposed to wear for the next month. For all I know, I won't be here next month," I say.

"Why would you say that?" he wonders as we roam the halls.

"You've got to narrow it down sometime. I know you got rid of 16 girls this week but you have to keep narrowing it down. I just thought that I would probably be the next to go," I say and he shakes his head, stopping.

"Camry, you are one of my closest friend. You, Alexa, James, and Rose. The Fearsome Five. I don't think I could ever let my only two friends outside of my family go," he says and I duck my head.

"What about finding you wife?" I ask.

"I think I've already found her, it's just a matter of her loving me back," Daxton says and I look up at him.

"Daxton, any girl would be lucky to marry you and she'd love you no matter what," I assure him and he nods.

"You're right, I bet she does love me," he says, sounding more confident.

"Soooo, who is she?" I tease.

"I'm not telling you," he laughs and takes off down the hall.

"I know who it is," I call after him and he freezes, seeming scared of my answer.

"Who?" he calls back.

"Rose," I yell and run toward him. I collide into him and we both fall on the ground.

"How did you know I loved Rose? I never told a soul," he jokes and we both erupt into laughter. We lay side by side on the carpeted floor until we hear footsteps.

"What are you to doing on the floor?" Rose asks.

"Oh look, there's your girlfriend," I joke.

"Shut up," he says and we quickly get up.

"Really, though, why were you on the floor?" she asks again.

"We fell," I state.

"Would you happen to know what time it is?" Daxton asks her.

"Last time I checked almost ten thirty," she says.

"We have to go," I say, grabbing Daxton's hand and pulling him back towards my room.

"Do you know where we are?" Daxton asks.

"Nope," I say.

"Then let me lead," he says and guides me through the numerous halls. Finally we stop in front of my door and we both slip inside.

"Miss, you need to get ready," Cecily says and then notices Daxton.

"Your Majesty," they all curtsey.

"Ladies," he says and sits down on my bed. My maids turn back to me a question on their faces.

"Don't I have to get ready?" I ask and they nod, ushering me into the bathroom.

I feel them braiding my hair and then twisting it up and then curling it. I look in the mirror and see that they've done an intricate braid and then put it up in a bun. Some pieces hang out and they are curled. Josee does my makeup, which only means making my eyelashes longer. Charlotte instructed all of the maids to have simple but elegant dresses for lunch and extragavent dresses for dinner. The dress they pull out is gorgeous. I slip it on. The straps come around my neck and then settle into a sweetheart neckline. In the front, the dress goes down to my knees and in the back it leaves a trail behind me. The top of the dress is gold and then it fades into a red color. The red color then fades into a gray and the gray fades into a black. When I move the fabric seems to shimmer.

"Guys, this looks beautiful," I say turning.

"Thanks, miss. Now go ask the prince if he likes it," they say.

I stand in the doorway of the bathroom. Daxton lies sprawled on my bed. He stares up at the ceiling deep in thought. I clear my throat. He sits up. His eye's widen and his mouth falls open.

"Whattya think?" I say twirling.

"You...you look stunning," he says and I smile.

"Thanks but I'm starving. Can we go to lunch?" I ask.

"Of course, love," he says grabbing my hand.

"Don't start," I warn and he chuckles.

He leads me down the stairs and into the Eating Room. All the girls glare daggers. At first I'm not sure why, but then I realize that Daxton and I are together, holding hands. I try to pull my hand out of his but his grip is firm. He finally lets go so that we can sit in our seats. All of our friends share knowing smile. Why don't they understand that Daxton and I are just friends. Alexa is in this competition, too. Does she just not like Daxton? Or does she have someone from home that she loves? I'll have to ask her.

"What?" I ask, challenging them to say anything.

"Nothing," they all mutter.

I fill my plate and start munching on my food.

"So what did you do this morning?" Alexa teases.

"I walked around the palace and almost got lost," I state.

"Did you go with anyone?" she asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yes, Daxton," I say and she smiles even bigger.

"Can you believe our parents are going to be here soon?" I say, changing the subject.

"No! But I'm so excited," she says and talks my ear off the rest of lunch.

"Ladies, your parents will be here soon. Please go up to your rooms and wait," Charlottes voice echos in the Eating Room.

"Fearsome Five in my room?" I say and they all nod.

Over the past week, we've figured out how to all go to my room without drawing any attention. First, Alexa and I go out. Then Rose. Then James. And Finally Daxton. Today, Alexa and I are half-way to my room when she stops.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I...I think I just want to stay in my room," she says and I nod.

"Okay, if you think that's best," I say and she goes to her room.

I wait two minutes and the door opens to reveal Rose.

"Where's Alexa?" she wonders.

"Decided to stay in her room," I explain and shrug. After another four minutes, everyone but Alexa is in my room.

"Are you excited about your parents coming?" Rose asks.

"Yes, of course," I laugh.

"Are you excited to see my family again, James?" I ask.

"Frankly, your mother scares me," he says.

"Should I be afraid?" Daxton asks.

"Yes," James and I say at the same time, laughing.

"Oh, dear," Daxton starts to worry.

"Oh, I can't wait to meet your sister," Rose squeals.

"I can't wait to see her," I say.

"Are you excited to meet all the families?" I ask Daxton.

"Goodness, no. I've heard about overprotective fathers but I'm not ready to meet any," he says.

"Then steer clear of my dad," I tell him.

"How would you know if he was overprotective?" he wonders.

"I don't but just incase," I say and he smiles.

"Noted," he says. There's a knock at the door.

"Miss Camry, please open the door," a deep voice says.

I look at all my friend with wide eye's. What on earth could it be? I slowly get up and put my hand on the door knob. For some reason I'm expecting the worst. My family died in a plane crash or my family decided they didn't want to come. I slowly open the door and am bombarded with hugs.

"Cam! It's so good to see you! You look beautiful," Emory exclaims.

"Honey, you look gorgeous," my mom hugs me.

"Now you really do look like a princess," my dad says and I smile.

"Who's that?" Emory says, pointing to my three friends that I totally forgot about. They now sit with their backs to me.

"Well, you remember James," I say and James gets up, facing us.

"Mr. and Mrs. Kingsom. Emory," he says, acknowledging them.

"This is Rose," I say and Rose gets up facing my family. They all gasp.

"That's the princess," Emory says and Rose smiles.

"It's wonderful to meet you all. I'm guessing your Emory?" Rose asks her and Emory's smile widens.

"Who's the last person?" my father asks.

"That...um...is Daxton," I say and he turns around to face us.

"The prince?" my mom chokes out.

"Pleasure to meet you all," Daxton says, shaking their hands.

"Do you think we should check on Alexa?" James asks.

"No, we don't want to bother her and her family. Let's just leave. We'll see you all at dinner," Rose says, pulling the two boys out. My family turns back to my with questioning faces. I offer them a sheepish smile.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

17.4K 460 18
EDITING THE NOVEL, MAY 2023 - Everything will be back up soon! ------------- He stops touching me and quietly watches my stern face before speaking...
2.1K 73 13
In the Kingdom of Amphibiland where evil lurks in the shadows, Princess Sasha is ordered to find a suitor at a royal ball hosted by her father, King...
7.1K 182 43
The Wimbledon tournament in 2023 takes place in London, where she has lived since birth. On the other hand, Carlos Alcaraz, a Spanish tennis player...
266K 8.8K 26
When Johanna is rejected and told to run, she has no idea where to go. But her wolf does. She runs for weeks, all the while, being chased by wolves f...