As the guy turned around Adrien couldn't stop the shock.

"Wayhem?"

"Adrien! Hey man! Good to see you again."

Adrien stretched a hand out to shake his number one fans, well number two after Marinette.

"And you! So Kagami has captured you?"

She hugged onto her boyfriend's arm and smiled up to Adrien, she looked so ... happy.

"I don't know about captured, more captivated." He leant his head down and placed a kiss on Kagami's lips. They looked incredibly in love and Adrien felt shocked. No way would he ever think of these two together, the whole idea was just strange, but his friend was happy. The friend he had done so much wrong by.

"Well enjoy the rest of your evening-" he checked his watch, "there's somewhere I need to be."

Adrien scurried out of the ballroom to find his designated meeting point.

——————————————
11.55pm

Luka and Marinette had made their way outside onto the balcony. The night was clear, creating a crisp chill over Paris.

"So?" Marinette began.

"So," Luka replied. He was playing with his hand's eyes firmly placed on the ground. "I just want to apologise, for everything. We've always got on so well and I'd hate to think I've lost you as a friend. You mean so much to me."

Marinette stretched out and placed a hand on Luka's arm.

"Luka, we'll always be friends. I just want the best for you, but I know that's not me. You mean a lot, you were my first boyfriend. Just thank you so much for everything."

Luka smiled and nodded at Marinette, but it was Christmas Eve. She wanted to show those she loved exactly how much. Pouncing forward she took Luka in her arms.

"He's a lucky guy, and I'm so glad he finally realises that."

"He sure does," Marinette said as they broke apart.

"I'm going to head back inside. Do you want to come with me?" Luka offered his arm out for Marinette. It was midnight. The chimes of Notre-Dame began to ring in the distance and her heart got caught in her throat. This was it.

"No, it's ok Luka. I just need some air for a little bit. It's stuffy in there."

"Merry Christmas Mari."

"Merry Christmas Luka."

Luka smiled his understanding and walked back into the room. Marinette watched him retreat before turning back and resting her forearms on the balcony. She looked out over the sparkling lights of Paris, thinking about all the children struggling to sleep and the parents rushing around to try and get the presents under the tree. It was such a magical time, and she couldn't wait to have a family of her own. What she hoped for more than anything else were blonde-haired, blue-eyed babies who herself and her partner would look out for.

"Merry Christmas M'Lady." His voice cut through the night, causing her to gasp.

"Chat?"

"Please don't turn around. Let me speak first."

"Ok." Her voice was breathy and nowhere near the confidence she thought she'd have.

"I have loved you since the day you crashed into me high up in the air, your clumsiness has never failed to amaze me and it intrigued me no end. I couldn't help but wonder how someone so confident and agile could also be so unsteady.

And then I met Marinette, my "just a good friend" Marinette. How blind was I? Well that was until New York. You wowed me. No one had ever stood up for me the way you did. No one had made me feel so wanted and so needed. The dance in the moonlight, the falling out, the making up. I just knew Ladybug and Marinette were my ideal girl, I just wish I could have combined you together." He laughed out. "But I didn't need to wish."

Marinette gasped as two arms reached around her waist. Two strong secure arms, two arms she belonged in, two arms she never wanted to leave.

"I fell in love with you twice, Marinette, and I pray to the Miraculous' you might be able to fall in love with all sides of me too-"

"No!" Marinette interrupted his speech.

"No?" Adrien let go of Marinette and took a step back. His heart was dying, he wanted to cry. To run away and never be seen again.

"No, Adrien. I don't need to try to love all of you -" she turned around and looked into the eyes of the boy who'd filled her dreams since she was a young teenager. She noticed he looked broken, she stepped forward towards him and placed her hands on his cheek.

"I always have and I always will love you. As Chat Noir and as Adrien Agreste." She stretched up and placed her lips to his.

He closed his eyes and got lost in the moment, tilting his head to kiss her with everything he possessed. Before too long the kiss ended and they moved away from each other.

With a gap between them Adrien went down onto one knee, pulling out the Tiffany box to display the ring. Marinette gasped, placing both hands over her mouth.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, you are my purrfect lady and I adore you. I want to spend holidays with you, kiss you, love you, make babies with you, argue with you and care for you for the rest of my life! I hope this grumpy stray cat can finally find a home to live in, and I hope they home is in your heart." He looked up at her to find tears running down her face.

"So Princess, I would be incredibly honoured if you'd be my wife. Will you marry me?"

She dived forward and knocked Adrien onto the floor landing on top of him, kissing every inch of his face.

"Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!" He laughed sitting up and taking her with him. "I love you, kitty and no one will ever change that."

She stood up and held her hand out for her partner and her new fiancé.

"It's beautiful!" The tears continued to fall as he placed the ring upon her delicate finger. She was finally his, and he was finally here's.

He pulled her into a tight hug, relishing every moment of it.

"I can't believe we're finally here. I've wanted this, I've wanted you for so so long."

As the chimes on Notre-Dame died down and the wishes of a truly happy holiday spread around the Gala, the two superheroes remained locked together in a world of their own.

In a world that was 'Miraculous'.