Part 4- His Friendship With Hermione

For the most part, Ron was a brilliant friend, but he definitely had his moments - such as his jealousy over the Triwizard Tournament or walking out during the Horcrux hunt. Hermione, on the other hand, never wavered. During Goblet of Fire, Harry and Ron's friendship suffered a huge rupture, when Ron didn't believe that Harry hadn't entered the Tournament; a rupture that was most likely based on a bit of jealousy. Hermione, however, stuck with Harry all the way - staying up late at night to help Harry master ways to conquer a whopping great dragon.

Of course, a very logical Hermione had times when she questioned Harry's sometimes irrational thinking - forcing him to check on Sirius before charging off to the Ministry of Magic, for example - but even then, she offered to accompany him to Umbridge's office, something Harry recognised as 'a sign of solidarity and loyalty'.

Hermione was there for Harry practically as well as emotionally. She helped him deliver Norbert the dragon to Ron's brother Charlie, practise the Summoning Charm he needed for the first Triwizard task, and researched everything from breathing underwater to killing Horcruxes to help him in his various adventures. A key thing that made Hermione such a great friend was knowing when Harry needed help, even when he insisted he didn't. When Harry was moping about in Grimmauld Place, sure that the Weasleys were talking about his eye-of-the-snake dream, it was Hermione who forced him out of his bedroom and made him talk to the others.