And whether she chose to acknowledge it or not FP had taken a part in helping her and Jason with their journey towards keeping their baby (later known to be babies). The role he partook in after the tragic filicide clouded her hard feelings towards the man. As much as she didn't necessarily like the idea of FP helping out with/being around the twins she understood that he genuinely cared for the two children. He, without ever giving it a second thought, always helped Alice with the twins. That was something her father couldn't do for her or her mother.

Alice brought the twins out to the yard right after they woke up from their nap to go see the swing set FP built for them. He was beyond excited to see their reactions, so he had been patiently waiting for the toddlers to wake up.

"Who wants to play on the swings?" FP's face lit up when the kids came outside. They let go of Alice's hands and ran down to him by the swings. "Up we go. Hang on tight, okay?" FP sat them down on the swings one at a time before giving them a push.

Alice pulled her phone out and took pictures of the cuteness overload. The teenagers inside of the house watched from the kitchen window.

"Do you think that's what it would have been like if Charles was a surprise baby brother instead of our older brother?"

"I don't even want to think about it, JB." Jughead scrunched his face. He was still trying to wrap his head around his father dating his girlfriend's mom.

"It's kind of cute watching them play with them," Betty admitted. Jughead turned to look at her a little surprised by her reaction. "We can ignore the weird part about this for like a second here and see how happy they are helping raise those twins." Betty understood how much losing the right to Charles affected her mother. "They never got to experience that with Charles. The least we can do is let them have this without making it more strange."

"At this rate you might want to give them a grandchild before they think about giving Charles a full blooded sibling."

"I am not birthing anyone's child any time soon," Betty turned down her idea immediately after it came out of her mouth. Jughead spoke over her as she did, "They weren't thinking when Charles was made."

"Actually, now that I think about it, I'd be okay with a sister," Jellybean shrugged. "You'd think that after daddy made two boys he'd at least even it out and give us a sister, too. Who knows, maybe it's possible. Alice was on a girl streak after Charles."

"Sharing another sibling would only make things even weirder," Jughead said. "Don't go giving them any ideas."

Betty hooked her arm around his. "Relax. I think they finally learned to be careful."

"Again, I'd rather not think about it."

"I don't know," Jellybean teased. "Once Polly's back those twins are probably out of here. You two will be gone for college. I can probably convince them to postpone empty nesting before I'm out, too."

"You don't need a sister. Aren't Charles and I enough?"

"No."

"Harsh."

Betty laughed at his reaction. The three then dropped the argument and watched what was going on in the backyard.

Jellybean had felt a little jealous of the twins at first. Eventually they had grown on her. Truthfully, she was jealous that they got to have her father do dad things with them when she missed out on their father-daughter relationship for a couple of years.

When she got her dad back in her life she realized why he was better off figuring things out with Alice than making things work with her mother. Her mother fed into his downfall. Alice helped him resurface.