Chapter 6

I was in our room. My mom said that she was bringing my prosthetic leg soon. So now I just have to wait. I see the door open, so I look over.

It was Asahi.

"Oh, hey Asahi!" I said smiling at him.

"Hi Y/N." He said.

"So what's up?" I asked.

"Oh, your mom is waiting in the gym for you." He said.

"Oh thank you!" I said as I got up.

I grab my crunches, and walked next to Asahi. A smile on my face.

"Are you still going to play?" I hear him ask.

"Of course. Volleyball is what he told me not to give up on." I said.

"Who?" He asked.

"No one really. Lets just go!" I said smiling at him.

We get to the gym pretty fast. I see my mom there with the leg. I go over, and sit next to her.

She then showed me how to put it on. After that I did it when she took it off. It was pretty easy to me. At lest for now. After that I got up. I then try to walk.

I stumble a little. I smile, and hug my mom. A smile on my face. She hugged me back.

"Well you should go practice walking." She said.

I nod, and start to walk down the halls. Doing my best not to fall. I keep trying, and just doing my all.

"Your getting good at that." I hear Suga say.

I turn my head, and see him smile at me.

"I'm doing my best for a first time. It's a little weird!" I said rubbing the back of my head.

I hear him give a small chuckle. I smile, and turn my body to him.

"Well go back to your practice then Suga! Don't want to get behind on it!" I said as I nug him.

"Okay, well don't hurt yourself!" He said as he jogged away.

I sit down on a bench. A smile on my face. I just have to keep trying. Just be the best you can be. I can be a warrior if I try! As long as I try!

I get up, and walk to the gym. Not stumbling that much. I take a volleyball. People on my team looking at me confused.

"What are you doing?" Coach Ukai asked.

"I'm going to practice!" I said as I walked to a wall.

I put on my head phones. I tap my fingers on the ball. I use to practice while singing a song. That always made me do my best.

I put the ball to my forehead. I throw it up. Doing a few upward tosses. A small smile on my lips.

Then I practice hitting the ball to the wall. Then I put the ball up. Coach Ukai looked over at me.

"You should really rest." He said with a hint of worry.

"Tell me this. How do I get better if I don't try? I can't just lay around. I have to try my best. It's all he ever wanted me to do." I said as I looked at my hand.

"Who?" He asked.

"It's no one important. But trust me. If I try I'll be at my best again, because I can be a warrior. As long as I try." I said with a smile.

"Okay. Just don't push yourself to much." Coach said with a sigh.

I nod, and then I did what shocked everyone. I started to do laps. Running at full speed. Not stopping for a break. Then I take a ball.

I put it to my face. Then I get ready to set. I do a set, and run to the ball before it fell. Hitting it. I fell to the ground, and slipped. Falling to my butt.

I flinch a little. But I get up again. I give off a small giggle, and do it again. Everytime I slipped.

I just keep doing my best.

*Time Skip*

I was walking back to our room. I was stopped by Suga. He looked at me with worry.

"Why do you push yourself? It's not good for you!" He said.

"I'll be fine. I'm The Tiny Monster! No mater what gets in my way I can always try again. As long as I try!" I said.

He just sighed. I grab his hand. Making him follow me. He was just following as I pull him.

Now we are at the court. No one around. I take a ball.

"Set for me!" I said as I pull the leg off.

He looked shocked, "I can't! You can't do that!" He yelled.

"Trust me Suga!" I yelled.

I throw the ball. Then I hop really fast. Making it look like I'm running since my knee's would bend.

Then I send as much strength to my leg. Jumping as high as I could. I then hit the ball. I fall to the ground. Then fall back.

"I told you Suga. I just need to practice a bit more." I said with a giggle.

"Okay just please don't do that so much. Do it with the leg. Maybe you can do that better." He said.

"I don't like it with the leg. It's so weird. Makes me feel like I lost mine." I said with a giggle.

"Because you did." He said.

"So? I think that if I don't feel like it's gone then it's not fully gone." I said.

He sighed, and put a hand in front of me. Pulling me up. I smile, and grab his hand. Letting him pull me up. A smile on my face.

Then I hop to my leg. Putting it on. Then we walk back to our camp room. Tomorrow will be the last day of camp. I have to be ready for that. Maybe I can try to play in the game with out my leg?

I don't know. I can try for sure. Right now it's time to rest.