"And I have to know what it is before it's too late for him,"

"Does he know whatcha think he is?"

"I don't even think he believes in things like that,"

Bethany licked her lip and looked at the ceiling with her hands on her waist as more tears came flooding down. "I just wanna be near him. Does that make me sound like a creep? But I just wanna soak in her presence. Even if it's just for one day,"

"You haven't processed her death?"

She shook her head. "I'm not even allowed to ask questions about her at home, or see pictures. They all got burned. No one talks about her, I don't recall anyone crying. They made me feel weak for crying. Had to sob into my pillow every night, it annoyed my sisters so I had to be strong and not do that,"

"Bethany that is awful. She was your mother. You had all the right to go crazy. I wish I could help," I looked at how empty the hallways were. "We should be going to our classes."

"Yeah. I agree."

We were off. I sat in class wondering if it would be wise to let Jason in on everything. I want life to be normal to him, I don't want to take his innocence away from him. One second he lives in a normal town and the next it's not. His whole life was horrible and I don't want to add to his trauma but I also know that he needs to know. He must know.

Minus Jason, I took my friends to the forest after school. Today marks the first day of Laura's training. She's still just a baby in all of this and so there's a lot of things that she doesn't know, many things that I have to teach her as a result of my punishment.

I turned Laura into a zombie and although it was accidentally, it is still punishable by either death or something similar. Eternal imprisonment.

We walked uphill in silence, listening to the busy life around them. Leaves cracking, tiny feet running around the forest. Once they reached the perfect spot I stopped.

I grinned, not 'cause I was excited or anything but because I was nervous. I looked at my feet for a few seconds before I lifted my head and cleared my throat and looked at her friends. Paul and Kin came along to show some support on the first day, maybe they won't be joining tomorrow or far in the future.

"So... I've obviously never done this," I cleared my throat as I tried to maintain my loose hair blowing in the gentle breeze by removing it from my eyes. " The three of us wrote you a book that you can read. It's about our thoughts and struggles as supernatural beings, you get to write your experiences in them too,"

I rummaged through my bag and found the book. I slowly handed it over to Laura who looked at it for a long time. It was like she was making up her mind on whether or not to like the cover. She was on the cover wearing a sundress and a sun hat, it's not the type of attire she'd normally be seen in and maybe that's why she's debating.

She shrugged. "Hate the cover. Doesn't even look like me. I'll see if I like the book or not, I'm not a huge fan of like thick books with lots of words. What am I a nerd like Jason?"

Kin grinned.

Saskia cleared her throat as she rubbed her hands, "anyway. Let's begin. First, we will have to know which type of zombie you are, at the academy they let the students take a quiz and then have them have physical training to see if their behaviour fits the results of the quiz. I asked y'all to take the quizzes last night and I have the results with me."

I took out the results and scanned them one last time before I share it with them.
I just thought it would be cool if I let Paul and Kin also take the test for fun. Which they enjoyed. "So, Paul, you're a runner,"